Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote:Gberg, did you take next Tuesday off yet? Weather looks good so far.
Just did. Hopefully the weather stays good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:17 am Looks like today is a bust on all fronts. :rage:

Can't ride the bikes and I'm not gonna take the R53 out in the rain. :flaccid:
Shoulda bought a WRX :disappoint:

lol

Go mudding in the truck :megusta:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:20 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:17 am Looks like today is a bust on all fronts. :rage:

Can't ride the bikes and I'm not gonna take the R53 out in the rain. :flaccid:

lol

:fuckyeah:

Tail lights doe :notsure:
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 am
Apex wrote:Gberg, did you take next Tuesday off yet? Weather looks good so far.
Just did. Hopefully the weather stays good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
:megusta:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:23 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:20 am

lol

Remove them before mudding and then easy hose out? :fuckyeah:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:32 am
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:23 am

Remove them before mudding and then easy hose out? :fuckyeah:
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Holy hell. Rode 20.5 miles tonight. First night that I've been back on the bike that I felt solid enough to push it. I'm DRAINED but in all the best ways possible.

That fucking Trance. Just wow. I set a bunch of PR's tonight, and I felt like I was ripping but with less effort since I'm still an out of shape fatass. It handles everything brilliantly. I absolutely love that bike and sincerely hope my dad never asks for it back.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:59 pm Holy hell. Rode 20.5 miles tonight. First night that I've been back on the bike that I felt solid enough to push it. I'm DRAINED but in all the best ways possible.

That fucking Trance. Just wow. I set a bunch of PR's tonight, and I felt like I was ripping but with less effort since I'm still an out of shape fatass. It handles everything brilliantly. I absolutely love that bike and sincerely hope my dad never asks for it back.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:59 pm Holy hell. Rode 20.5 miles tonight. First night that I've been back on the bike that I felt solid enough to push it. I'm DRAINED but in all the best ways possible.

...hope dad never asks for it back?

I thought it was yours?

In other news: :fuckyeah:

Awesome, dude.
Oh, did I not mention?

I have a 2010 Trance X2. 26er...solid bike.

I put smooth tires on it to derp around town after selling my road bike and was talking to my dad about finding a new set of rims for MTB tires (which is kind of tough for 26ers it turns out). Instead, he offered to loan me his :waxer: Trance...

A few years ago, he bought this 2015(?) Giant Trance X1 on eBay...some insane deal from a guy that never rode it. 27.5 Carbon rims, Rockshox fancy fork, SLX brakes, etc, etc. He bought it as a spare bike to ship out west to leave at my sister's when he visits. Well, my sister can't get a job that pays anything, so she's living the apt life with no space for a bike she can't ride. My dad has some :waxer: Santa Cruz Blur CF 26er that's getting on in age, and wanted to upgrade...so he rode the Trance for about 6 mos before he decided to go full :waxer: on this crazy Pivot build (has to be north of $7k), and the Trance was just sitting in his garage.

Now I get to ride it in exchange for storage and agreeing to go biking with him at least 1x a week. He said he'll ask for it back to ship it out west if my sister ever buys a house. I don't think I have much to worry about, but the bike is so fantastic...I really hope not now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Yea, we'll see. I'm too :scrooge: to go :fullretard: on a bike doe.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Oh, did I not mention?

I have a 2010 Trance X2. 26er...solid bike.

I put smooth tires on it to derp around town after selling my road bike and was talking to my dad about finding a new set of rims for MTB tires (which is kind of tough for 26ers it turns out). Instead, he offered to loan me his :waxer: Trance...

A few years ago, he bought this 2015(?) Giant Trance X1 on eBay...some insane deal from a guy that never rode it. 27.5 Carbon rims, Rockshox fancy fork, SLX brakes, etc, etc. He bought it as a spare bike to ship out west to leave at my sister's when he visits. Well, my sister can't get a job that pays anything, so she's living the apt life with no space for a bike she can't ride. My dad has some :waxer: Santa Cruz Blur CF 26er that's getting on in age, and wanted to upgrade...so he rode the Trance for about 6 mos before he decided to go full :waxer: on this crazy Pivot build (has to be north of $7k), and the Trance was just sitting in his garage.

Now I get to ride it in exchange for storage and agreeing to go biking with him at least 1x a week. He said he'll ask for it back to ship it out west if my sister ever buys a house. I don't think I have much to worry about, but the bike is so fantastic...I really hope not now.
So bide your time and go :fullretard: on a bike of your own when that day comes. In the meantime... shred away with pops.
:dat:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 pm Yea, we'll see. I'm too :scrooge: to go :fullretard: on a bike doe.
Man if you lived around the blessed lands I'd have you in a blue ZR2 with a new Giant in the bed in no time.
:dillerman:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 pm Yea, we'll see. I'm too :scrooge: to go :fullretard: on a bike doe.
Man if you lived around the blessed lands I'd have you in a blue ZR2 with a new Giant in the bed in no time.
:lolgasm: :yeahok:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:16 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 pm

And I don't even :dillerman: for Chebby.
:impressive:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:16 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 pm

And I don't even :dillerman: for Chebby.
:impressive:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:30 pm I just realized, I'm gonna have to update my location to Armpit of 'Murika.
Embrace it breh.
Apex

[user not found], when are you starting your own bike shop? Repp Cycles. :iono:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:50 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:35 pm [user not found], when are you starting your own bike shop? Repp Cycles. :iono:
:lolol:

There's less money in the bike sales industry than there is in the car sales industry.

If I ever hit the lottery I'd love to just lay low, pretend to be a :derp: , and work at a bike shop, doe.
Wouldn't be a bad life doing dat. Knowing you had fat :waxer: stacks to live off of, doing something you'd enjoy.
Johnny_P

Yaaaaaaaas

:jelly:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Yaaaaaaaas

You really should find a way to ride a Trance. But not in the city on some :derp: test ride, full blast on a trail. That's really where it shines, IMO.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:22 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Yaaaaaaaas

You really should find a way to ride a Trance. But not in the city on some :derp: test ride, full blast on a trail. That's really where it shines, IMO.
Impossibru.
1) Nobody stocks bikes, especially a long travel AM/Enduro rig like the Trance. If they stock anything it'll be an Anthem.
2) No chance I'll get a trail ride unless there's a demo bike, see problem 1.
3) No demo days come around this area, they're all on the west coast / Colorado / Utah.

I rode a Santa Cruz 5010 on a trail once. Holy God that thing was :mindblown: fun. 27.5 wheels, 130 mm travel, super playful and jumpy, rode like a couch, pedaled decently well. That thing just wanted to be airborne. :mindblown:

My 29er felt like a jackhammer after that ride.

I could just get one of those :iono: But the Trance gives you better parts and whatnot? Probably pretty similar, honestly, aside from the Santa Cruz maybe pedaling a tad better.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:24 am Given the amount of rain that fell on central NJ yesterday, I'd say there's a good chance Six Mile will be a swamp come Sunday.

Lots of flooding all over on the roads.
Wiss will be dry :jimp: Supposed to get storms on Friday but it only takes a day to dry that place out.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:24 am Given the amount of rain that fell on central NJ yesterday, I'd say there's a good chance Six Mile will be a swamp come Sunday.

My concern is the forecasted rain on Friday...
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:11 am

Wiiiiiiiiiissssssssssss
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:21 am
Apex wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:11 am

Wiiiiiiiiiissssssssssss
:bruh: Dat's over 90 minutes away from me.