Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

:boxodicks:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:49 pm:boxodicks:
:ohmy:
Apex

I should ride my bike again…
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Took the Occam out for another ride yesterday and I just can’t shake the weird juju I get when I’m riding it. I just look down and see this bike and I just can’t get comfortable on it.

Went to the local Trek store yesterday after the ride and basically said “sell me the first Remedy 9.8 you can get me” and I was told if I gave them $5800 today I would see a bike around December.

I had a Ripmo V2 on order but canceled it after the spec went down from a Factory 36/x2 to a performance 36/dpx2, and XT drivetrain to SLX… while the price went up from $5400 to $6500.

I found what might be one of the last large Ripmo V2 frames in gray in stock with a shop in Colorado today, and just said fuck it.

Need to find a 160mm fox 36 or 38, a set of 29” wheels, and a 175mm dropper.

I’ll take the new drivetrain off the Occam, put the old 11spd XT back on it, put the fox 36 on the nukeproof and return the Occam back to the “stock” configuration with the 140mm rear shock, too. I’ll probably throw it at TheProsCloset just to get it gone.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:20 pm Took the Occam out for another ride yesterday and I just can’t shake the weird juju I get when I’m riding it. I just look down and see this bike and I just can’t get comfortable on it.

Went to the local Trek store yesterday after the ride and basically said “sell me the first Remedy 9.8 you can get me” and I was told if I gave them $5800 today I would see a bike around December.

I had a Ripmo V2 on order but canceled it after the spec went down from a Factory 36/x2 to a performance 36/dpx2, and XT drivetrain to SLX… while the price went up from $5400 to $6500.

I found what might be one of the last large Ripmo V2 frames in gray in stock with a shop in Colorado today, and just said fuck it.

I’ll take the new drivetrain off the Occam, put the old 11spd XT back on it, put the fox 36 on the nukeproof and return the Occam back to the “stock” configuration with the 140mm rear shock, too. I’ll probably throw it at TheProsCloset just to get it gone.
New Ripmo is going to be awesome!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:30 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:20 pm Took the Occam out for another ride yesterday and I just can’t shake the weird juju I get when I’m riding it. I just look down and see this bike and I just can’t get comfortable on it.

New Ripmo is going to be awesome!
HELL yeah. The trails close to me are more Ripley or even Exie appropriate, but the Ripmo looks like an absolutely awesome whip.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Frame shipped.
Bontrager Line Elite Wheels ordered. I have the Comp's upgraded to Elite spec on the Occam now and they're solid.
Can't find a new/take off fork anywhere so will need to blow fat stacks on a new fork, so I'll probably just go with a Fox 36 Performance Elite... unless $70 more is worth it for Factory/kashima? Frame has a Factory X2 shock, so will my OCD allow that?
PNW dropper and cockpit ordered.
New XT 12spd drivetrain is coming off the Occam onto the Ripmo.
Need tires.

Old XT11 speed is going back on the Occam. Fox 36 from the Occam goes onto the Nukeproof and the 34 goes the other way. Original DT Swiss wheels go back on the Occam and the 27.5 Bontragers go to her Liv. The Giant wheels go to her Dartmoor.
Occam gets listed in some FB groups and then get's offed to The Pro's Closet as soon as I can't deal with people's bullshit.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

New Trek Roscoe. :notbad:

Much more modern geometry than the last model. Do want.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bike ... 7/p/35116/

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

That paint scheme is dope.

I had a :mahtroy: :rage: moment this morning. I did a variation on a route I do all of the time, legs just felt like shit and I was 1.5 mph slower than I have been over the past six+ months. I know my riding has been down a bit due to summer travel, but still rather frustrating. Hopefully it was a fluke, I plan to participate in a 75 mile race Sunday.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Looking at that Roscoe got me thinking, do y'all use those 50T dinner plate gears on your cassettes? Granted I don't live in the mountains, but I have a 30T in the front and only up to 36T in the back and have yet to need easier gearing, in fact, I can rarely get traction in the 30/36 gear.

Just curious. :iono: I haven't really gotten into the dropper post, every time I drop it I end up fucking up my knees... but other than that the new tires/t00bless/1X etc. on the Whorbea have me really enjoying it. It's funny that it just looks ancient now (2016 model) but :aintcare: , I really can't see upgrading MTB at any point soon. I just need to ride it more and get better.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I used it a few times on the Trance, although that bike had a 32t crank so not totally apples to apples. If I was totally beat and still needed to make it up a steep, techy rooted and/or rocky climb, it came in handy a few times.

:notsure: how you aren't getting along with the dropper, though. The first time I demoed a bike with one was a bit of a :mindblown: experience.

In other news, the NorCal Cycling Youtube channel is doing a second season of couch to crit and I e-mailed about being their season 2 subject. I'm sure I won't get it, but it'd be fun to have some real coaching and some accountability on the bike.
Apex

Dropper is 5/7. Slam that bitch down and it turns into a BMX bike and you send it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:23 am I used it a few times on the Trance, although that bike had a 32t crank so not totally apples to apples. If I was totally beat and still needed to make it up a steep, techy rooted and/or rocky climb, it came in handy a few times.

:notsure: how you aren't getting along with the dropper, though.
The first time I demoed a bike with one was a bit of a :mindblown: experience.

In other news, the NorCal Cycling Youtube channel is doing a second season of couch to crit and I e-mailed about being their season 2 subject. I'm sure I won't get it, but it'd be fun to have some real coaching and some accountability on the bike.
I think I just suck :iono: Like I'm not comfortable enough out of the saddle, never got into BMX as a kid, :disappoint: The knee pain is weird.

I actually went out on some trails this AM, knee felt a bit meh for the first few miles but then the discomfort totally went away and it was really a 5/7 ride and escape from day to day.

One thing I love about trail riding over road, because my mind is far more occupied with the technical side of it, it is a much better way to clear my mind. Like, on my road bike, it can get sort of boring, so I wind up thinking about work, family stuff, whatever other :bs: is going on in life. Trail riding solo is like a true meditation experience for me somehow. I am in the best mood I've been in all week after the ride :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:23 am I used it a few times on the Trance, although that bike had a 32t crank so not totally apples to apples. If I was totally beat and still needed to make it up a steep, techy rooted and/or rocky climb, it came in handy a few times.

:notsure: how you aren't getting along with the dropper, though.
The first time I demoed a bike with one was a bit of a :mindblown: experience.

I think I just suck :iono: Like I'm not comfortable enough out of the saddle, never got into BMX as a kid, :disappoint: The knee pain is weird.

I actually went out on some trails this AM, knee felt a bit meh for the first few miles but then the discomfort totally went away and it was really a 5/7 ride and escape from day to day.

One thing I love about trail riding over road, because my mind is far more occupied with the technical side of it, it is a much better way to clear my mind. Like, on my road bike, it can get sort of boring, so I wind up thinking about work, family stuff, whatever other :bs: is going on in life. Trail riding solo is like a true meditation experience for me somehow. I am in the best mood I've been in all week after the ride :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I continue to feel better on the bike and continue to be slow as hell. Oddly the more aggressive I set my seat the more comfortable I feel. I've now got it way up high and pushed all the way forward. Next step is to try lowering the handlebars.

If I can't put out more power, maybe I can at least get more aero.

I've also said fuck it and grabbed a used 11-28 cassette on ebay since I never use the bigger gears. Right now it's effectively an 8-speed bike.
troyguitar

Hard to tell in the mess (it also feels like it's been raining all day every day for an eternity, not the 10-15 minutes a day FL is supposed to get) but here's where I've ended up so far:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:43 pm Hard to tell in the mess (it also feels like it's been raining all day every day for an eternity, not the 10-15 minutes a day FL is supposed to get) but here's where I've ended up so far:

I'm still :notsure: where you got this, it rains constantly in FL in the summer, September/October is when it gets really nice and stays that way through about April. Still, hot rain > hoth, IMO.

That bike looks awesome, so at least there's that.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:22 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:43 pm Hard to tell in the mess (it also feels like it's been raining all day every day for an eternity, not the 10-15 minutes a day FL is supposed to get) but here's where I've ended up so far:

I'm still :notsure: where you got this, it rains constantly in FL in the summer, September/October is when it gets really nice and stays that way through about April. Still, hot rain > hoth, IMO.

That bike looks awesome, so at least there's that.
I think he misunderstood. in FL it rains A LOT. Lightning capital of the world or the country or whatever. Anyways, usually it TENDS to rain in short bursts BUT only if there's not a weather system nearby.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

Everyone who lives here or has ever lived here told me that it rains for 10-15 minutes every afternoon all summer like clockwork and is sunny for the rest of the time. It was obviously :bs: but I heard it enough times that I expected it to be true-ish.

But yes, I go out in the rain anyway since it's at least 80 degrees out instead of fucking 30.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:34 am Also, I'm not big on the drooper life either - I got into riding without one, and it's just how my riding style is.

That being said, if I was ever going to do bigger drops and stuff, I'd need one. I don't fly well though, so :iono:

And I run an 11/36 cassette on the back of the Orbea with a 30T front ring, I don't need some dinnerplate wide range cassette. But, I've also got the power to overcome the gearing, too.
:dock: on all of this. I am just not all that comfortable being in the air, sadly I doubt I ever will be. I've always been a bit of a :pussy: when it comes to sending it. It's still a ton of fun :doe: so whatever. No regrets on trying the dropper, but I may just sell it at some point.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:45 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:34 am Also, I'm not big on the drooper life either - I got into riding without one, and it's just how my riding style is.

That being said, if I was ever going to do bigger drops and stuff, I'd need one. I don't fly well though, so :iono:

And I run an 11/36 cassette on the back of the Orbea with a 30T front ring, I don't need some dinnerplate wide range cassette. But, I've also got the power to overcome the gearing, too.
:dock: on all of this. I am just not all that comfortable being in the air, sadly I doubt I ever will be. I've always been a bit of a :pussy: when it comes to sending it. It's still a ton of fun :doe: so whatever. No regrets on trying the dropper, but I may just sell it at some point.
:sad:

Being in the air is the entire point of getting on a MTB for me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:32 am Bike is hot, well done.

Griff, might be due for some recovery/forced rest/cross training - my legs kinda feel the same after July. I crammed 819 miles into the month with a lot of big and hard rides and I was definitely feeling it on Tuesday. I was still able to throw down, but my legs felt super tight and tired.

Currently dealing with a saddle sore that cropped up within the last 24 hours, and it's annoying AF, but it's forcing me to rest for a change.
Yeah I thought I rode a lot less in July due to all of the travel and stuff, but it was still decent and I did a lot of hiking and such as well. :iono: maybe it was just an off day, maybe worn out.

I did try that 2X20 thing this AM, went out on the "Booty Loop" which is probably the most popular cycling segment in Charlotte, they do a 24 hour charity race on it every year. I did 2X20 minute efforts. I then rode to the gym.. my average speed on the ride wound up being 18 because the trip home from the gym involves downtown stop and go, but the trip to the gym plus the 2X20 laps ended up at 19 MPH average, which I was pretty pleased with considering I was on the Raleigh in baggies.
Apex

I think Blue Mountain is like 45 mins from the :haus:
May have to grab a rental sometime and see how some real mountain stuff feels. :excited:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:02 am I think Blue Mountain is like 45 mins from the :haus:
May have to grab a rental sometime and see how some real mountain stuff feels. :excited:
:fuckyeah:

I skied there once, it's a really nice and pretty area. I haven't tried true downhill yet, maybe at some point. I may make the excuse that my rig isn't quite set up for that :lolol: