Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

3rdgenfan wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:24 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:21 pm

Remove the reflectors, invest in some rechargeable LED lights that strobe.

I run these at all times when I ride the road: https://cygolite.com/product/dice-150-d ... usb-combo/

I had them ditch the front and rear reflectors when I bought it. Replaced with Ion 200 RT/Flare RT lights. Bright as shit. The only reflectors left are on the wheels. :like: :like:
Let us know how that Flare light holds up after some use. I've heard great things about them. My Cygolite hot rod unfortunately shit the bed after like 3 weeks of use. Battery dies in about 30 mins of use, it's always dead off when I get home which is scary as shit when I'm riding home through the city and it's dark. I've been using a simple, dull, replaceable battery one and it's ok but not very bright. Would like to replace it with something brighter but reliable.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:35 pm
3rdgenfan wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:24 pm

I had them ditch the front and rear reflectors when I bought it. Replaced with Ion 200 RT/Flare RT lights. Bright as shit. The only reflectors left are on the wheels. :like: :like:
Let us know how that Flare light holds up after some use. I've heard great things about them. My Cygolite hot rod unfortunately shit the bed after like 3 weeks of use. Battery dies in about 30 mins of use, it's always dead off when I get home which is scary as shit when I'm riding home through the city and it's dark. I've been using a simple, dull, replaceable battery one and it's ok but not very bright. Would like to replace it with something brighter but reliable.
:ohdang:

My wife got me a fairly inexpensive little flashing red tail light LED that works pretty nicely and lasts many rides, I'll try to see what it is.

That one you sent me, while the battery is huge, works really well also, going strong.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:35 pm

:ohdang:

My wife got me a fairly inexpensive little flashing red tail light LED that works pretty nicely and lasts many rides, I'll try to see what it is.

That one you sent me, while the battery is huge, works really well also, going strong.
Yeah that headlight is a champ and will probably work forever, lol. You might be able to use a slimmer lithium ion battery if you get creative with chopping and soldering some connectors.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Just picked up a vintage schwinn for the wife. Needs tires and general lube / clean / love.
brain go brrrrrr
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:28 pm My Cygolite dice lights last 6+ hours - and I know other riders with the hot rod lights.

You might’ve gotten a dud. Contact Cygolite.

Also, ditch the wheel reflectors, @thirdgenfan
I was thinking about doing such a thing. Thank you for informing me my mind was correct. :P
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:28 pm My Cygolite dice lights last 6+ hours - and I know other riders with the hot rod lights.

I think I already threw it out and guarantee I don't have the receipt for it. :ohwell:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:

I think I already threw it out and guarantee I don't have the receipt for it. :ohwell:
When you buy online instead of local, you always have the receipt. :trollface:

Anyone have an opinion on this FTP test? Zwift is suggesting doing it after the workout today while most other sources say to be rested before doing them.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:01 am Just picked up a vintage schwinn for the wife. Needs tires and general lube / clean / love.
:scrooge:

In4pics.

My buddy Maxx who has posted here a few times recently bought a Schwinn around the vintage of my Raleigh and it is seriously 2X the weight. Raleigh :is :fuckyeah:
troyguitar

My Schwinn was almost 40 lbs. :fatty:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

troyguitar wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:20 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
When you buy online instead of local, you always have the receipt. :trollface:

Anyone have an opinion on this FTP test? Zwift is suggesting doing it after the workout today while most other sources say to be rested before doing them.
I've never done one on Zwift.

I'd say just ride it the way you'd normally do a ride. It'd be accurate/real world.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:33 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:01 am Just picked up a vintage schwinn for the wife. Needs tires and general lube / clean / love.

In4pics.

My buddy Maxx who has posted here a few times recently bought a Schwinn around the vintage of my Raleigh and it is seriously 2X the weight. Raleigh :is :fuckyeah:
http://imgur.com/a/lZYvqS3

hopefully getting tires and tubes tomorrow from a local place. I have all but one cable un stuck.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:17 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:33 pm

In4pics.

http://imgur.com/a/lZYvqS3

hopefully getting tires and tubes tomorrow from a local place. I have all but one cable un stuck.
Love that color.
troyguitar

fledonfoot wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:45 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:20 pm When you buy online instead of local, you always have the receipt. :trollface:

I'd say just ride it the way you'd normally do a ride. It'd be accurate/real world.
Well Zwift gave me my answer, both the workout and the test showed up as available today but then after I finished the workout it locked out the test until tomorrow... apparently I'm waiting until tomorrow. :csb:

I've already learned a few things from having this much data and structure available - primarily that I push way too fucking hard and pedal way too slowly.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:20 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Well Zwift gave me my answer, both the workout and the test showed up as available today but then after I finished the workout it locked out the test until tomorrow... apparently I'm waiting until tomorrow. :csb:

I've already learned a few things from having this much data and structure available - primarily that I push way too fucking hard and pedal way too slowly.
You generally want 80-90 rpm ish. Hills likely lower RPM as you run out of gear. Sprints likely start out lower RPM so you can really crank up the power. Like shift a few gears harder and then give it the beans in an explosive effort.
troyguitar

Yeah if I just rode how I think I would in real life I was at like 65 rpm. Getting up to 80+ my instinct is to shift up. With the data in my face I can keep it around 90 instead and shift to hit the target power during the workouts.
troyguitar

This is a quick ramp test, shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. I'm hoping to get 3 digits.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Went for a ride with one of my friends post work, noticed in the neighborhoods it felt like I had a rock stuck to my back tire and after stopping for some water I noticed a weird blister showing up, limped the bike home and it was flat about 20 seconds after getting to my driveway.

Weird.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

3rdgenfan wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:59 pm Went for a ride with one of my friends post work, noticed in the neighborhoods it felt like I had a rock stuck to my back tire and after stopping for some water I noticed a weird blister showing up, limped the bike home and it was flat about 20 seconds after getting to my driveway.

Weird.
Dang man, you’re having some serious :mahtroy: luck.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:54 pm Also, high cadence is your friend. You’re gonna blow your knees out mashing at 65 RPM son.

My average is around 85 RPM for most rides.
Paging Dr. Apex... Dr. Diesel.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:06 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:54 pm Also, high cadence is your friend. You’re gonna blow your knees out mashing at 65 RPM son.

My average is around 85 RPM for most rides.
Paging Dr. Apex... Dr. Diesel.
:dat:
Diesel powah!
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:38 pm
3rdgenfan wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:59 pm Went for a ride with one of my friends post work, noticed in the neighborhoods it felt like I had a rock stuck to my back tire and after stopping for some water I noticed a weird blister showing up, limped the bike home and it was flat about 20 seconds after getting to my driveway.

Weird.
Yeah tell me about it, don't recall running over anything or picking something up.

My mountain bike has had the same tubes and tires since I got it 18 years ago.........the Trek has 110 miles on it and things go crazy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

3rdgenfan wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:38 pm

Yeah tell me about it, don't recall running over anything or picking something up.

My mountain bike has had the same tubes and tires since I got it 18 years ago.........the Trek has 110 miles on it and things go crazy.
That is serious :alpo: luck. Mine are normally about a one year life.
Johnny_P

Weird.
:shock: I don't think I've ever seen a bubbled / blistered road tire. That's rare. Man that freaking blows. IIRC most bike companies have a 1 year warranty for parts on a new bike, maybe the tire is covered? If it blistered its got to be a manufacturing defect.

Holy shit. What tires are those?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Is this RPM count y'all are talking about just based on using the virtual thingies? I have no clue where I'm at.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:44 am Is this RPM count y'all are talking about just based on using the virtual thingies? I have no clue where I'm at.
I had a cycle computer on my bike for years. It had a cadence sensor (magnet on the crank and a sensor on the frame) that told me my pedal RPM. After a while you get to know what 80-90 feels like. I don't have a computer on my bike now, the one I had broke and I never replaced it because I don't really care.

You can probably find youtube videos that would show you what that type of cadence looks like.