Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:03 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:58 pm

1500 RPM all day every day.
:dat:
Spinning is winning
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:fap:
2019 Bronson
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:10 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:03 pm

:dat:
You'd be a good guy to hide behind in a paceline on the road. :lolol:

Need to get you on the road for some endurance building.
Yeah, getting some road miles would be a good idea I think.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

coogles wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:51 pm :fap:
2019 Bronson
Damn.

I just wish they weren't as heavy as alloy bikes.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:15 am
coogles wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:51 pm :fap:
2019 Bronson
Damn.

I just wish they weren't as heavy as alloy bikes.
That leaded carbon fiber tho. Their alloy bikes are like 2 lbs heavier than their cf ones too :yikes:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:32 am
Apex wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Yeah, getting some road miles would be a good idea I think.
What's your inseam? If you pick up a pair of shoes, I could probably put you on the Schwinn - it's rated for burly dudes like yourself.
30" inseam IIRC.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:51 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:21 pm Hai guise. It was a nice 52 or so this morning so I went on a pre-work ride at the US National Whitewater Center here in Charlotte. Really :fuckyeah: that that place is on the way to my orifice. Road about 12 miles on the trails there, over 50 miles total. Good shit.

Also... for the experts. I am thinking about buying the gf a bike. Budget of under $500 (preferably well under), new or used, would be for light road, greenways, derping, no long rides or difficult trail stuff at all. Any recomendations? She seems to like beach cruiser style stuff, but those are lame, I'd likel something that isn't 100 pounds. Some kind of hybrid thing would be neat, I know little about bikes.
https://www.linusbike.com/products/rover-3

Something like this.

Honestly, best bet is going to the LBS to see what they have. Find something old stock or whatever.

Or
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/bik/d/ ... 16508.html

Whatever fits her right though. Ask her what style she would like. Anything is fine on paths.
Thanks man. I probably won't bite the bullet until spring. That Rover is pretty :waxer: for something that will only be casually ridden. I'll have to just search the local CL when the time comes... That road bike looks pretty decent though, but I'm concerned she won't be as comfortable on something like that with skinny, high PSI tars, although it would really make more sense.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dtraill27 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:21 pm Got the mount on and a test fit with the bike. Just waiting on the fairing to show up later today. Will be taking it out for a ride tomorrow.

Ignore the Johnny P level of filth on the car

Sick dude, also sweet casa, looks like you have some nice views there. I actually might end up with a roof rack setup, curious to hear your impressions. I didn't really love the one I had on my Civic back in college, but the car was also so under-powered, the extra wind resistance really made a difference.

Where are you riding at Myrtle Beach, is there anything cool down there? It's only like three hours from here but never really thought about heading East to ride, we have some allegedly great stuff up towards the mountains.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:10 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:16 am

30" inseam IIRC.
Hm, might be too big. Damn. Next time you're over I'll have you straddle it. :hue:
:hubba:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:10 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:16 am

30" inseam IIRC.
Hm, might be too big. Damn. Next time you're over I'll have you straddle it. :hue:
Pics
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:24 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:21 pm Got the mount on and a test fit with the bike. Just waiting on the fairing to show up later today. Will be taking it out for a ride tomorrow.

Ignore the Johnny P level of filth on the car

Sick dude, also sweet casa, looks like you have some nice views there. I actually might end up with a roof rack setup, curious to hear your impressions. I didn't really love the one I had on my Civic back in college, but the car was also so under-powered, the extra wind resistance really made a difference.

Where are you riding at Myrtle Beach, is there anything cool down there? It's only like three hours from here but never really thought about heading East to ride, we have some allegedly great stuff up towards the mountains.
Yeah the Appalachian trail runs on the top of the ridge you can see from my backyard it's pretty nice. Overall I like the rack but I won't be keeping it on the car when not in use. The wind noise is pretty loud especially before I got the fairing but I'm also seeing a pretty big impact on mpg.

As far as Myrtle goes I only know of the one place my brother in law goes https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7002890/the-hulk

There is a lot of video on it on YouTube
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Yeah the Appalachian trail runs on the top of the ridge you can see from my backyard it's pretty nice. Overall I like the rack but I won't be keeping it on the car when not in use. The wind noise is pretty loud especially before I got the fairing but I'm also seeing a pretty big impact on mpg.

As far as Myrtle goes I only know of the one place my brother in law goes https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7002890/the-hulk

:word:

I found the mileage hit to be insane in my Civic, like cut in half.

That looks like a fun spot, crazy how different that trail is from the stuff here being only a few hours away, the coastal geography is nothing like the Piedmont. Should be manageable though, not too much elevation change out there!
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:30 pm

That looks like a fun spot, crazy how different that trail is from the stuff here being only a few hours away, the coastal geography is nothing like the Piedmont. Should be manageable though, not too much elevation change out there!
Yeah mine has been about a 5mpg hit so far. Tank is averaging 31 right now instead of 36
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Yeah mine has been about a 5mpg hit so far. Tank is averaging 31 right now instead of 36
Yeah I lose about the same when I have mine on. Did you go with the square bars?

Whispbars are supposed to be quiet but if I remember right they were way more than OEM and a bit more than Thules.
Johnny_P

OMG my car would be in the teens 😦
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:40 pm

You already are in the teens. You'd be single digits with a rack. :lol:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:39 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Yeah I lose about the same when I have mine on. Did you go with the square bars?

Whispbars are supposed to be quiet but if I remember right they were way more than OEM and a bit more than Thules.
I have the yakima core bars. Which is their mid grade between round and whatever they call their quietest. Based on reviews they didn't seem worth the extra $50
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:42 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:40 pm
You already are in the teens. You'd be single digits with a rack. :lol:
He doesn't even drive 5k a year he can afford to take the hit lol
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:44 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:43 pm

I have the yakima core bars. Which is their mid grade between round and whatever they call their quietest. Based on reviews they didn't seem worth the extra $50
My Thule Aeroblades were dead silent. I was amazed with those.
Nope don't want to hear that not placing my crossbars yet. In fact I can't hear you over the wind noise
Apex

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:47 pm

Nope don't want to hear that not placing my crossbars yet. In fact I can't hear you over the wind noise
I can't hear a thing from anything in the bed of mah :truk:
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:43 pm

This is truth. They are WAY quieter than square Thule bars.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:53 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Ugh, reminds me - need to buy a rack. :notsure:
:troywax:
https://www.1up-usa.com/product/2in-sup ... bike-rack/
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:50 pm

in 4 :dillerman: :tits:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:11 pm

in 4 :dillerman: :tits:
:lolol:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

That's why I ended up throwing a hitch on the GTI. I do 110 miles/day round trip with 80 of it on interstate highways. Hitch was $100 and tucks nicely under the rear bumper.