Sawce's contest prep...

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

lagunasecaballs wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:26 pm Rice crispy treats for a preworkout meal. :megusta:
I actually noticed a huge difference having them and that gatorade yesterday lifting. Way more endurance and got a few extra reps on everything.
SAWCE

Obviously not a true comparison, but just for lolz.. here’s about where I started 11-12ish years ago at a whopping 135lbs.. Image

To the best of my recollection that’s a size small shirt, possibly a medium, and it’s just hanging off my arms.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:08 am Coach thinks I've leaned out enough for now, time to start growing again. Pushing the food hard..

Breakfast:
4 eggs, 1 cup oats, 250g egg whites, 2 fit and light greek yogurt cups.

Meal 2:
9oz chicken, 1 cup rice, 1oz nuts.

Meal 3:
9oz turkey, 1 cup rice.

Meal 4:
9oz chicken, 1tbsp olive oil.

Meal 5:
8oz 90% lean beef or steak, 1 cup rice (or two flour tortillas).

Meal 6:
50g of protein from whey, 2tbsp peanut butter.

Pre workout:
2 rice crispy treats.

Intra workout:
20g gatorade powder.

Post workout:
1 banana, 50g protein from whey.
I feel like I eat a lot but this, this is a lot of damn food. Jeebus.
SAWCE

stripethree wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:42 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:08 am Coach thinks I've leaned out enough for now, time to start growing again. Pushing the food hard..

Breakfast:
4 eggs, 1 cup oats, 250g egg whites, 2 fit and light greek yogurt cups.

Meal 2:
9oz chicken, 1 cup rice, 1oz nuts.

Meal 3:
9oz turkey, 1 cup rice.

Meal 4:
9oz chicken, 1tbsp olive oil.

Meal 5:
8oz 90% lean beef or steak, 1 cup rice (or two flour tortillas).

Meal 6:
50g of protein from whey, 2tbsp peanut butter.

Pre workout:
2 rice crispy treats.

Intra workout:
20g gatorade powder.

Post workout:
1 banana, 50g protein from whey.
I feel like I eat a lot but this, this is a lot of damn food. Jeebus.
Yeah.. and people think it sounds cool when you say you're bulking and gonna be stuffing your face, but then you/they realize what that volume of food looks like when you're actually doing it right and keeping it lean.. It's not fun. By the end of the day, I'd rather get crushed under a heavy squat bar than sit down and eat my last meal.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Yup, For example, my dinner last night was taco salad bowls. I ate just under a pound of ground turkey, half an onion, a bell pepper, prob 6 oz of cheese, 6 oz of pico (that fucking delicious fresh mango pico from the HEB :drool:) and prob 6 oz of white corn chips. If I ate like that multiple times a day I would feel like a bag of shit.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:07 pm Obviously not a true comparison, but just for lolz.. here’s about where I started 11-12ish years ago at a whopping 135lbs.. Image

To the best of my recollection that’s a size small shirt, possibly a medium, and it’s just hanging off my arms.
Wow. Very impressive Dude.

You were fit then too though.
SAWCE

Prep for the show officially starts tomorrow at 16 weeks out. Currently sitting at 220lbs. I expect to drop about 20lbs for the show, hopefully manage to build a few more pounds in that time frame too, and be around 200lbs for weigh ins. I’ll be small for my class, weight limit, depending on how tall they measure me at will be 230 or 237lbs. Gonna rely on just getting into insane conditioning to still place well since I know I’ll be outsized.

Here’s my starting point:

I’ll probably update this every other week or so.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:10 pm Prep for the show officially starts tomorrow at 16 weeks out. Currently sitting at 220lbs. I expect to drop about 20lbs for the show, hopefully manage to build a few more pounds in that time frame too, and be around 200lbs for weigh ins. I’ll be small for my class, weight limit, depending on how tall they measure me at will be 230 or 237lbs. Gonna rely on just getting into insane conditioning to still place well since I know I’ll be outsized.

Lookin good. Does dropping weight involve increased cardio or is it all diet?
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:26 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:10 pm Prep for the show officially starts tomorrow at 16 weeks out. Currently sitting at 220lbs. I expect to drop about 20lbs for the show, hopefully manage to build a few more pounds in that time frame too, and be around 200lbs for weigh ins. I’ll be small for my class, weight limit, depending on how tall they measure me at will be 230 or 237lbs. Gonna rely on just getting into insane conditioning to still place well since I know I’ll be outsized.

Lookin good. Does dropping weight involve increased cardio or is it all diet?
Thanks man. I'm doing both. We cut my calories this week, and now I'm doing 30 minutes of cardio every single morning as soon as I wake up. I'll update every week with what changes in my diet or my cardio regime. Right now the cardio is simple, 30 minutes on the treadmill walking at an incline with a goal of keeping my heartrate between 120 and 140 bpm.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Interesting, why such a low heart rate?
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:36 am Interesting, why such a low heart rate?
Higher heart rates for sustained periods have been shown to start tapping into muscle mass for energy rather than fat stores.

We may incorporate sprints at some point, but they'll be short 30 second bursts, then a minute or two of walking in between them to bring my heart rate back down.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:44 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:36 am Interesting, why such a low heart rate?
Higher heart rates for sustained periods have been shown to start tapping into muscle mass for energy rather than fat stores.

We may incorporate sprints at some point, but they'll be short 30 second bursts, then a minute or two of walking in between them to bring my heart rate back down.
:themoreyouknow:

I've been working out at more like 150-180 bpm for ~20 minutes/day on the days I'm not too lazy to do it. Staying under 140 would be tough at my shitty fitness level.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:53 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:44 am

:themoreyouknow:

I've been working out at more like 150-180 bpm for ~20 minutes/day on the days I'm not too lazy to do it. Staying under 140 would be tough at my shitty fitness level.
For only 20 minutes, that's probably not a bad range. I imagine mine gets up there during some of my heavier/more intense sets at the gym. I may buy a heart rate monitor to track that while I'm lifting or after I'm done.
troyguitar

I'm out of shape, but I'll easily hit 200 within 5 minutes of body-weight stuff (that's all I really do anymore, no lifting or running) if I don't take breaks. The monitor is really useful for me, I watch the HR and wait for it to go back below 160 before starting each set.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:12 pm I'm out of shape, but I'll easily hit 200 within 5 minutes of body-weight stuff (that's all I really do anymore, no lifting or running) if I don't take breaks. The monitor is really useful for me, I watch the HR and wait for it to go back below 160 before starting each set.
:notbad:
troyguitar

If I don't use the monitor I always end up pushing too hard and feeling like I'm going to die, then quitting early as a result. :fullretard:

I did the same for running back when I ran, adjust pace until HR is in target zone, otherwise I'd end up dead halfway through and have to walk.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:24 pm If I don't use the monitor I always end up pushing too hard and feeling like I'm going to die, then quitting early as a result. :fullretard:

I did the same for running back when I ran, adjust pace until HR is in target zone, otherwise I'd end up dead halfway through and have to walk.
I had that problem back in the day when I used to run. I had no way of pacing myself and would gas out way too quick.
SAWCE

It'd be cool if you had a way of calculating your VO2 with your heartrate and figuring out exactly how many calories you're burning.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

How much you down this week?
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:49 am How much you down this week?
Haven't hopped on the scale since Saturday, but I will this Saturday morning. I'm definitely feeling lighter and just better overall. Stuffing all of those calories in day after day just wears you down. Cardio is getting easier and the 30 minutes is starting to go by faster. Haven't noticed a drop in strength yet, which is good, becuase that's always a mental fuck.
SAWCE

Down another 2lbs from last week. 212.4 this morning. Strength is still feeling good, which is nice to see after dropping 7.5lbs in two weeks.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Nice man, definitely a noticeable difference in the abs and back definition with that 7.5 dropped!
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:40 pm Nice man, definitely a noticeable difference in the abs and back definition with that 7.5 dropped!
Thanks man! I went for my first posing session with my coach and he was saying I’m even leaner in person than I look in pictures, so I should be nice and ready 3-4 weeks out and then just coast into the show. I’d love to have put on some more muscle, but there’s nothing I can do about that at this point and I’m just gonna get as shredded as I possibly can.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Lookin good buddy!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So are we going to apply some fake tan stuff or whatever to get rid of the pasty white boy?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.