Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Did a very slow road ride last night, 17 MPH winds and somehow it felt like we were riding into them for the entire loop (the circled part) which this group does 4-5x, the rest of the miles were me heading to/from the brewery from my house, brutal head wind on the way there, finally a break on the return:

Then fun mountain bike ride this AM, just out enjoying the woods and downhill bits, with a few hill repeats in the mix for “training”:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Your slow ride is still faster than me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:20 pm Your slow ride is still faster than me.
Is it? I've seen plenty of your rides at 18+ MPH.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:42 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:20 pm Your slow ride is still faster than me.
Ditch the sandals and keep riding in groups in Florida and you’ll get faster in quick fashion.
:iono: I am way faster than most of the people in groups here because they ride in groups all the time. I think solo riding makes you faster,, but variety is pretty key for improvement as well.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
Is it? I've seen plenty of your rides at 18+ MPH.
On a flat all out ride with minimal wind I have seen an average of 18 one time, every other ride has been 17 or less. The other ones you see at 18+ on Strava are fake indoor "miles" from the trainer.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:10 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Ditch the sandals and keep riding in groups in Florida and you’ll get faster in quick fashion.
:iono: I am way faster than most of the people in groups here because they ride in groups all the time. I think solo riding makes you faster,, but variety is pretty key for improvement as well.
Depends on who you ride with, I suppose. Some of the ones around here break out into groups with the top ones being well into the 20s for a base pace. :stig: Others are no-drop groups that I'm sure are pretty pokey.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:31 pm

Depends on who you ride with, I suppose. Some of the ones around here break out into groups with the top ones being well into the 20s for a base pace. :stig: Others are no-drop groups that I'm sure are pretty pokey.
:word:

That is certainly true here too, and I'm still exploring the groups... but even so, 20+ MPH in a group is about as hard as 17 MPH solo. I got really strong by just riding a heavy ass old bike outside a lot by myself. Most of the people I encounter here on group rides, even those who have been cycling for decades, are significantly slower/weaker than me. Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, I have sucked at every other sport I've ever done in my life. It's just something interesting I have noticed, the draft/safety net of riding in a group make it significantly easier.
troyguitar

I don't really care anymore since there are no hills which require 200+ watts to climb even at walking speed, I just found it funny that your "slow" ride was still as fast as every ride I've ever done except for one.

You're probably faster than Zil on a sub-50 mile ride.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:25 pm I don't really care anymore since there are no hills which require 200+ watts to climb even at walking speed, I just found it funny that your "slow" ride was still as fast as every ride I've ever done except for one.

I doubt it, but I am riding with him in a few weeks, so we shall see I guess. I have yet to crack 20 mph on any ride, he seems to frequently.

I think I could do that in a flatter setting/one with less traffic lights alone or in a fast group.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:25 pm I don't really care anymore since there are no hills which require 200+ watts to climb even at walking speed, I just found it funny that your "slow" ride was still as fast as every ride I've ever done except for one.

“Hills” in Florida are the big bridges.

Actually, if you head inland towards horse country, there are some hills there. Just not much compared to anything up north.
Yeah when we crossed the "tall" bridge on Sunday I passed everyone without breaking a sweat and just stopped at the top like :ohwell:

Gotta learn the routes before I can actually lead :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:09 pm

Time to find some faster groups then. :lol:
:word: I have been. I mean 18+ over 108 miles/4500’ of climbing was nice. That dude invited me to a 124 miler this weekend and I am tempted but have rain all day tomorrow and need to do yard work Sunday :disappoint:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:54 pm
[user not found] wrote:
“Hills” in Florida are the big bridges.

Actually, if you head inland towards horse country, there are some hills there. Just not much compared to anything up north.
Yeah when we crossed the "tall" bridge on Sunday I passed everyone without breaking a sweat and just stopped at the top like :ohwell:

Gotta learn the routes before I can actually lead :doe:
I had a similar experience back in Miami. People seem to generally suck at climbing but particularly in FL.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Holy dead, I am way outta shape. :lol:

But the Carbonzo feels amazing with the angry bee hub and GX drivetrain upgrade. I’ll upgrade the cranks at some point and swap the front hub to match the rear. But holy hell it’s like I gained a gear or two. 6th felt like 5th which felt like 4th, etc. Once the legs come back, it’ll be a damn mountain goat at climbing.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:19 am Image

But the Carbonzo feels amazing with the angry bee hub and GX drivetrain upgrade. I’ll upgrade the cranks at some point and swap the front hub to match the rear. But holy hell it’s like I gained a gear or two. 6th felt like 5th which felt like 4th, etc. Once the legs come back, it’ll be a damn mountain goat at climbing.
Buzz buzz, mf

Glad you got out for a ride!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:fuckyeah: dude, :whalecum: back!

That's funny, I went out with a friend last night, his first ride in almost a year. He made it about seven miles as well and was totally gassed, he was beating himself up over it but he actually did quite well, IMO. It takes a bit to get your legs/heart accustomed to multi-hour rides.

Glad you enjoyed it, looking forward to seeing more!
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:07 pm

Buzz buzz, mf

Glad you got out for a ride!
I was loving the ride. It’s gonna sound awesome as I pick up speed on the descents!
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:27 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:18 pm

I was loving the ride. It’s gonna sound awesome as I pick up speed on the descents!
Need to get you down to Wiss once your legs come back a bit.
Yes, sir!
Also, Nox is under 30 mins from the :haus: I’m under contract on. :megusta:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:25 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:38 pm

Yes, sir!
Also, Nox is under 30 mins from the :haus: I’m under contract on. :megusta:
Great, another trail system that’s never open! :lolol:

But that’s awesome.
I’m cursed! :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:49 pm Raced down at Fair Hill today with a buddy of mine - Covid protocol dictates staggered starts in small groups of 3, which was actually pretty awesome. No huge clusterfuck pileup at the first dive into the trail was :tits:

Caught the pack, and quickly fucked it all up on a creek crossing on the first lap. Picked the wrong line and had it in the wrong gear, and just watched everyone ride past and away from me. Took me nearly the entire rest of the race to catch my friend and pass him back.

Oh, I beat my friend by only 4 seconds. :fuckyeah:
:nice: dude, those times are all pretty close, sounds/looks like a fun race! Well, other than the two freaks out in front who just smashed it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I was able to get my new :225: installed and seated yesterday on the Orbea wheels. My floor pump didn’t get it, but I was able to get enough of a stream from my heavy duty HF 12V deal that connects right to the battery for power.

Slightly annoying process but they held air for a few hours so hopefully I’m all set. I’ll check them today. I didn’t realize I needed a special tool to remove the cranks, I had started the process of installing the narrow wide chainring and dropper, I’ll finish when that tool arrives Tuesday. None of the local shops had one which seems weird but not all that surprising since they rarely seem to have much.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well, I got my Maxxis Minion SS tubeless, PNW Pine dropper, RaceFace narrow wide front cog (1X) all installed and everything seems to be in great working order :notbad:

I am :excited: , hopefully I can get out on the trails and try it out tonight.

:fuckyeah:
Apex

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:34 pm Well, I got my Maxxis Minion SS tubeless, PNW Pine dropper, RaceFace narrow wide front cog (1X) all installed and everything seems to be in great working order :notbad:

I am :excited: , hopefully I can get out on the trails and try it out tonight.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:11 pm Image

Actual professional photos from the race. :neat:
:jimp:

You have the best facial expressions in photos like these, such focus. Really cool shots to have!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That is quite a :dill:

I guess at that price, most participants buy them and the photog can still make some money at seemingly low margins.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Fucking hole in my new CX tire. Gonna try to patch it with gorilla tape.
Tubeless, man.... still doesn’t work quite as well as it should.