Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:02 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:39 pm If I had spent more money I'd have started at this guy:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/contend-ar-1

It's not $3k+ :doe: so I'm sure it sucks.
I ride a $1500 2016 Giant Defy 1 I bought used for under $500. It’s a great bike.

It’s a shame it automatically sucks by default.
Good thing your MTBs make up for the rowdy shortcomings. :lol:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:39 pm If I had spent more money I'd have started at this guy:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/contend-ar-1

It's not $3k+ :doe: so I'm sure it sucks.
I ride a $1500 2016 Giant Defy 1 I bought used for under $500. It’s a great bike.

Sad!

I do see why folks have multiple bikes :doe:

Even with only limited time on each, it seems like for fun or in town trips I'll want the flat bar MTB type setup and for fitness training or any kind of long trip I'll want the efficiency of the road bike.

If I could get my ass to be good+comfy enough on a gravel setup I guess that could do it all. JP seems to do it OK but that's with how many years on drop bar stuff?
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

Went for a 22 or 23 mile ride today but before that I went and looked into why my undercarriage would get numb only to find the seat has been pointed up past the handlebars since I got the damn thing.

Used the level on my phone (however accurate that may be) to get it to a level 0*, may adjust it a smidge more but it made a huge difference.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

3rdgenfan wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:22 pm Went for a 22 or 23 mile ride today but before that I went and looked into why my undercarriage would get numb only to find the seat has been pointed up past the handlebars since I got the damn thing.

Used the level on my phone (however accurate that may be) to get it to a level 0*, may adjust it a smidge more but it made a huge difference.
Awww yeah that $free.50 adjustment
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:53 pm

Sad!

Even with only limited time on each, it seems like for fun or in town trips I'll want the flat bar MTB type setup and for fitness training or any kind of long trip I'll want the efficiency of the road bike.

If I could get my ass to be good+comfy enough on a gravel setup I guess that could do it all. JP seems to do it OK but that's with how many years on drop bar stuff?
Mine is good for a lot of things. It’s bad for riding down town and going to a bar. I would like to add a dirt cheap commuter shit bike to the 2 bike fleet I have.

I think I’ve ridden the mountain bike once this year.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:29 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:53 pm

Sad!

Mine is good for a lot of things. It’s bad for riding down town and going to a bar. I would like to add a dirt cheap commuter shit bike to the 2 bike fleet I have.

I think I’ve ridden the mountain bike once this year.
Your city life is a little different than mine lol, I'm pretty sure I could leave my bike unlocked chilling on the sidewalk and no one would ever touch it. Plus it's a mile straight uphill to get home from... anywhere.