Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Still gotta figure out all of the settings and calibration but I did finally hook all of my shit up and do the intro ride on zwift. I am going to need a fan and a water bottle for this shit. :sweaty:

Also, apparently my bike is way less efficient than whatever zwift assumes. 88 W ride at 15.6 mph? I had to do 125 W according to Strava in the real world to achieve that speed... then again I don't have a power meter so I don't know how the Strava power data is calculated. :whocares:

74 degrees and dry with no cars is certainly a nice riding environment. I don't know if I'll bother riding outside even when Spring starts.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

3rdgenfan wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:19 am Image

70-75 miles on the bike.

It's nice. Few things have happened since getting it which possibly just need to be re-adjusted. Crank stripped out on the first ride and they replaced it while I waited and apparently adjusted some things but didn't notice until the ride (after they closed) that it wasn't doing before; there are now creaks when trying to pedal with some force which is highly annoying, and if you're in the larger cog (which I normally am...gotta get these quads bulky son) and in any gear other than dead center of the rear cassette it sounds like its riding the front derailleur and will often have trouble getting into the final/fastest gear.

Had a good ride in the cold on Saturday but caught a rouge plastic bag that wrapped around the rear wheel/brake setup and left me with only front brakes so I had to call it quits on that ride after 18 miles since I couldn't get it figured out on the side of the road. Turns out after I removed the bag there was a small balled of piece of it preventing the rear pads from squeezing together in the caliper...frustrating.
That’s annoying on the gearing tweaks. Should be a quick fix if you can get it back to them. Front derailleurs can be a bitch to adjust correctly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:31 pm
3rdgenfan wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:19 am Image

70-75 miles on the bike.

It's nice. Few things have happened since getting it which possibly just need to be re-adjusted. Crank stripped out on the first ride and they replaced it while I waited and apparently adjusted some things but didn't notice until the ride (after they closed) that it wasn't doing before; there are now creaks when trying to pedal with some force which is highly annoying, and if you're in the larger cog (which I normally am...gotta get these quads bulky son) and in any gear other than dead center of the rear cassette it sounds like its riding the front derailleur and will often have trouble getting into the final/fastest gear.

Had a good ride in the cold on Saturday but caught a rouge plastic bag that wrapped around the rear wheel/brake setup and left me with only front brakes so I had to call it quits on that ride after 18 miles since I couldn't get it figured out on the side of the road. Turns out after I removed the bag there was a small balled of piece of it preventing the rear pads from squeezing together in the caliper...frustrating.
That’s annoying on the gearing tweaks. Should be a quick fix if you can get it back to them. Front derailleurs can be a bitch to adjust correctly.
:hai:

My front shifting still doesn’t work on the Raleigh, haven’t even bothered. Dat six speed life.
troyguitar

Watopia > NY

I'm still slow there :doe:

Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:45 am

My front shifting still doesn’t work on the Raleigh, haven’t even bothered. Dat six speed life.
I’d be happy to FaceTime with you to try and fix that.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

Normally I'd agree with you, but that Trek pricetag coming from cheap BMX and mountain bikes growing up has me wishing this thing would propel itself. :lol:
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:58 am Any shifting issues should be covered by a complimentary first tune-up by the shop you bought it from. Cable stretch happens on a new bike.

Bottom bracket tick would also be covered, and may just be a case of mating surfaces needing more lube.
I just need to reach out to them, that's all. The rotational "tick, tick, tick" of the front reflector and other noises while I'm trying to get back the speed and stamina I had when I was 15 just sent my mind all over the place lol.

Did 21 miles yesterday, my jersey/bibshorts arrived yesterday after the ride as well. May have to take a light ride with ya one of these days. The "large" 1 liter bag isn't quite as big as I was hoping but it'll be sufficient.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:06 am

I’d be happy to FaceTime with you to try and fix that.
Thanks, :bruh:

I'll probably take you up on it, just have minimal time now due to the stupid :tits: arms, so I'd rather ride it than worry about it. I don't really need higher gears all that much, I don't mind coasting down larger hills.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

3rdgenfan wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:33 am

Normally I'd agree with you, but that Trek pricetag coming from cheap BMX and mountain bikes growing up has me wishing this thing would propel itself. :lol:
Oh yeah, I agree. New bike, get it right on their dime/time.
troyguitar

How long does it take for your ass to not hurt every day from sitting on these damn seats? I did all of 26 minutes last night and my ass still hurts.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:39 am How long does it take for your ass to not hurt every day from sitting on these damn seats? I did all of 26 minutes last night and my ass still hurts.
Try getting a diaper? https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

I also just have a geriatric :wap: seat on my road bike (see previous page for pics). It's heavy and therefor "slow" but :whocares: . One thing I am definitely enjoying is being as fast as the spandex bros in basketball shorts on my 36 year old bike.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:39 am How long does it take for your ass to not hurt every day from sitting on these damn seats? I did all of 26 minutes last night and my ass still hurts.
For me at the start of the season it’s usually about 3-4 long multi hour rides.

There have been some bikes that I never got comfortable on because the saddle didn’t work with my 🍑.

Just like car seats, bike saddles come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I don’t really know where to tell you to start as they’re all so different. What works for one person might be horrible for another. Generally the less flexible you are the more curved your saddle shape should be.

I’ve been pretty happy with my stock All City Gonzo saddle. In the past I have been happy on WTB rocket saddles and Selle Italia Flites.

Padded shorts should help immensely. I prefer the padded shorts to gel pads on the saddle which just give you more saddle sores.

I’d see if it gets better after about 5-10 rides and/or with padded shorts. If not maybe look into a different saddle.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:53 am

There have been some bikes that I never got comfortable on because the saddle didn’t work with my 🍑.

Just like car seats, bike saddles come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I don’t really know where to tell you to start as they’re all so different. What works for one person might be horrible for another. Generally the less flexible you are the more curved your saddle shape should be.

I’ve been pretty happy with my stock All City Gonzo saddle. In the past I have been happy on WTB rocket saddles and Selle Italia Flites.

Padded shorts should help immensely. I prefer the padded shorts to gel pads on the saddle which just give you more saddle sores.

I’d see if it gets better after about 5-10 rides and/or with padded shorts. If not maybe look into a different saddle.
I got the WTB on [user not found]'s rec for my mountain bike and it has been great for me. Definitely benefit from the padded shorts as well though, especially on very rooted trails where it's going up my :knot: constantly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I got the WTB on [user not found]'s rec for my mountain bike and it has been great for me. Definitely benefit from the padded shorts as well though, especially on very rooted trails where it's going up my :knot: constantly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Triple :knot: post. :impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:16 am Triple :knot: post. :impressive:
:bow:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Trying to hit 20K posts during quarantine I guess :lolol:
Apex

D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:22 am Trying to hit 20K posts during quarantine I guess :lolol:
:lolol:
That’s one way to :doit:
Johnny_P

:impressive:
Johnny_P

Johnny_P

Apex

:notsure:
troyguitar

Finally found the calibration menu and some other settings, then did the first little workout thing. Even at only 65 watts my heart rate continues to climb up to at least 160 bpm. Apparently this is what being out of shape feels like. Looks like it wants me to do a harder workout tomorrow and then the FTP test on the same day.

Aren't you supposed to be rested before the FTP test?
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:21 pm
3rdgenfan wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:01 am

I just need to reach out to them, that's all. The rotational "tick, tick, tick" of the front reflector and other noises while I'm trying to get back the speed and stamina I had when I was 15 just sent my mind all over the place lol.

Did 21 miles yesterday, my jersey/bibshorts arrived yesterday after the ride as well. May have to take a light ride with ya one of these days. The "large" 1 liter bag isn't quite as big as I was hoping but it'll be sufficient.
Remove the reflectors, invest in some rechargeable LED lights that strobe.

I run these at all times when I ride the road: https://cygolite.com/product/dice-150-d ... usb-combo/

I had them ditch the front and rear reflectors when I bought it. Replaced with Ion 200 RT/Flare RT lights. Bright as shit. The only reflectors left are on the wheels. :like: :like: