Sawce's contest prep...

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Posted the other day in OT that I've finally committed to doing a show. I'll be competing in the Classic Physique division of the NPC. I should fall in the 6'2"-6'3" tier, which gives me a max stage weight of 237lbs. I'm currently sitting at 200lbs after trying to lean out a bit myself. The show is Nov 2, 2018, so I've got just over 11 months to get ready. I'll be working with a coach out here to get me where I need to be. After sending him some preliminary pictures and info, our goal is for me to gain 1.5-2lbs a week for the first 33 weeks, and then spend the last 12 weeks dieting down to get as lean as possible. I've never trained with a coach before, so I'm excited to see what he's able to help me do. I'll be sending him weekly pictures so he can adjust my diet and routine as needed, and I'll post those here to have a log that I can look back on. I'll also include basic information about my diet, lifting routine, supplementation, and super supplementation (yes, I'll obviously be using gear to help me reach this goal). I'll answer any questions along the way as well.

Let's get fucking big!
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

:scoot:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:sawce:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

In4 275lb :sawce:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Holy shit man, good luck!
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:popcorn:

Good luck dude. I've always wanted to do a show, and if I'm going to I should probably get on it. 31 now and it's not going to get any easier. I'm 5'10" and walking around at about 184-185, but with my current build at contest levels of bodyfat I'd probably be a good 10 pounds lighter. You can see all 6 abs, but the bottom two are pretty meh. How much muscle would I need to add to be competitive? No idea where to start. And are you doing an online strength and diet coach or did you find someone local?
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:58 pm :popcorn:

Good luck dude. I've always wanted to do a show, and if I'm going to I should probably get on it. 31 now and it's not going to get any easier. I'm 5'10" and walking around at about 184-185, but with my current build at contest levels of bodyfat I'd probably be a good 10 pounds lighter. You can see all 6 abs, but the bottom two are pretty meh. How much muscle would I need to add to be competitive? No idea where to start. And are you doing an online strength and diet coach or did you find someone local?
How much muscle you'd need to add would realy depend on which class you wanted to compete in. Bodybuilding, you'd probably need a good amount more.. classic physique probably not too much more.. men's physique you'd probably be fine just cutting for the show. For Classic Physique you'd fall in division B 5'9"-5'10", up to and including 197lbs.. so figure pack on 30lbs of muscle from where you're at now and then cut about 20lbs.

I'm going with a local guy, but it'll mostly be online/phone/text help. That's why I'll be sending him pictures each week. If I want in-person training sessions it's an extra $50/session. I'll probably try to budget for one a month with one a week the last 4-6 weeks leading up to the show to help me with my posing and routine.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:37 pm How much muscle you'd need to add would realy depend on which class you wanted to compete in. Bodybuilding, you'd probably need a good amount more.. classic physique probably not too much more.. men's physique you'd probably be fine just cutting for the show. For Classic Physique you'd fall in division B 5'9"-5'10", up to and including 197lbs.. so figure pack on 30lbs of muscle from where you're at now and then cut about 20lbs.

I'm going with a local guy, but it'll mostly be online/phone/text help. That's why I'll be sending him pictures each week. If I want in-person training sessions it's an extra $50/session. I'll probably try to budget for one a month with one a week the last 4-6 weeks leading up to the show to help me with my posing and routine.
197 pounds? Jeebus. :lol: I've gained a whole ~15 pounds of muscle since graduating from college nearly 10 years ago. Another 20-30 pounds of muscle for for a contest? Psh, sure.

Men's physique is lame. Board shorts? Why put all that time into the squat rack just to cover those legs back up?

I'd like to do something like starting strength - https://startingstrengthonlinecoaching. ... manliness/

You record a certain number of your lifts to get feedback on form and technique, get coaching every day after your lift, full programming, plus they have a package for diet advice along with it. Not cheap, but not something I'd want to do forever, either. They're not really tailored for bodybuilders, but a service like that specifically for bodybuilding would be perfect.
Last edited by coogles on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:48 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:37 pm How much muscle you'd need to add would realy depend on which class you wanted to compete in. Bodybuilding, you'd probably need a good amount more.. classic physique probably not too much more.. men's physique you'd probably be fine just cutting for the show. For Classic Physique you'd fall in division B 5'9"-5'10", up to and including 197lbs.. so figure pack on 30lbs of muscle from where you're at now and then cut about 20lbs.

197 pounds? Jeebus. :lol: I've gained a whole ~15 pounds of muscle since graduating from college nearly 10 years ago. Another 20-30 pounds of muscle for for a contest? Psh, sure.

Men's physique is lame. Board shorts? Why put all that time into the squat rack just to cover those legs back up?

I'd like to do something like starting strength - https://startingstrengthonlinecoaching. ... manliness/

You record a certain number of your lifts to get feedback on form and technique, get coaching every day after your lift, full programming, plus they have a package for diet advice along with it. Not cheap, but not something I'd want to do forever, either.
Yeah I don't care for men's physique. You can tell most of those dudes don't actually hit legs. All beach muscles.

Classic physique is the best look to me. Bodybuilding needs to be reigned in a bit to control the big guts, but from what I understand they're getting more strict on that, which is nice to see.

And yeah, that is an expensive program. My guy charges $400 for 3 months, or you can do $600 for 6 month, or pay $1000 for a full year (that's what I did) He normally charges an additional $200/month for actual contest prep, but he's cutting me a deal since the contest is so far away and he'll be able to control how much fat I put on between now and then and we shouldn't have to diet super super hard to get stage ready when the time comes, so I'm all in for $1000. I'll have to buy a membership to the NPC for $125 or $150, and then the show itself costs $100.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:53 pm Yeah I don't care for men's physique. You can tell most of those dudes don't actually hit legs. All beach muscles.

Classic physique is the best look to me. Bodybuilding needs to be reigned in a bit to control the big guts, but from what I understand they're getting more strict on that, which is nice to see.
The big guts are disgusting, not sure how anyone finds that to be a good look. Compare that to guys from 30 years ago and it's just night and day.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

I'm here for the pics. :gaydance:

:fuckyeah: man, kick ass and take names.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I'm entering the DFD Dad Bod olympics this year. I look forward to dominating all of you on the stage.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Acid666 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:55 pm I'm entering the DFD Dad Bod olympics this year. I look forward to dominating all of you on the stage.
:csb:
Acid666

Kudos to you for making the choice tho. My buddy was big into this and you've gotta have a certain mindset for it. It's definitely a lifestyle choice that takes a ton of dedication.
Currently, my mental dedication is on track to carb up before new years and then hit keto really hard.
And to masterbate as much as possible to Golden Girls as I can, before and after new years.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

In4pics. I'd never compete but I think it's badass. I'm certainly looking forward to reading about your journey.

What are Michelle's thoughts on it?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:16 pm Kudos to you for making the choice tho. My buddy was big into this and you've gotta have a certain mindset for it. It's definitely a lifestyle choice that takes a ton of dedication.
:dat:

Acid666 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:16 pm
Currently, my mental dedication is on track to carb up before new years and then hit keto really hard.
#metoo :fuckyeah: :fatty: :drool: :wasteful:
Acid666 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:16 pm And to masterbate as much as possible to Golden Girls as I can, before and after new years.
:dafuq: :dafuq: :dafuq:
:dafuq: :csb: :dafuq:
:dafuq: :dafuq: :dafuq:
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

We should put together a weight loss pool with a $20 cash buy in.
A friend of mine did this on Facebook and I did it along with like 10 other women. Weekly documentation with a photo of the scale, 10 weeks I think was the time frame.
Crushed those bitches even with a weight multiplier. I think I had to lose 1.5x over the women to keep it fair and man, they didn't stand a chance once I hit the bacon and butter hardcore. Easiest $200 I ever made.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:55 pm In4pics. I'd never compete but I think it's badass. I'm certainly looking forward to reading about your journey.

What are Michelle's thoughts on it?
She’s fine with me wanting to do a few shows, but she’d draw the line at me trying to become a professional bodybuilder. I don’t blame her. Its an incredibly selfish sport and it consumes your whole life. We’ll get through this first show and see how we both feel about me possibly doing more.
SAWCE

Got the first week of my plan.

3100 calories
350g protein
250g carbs
130g fat

Workouts are pretty straight forward. Lifting five days a week with cardio on four days.

Super supplement protocol is straight forward for now too, although a bit higher than I expected my first week to be based on my history that I gave him. Asking him about that to see about backing the doses down a bit.
Acid666

Do you do the crazy shit where they dip you in the pool and do some electro crap where they weigh each part of your body and then give you a fat/water/etc measurement of what each limb and shit is built of? My buddy did that and it was kind of :math: :mindblown:
SAWCE

Acid666 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:58 am Do you do the crazy shit where they dip you in the pool and do some electro crap where they weigh each part of your body and then give you a fat/water/etc measurement of what each limb and shit is built of? My buddy did that and it was kind of :math: :mindblown:
No, I'll just be using a normal scale and the mirror to track progress. I'd like to do that one day just for fun, but since you aren't actually measured at all on stage, the numbers don't matter and it's all just how you look on the final day.
Acid666

SAWCE wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:08 am
Acid666 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:58 am Do you do the crazy shit where they dip you in the pool and do some electro crap where they weigh each part of your body and then give you a fat/water/etc measurement of what each limb and shit is built of? My buddy did that and it was kind of :math: :mindblown:
No, I'll just be using a normal scale and the mirror to track progress. I'd like to do that one day just for fun, but since you aren't actually measured at all on stage, the numbers don't matter and it's all just how you look on the final day.
Yeah that's what my friend did. It was mainly to get a number for fun because he was wondering what the actual numbers were. He was getting obsessed with it though and I had to tell him he was getting nuts with it. He'd point to his abs and say "See that little piece of shit right there between these two ab muscles? I think that was the extra bowl of cereal last night."
TOO MUCH BRO. BRING DAT BACK DOWN HERE TO EARTH TEE!
SAWCE

Acid666 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:27 am

Yeah that's what my friend did. It was mainly to get a number for fun because he was wondering what the actual numbers were. He was getting obsessed with it though and I had to tell him he was getting nuts with it. He'd point to his abs and say "See that little piece of shit right there between these two ab muscles? I think that was the extra bowl of cereal last night."
Yeah.. eff that. It's way too easy to get way too obsessed with this shit. My plan is to step on the scale Saturday morning to fire my weight off to my coach, and then maybe once during the week on like Tuesday or Wednesday just to get an idea of how that week is going.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Acid666 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:27 am

I think it would be hard not to obsess over if you really got into it. I'm curious to see how it all goes for :sawce:

I'm not interested in competing, but if I was, I think I'd have to be single to even consider, seems really straining on a relationship due to the huge time commitments and the fact that eating together is such a thing.
SAWCE

First weekly check-in with the coach yesterday. Only gained half a pound, but I also didn’t start the meal plan until Wednesday due to holidays and family time. Workout plan is pretty straight forward, and so are the meals, but it’s a lot of food.

I probably won’t upload my pictures here every week, unless you guys want to see them.. my thought was to upload them once a month where you’ll see more progress between them.