Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:28 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:29 pm I played bikes today.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32481366

46 miles mostly road some gravel. Was on the road wheelset. I hate that wheelset.

Dead tired. Legs are in pain. Was an OK ride.
Nice mang. A 45 mile ride isn't nothing. Hope it gave you some time to clear you head, at least.
I gotta get a lighter road wheelset and different tires. This thing is a dog with these shit wheels. And the Conti 4 seasons tires don't roll well at least in 32mm size.

I'm not huge on road riding anymore. This was basically all road because the trails are so crowded due to cabin fever. It was alright. Nice to get out and ride at least. Lots of road construction. All the construction guys would cheer me on when I rode past, and the flag people would hold everyone up just for me haha.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:50 am
coogles wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:28 am

Nice mang. A 45 mile ride isn't nothing. Hope it gave you some time to clear you head, at least.
I gotta get a lighter road wheelset and different tires. This thing is a dog with these shit wheels. And the Conti 4 seasons tires don't roll well at least in 32mm size.

I'm not huge on road riding anymore. This was basically all road because the trails are so crowded due to cabin fever. It was alright. Nice to get out and ride at least. Lots of road construction. All the construction guys would cheer me on when I rode past, and the flag people would hold everyone up just for me haha.
I've noticed the flag bros are pretty cool when I'm on my bike, they're basically like "fuck duh cars, I'm letting this :boxodicks: through" .
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:50 am I gotta get a lighter road wheelset and different tires. This thing is a dog with these shit wheels. And the Conti 4 seasons tires don't roll well at least in 32mm size.

I'm with ya on the road riding bit. It might be more fun in a group, but I need some seriously good scenery to make it the least bit enjoyable.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:42 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:50 am I gotta get a lighter road wheelset and different tires. This thing is a dog with these shit wheels. And the Conti 4 seasons tires don't roll well at least in 32mm size.

I'm with ya on the road riding bit. It might be more fun in a group, but I need some seriously good scenery to make it the least bit enjoyable.
More fun in a group for sure. Because you can talk with friends, race each other, general goofing around. And the more people and blinky lights you have the less likely someone is to try and pass 8" from your bars. Which happened twice on that ride. Which is the main reason I gave up on it. Second reason was all the potholes and bad road conditions.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:05 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:42 am

More fun in a group for sure. Because you can talk with friends, race each other, general goofing around. And the more people and blinky lights you have the less likely someone is to try and pass 8" from your bars. Which happened twice on that ride. Which is the main reason I gave up on it. Second reason was all the potholes and bad road conditions.
:dat:

I really enjoy it at the moment, but I don't think I will as much when there is a high volume of cars again.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:07 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:05 pm

:dat:

I really enjoy it at the moment, but I don't think I will as much when there is a high volume of cars again.
Drivers have a fear of crossing the double yellow. They'll avoid it at all costs. If that means hitting you with a side view mirror so be it. The trick is to force them over it, because then they will pass only when its safe to do so, and give you a much wider berth. And that means riding in the right half of the roadway, possibly closer to center, which takes :balls: when you're going 17 MPH and a car is closing in on you at 45 in a 30.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

So the Mint Green Orbea frame just arrived at the bike shop handling my warranty claim.

I haven't even ridden the Scout in anger yet.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:36 pm So the Mint Green Orbea frame just arrived at the bike shop handling my warranty claim.

That is hella impressive.

Did you get minty fresh fork decals for the new Occam fork?
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:36 pm So the Mint Green Orbea frame just arrived at the bike shop handling my warranty claim.

Lets go play bikes this weekend. Bring it to Wiss!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Fixed more thorn flats from the new trails... Again. Patched a spare tube and going hit the local public trails with sister this morning. Also finally took off reflectors on wheels lmao.

And new pedals since the dog ate my originals. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Apex

dubshow wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:51 am Fixed more thorn flats from the new trails... Again. Patched a spare tube and going hit the local public trails with sister this morning. Also finally took off reflectors on wheels lmao.

:notbad:
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:51 am Fixed more thorn flats from the new trails... Again. Patched a spare tube and going hit the local public trails with sister this morning. Also finally took off reflectors on wheels lmao.

I’m not sure what rims you have but a lot of Bontrager wheels are easily converted to tubeless. They make special plastic rim strips for them. Really nice system actually.

Could be worth it to see if those are available. Then you’d need valves, sealant, and tubeless compatible tires. But likely never deal with thorn flats again. A shop would be able to convert it quickly for not much more than cost of parts.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:45 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:44 pm [user not found], where were the gravely sections?
In order of riding them last Saturday:
Aunt Molly Road in Hopewell
Montgomery Road in Hillsborough
Cold Brook Road in Oldwick
Palatine Road in Tewksbury
Tree Top Road in Whitehouse Station
Island Road in Whitehouse Station

NJ gravel is primo stuff. Smooth, fast, hard packed. Lots of fun.
Nice. Were you on the 30s or 40s?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:03 am

I’m not sure what rims you have but a lot of Bontrager wheels are easily converted to tubeless. They make special plastic rim strips for them. Really nice system actually.

Could be worth it to see if those are available. Then you’d need valves, sealant, and tubeless compatible tires. But likely never deal with thorn flats again. A shop would be able to convert it quickly for not much more than cost of parts.
:notsure: :mahman: you haven't exactly sold the people here on tubeless :nevermind:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:31 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:03 am

:notsure: :mahman: you haven't exactly sold the people here on tubeless :nevermind:
It works well for thorns. Really well. Works horrible for glass. 90% of the time tubeless is amazing. 10% it's frustrating as hell.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Fuck. Yes.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

fledonfoot wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:49 pm Image

Fuck. Yes.
Dude, that color is the fucking hotness.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I really dig it from the pics. It's a 2019 frame from the top spec M-10 model.

I'm going to have them throw in a Wheels Manufacturing bottom bracket, disassemble the rest of the orange Occam (and salvage as many of the little parts off it as I can, and make the swap next week sometime.

I have a new DPX2 shock to install from me converting the orange one to 2019 spec. The Fox 36 arrived last week.

I need to buy a dropper post, a set of brakes, a handlebar, a saddle... and that's about it.

And some gumwall DHF/DHR's.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:46 pm I really dig it from the pics. It's a 2019 frame from the top spec M-10 model.

I'm going to have them throw in a Wheels Manufacturing bottom bracket, disassemble the rest of the orange Occam (and salvage as many of the little parts off it as I can, and make the swap next week sometime.

I have a new DPX2 shock to install from me converting the orange one to 2019 spec. The Fox 36 arrived last week.

I need to buy a dropper post, a set of brakes, a handlebar, a saddle... and that's about it.

And some gumwall DHF/DHR's.
You’re all about that gumwall these days.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Put in some work on our 6 mile loop. Played in the bowl for a bit and had fun with drops and jumps. Sister is prolly the worst rider I've seen but atleast she kinda tried. Ended up pushing more than riding. She isn't even comfortable coasting/rolling hills.

Had so much time waiting around I snapped this pic. I hope she gets better but just epics whine and excuses. She's 19 I'm 33 and fat. PlzzzzzzImage

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:

They are tubeless ready. I don't really want tubeless. My buddy had that shit and it was just constant issue, mainly from not riding weekly and losing air.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Into to house trail. Image

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:jelly: of y'all with trails and warm weather
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:53 pm :jelly: of y'all with trails and warm weather
Or even open trails.

Tomorrow is going to be a shitshow in NJ.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:49 pm Image

Fuck. Yes.
Dolla dolla bill yall.