Sawce's contest prep...

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:35 pm So are we going to apply some fake tan stuff or whatever to get rid of the pasty white boy?
Oh yeah, there will be lots of fake tanner. I'll be a lovely shade of :amir: when I'm up on stage.
SAWCE

Two week update.. last week I got down to 208.8, today I’m 206.2..

SAWCE

Didn't drop any weight last week, so we're pulling half a cup of oats from my breakfast, kicking up my cardio by 15 minutes a day, and I'll pop a second dose of clenbuterol 6 hours after my first one.

I still felt like I looked leaner, and my coach agreed when I showed up for posing practice, so hopefully it was still a tiny amount of fat lost and muscle gained.

Squats kinda sucked on Saturday, lost a few reps compared to last week, but my strength has been maintaining or increasing on everything else. May have just been extra tired from already having done cardio that morning and posing a few hours later. I may try to move my posing practices to Sundays so I can be a little more fresh when I'm training legs on Saturday afternoons.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Back looks good. Do we need some more volume work on the quads/hammies? I mean, no question you are strong AF, but the legs just look strong, not freakshow defined which is the goal of this thing you've gotten into.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:14 pm Back looks good. Do we need some more volume work on the quads/hammies? I mean, no question you are strong AF, but the legs just look strong, not freakshow defined which is the goal of this thing you've gotten into.
Thanks man. Back is definitely my strong point. Legs for sure need more overall mass added. They look a lot more defined when they're actually flexed, but yeah they're small. Unfortunately not a whole lot that can be done to add size at this point since it's time to strip fat off, but they'll be a focus area for me next year and I'll train them twice a week for a few months at a time to help bring them up.
SAWCE

Shot of them flexed from the 10th. I had just finished training chest, so they don’t have a pump here at all. Still learning how to really flex everything at the same time. That’s been the hardest part of my posing practice. I’ll think I’m hitting a great back double bicep shot, and then my coach will tell my my hamstrings aren’t flexed at all and I realize I’m only focusing on my back and biceps. 11 more weeks to get that shit down.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:20 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:14 pm Back looks good. Do we need some more volume work on the quads/hammies? I mean, no question you are strong AF, but the legs just look strong, not freakshow defined which is the goal of this thing you've gotten into.
Thanks man. Back is definitely my strong point. Legs for sure need more overall mass added. They look a lot more defined when they're actually flexed, but yeah they're small. Unfortunately not a whole lot that can be done to add size at this point since it's time to strip fat off, but they'll be a focus area for me next year and I'll train them twice a week for a few months at a time to help bring them up.
Yeah Rome isn't built in a year. Try to enjoy the process and learn what you can.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Still trying to figure out a song for my routine. Our posing so far has just been going through the mandatory poses the judges will call out and the quarter turns where they assess symmetry.

I have a few possibles picked out, but I’m leaning towards this AFI song:

Starts slow, but builds up. I’ll either start it a few seconds in, or around the 1:30 mark right before he starts singing. I get 1 minute and they cut you off right at it and stop your music.
Last edited by SAWCE on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Yeah Rome isn't built in a year. Try to enjoy the process and learn what you can.
Yeah, next year will be a bit more relaxed with the diet and training since this full year was dedicated to this show, but I'll still be trying to grow. I'll consider competing again in 2020, probably this same show, but try to have put on 15-20lbs of lean mass over those two years. Been doing reading on running GH/insulin, but that might be a little too deep for me. We'll see. I probably need to learn to train a bit harder first and spend a few years doing that before I add in more drugs.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Lookin good brother! Damn you've been putting in work.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:32 pm Lookin good brother! Damn you've been putting in work.
Thanks man! It’s been a long year. Exciting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:23 pm Image

Shot of them flexed from the 10th. I had just finished training chest, so they don’t have a pump here at all. Still learning how to really flex everything at the same time. That’s been the hardest part of my posing practice. I’ll think I’m hitting a great back double bicep shot, and then my coach will tell my my hamstrings aren’t flexed at all and I realize I’m only focusing on my back and biceps. 11 more weeks to get that shit down.
:amaze:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Desertbreh wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:23 pm Image

He’s more sculpture than man, now.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:03 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
He’s more sculpture than man, now.

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Two week check in here. Last week my weight was the same as the week before, 206.2, so we made some changes to my program. Added 15 minutes of cardio every day, 45 now instead of 30. Pulled 27g of carbs in the form of half a cup of oats, 193g total now instead of 220g. Added a second 20mcg dose of clenbuterol 4-5 hour after my first dose that I take in the morning before my fasted cardio. Based on those changes, I dropped 5lbs this week down to 201.2. I’m thinking that last Saturday I was probably just holding a bit of water and my weight read heavier than it actually was.

SAWCE

The rest of my macros, for anyone interested, are currently sitting at 320g protein, 193g carbs, 94.5g fat. 2,940 calories total every day.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Looking great bruh. Some really nice progress lately and your hard work is really starting to show.

I'm starting to get the kick again to do just one show. We're in a good routine with the kiddo and it's feeling like I'd be able to dedicate the time needed to feel good about preparing to step on stage.

I'm still a scrawny ass, though. 5'10", ~176lbs when I step on the scales in the morning. The amount of muscle weight I'd need to put on to not look tiny for my class is kind of daunting. I might have asked already, but how did you find your coach?

Here's my starting point.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

:therapist:
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:45 pm Looking great bruh. Some really nice progress lately and your hard work is really starting to show.

I'm starting to get the kick again to do just one show. We're in a good routine with the kiddo and it's feeling like I'd be able to dedicate the time needed to feel good about preparing to step on stage.

I'm still a scrawny ass, though. 5'10", ~176lbs when I step on the scales in the morning. The amount of muscle weight I'd need to put on to not look tiny for my class is kind of daunting. I might have asked already, but how did you find your coach?

Here's my starting point.

Thanks man!

For not being in any sort of prep, you’re pretty lean already, so if you could add some muscle without adding too much extra fat, you’d have an easy time prepping for a show afterwards. What division would you try for? I’d seen him on Instagram and some of the people he’s coached and how well they’ve done. I wanted someone local so that I could train in person with them if I wanted to. Up to this point he just did my diet, workout plan, and supplementation every week, then the last 6 weeks or so I’ve started meeting with him once a week for posing practice to learn how to pose for the show. He included that in his pricing and for a full year of this I only paid $1000. Really not bad at all. In-person session with him are pricey, but he lets you buy packages at a discount. I’m actually training with him for the first time ever tomorrow. During today’s posin practice he had a photographer there who is putting together some promo pictures and a video for him, so for me being in that he’s giving me a free training session and then I’ll get some of the edited shots my myself from today, so that’ll be sick.

If you’re on IG he’s @jasen_kohli if not, and you’re interested in working with him, I can give you his number or email address to contact him and chat and see if he’d be a good fit for you.
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:46 pm Image

:sissyfight:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thanks man!

For not being in any sort of prep, you’re pretty lean already, so if you could add some muscle without adding too much extra fat, you’d have an easy time prepping for a show afterwards. What division would you try for? I’d seen him on Instagram and some of the people he’s coached and how well they’ve done. I wanted someone local so that I could train in person with them if I wanted to. Up to this point he just did my diet, workout plan, and supplementation every week, then the last 6 weeks or so I’ve started meeting with him once a week for posing practice to learn how to pose for the show. He included that in his pricing and for a full year of this I only paid $1000. Really not bad at all. In-person session with him are pricey, but he lets you buy packages at a discount. I’m actually training with him for the first time ever tomorrow. During today’s posin practice he had a photographer there who is putting together some promo pictures and a video for him, so for me being in that he’s giving me a free training session and then I’ll get some of the edited shots my myself from today, so that’ll be sick.

If you’re on IG he’s @jasen_kohli if not, and you’re interested in working with him, I can give you his number or email address to contact him and chat and see if he’d be a good fit for you.
I'd like to do classic physique if I'm going to do it, which means my weight limit would be 197. My legs still dominate my physique (thanks, hockey) so to cover them up with board shorts seems kind of dumb to me, but there's zero chance I get anywhere near 197 while also being lean enough for a competition. I've been as heavy as 188ish or so before, but never while also being as lean as I am now.

I'll look up your dude on Instagram but, like you, I think I'd prefer someone local. How far out are you now?

SAWCE

coogles wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:43 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thanks man!

I'd like to do classic physique if I'm going to do it, which means my weight limit would be 197. My legs still dominate my physique (thanks, hockey) so to cover them up with board shorts seems kind of dumb to me, but there's zero chance I get anywhere near 197 while also being lean enough for a competition. I've been as heavy as 188ish or so before, but never while also being as lean as I am now.

I'll look up your dude on Instagram but, like you, I think I'd prefer someone local. How far out are you now?

Yeah man I’m not gonna be anywhere near my weight limit. At 6’2” my cap is 230, and I’m already down to 201. I’ll probably be 190 or less on stage.
10 weeks out today.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

230?? Hory sheet that's heavy. Another 10 weeks of cutting sounds like it'll suck, but the results will be worth it.

Good luck the rest of the way dude, I'll be :popcorn: to see how the next several weeks go.

SAWCE

If you follow me on IG, you probably already saw this. Last night after training chest. The last flexed gym pic I posted was from the 10th, so 2 weeks difference between that one and this one. Pretty stoked about how quickly I’m changing now.

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:like: