Supplements

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:09 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:42 am
Mood. Like the hairloss mentioned above, if you're an angry person, you may become more angry on Test. People like to toss the term roid rage around, but that's an overgeneralization and mostly untrue. I, myself, and a very laid back person, introverted, quiet, etc. I've also battled depression most of my life. On Test, I'm a much happier person, and I don't ever feel the need to use anti-depressants. My moods are actually more stable and my thoughts more rational. I have a heightened sense of well being and mental clarity. Most men report similar feelings, especially as they've aged and their natural test levels have declined. This will be up to you to think about how it'll affect you, since I don't know you IRL and don't know if you're hot headed and aggressive (you don't seem like it TBH).

to expand on this...... most men feel great on testerone. Hell its a huge reason many people get on TRT to begin with. Its the comedown that is a bitch and makes you moody, and there's where the PCT drugs come in.
And you've only come off once to have your son?

Ive had a vasectomy so I should be good there...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:41 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:09 pm

to expand on this...... most men feel great on testerone. Hell its a huge reason many people get on TRT to begin with. Its the comedown that is a bitch and makes you moody, and there's where the PCT drugs come in.

And i had some boosters and stuff. And there have been a few times where i forget my shot (whoops) and go like 15 days between doses.
brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I jumped on the supplement bandwagon a year ago. As for pre, I’ve done the following:
Cellucor c4 original (watermelon, green apple)
Beyond Raw Lit (gummy worms, blue rasberry, banana taffy, gummy fish, prob a couple im forgetting)
Cellucor c4 ripped, cherry lemonade
Ghost once, I believe it was red flavor, probably the worst pre I had taste wise.

Cellucor c4 og, is pretty much the most basic, and i do notice some significant difference vs beyond raw lit and c4 ripped in terms of how much i wanna workout. Im told by my local gnc guy that ripped is slightly better than beyond raw lit. I jumped on the lit solely due to the gummy worm flavor, thanks to my inner child.

For whey/whey pro isolate
- dymatize iso100 birthday cake, strawberry, cookies and cream (birthday cake was my fav)
- bionutro or w/e it is, black bottle one, with strawberry flavor
- most recently, ghost cereal milk, i believe i am on my 3rd lol

So my top favorites are the ghost and dymatize birthday cake
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:08 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:41 pm

And i had some boosters and stuff. And there have been a few times where i forget my shot (whoops) and go like 15 days between doses.
Injections sub Q or deep into the muscle?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:19 pm

in the muscle. wife is nurse, she gives me my shots
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

They are traditionally done IM, but new research and anecdotal evidence shows that Sub-Q may actually lead to less aromatization. I'll try to find the studies I read and link them up. You'll be shooting a small enough amount that you could probably do Sub-Q.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:32 pm

They are traditionally done IM, but new research and anecdotal evidence shows that Sub-Q may actually lead to less aromatization. I'll try to find the studies I read and link them up. You'll be shooting a small enough amount that you could probably do Sub-Q.
That's what I read. I was going to do subq
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:27 pm

I told my wife that I was going to try it. She wasn't excited...I doubt she will help me even though she is qualified

If it works for me I'm going to find a more progressive doctor and tell them what I did, that it helped and in going to continue to do it. Maybe they will help at that point with a perscription.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:42 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:27 pm

I told my wife that I was going to try it. She wasn't excited...I doubt she will help me even though she is qualified

If it works for me I'm going to find a more progressive doctor and tell them what I did, that it helped and in going to continue to do it. Maybe they will help at that point with a perscription.
If you want to guarantee a prescription, you can skip PCT from this cycle, go get your physical and your levels measured after a month or so of being off, and you should be at rock bottom with no minimal natural production and all of the exogenous stuff cleared from your system...
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Did you lift prior to TRT Brad? Notice any difference after you started TRT
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:54 pm Did you lift prior to TRT Brad? Notice any difference after you started TRT
I had started, partially as a way to try and naturally boost my T level. And yes, after i actually started TRT my performance in the olde gym got WAY better.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:57 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:42 pm

If you want to guarantee a prescription, you can skip PCT from this cycle, go get your physical and your levels measured after a month or so of being off, and you should be at rock bottom with no minimal natural production and all of the exogenous stuff cleared from your system...
What about estrogen blockers during the cycle? What I'm reading about TRT is that something to control estrogen is also needed. No,?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:45 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:57 pm

What about estrogen blockers during the cycle? What I'm reading about TRT is that something to control estrogen is also needed. No,?
Read back up on my regimen, this is what i do. BUT, i have legit low T, so thats what my body just does. You really should get bloodwork done after being on for a few weeks.

High Estrogen (E2 is the test you want) will not cause any overly adverse short term side effects that cannot be reversed, see earlier discussion about sensitive nips and stuff. Long term it increases some cancer risks. BUT, taking a blocker without dialing in the level with blood work can crash your level, and then you will feel like crap ie "roid rage"
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:26 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:45 am

Read back up on my regimen, this is what i do. BUT, i have legit low T, so thats what my body just does. You really should get bloodwork done after being on for a few weeks.

High Estrogen (E2 is the test you want) will not cause any overly adverse short term side effects that cannot be reversed, see earlier discussion about sensitive nips and stuff. Long term it increases some cancer risks. BUT, taking a blocker without dialing in the level with blood work can crash your level, and then you will feel like crap ie "roid rage"
Oh, sure. I'll read back trough.

I have a full physical with blood work scheduled 10/5.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Called and made an appointment at a more progressive clinic...think something is up. Initial consultation is $99, no questions about medical insurance. Lady was like "you'll talk to the doctor, we'll run some test and you can start treatment that day if necessary." Paraphrasing but it sounds sketchy. All Google reviews are overly glowing..

Feel stuck. Primary care did blood work but didn't do the correct panels according to what I'm reading (no free test check) and now this. Just want a full, complete honest evaluation
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:57 am Called and made an appointment at a more progressive clinic...think something is up. Initial consultation is $99, no questions about medical insurance. Lady was like "you'll talk to the doctor, we'll run some test and you can start treatment that day if necessary." Paraphrasing but it sounds sketchy. All Google reviews are overly glowing..

Feel stuck. Primary care did blood work but didn't do the correct panels according to what I'm reading (no free test check) and now this. Just want a full, complete honest evaluation
Yeah, unless you specify to your PCP that you want your free test levels measured, they'll only read your total test levels. Free is what's important since that's what's usuable by your body.

But even if they give you your free and total numbers, that doesn't exactly paint the whole picture. You could come in near the bottom of the normal range, and they'll say you're in the range so you don't need treatment.. but what if a year ago you were at the top of that range. Sure you're still "normal" on their scale, but for what your body needs you're low now. Most of these more progressive clinics you're talking about dgaf about that and if you're anywhere near the low end of normal they'll put you on something. They don't make money if they aren't prescribing stuff.

Yes, estrogen blockers may be needed, but that's something we'll see as we go and you get blood work done. On this low of a dose, you should be okay, especially since you'll have nolvadex on hand to control estrogen if you notice any side effects before you get blood work done. I'll be here for you to bounce questions off of regarding any of that.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Do either of you donate blood?
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:05 pm Do either of you donate blood?
I haven't been this time around, but the last time I ran a cycle, I donated every 4-8 weeks to keep my RBC from getting too high and thin my blood from previous cycles. I would definitely recommend donating every 8-12 weeks while on.

I was able to donate every 4 weeks by finding a local blood bank to donate to in addition to the red cross, so I'd do each of those a month apart until I got my hematocrit level back down to where it was supposed to be. It was elevated from having done a few cycles over the years without realizing that that is a side effect.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i dont, but my counts look good and doc said its not necessary. Again, naturally low T, so YMMV
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:41 pm
i dont, but my counts look good and doc said its not necessary. Again, naturally low T, so YMMV
Thanks for being patient if I keep asking the same questions.

Just talked to a good friend who had the same test levels as me, low normal, and his doctor has him in 100 every 10 -12 days.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:17 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Just talked to a good friend who had the same test levels as me, low normal, and his doctor has him in 100 every 10 -12 days.
I didn't see you posted, what is your levels?

Also, if you dont mind answering, what was your drink of choice when you were boozing hard? For me it was beer in college, lots, often. Beer has a lot of phytoestrogens in it (Molecules the body treats like estrogen) and i think it may have legit screwed up my endocrine system.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:23 am

Also, if you dont mind answering, what was your drink of choice when you were boozing hard? For me it was beer in college, lots, often. Beer has a lot of phytoestrogens in it (Molecules the body treats like estrogen) and i think it may have legit screwed up my endocrine system.
280 iirc.

I was drinking vodka. But I had been sober about 4 months before being tested. I hadn't drank beer in large amounts in 8 months.

I posted all my blood work in one of the OT threads.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:53 am

280 iirc.

I was drinking vodka. But I had been sober about 4 months before being tested. I hadn't drank beer in large amounts in 8 months.

I posted all my blood work in one of the OT threads.
280 is low in most circles. My insurance, for instance, has a cut off of under 300 IIRC, but it varies by age. With a level that low I'd do like Sawce is suggesting and do a cycle with a round of PCT while doing some weightlifting and general exercise. It might kick you natural production back into high gear. BUT, if not.... don't be afraid to get on the :sawce: the rest of your life. I can almost guarantee you will feel better.

Yea my comment on beer was more about long term use. Like for years i drank varying amounts of beer almost daily, and that might have messed me up.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

:dat: is what happened to my BIL and why his levels were so low. Lots of beer and weed in college and weed can increase your estrogen levels and decrease test levels as well. Even though he was a D1 athlete and strong as fuck, as soon as he got away from playing baseball daily and was just lifting on his own his levels plummetted and he gained a bunch of fat. Took him a few years before he finally went to get his levels checked and got on TRT. His moods stabilized and he largely attributes that to being able to salvage his marriage with my sister.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

This clinic is wierd. Ash tray in the lobby, stuffed bear mounted to the wall. Guns on the wall.

I feel like my testosterone went up 300 points just sitting here.