Supplements

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

KYGTIGuy wrote:
stripethree wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:31 am None of the stuff I take daily is relevant to workouts and I wish I understood more about what the heck was going on in here. I take fish oil, a probiotic, and try to remember to take vit C and D daily, since I've been low on those on blood work before. A coworker of mine has had his daughter on a probiotic for a while and it's slowly been undoing her food allergies. That's not why I'm taking it, but boy would that be an awesome result.
Interesting. Need to try that. I drink kefir when I think about it
I have kefir every morning.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

stripethree wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:31 am None of the stuff I take daily is relevant to workouts and I wish I understood more about what the heck was going on in here. I take fish oil, a probiotic, and try to remember to take vit C and D daily, since I've been low on those on blood work before. A coworker of mine has had his daughter on a probiotic for a while and it's slowly been undoing her food allergies. That's not why I'm taking it, but boy would that be an awesome result.
interesting...what kind of allergies
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

He's out this week so I'll ask when he's back. This is what he recommended: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:05 am interesting...what kind of allergies
FPIES. His daughter was 2 and the allergies surfaced after a round of antibiotics. They started giving her probiotics in homemade yogurt, because giving meds to a 2 year old is a challenge, and 6 months later the allergies were gone.

I ordered the stuff he recommended and am going to start it next week when I run out of what I am already taking, which I've been doing daily for ~6 months. Link. I am also heading back to thw allergist for testing in a couple weeks because I think my allergies changed for the better. We'll see; I'll report back.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

You guys eat any fermented foods for probiotics too?

I'm on a cup of greek yogurt a day, and I've been on a sauerkraut kick too.. eating 1-2tbsp of that every day. I'll probably do kimchi after I'm out of sauerkraut since it should have a different set of bacteria in it. If I can find a good, relatively inexpensive source for it, ideally I'd do a little of that and a little of sauerkraut every day.
SAWCE

Bro-in-law has been making his own kefier or whatever too.. might have to try doing that.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:38 pm You guys eat any fermented foods for probiotics too?

I'm on a cup of greek yogurt a day, and I've been on a sauerkraut kick too.. eating 1-2tbsp of that every day. I'll probably do kimchi after I'm out of sauerkraut since it should have a different set of bacteria in it. If I can find a good, relatively inexpensive source for it, ideally I'd do a little of that and a little of sauerkraut every day.
I eat Greek yogurt a couple times a week. As an occasional treat I go to our local Greek grocery store and buy the real thing, home made stuff, along with a jar of Greek honey. The traditional way to eat it is with Greek honey and some nuts. :drool:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Beer is fermented.

:therapist:
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:05 am Beer is fermented.

I meant to make a post yesterday preemptively telling brad that beer doesn’t count... should have known you’d be in here with that too.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:05 am Beer is fermented.

:hue:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Still taking my ashwanda whatever ASM-66.

Yearly physical was moved to October. Will test testosterone then to see if levels changed.

Think I just want to go deep web at this point doe
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 am Still taking my ashwanda whatever ASM-66.

Yearly physical was moved to October. Will test testosterone then to see if levels changed.

Im interested in how much the Ashwaganda will change your levels.

Deep web meaning :sawce: ? If so, I can hook you up so you're not buying from a sketchy site online.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 am Still taking my ashwanda whatever ASM-66.

Deep web meaning :sawce: ? If so, I can hook you up so you're not buying from a sketchy site online.
If I was just wanting to try it to see if it made me feel better. What kinds price range we talking? Not like a bulking cycle but a boast cycle. As you can tell, I have no idea about how any of this works so work with me on the terminology
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:52 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 am

If I was just wanting to try it to see if it made me feel better. What kinds price range we talking? Not like a bulking cycle but a boast cycle. As you can tell, I have no idea about how any of this works so work with me on the terminology
So depending on your levels, and TRT dose from your doctor could be anywhere from 80mgs/week up to 150 or even 200 if your doctor is being generous and want you at the high range of normal.

I'd recommend starting your self on the lower end, like 125mg/week and then getting blood work done after a month or two to see where your levels are sitting. I can get you a 2500mg vial for $55 plus shipping. At that dose, it'll last you a good 20 weeks. You can get 100 sterile syringes w/needles plus 100 extra needles ( I like to draw from the vial with one needle, then swap a fresh one on to inject) plus alcohol swabs and gauze pads if you need them for like $25 shipped from a variety of medical supply places, and I can give you a link for the company I like to use. So for a whopping $70ish OTD, you have yourself a nice little boost in your test levels that'll last you 20 weeks depending on how your bloodwork looks after the first month and if you want to adjust your dose.

Keep in mind though, you'll either need to run a full PCT afterwards to get your natural production back up to baseline, or you'll stay on this stuff pretty much permanently. At 125mg/week, your dose is low, so PCT would be easier, and I could help you with that as well and with planning to come off and tapering down your test dose at the end and all of that jazz.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:12 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:52 am

So depending on your levels, and TRT dose from your doctor could be anywhere from 80mgs/week up to 150 or even 200 if your doctor is being generous and want you at the high range of normal.

I'd recommend starting your self on the lower end, like 125mg/week and then getting blood work done after a month or two to see where your levels are sitting. I can get you a 2500mg vial for $55 plus shipping. At that dose, it'll last you a good 20 weeks. You can get 100 sterile syringes w/needles plus 100 extra needles ( I like to draw from the vial with one needle, then swap a fresh one on to inject) plus alcohol swabs and gauze pads if you need them for like $25 shipped from a variety of medical supply places, and I can give you a link for the company I like to use. So for a whopping $70ish OTD, you have yourself a nice little boost in your test levels that'll last you 20 weeks depending on how your bloodwork looks after the first month and if you want to adjust your dose.

Keep in mind though, you'll either need to run a full PCT afterwards to get your natural production back up to baseline, or you'll stay on this stuff pretty much permanently. At 125mg/week, your dose is low, so PCT would be easier, and I could help you with that as well and with planning to come off and tapering down your test dose at the end and all of that jazz.
Alright, I'm intrigued. How much is the full PCT?
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:25 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:12 pm

With a low dose like this, I'd feel comfortable putting you on just Clomid and Nolvadex. I'd have to check prices from my guy, but IIRC they're about $80 each. A little more expensive, however you get enough to where it would last you for two full PCTs if you do more test down the road.

So all in you're looking right around $230ish, and it'll last you your full 26week cycle (20weeks on the test, two weeks for that to clear your system, then 4 weeks of PCT), and you'd have needles and extra PCT stuff on hand for if you were to run again, so that second cycle would just cost you the $55 for the test.

Oh, I forgot an aromatase inhibitor so you don't convert the extra test to estrogen.. This isn't always necessary, :fax: for example isn't on any from his doctor and his doc has him around 100mg/test per week IIRC. That's a case by case thing though as different people aromatise at different rates and levels. You'd have Nolva on hand and could use small doses of that during your cycle, but I like armoasin or arimidex better. I have actual pharaceutical arimidex from my BIL that I could give you if you needed it. Again, we'd base that on your blood work and how you feel. Run the first month without it, then if your estrogen is above the normal range, we'll get you on a low dose of 1-2mg per week of arimidex.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:49 pm

With a low dose like this, I'd feel comfortable putting you on just Clomid and Nolvadex. I'd have to check prices from my guy, but IIRC they're about $80 each. A little more expensive, however you get enough to where it would last you for two full PCTs if you do more test down the road.

So all in you're looking right around $230ish, and it'll last you your full 26week cycle (20weeks on the test, two weeks for that to clear your system, then 4 weeks of PCT), and you'd have needles and extra PCT stuff on hand for if you were to run again, so that second cycle would just cost you the $55 for the test.

Oh, I forgot an aromatase inhibitor so you don't convert the extra test to estrogen.. This isn't always necessary, :fax: for example isn't on any from his doctor and his doc has him around 100mg/test per week IIRC. That's a case by case thing though as different people aromatise at different rates and levels. You'd have Nolva on hand and could use small doses of that during your cycle, but I like armoasin or arimidex better. I have actual pharaceutical arimidex from my BIL that I could give you if you needed it. Again, we'd base that on your blood work and how you feel. Run the first month without it, then if your estrogen is above the normal range, we'll get you on a low dose of 1-2mg per week of arimidex.
150mg every 10 days and anastrozole twice a week is my regimen. Tho i am not great about the anastrozole... i get it in at least once a cycle :doe: My e2 levels were not that high without it.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

What if I just did 100 a week and never stopped? No need for PCT? Or what if I did it a year at a time. PCT time increase in relation to the test cycle? So Brad has it perscribed, does he do 20 on 6 off?

And the need for PCT is because your body stops making testosterone and you have to restart it or you'll what?

I think I want to do at least one
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:45 pm

150mg every 10 days and anastrozole twice a week is my regimen. Tho i am not great about the anastrozole... i get it in at least once a cycle :doe: My e2 levels were not that high without it.
Is that an every week every year thing or do you have to do the PCT cycle stuff?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

And what about HGH? Does that "naturally" increase your test levels?
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:21 pm

What if I just did 100 a week and never stopped? No need for PCT? Or what if I did it a year at a time. PCT time increase in relation to the test cycle? So Brad has it perscribed, does he do 20 on 6 off?

And the need for PCT is because your body stops making testosterone and you have to restart it or you'll what?

I think I want to do at least one
Yep, PCT is needed because your natural production is shit down with the exogenous rest being supplied.

Longer pct isn’t needed for longer cycles.

Yes, you can do 100mg or 125mg from here on out and never worry about PCT.

The 20 week example is because that’s how long a single goal of what I can supply will last.

Brad has only come off for the purpose of creating a child iirc. He may have even stayed on during that, but iirc he came off and was on clomid or HCG to get his boys working again.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:23 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Is that an every week every year thing or do you have to do the PCT cycle stuff?
I don't have to mess with PCT because I have legit low testerone. I tried many things to get my body producing on its own. Supplements, diet, testosterone booster shots. The booster will crash your natural production while increasing the level, in some people as the level falls it :triggered: s the body to restart its own production. And the only thing that worked for increasing my natural level was clomid, but it had bad side effects for me. And its by no means natural being used as an off label T-booster (NB: Clomid is a female fertility drug, but it works in men too. Boosts natural sperm production and therefore T levels in men. some people have success with it over T shots) One of which was losing hair, that has never come back by the way. I was only on that three months so we could have Charlie. :disgust:

So yea, i do 150mg every 10 days the rest of my life pretty much unless we try for kid two. Which I am pretty firmly in the :nope: camp on.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:30 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:23 pm

I don't have to mess with PCT because I have legit low testerone. I tried many things to get my body producing on its own. Supplements, diet, testosterone booster shots. The booster will crash your natural production while increasing the level, in some people as the level falls it :triggered: s the body to restart its own production. And the only thing that worked for increasing my natural level was clomid, but it had bad side effects for me. And its by no means natural being used as an off label T-booster (NB: Clomid is a female fertility drug, but it works in men too. Boosts natural sperm production and therefore T levels in men. some people have success with it over T shots) One of which was losing hair, that has never come back by the way. I was only on that three months so we could have Charlie. :disgust:

So yea, i do 150mg every 10 days the rest of my life pretty much unless we try for kid two. Which I am pretty firmly in the :nope: camp on.
This is interesting, and I'm going to do some reading on that. I've never heard of Clomid making a male lose their hair. Certain AAS (androgenic anabolic steroids) can, but typically only in people who have a predisposition for it. I, for example, have always known I'd be bald. Pretty much every male in my family is, and my hair started thinning at 17-18. Test hasn't affected my hair loss at all, but any time I get on Tren, it accelerates the rate at which my crown thins. It usually fills back out a touch when I come off.

So, I guess we should talk side effects in general.

Potential negative side effects you might see KY..

Gynecomastia. This is where the anti-aromatase drugs will come into play. Your dose of test will be low enough that you shouldn't have much estrogen conversion, and this shouldn't be a worry, but it's always a potential. This is something we'd monitor with your blood work, but also by feel. If it starts developing, you'll notice that your nipples are way more sensititve to the touch and that it's a little painful. If you notice this at all, that's when you'd pop that 10mg of Nolvadex that I mentioned you may need on cycle. Again, you shouldn't have an issue at all, espeically if I give you those Arimidex to try for your first bit, but if you do it's something we can easily control.

Cholesterol. Your bad cholesterol will increase, and your good cholesterol will decrease. Again, this will be minimal for you on a low dose, and something that can be managed through diet. Lots of fibers, healthy fats, and exercise should make this a non-issue. Brad can chime in on how his lipid profile has been affected by TRT if he wants to, I imagine it's not a problem for him or his doctor. If you have bad cholesterol genetically, we can manage this again through pretty easy stuff. Vitamin K2 +D3 will do wonders, along with red rice yeast, and ubiquinol.

Mood. Like the hairloss mentioned above, if you're an angry person, you may become more angry on Test. People like to toss the term roid rage around, but that's an overgeneralization and mostly untrue. I, myself, and a very laid back person, introverted, quiet, etc. I've also battled depression most of my life. On Test, I'm a much happier person, and I don't ever feel the need to use anti-depressants. My moods are actually more stable and my thoughts more rational. I have a heightened sense of well being and mental clarity. Most men report similar feelings, especially as they've aged and their natural test levels have declined. This will be up to you to think about how it'll affect you, since I don't know you IRL and don't know if you're hot headed and aggressive (you don't seem like it TBH).

Liver. Non-issue. If you were exploring oral steroids, this would be an issue, especially with potential liver damage already from your younger days, but as we're injecting this stuff, it goes directly into your bloodstream and there is no effect on your liver or kidneys at all.

Acne. Shouldn't be an issue. If you had bad acne as a youth going through puberty, you may break out a bit, but at a low dose like this, you shouldn't. It's never been a problem for me before, and I had acne pretty bad for a few years. I've recently started breaking out on my chest and shoulders, but I'm running 1g/week right now, almost 10x what we'll have you on. Even at 750mg/week I didn't have a problem. I just barely hit a point where it becomes an issue for me, and now I know not to run this high in the future.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:42 am
Mood. Like the hairloss mentioned above, if you're an angry person, you may become more angry on Test. People like to toss the term roid rage around, but that's an overgeneralization and mostly untrue. I, myself, and a very laid back person, introverted, quiet, etc. I've also battled depression most of my life. On Test, I'm a much happier person, and I don't ever feel the need to use anti-depressants. My moods are actually more stable and my thoughts more rational. I have a heightened sense of well being and mental clarity. Most men report similar feelings, especially as they've aged and their natural test levels have declined. This will be up to you to think about how it'll affect you, since I don't know you IRL and don't know if you're hot headed and aggressive (you don't seem like it TBH).

to expand on this...... most men feel great on testerone. Hell its a huge reason many people get on TRT to begin with. Its the comedown that is a bitch and makes you moody, and there's where the PCT drugs come in.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:09 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:42 am

to expand on this...... most men feel great on testerone. Hell its a huge reason many people get on TRT to begin with. Its the comedown that is a bitch and makes you moody, and there's where the PCT drugs come in.
:dat: I don't have low testosterone, and being on still makes me feel good. PCT can definitely make a huge difference in staying positive after coming off.