Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:06 am Some progress...

I’ll have the weekend to finish it properly, I think.

New fork decals are here, I went with the OEM style black/gray. I’m thinking I should have gone with Orange... oh well.

I can’t wait to see this in person. :megusta:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

New fork decals are here, I went with the OEM style black/gray. I’m thinking I should have gone with Orange... oh well.

mmm. Me likey. I really really really want to try a rowdy hardtail with aggressive geometry, I think it'd be perfect for the trails around here. 140mm is just too much.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:08 am

mmm. Me likey. I really really really want to try a rowdy hardtail with aggressive geometry, I think it'd be perfect for the trails around here. 140mm is just too much.
For out the box solution check out the Kona Honzo line. Priced decently and very cool bikes. Or trek stache I think it is.

Wanna buy my hardtail for cheap? 😀
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:38 am For out the box solution check out the Kona Honzo line. Priced decently and very cool bikes. Or trek stache I think it is.

Wanna buy my hardtail for cheap? 😀
Ha, nah bruh. Plus, it'd be too big.

Unless I could sell the Trance privately, I'm stuck with it. I've tried a couple times and got nothing but tire-kickers, mostly because it's a Medium and not a Large or XL. Sucks being short.

Honzo would've been perfect, definitely should have bought one of those or a Scout instead of the Trance, but it's too late. Still might try to off the Trance and instead get a new commuter-ish bike, though, probably one of the new AC Super Professional frames. My ability to fuck off and play bikes by myself now with 3 kids will be exactly 0, but I could use a decent bike to brap around the trails around here and haul crotchfruit in a trailer.

:megusta:
Johnny_P

For hauling ability the space horse might be the answer. But it looks like AC added more mount points to this so maybe that’s good enough.

There’s an all city bike sale group on Facebook.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:08 am

It's going to be a fun ride. This is built around a 140mm fork.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:43 am For hauling ability the space horse might be the answer. But it looks like AC added more mount points to this so maybe that’s good enough.

Aside from the fork, the super professional and space horse seem exactly the same to me, aside from the new dropout on the SP. I really do not dig the paint choices on the space horse right now, though.

Are you going to make me reactivate my Facebook account? :disgust:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:47 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:43 am For hauling ability the space horse might be the answer. But it looks like AC added more mount points to this so maybe that’s good enough.

Aside from the fork, the super professional and space horse seem exactly the same to me, aside from the new dropout on the SP. I really do not dig the paint choices on the space horse right now, though.

Are you going to make me reactivate my Facebook account? :disgust:
:wat: size? I’ll look and see if there is anything.

The cream colored Toyota stripe space horse was cool. You can still buy those frames online I think. Like look at bikeman.com

I haven’t really looked into it but I guess super pro is a space horse macho man mix up.

Also coogs sometimes Soma lets their frames go for stupid cheap on their website. Sale section. They had a 58cm wolverine for $220.
Johnny_P

I was planning on pouncing on a stigmata if/when the army green GRX goes on sale. But losing the job yeah a $4k bike is NGH.

Maybe I can still get a MTB though. I like the basic bitch alloy 29er trance for $2k ish. Someone on Facebook is interested in my Trek so we will see.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:53 am :wat: size? I’ll look and see if there is anything.

The cream colored Toyota stripe space horse was cool. You can still buy those frames online I think. Like look at bikeman.com

I haven’t really looked into it but I guess super pro is a space horse macho man mix up.

Also coogs sometimes Soma lets their frames go for stupid cheap on their website. Sale section. They had a 58cm wolverine for $220.
I'm a 55 in all-city, 56cm top tube is about what I need. Thanks bruh.

Super pro appears to be a macho man just with a new rear dropout, which I think would be perfect for what I need. The LBS here had a prior-year Cosmic Stallion in my size for sale awhile ago, I should probably see if they still have it. :tits: will :hellno: unless I manage to sell the Trance, though. This one:

Then again, that new purple fade cosmic stallion is :boner: -inducing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:00 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:53 am :wat: size? I’ll look and see if there is anything.

Super pro appears to be a macho man just with a new rear dropout, which I think would be perfect for what I need. The LBS here had a prior-year Cosmic Stallion in my size for sale awhile ago, I should probably see if they still have it. :tits: will :hellno: unless I manage to sell the Trance, though. This one:

That looks cool as hell to me.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:02 am That looks cool as hell to me.
If they do have it I could probably get it for a good :dill:. Want to buy a Trance? :trollface:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:11 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:02 am That looks cool as hell to me.
If they do have it I could probably get it for a good :dill:. Want to buy a Trance? :trollface:
:nope:

The Whorbea is all the MTB I need. I just need to get this Raleigh working and ride on ze road.

You should :doit: :doe:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:57 am I was planning on pouncing on a stigmata if/when the army green GRX goes on sale. But losing the job yeah a $4k bike is NGH.

Maybe I can still get a MTB though. I like the basic bitch alloy 29er trance for $2k ish. Someone on Facebook is interested in my Trek so we will see.
I'll put you in touch with my Giant guy. he'll take care of you.
Johnny_P

Just watch the spec of small parts. Sometimes you get fucked by the all city builds. Like I don’t know what the gearing is on that. That was a problem on my bike that necessitated a new derailleur, cassette, and chain on a brand new bike.

But yeah that looks nice.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:40 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:57 am I was planning on pouncing on a stigmata if/when the army green GRX goes on sale. But losing the job yeah a $4k bike is NGH.

I'll put you in touch with my Giant guy. he'll take care of you.
Well let’s see if the trek sells first.
Johnny_P

Macho king. Do it.

Mr Pink road plus.

Eh neither have rack mounts for a kid seat.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:49 pm Image

Macho king. Do it.

Mr Pink road plus.

Fender mounts would be nice, but I don't think I'd need rack mounts. I'd plan on using something like dis:

That Macho King is :fire:. I think(?) I'd prefer a 105 or GRX groupset, but maybe not.

I'm genuinely intrigued by the 650 x 47c WTB Horizons on the Super Professional. Take the singlespeed SP build and put a 105 groupset on it and I think that's exactly what I'd want.

https://allcitycycles.com/bikes/super_p ... inglespeed
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:11 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:49 pm Image

Macho king. Do it.

Mr Pink road plus.

Fender mounts would be nice, but I don't think I'd need rack mounts. I'd plan on using something like dis:

That Macho King is :fire:. I think(?) I'd prefer a 105 or GRX groupset, but maybe not.

I'm genuinely intrigued by the 650 x 47c WTB Horizons on the Super Professional. Take the singlespeed SP build and put a 105 groupset on it and I think that's exactly what I'd want.

https://allcitycycles.com/bikes/super_p ... inglespeed
The king’s 853 frame is both a LOT stiffer for pedaling and quite a bit lighter than the AC 612 chromoly while being just as compliant. You also get a carbon fork which is nearly 2 lbs lighter in itself than the steel fork. If I really give my bike the gas I can feel a vibration in the cranks that I couldn’t with the king from chainstay or BB flex. As such the king pedals more like a carbon bike. Much more immediate to ride. I don’t know if it has fender mounts or not. It might have hidden ones.

I’d have bought one if they had my size left. AC was sold out entirely countrywide because they discontinued production. So I got the macho man. I love the bike, but I’d have loved the King more.

Up to you what matters. Fat ass tires are attractive. My bike can’t take 650 as far as I know. 700x42 is where it maxes out. Still stupid fun.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:25 pm The king’s 853 frame is both a LOT stiffer for pedaling and quite a bit lighter than the AC 612 chromoly while being just as compliant. You also get a carbon fork which is nearly 2 lbs lighter in itself than the steel fork. If I really give my bike the gas I can feel a vibration in the cranks that I couldn’t with the king from chainstay or BB flex. As such the king pedals more like a carbon bike. Much more immediate to ride. I don’t know if it has fender mounts or not. It might have hidden ones.

I’d have bought one if they had my size left. AC was sold out entirely countrywide because they discontinued production. So I got the macho man. I love the bike, but I’d have loved the King more.

Up to you what matters. Fat ass tires are attractive. My bike can’t take 650 as far as I know. 700x42 is where it maxes out. Still stupid fun.
$1,900 for the Macho King is barely more than what the 1x Super Professional build costs, it'd be stupid not to go that route if I'm going to do something. I'd for sure get more use out of it than I do the Trance, but nobody is buying that thing, I'll have it until I'm 80.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:42 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:25 pm The king’s 853 frame is both a LOT stiffer for pedaling and quite a bit lighter than the AC 612 chromoly while being just as compliant. You also get a carbon fork which is nearly 2 lbs lighter in itself than the steel fork. If I really give my bike the gas I can feel a vibration in the cranks that I couldn’t with the king from chainstay or BB flex. As such the king pedals more like a carbon bike. Much more immediate to ride. I don’t know if it has fender mounts or not. It might have hidden ones.

$1,900 for the Macho King is barely more than what the 1x Super Professional build costs, it'd be stupid not to go that route if I'm going to do something. I'd for sure get more use out of it than I do the Trance, but nobody is buying that thing, I'll have it until I'm 80.
Yeah I mean either is a great bike. I’ve fallen in love with this style bike because it can actually do anything you want it to. I’d love to upgrade from my macho man for something that can take 650’s and also is lighter / stiffer for a more lively and fast ride.

I’ve ridden almost all of the wiss with it and there are only a couple spots I have to dismount and hike a bike. But I can ride there and back (10 miles each way!) and it’s not an issue at all. And still pass stupid fixie riders. 😀
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:42 pm

If you really want out of the trance I’d look at Pros Closet or somewhere that would buy it and resell it themselves. You’ll get screwed on value but :iono: it’ll be gone. I should have done that with the Cervelo. I’d have likely sold it faster and for more money.
Johnny_P

My rear disc caliper is fukt. Need a full rebuild. Maybe that’s tomorrow’s project.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:49 pmIf you really want out of the trance I’d look at Pros Closet or somewhere that would buy it and resell it themselves. You’ll get screwed on value but :iono: it’ll be gone. I should have done that with the Cervelo. I’d have likely sold it faster and for more money.
Just resubmitted for a new TPC quote and it’s really not bad, $1,739. Paid $3,100, so that hurts, but not unexpected I guess. Was trying to sell for I think $2,500 privately? I forget.

Would probably take that money and buy a new custom set of leg pads for hockey, tho. :lol:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:49 pmIf you really want out of the trance I’d look at Pros Closet or somewhere that would buy it and resell it themselves. You’ll get screwed on value but :iono: it’ll be gone. I should have done that with the Cervelo. I’d have likely sold it faster and for more money.
Just resubmitted for a new TPC quote and it’s really not bad, $1,739. Paid $3,100, so that hurts, but not unexpected I guess. Was trying to sell for I think $2,500 privately? I forget.

Would probably take that money and buy a new custom set of leg pads for hockey, tho. :lol:
I think that’s not terrible. Selling high value bikes used is really tough. Because expensive and no warranty.