Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:21 pm A few shots from Sunday.

Fierce, bro, fierce!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Philly brethren: Come play bikes tomorrow at White Clay.

Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:43 pm Shit, this reminds me I need to swap my tires.
Snow tires on the MTB? :notsure:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:05 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:43 pm Shit, this reminds me I need to swap my tires.
Snow tires on the MTB? :notsure:
:dat: Swapping out the nun-slayers.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Hey :wasteful: Does the schuylkill river trail link up to wiss or is it a doable ride?

If so I might be able to ride wiss a lot this season.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:03 pm Hey :wasteful: Does the schuylkill river trail link up to wiss or is it a doable ride?

From where on the SRT? It links just outside Manayunk. Trailhead is near the Wissahickon Transportation Center bus depot. The SRT is technically on the south side, the Wiss paved path is on the north, labeled as "Wissahickon Bike Trail" on Google maps. Takes you to Forbidden Drive (no cars gravel road), the trails branch off that.

Its also rather easy to access the Wiss from the Manayunk Towpath if you're willing to endure a gut wrenching climb over the hill, lol. But either way you'll be climbing because Forbidden is at the bottom, the trails run along the ridges of the valley.

If you're driving there I can give a few recs on places to park.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:03 pm Hey :wasteful: Does the schuylkill river trail link up to wiss or is it a doable ride?

From where on the SRT? It links just outside Manayunk. Trailhead is near the Wissahickon Transportation Center bus depot. The SRT is technically on the south side, the Wiss paved path is on the north, labeled as "Wissahickon Bike Trail" on Google maps. Takes you to Forbidden Drive (no cars gravel road), the trails branch off that.

Its also rather easy to access the Wiss from the Manayunk Towpath if you're willing to endure a gut wrenching climb over the hill, lol. But either way you'll be climbing because Forbidden is at the bottom, the trails run along the ridges of the valley.

My gf lives right off the SRT in conshy by Riverbend Cycles. If I left my bike at her place I'm thinking it might be an easy ride down the trail to wiss.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:12 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 pm

My gf lives right off the SRT in conshy by Riverbend Cycles. If I left my bike at her place I'm thinking it might be an easy ride down the trail to wiss.
6 miles on the paved trail to the trailhead. Not a killer ride, but something to at least consider. Because its 6 miles back when you're whipped. Flat doe. Mostly paved. Easy riding.

I'd actually recommend you climb up Shawmont, which is a steep climb but a decent-ish shoulder and is labeled for bikes (ride at your own risk people are insane), follow that over the hill and onto Wises Mill. Right after you cross Henry Ave about 200' in the trail is right there crosses the road. "Yellow Trail" on google maps. That would reduce you to like 4 miles to the trail.

Both are rideable. I ride about 6 to get to Belmont, 10 to get to the Wiss. But would be a lot easier to throw the bike in the car and drive to a parking area.

I'd be glad to ride the Wiss with you if you want.
Johnny_P

Also glad to start riding after work if anyjuan wants to meat up for a Belmont or Wiss rip. I'll ride at any pace, I don't care I just want to play bikes with friends.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:19 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:12 pm

6 miles on the paved trail to the trailhead. Not a killer ride, but something to at least consider. Because its 6 miles back when you're whipped. Flat doe. Mostly paved. Easy riding.

I'd actually recommend you climb up Shawmont, which is a steep climb but a decent-ish shoulder and is labeled for bikes (ride at your own risk people are insane), follow that over the hill and onto Wises Mill. Right after you cross Henry Ave about 200' in the trail is right there crosses the road. "Yellow Trail" on google maps. That would reduce you to like 4 miles to the trail.

Both are rideable. I ride about 6 to get to Belmont, 10 to get to the Wiss. But would be a lot easier to throw the bike in the car and drive to a parking area.

Just looked at Shawmont Ave. :nope: I'll probably be avoiding riding on the road as much as possible as I have 0 experience doing so. I'll take the extra 4 miles of paved trail.

Eventually I gotta pick up a lock, get the rack on the car, and then get the bike down there.

How far is belmont? That looks like it's more of a drive. It's Fairmount park right?
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:45 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:19 pm

Just looked at Shawmont Ave. :nope: I'll probably be avoiding riding on the road as much as possible as I have 0 experience doing so. I'll take the extra 4 miles of paved trail.

Eventually I gotta pick up a lock, get the rack on the car, and then get the bike down there.

How far is belmont? That looks like it's more of a drive. It's Fairmount park right?
Yeah between Wynnefield Heights and 76. Another mile or two. Very technical riding but there are easier trails than others back there. I recommend foot retention for those trails.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Bike Park Wales day pass and 2 Trek Remedy rentals are booked.

6/28 can’t come soon enough.
Apex

2.4/2.25 Ardents mounted up now. Interested to see how different they are compared to the Nobby Nics I had.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

New Cosmic Stallion at my LBS. :drool:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:54 pm New Cosmic Stallion at my LBS. :drool:
I like that a LOT more than the black/yellow of the last gen. But last one had hydro brakes.

I love my All City. It would be better with thru axles and less weight, which this has. I'd probably buy it as a frameset and build it up Sram 1x XD hydro with 650b wheels, fat ass tires, and an underdriven low gear.
Johnny_P

I got out twice this week. Tuesday 25 miles, Thursday 20 ish miles, on the crosser. Paved to gravel to singletrack to paved.

In the dry you can REALLY throw this bike around. Especially if your tires are at like 25 PSI. So much grip, and it just rails the turns. I'm learning how to be fast off road on a drop bar bike, and I think the key is to have your hands in the drop position, get low, and keep your elbows bent. Throw your weight around to help it through turns and power on to straighten it out. It's a little rocket.

I'm also getting halfway decent at log overs with drop bars. Which adds a whole new element of wtf to logs, lol.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:50 am
Johnny_P wrote:
I like that a LOT more than the black/yellow of the last gen. But last one had hydro brakes.

I love my All City. It would be better with thru axles and less weight, which this has. I'd probably buy it as a frameset and build it up Sram 1x XD hydro with 650b wheels, fat ass tires, and an underdriven low gear.
I liked the black and gold. :iono:

I will say, though - thru axles on a road/gravel bike with discs is mind blowing. Literal point and carve steering.
Yeah especially on the front.

Discs. I should get some better calipers for the cross bike. TRP Spyre or HY/RD...

It would be rad if Sram came out with Eagle for road bikes. 10-50t rear and a 44t front heyoooo.
Johnny_P

For anyone cycling in Philly.... you're warned..... Spruce and Pine streets, the city's East/West cycling greenway, are FUKT BEYOND RECOGNITION. Do NOT ride without fat tires.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:01 pm For anyone cycling in Philly.... you're warned..... Spruce and Pine streets, the city's East/West cycling greenway, are FUKT BEYOND RECOGNITION. Do NOT ride without fat tires.
:nuke:

I need to get down there for some Wiss action.
Apparently Spruce and Pine will be repaved this year with better bike lane protection :yeahok: :idbu: on the protection bit as those church people gotta park somewhere, and that somewhere is the bike lane.

Yas we need a Wiss meatup.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Man that's hot. I like the goldish chain against the black and purple.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:46 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:29 pm Man that's hot. I like the goldish chain against the black and purple.
Kinda makes me think I should've gone with gold Blacklist logos on the frame and gold logos on the wheels, but I like the subtlety of the bike in general.

It really doesn't stand out until you start looking at it, or unless you catch it in the right light that makes the purple pop.
Pretty perfect as is, IMO.
Johnny_P

Those pictures are :megusta:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:24 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:41 am Those pictures are :megusta:
Danke!

So, looks like weekly bicycle events start up this week all over the place.

B+ rides up here from Cranbury on Tuesdays @ 6PM, and Belmont MTB races in Philly at 6PM on Thursdays.

:fuckyeah:
Deets on Cranbury?

I wonder when pizza ride will start up... They're a little late this year. I'm gonna miss the first Belmont race as I have a meet & greet with a photographer Thursday. But I heard they will have stickers if you show up :notbad:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:58 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:24 am

Danke!

So, looks like weekly bicycle events start up this week all over the place.

B+ rides up here from Cranbury on Tuesdays @ 6PM, and Belmont MTB races in Philly at 6PM on Thursdays.

:fuckyeah:
Deets on Cranbury?

I wonder when pizza ride will start up... They're a little late this year. I'm gonna miss the first Belmont race as I have a meet & greet with a photographer Thursday. But I heard they will have stickers if you show up :notbad:
Couldn't you do that on the ride with Zillhuge? :notsure:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:58 am Deets on Cranbury?

Couldn't you do that on the ride with Zillhuge? :notsure:
:dat:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk