Sawce's contest prep...

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SAWCE wrote:First weekly check-in with the coach yesterday. Only gained half a pound, but I also didn’t start the meal plan until Wednesday due to holidays and family time. Workout plan is pretty straight forward, and so are the meals, but it’s a lot of food.

I probably won’t upload my pictures here every week, unless you guys want to see them.. my thought was to upload them once a month where you’ll see more progress between them.
:doit:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fap:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Talked to my coach last night. I haven't done multiple working sets in a while since I was on that DC training for a few months and 531 for a year before that. I was trying to move too quickly between sets, and my reps were dropping way too much from set to set. He said to not worry about moving super fast, rest long enough to try to get the same number of reps. First week I was giving myself 1 minute between sets, this week I'd been doing 1.5-2.. I'll do 2.5-3 the rest of the week and see how that feels. He said as long as I'm not taking 5 minutes between sets that I'm okay.
SAWCE

Training is pretty basic, which I enjoy. Focus on going hard and heavy with basic movements.

Last night for example was:
Pull-ups: 4 sets of 6-10 reps.
Barbell Row (alternate with deadlifts each week): 4 sets of 6-10 reps.
Pulldown: 4 sets of 6-10.
T-bar Row (alternate with cable rows each week): 4 sets of 6-10.
Straight-arm Pulldown: 3 sets of 10-12 reps.

My goal is to hit all 3-4 sets of each exercise at the top of the rep range, and once I can do that, then move the weight up for the next week. Steady, progressive overload.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Looking good dude. Really curious to see how quickly you gain weight. You at 6'2"-ish and 200 pounds, look really similar relative to frame size as me at 5'10" and 180-185.

How did you find your coach? I know I'm going to need some help with programming and diet to get there, but definitely encouraged to see I'm probably not behind where you are to start off with.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

coogles wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm Looking good dude. Really curious to see how quickly you gain weight. You at 6'2"-ish and 200 pounds, look really similar relative to frame size as me at 5'10" and 180-185.

How did you find your coach? I know I'm going to need some help with programming and diet to get there, but definitely encouraged to see I'm probably not behind where you are to start off with.
What are your goals?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:25 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm Looking good dude. Really curious to see how quickly you gain weight. You at 6'2"-ish and 200 pounds, look really similar relative to frame size as me at 5'10" and 180-185.

What are your goals?
I'd like to do one competition. I don't really have an interest in competing regularly, but with all the years I've spent lifting weights it almost seems pointless if I don't get some photos I can look back at when I'm 80 and say "Yep - I looked like that way back when."
Apex

coogles wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:41 pm

What are your goals?
I'd like to do one competition. I don't really have an interest in competing regularly, but with all the years I've spent lifting weights it almost seems pointless if I don't get some photos I can look back at when I'm 80 and say "Yep - I looked like that way back when."
Ahhh, if you wanted to get really fucking strong I'd have a guy for you... No such luck with the :sawce: type coaching doe.
SAWCE

Thanks dude. He's a local guy out here that I've been following on social media for a while. He's coached a few people I know and then just seeing pictures he posts of his athletes at the shows they've done, I figured he'd be a good fit for me. I wanted someone local that I can train with on occasion, but his in person sessions are expensive, so I'll probably only budget for one session a month until we get close to the show then I'll book 1-2 sessions a week to dial things in and get help with posing.
SAWCE

What are your goals?
That's kinda where I'm at too. If I do really well, or just really love the act of competing, I'll stick with it and do 1-2 shows a year. If I hate it, at least I can say I gave it an honest shot and I'll have pictures of me in absolutely shredded shape.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Ahhh, if you wanted to get really fucking strong I'd have a guy for you... No such luck with the :sawce: type coaching doe.
That'll be afterward. I prefer barbell training and I'm generally much more interested in function than form, but a general side effect is looking good and just once I'd like to be able to step on stage and look awesome. :lol:
SAWCE

Week 2.
Weight is up 5.8 lbs to 207.8. I’m guessing a solid chunk of that gain is from my cheat meal still sitting in my gut from last night. Two cheeseburgers and half a thing of fries from Five Guys, plus a buffalo hot dog from some hotdog place down the street. Such a fatty meal, I felt like garbage immediately after eating it. I miss switch my check-ins to Sundays since I’ll be doing my cheat meal every Friday. I asked coach what he wanted me to do with that.

SAWCE

211 this morning :mindblown: I even added in some spinach to some of my meals his week for extra vitamins and fiber to keep things moving. I do think I look a little softer, but the lighting is different in these pics so it’s hard to tell for sure. Had to take the pictures using the light from a lamp since the sun wasn’t fully up when I was getting ready for work.

Side pic won’t upload with tapa for some reason..
SAWCE

Not a scheduled update, but god damn I had a brutal back pump after last night’s workout..

Blurry pic, but that shit was intense.
SAWCE

214.6 this morning.. the weight just keeps coming on. Definitely feeling/looking a little softer, but my strength is going up so I’m adding some muscle too. I was 202lbs on 12/30, so in 20 days I’ve put on ~12.6lbs...

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:56 am 214.6 this morning.. the weight just keeps coming on. Definitely feeling/looking a little softer, but my strength is going up so I’m adding some muscle too. I was 202lbs on 12/30, so in 20 days I’ve put on ~12.6lbs...
:mindblown:

It's taken me 9 years to put on that much weight. What's a typical day for you meal-wise right now?
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:10 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:56 am 214.6 this morning.. the weight just keeps coming on. Definitely feeling/looking a little softer, but my strength is going up so I’m adding some muscle too. I was 202lbs on 12/30, so in 20 days I’ve put on ~12.6lbs...
:mindblown:

It's taken me 9 years to put on that much weight. What's a typical day for you meal-wise right now?
Thanks dude..

Yeah historically I've put on about 8-10lbs a year... I started at 135lbs in 2007ish

Breakfast: 4 eggs, 7oz egg whites, 1/3 cup berries, 1/4 cup cream of rice, 1 scoop whey.
Snack: 60g protein from whey (about 2.4 scoops of the stuff I use), 24g ( :fax: :triggered: ) natural peanut butter
Lunch 1: 8oz ground turkey, 1/2cup almonds, 1 cup rice
Lunch 2: 7oz ground beef (90% lean), 7oz green beans, 1 cup rice, 1tbsp olive oil
Lunch 3: 8oz chicken breast, 1 cup rice
Post Workout: 60g protein from whey, 1/4 cup cream of rice, 1 banana
Dinner: 5oz chicken, 3 eggs.

Comes in around 3500 calories, and approximate macros are 350g protein, 250g carbs, 150g fat. I skip the post workout shake on days where I don't life, and on Friday's I have a cheat meal after my post workout shake instead of the scheduled dinner. Rules for cheat meal are minimum 150g carbs and 40g of protein, unlimited fat (but I learned the first week that lots of fat makes me feel like shit the next day, so I keep it minimal), limit the cheat to 2 hours.

First cheat meal was two cheese burgers and fries from five guys, and a buffalo hotdog from a local hotdog spot,.
Second cheat meal was outback steak house.. loaf and a half of the appetizer bread they bring out, 6oz sirloin steak, baked sweet potato, fries, then half a slice of cheesecake from vons.

Tonight I'm gonna go to IHOP or Denny's and crush a few stacks of pancakes then get like an egg white omelete or something for the protein.
SAWCE

216.6 this morning. Up another 2lbs.

SAWCE

And a chest pump shot from after Sunday’s workout

Not filtered, my phone just has a hard time adjusting to the posing lights in our locker room.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

You need some consistency with lighting/angle on these progressions shots.

:therapist:
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:40 am You need some consistency with lighting/angle on these progressions shots.

Yeah I started doing them on Saturday when I could take them a little later in the morning, then he had me switch to Friday so now they’re done by lamp light instead of sunlight from the window. Michelle has also keen gone twice when I took them so had to set the phone up myself
SAWCE

218.7... 2.1lb increase from last week. Really surprised that my rate hasn’t slowed drastically. Nice though, cause I’m not having to force feed yet like I will later on.

Apex

When are you gonna get big? :hue:
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:53 pm When are you gonna get big? :hue:
I don't think I'll look "big" until I'm over 240.. at this rate I'm gonna get big in 10 weeks.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

It's weird that you don't actually look "big" in the legs/arms without a reference. Your legs look like they could be the same size as mine, but they're probably double in reality.