Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383218912107

Something like that should work. Wifes bike has the bontrager at-750 with a 700x3. I think that's too wife for my old frame that had the 27x1.25 tire.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

dubshow wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:49 pm Can someone help me with best route to 700c wheels?

I have a vintage 1986-87 Schwinn Traveller. I've replaced the 27" wheel twice now and the new one was stepped on in storage. I'm done with 27" vintage shit. It's slightly warped but I think beyond repair.

I should be able to just add some extended long reach brakes and bolt in some 700c wheels. I youtubed it as well. What's the best all around general purpose wheel? I considered going to a single speed if doing new brakes and wheels. And maybe even a hybrid setup for mild gravel trails. Suggestions?

Budget is about 200 all in. So looking for some used wheels or take off.
What gears you have on the back? Number of cogs.
What is your shifter situation? Friction shift or do your shifters click (indexed?)
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:53 pm
dubshow wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:49 pm Can someone help me with best route to 700c wheels?

I have a vintage 1986-87 Schwinn Traveller. I've replaced the 27" wheel twice now and the new one was stepped on in storage. I'm done with 27" vintage shit. It's slightly warped but I think beyond repair.

I should be able to just add some extended long reach brakes and bolt in some 700c wheels. I youtubed it as well. What's the best all around general purpose wheel? I considered going to a single speed if doing new brakes and wheels. And maybe even a hybrid setup for mild gravel trails. Suggestions?

What is your shifter situation? Friction shift or do your shifters click (indexed?)
Classic 7 rear 2 front but I was going to a single speed. I like the idea of a flip flop hub. I'd remove one of the cogs on front.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:09 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:53 pm

Classic 7 rear 2 front but I was going to a single speed. I like the idea of a flip flop hub. I'd remove one of the cogs on front.
Origin 8 makes decent cheap hubs. They may have ones pre built that are single speed ready.

Formula hubs are OK

So are novatec and bitex really

eBay, velomine, would be the first places I’d look for wheels.

You’ll have to stretch the frame out a little bit for the wheels. Just pull the stays apart by hand while putting the wheel in should be ok.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Bendy boi. :rage:

I just like this frame. Bars got squished in 2008 hurricane tree crushing shop. I put it together. Road a lot. Bent an OG wheel and replaced it. And now the new wheel is tweeked. I don't have a truing station. And all bike bikes have flats. Sigh.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:butwhy: go single gear?

I guess it's flat AF where you are so it works?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:51 am :butwhy: go single gear?

I guess it's flat AF where you are so it works?
Been riding my worldsport for the last 3 weeks. Haven't changed a gear yet.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I also realized I'll be about 250 into wheels and tires. I get $250 from work if I get a new bike. Not parts. I can get a new origin8 for like 350. Hrmmm
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Dude, just buy a wheel or wheel set. don't make this more complicated than it needs to be, as we discussed.

If you want to try and swap the hubs, i have a undamaged front wheel I'll never use more than likely Truing a strait hoop cant be that hard. I have a moto stand unsure if bike wheel will fit. You can always do it on the bike too. Thats free.59.

I also have the tool to take the rear cassette off somewhere.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:00 am I also realized I'll be about 250 into wheels and tires. I get $250 from work if I get a new bike. Not parts. I can get a new origin8 for like 350. Hrmmm
Yeah man... I've been down this road recently... it's pretty much :dealwithit: as-is or it's cheaper/more sensible to just buy a better bike. I got new tires/grip tape/pedals/shifter cables and am just going to ride the bike for a while. If I'm still into it post-COVID, maybe I'll do a :boxodicks: thing, but :notsure:
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:00 am I also realized I'll be about 250 into wheels and tires. I get $250 from work if I get a new bike. Not parts. I can get a new origin8 for like 350. Hrmmm
There are a lot of dirt cheap fixie bikes out there that don’t really suck.

A new State will be around $250-$300. Heavy frames but it’s the easy button and they look cool.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:32 pm Bendy boi. :rage:

I just like this frame. Bars got squished in 2008 hurricane tree crushing shop. I put it together. Road a lot. Bent an OG wheel and replaced it. And now the new wheel is tweeked. I don't have a truing station. And all bike bikes have flats. Sigh.

You could true that wheel pretty easily. I’d do that. Get a new fixie and sell this for $100 to some hipster.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

:boxodicks: on big brown truck out for delivery. Finally.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:21 pm :boxodicks: on big brown truck out for delivery. Finally.
:fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:21 pm :boxodicks: on big brown truck out for delivery. Finally.
Brown santa pulling through finally :fuckyeah:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 pm Image
:amazing:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 pm Image
This needs to be a thing
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

Little man has been all about hitting dirt. I dusted off my old ass GoPro Hero2 and stuck it on his handlebars and let him rip down the green downhill line at the trails in front or out house. He sang the whole way down the trail lol, well at least until the GoPro crapped out after a couple minutes.

He’s getting fast.

https://youtu.be/vbX4VDYkLwI
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
Johnny_P

Dbest wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:33 pm Image

Little man has been all about hitting dirt. I dusted off my old ass GoPro Hero2 and stuck it on his handlebars and let him rip down the green downhill line at the trails in front or out house. He sang the whole way down the trail lol, well at least until the GoPro crapped out after a couple minutes.

He’s getting fast.

Hahah that’s awesome!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dbest wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:33 pm Image

He’s getting fast.

:impressive:
And :lolol: at the singing.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

Yeah he’s definitely more skilled at single track than he is at singing lol. We’ve generally been getting in about 5 miles of a dirt every day. One day last week he made it 11.3 miles than came home and passed the fuck out lol
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

It begins.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:34 pm Image

It begins.
:jimp:
Johnny_P

Dbest wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:31 pm Yeah he’s definitely more skilled at single track than he is at singing lol. We’ve generally been getting in about 5 miles of a dirt every day. One day last week he made it 11.3 miles than came home and passed the fuck out lol
Lil shredder