Sawce's contest prep...

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Congrats dude, awesome work on taking first in your class!

Pretty crazy how lean you got, you've never carried much fat and I've always considered you a lean guy, so wild how much further you took it.

Truly :impressive: and I'm glad you're now eating some brownies.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:46 pm Congrats dude, awesome work on taking first in your class!

Pretty crazy how lean you got, you've never carried much fat and I've always considered you a lean guy, so wild how much further you took it.

Truly :impressive: and I'm glad you're now eating some brownies.
Thanks dude! It was definitely eye opening to see the true definition of lean doing this. Will be interesting to see how that fucks with my head in the future in regards to how (un)happy I am with how my body looks when I'm not prepping for a show :neat:
SAWCE

On a different/bad note, I had a weird realization as I looked through pictures again yesterday and spent some time on the ones of my mom and I. Our faces have the same sunken in look although mine is more pronounced. Weird to think that mine is by choice, where her's is becaue of the cancer/chemo/radiation literally killing her and making her so sick all the time that she can't bring herself to eat. The whole thing seemed incredibly fucked up when that hit me and had me in a weird mood the rest of the day.

Fuck man. Coming to terms with your parents' mortality when they're so relatively young is rough. Part of me wishes I could trade places with her, but the other part of me knows it'd be even harder for her to watch me go through that as her child than it is for me to watch her. Which is worse, physical or emotional pain?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:48 pm On a different/bad note, I had a weird realization as I looked through pictures again yesterday and spent some time on the ones of my mom and I. Our faces have the same sunken in look although mine is more pronounced. Weird to think that mine is by choice, where her's is becaue of the cancer/chemo/radiation literally killing her and making her so sick all the time that she can't bring herself to eat. The whole thing seemed incredibly fucked up when that hit me and had me in a weird mood the rest of the day.

Fuck man. Coming to terms with your parents' mortality when they're so relatively young is rough. Part of me wishes I could trade places with her, but the other part of me knows it'd be even harder for her to watch me go through that as her child than it is for me to watch her. Which is worse, physical or emotional pain?
Thats dark.

DFD has been too dark.

Just hug your mom and spend some time with her man.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:08 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:48 pm On a different/bad note, I had a weird realization as I looked through pictures again yesterday and spent some time on the ones of my mom and I. Our faces have the same sunken in look although mine is more pronounced. Weird to think that mine is by choice, where her's is becaue of the cancer/chemo/radiation literally killing her and making her so sick all the time that she can't bring herself to eat. The whole thing seemed incredibly fucked up when that hit me and had me in a weird mood the rest of the day.

Thats dark.

DFD has been too dark.

Just hug your mom and spend some time with her man.
Yeah dude. Looking forward to spending a whole week up there with the family for Christmas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote:On a different/bad note, I had a weird realization as I looked through pictures again yesterday and spent some time on the ones of my mom and I. Our faces have the same sunken in look although mine is more pronounced. Weird to think that mine is by choice, where her's is becaue of the cancer/chemo/radiation literally killing her and making her so sick all the time that she can't bring herself to eat. The whole thing seemed incredibly fucked up when that hit me and had me in a weird mood the rest of the day.

She's at least still on an upswing I hope?

It's definitely really hard. We were at one of my good buddy's from highschool's wedding a month or so ago and his dad is doing very poorly. Crazy to think that 10-15 years ago I was at their house regularly and stuff, then the parent mortality thing really sinks in.
SAWCE

Figure I'll keep this thread updated with my personal gym stuff.

Saturday morning for my official weigh in to send my coach, I was 197.4. Up almost 12lbs in the week. 95% of that is easily going to be food (stored glycogen) and water.

Excited to see how much I can grow after this. Setting some goals for myself for next year: add 2" on my thighs (I measure about 8" down from my crotch), add 1.5" on my upper arms, add 1" on my forearms. I'm not super concerned with growth on my back or chest, but I really want to chase numbers on my limbs since they still look lanky to me with how tall I am.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SAWCE wrote:Figure I'll keep this thread updated with my personal gym stuff.

Saturday morning for my official weigh in to send my coach, I was 197.4. Up almost 12lbs in the week. 95% of that is easily going to be food (stored glycogen) and water.

Excited to see how much I can grow after this. Setting some goals for myself for next year: add 2" on my thighs (I measure about 8" down from my crotch), add 1.5" on my upper arms, add 1" on my forearms. I'm not super concerned with growth on my back or chest, but I really want to chase numbers on my limbs since they still look lanky to me with how tall I am.
Man, if you can add size and still get that cut for shows...

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

My 58 yr old uncle passed away this week. The family if devastated. It's really hard both ways buddy.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 pm

My 58 yr old uncle passed away this week. The family if devastated. It's really hard both ways buddy.
:(
Sorry man.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Dang :( Sorry to hear that man. Reach out if you need anything.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Dang :( Sorry to hear that man. Reach out if you need anything.
Thanks but I'm okay. My heart breaks when I think of his wife and kids. I joked with him a bit during his last few days and when I suggested he get better and we blow this popsicle stand he gestured nah, and pointed to heaven. He was as ready as a man can be.

His immediate family is in turmoil, I remember vivdly how bad my dad was when his pops passed away. It sucks.
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:27 pm
SAWCE wrote:Figure I'll keep this thread updated with my personal gym stuff.

Man, if you can add size and still get that cut for shows...

Theoretically. It should be even easier for me to get this cut for shows with additional muscle mass, but they do say that every prep gets harder since your body doesn’t want to be that lean and it fights more each time.

I think I’ll be okay though, because we kept my drugs way low for this one and I never had to drop below 3000 calories. I have a lot of room to work with as far as being more aggressive with drugs, diet, and cardio (I only got up to 1 hour a day on the treadmill, some people were doing 1.5-2)

Build muscle is a bitch for me, but my genetics help me lean out really easily. I’ll count that as a win and just put in hard work for a few years to build the size I need.
SAWCE

Got the profession pictures that I paid for from my show.
Favorite two so far:

My gym is gonna hang my picture on the wall with everyone else who has competed and won from there and famous people who have trained there. Going with the first picture with the side chest pose for that. Will be pretty surreal to see myself hanging on a wall that also has a picture of Arnold on it.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Very impressive dude.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:42 pm Got the profession pictures that I paid for from my show.
Favorite two so far:

My gym is gonna hang my picture on the wall with everyone else who has competed and won from there and famous people who have trained there. Going with the first picture with the side chest pose for that. Will be pretty surreal to see myself hanging on a wall that also has a picture of Arnold on it.
WOULD SMASH.
SAWCE

Thanks guys.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:42 pm Got the profession pictures that I paid for from my show.
Favorite two so far:

thats awesome man!
brain go brrrrrr
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SAWCE wrote:Got the profession pictures that I paid for from my show.
Favorite two so far:

Super cool.

Also, knowing how much work and effort went into you doing what you did makes looking at Ahnold in his prime bodybuilding days just that much more mind blowing.

:therapist:
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:27 pm
SAWCE wrote:Got the profession pictures that I paid for from my show.
Favorite two so far:

Super cool.

Also, knowing how much work and effort went into you doing what you did makes looking at Ahnold in his prime bodybuilding days just that much more mind blowing.

Definitely. Iirc, his stage weight was usually 220-230.. I’d have to add 35-40lbs to my frame.. maybe a little less since we get more lean than they used to now. But drugs also weren’t as advanced then and I’m probably using a thing or two that he may not have.
SAWCE

4 weeks post-show. Weight is up to 199, but that reading today is a bit high since I had a few extra cheat meals this week with the holidays and visiting family. I had been holding steady at 197.7ish before that. Strength is coming back, and I’m staying lean, so I’m hopeful that 2-3lbs of that weight is actual lean muscle tissue. The rest is all gonna be water, stored glycogen, and a little bit of fat.

Training changed a bit so I’m hitting arms twice a week now. Working kore if my lower chest on my chest day, and then adding in a bit for upper chest after my main arm day. Legs are staying split into two days, one quad focused and one hamstring focused. Shoulders are still just one day, but higher volume than I trained with last year. Back is similar to last year still, it’ll keep growing, but everything else should slowly catch up to it.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:22 am 4 weeks post-show. Weight is up to 199, but that reading today is a bit high since I had a few extra cheat meals this week with the holidays and visiting family. I had been holding steady at 197.7ish before that. Strength is coming back, and I’m staying lean, so I’m hopeful that 2-3lbs of that weight is actual lean muscle tissue. The rest is all gonna be water, stored glycogen, and a little bit of fat.

Training changed a bit so I’m hitting arms twice a week now. Working kore if my lower chest on my chest day, and then adding in a bit for upper chest after my main arm day. Legs are staying split into two days, one quad focused and one hamstring focused. Shoulders are still just one day, but higher volume than I trained with last year. Back is similar to last year still, it’ll keep growing, but everything else should slowly catch up to it.

its ok dude you still looks super fuckable.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Haha thanks dude.

I’m
Actually surprised at how little it’s fucking with my head not being as lean as I was for the show. I hear a lot of competitors talking about that, but I trust my coach and know we’re on track to build some good size before I step on stage again.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Thats pretty terrible to hear... :sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

Reminiscing on the show tonight doing my cardio. Found these pictures I hadn’t shared before. Posted some on my IG tonight. This was right after getting my last coat of tan that morning, had to send my coach some updates before he got to the venue so he could tell me how much to start eating.. fuck I want the shredzzz back.