The Official Ski/Broboarder Thread

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Dbest wrote:While there is no such thing as a bad day on the mountain yesterday left a lot to be desired. Official snow stake at WP was 2" of fresh, MJ was actually closer to 5"-6" which was great. Fresh snow, good snow, blue skies, beautiful snow covered pines, everything just kinda sparkled as you went by from the beaming sunlight reflecting off the fresh snow flakes. Absolutely gorgeous day.... with crazy lift lines and jamb packed slopes. It was a beautiful disaster.
Damn right. Last night I skied ice, sugar, crust, and death cookies. Now that is a beautiful disaster. You just had beautiful. Fucking west coast snobs...
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote:WISP tomorrow
I had to look that one up.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote:
Thedude wrote: I had to look that one up.
Right on the edge between local and regional mountain. When wife was in WV we rode here every week. Foot or so of fresh today but I was drunk by the time it was apparent today would be good.
In CO you can actually get cited for skiing under the influence and get a 30 day ban.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

No skiing for me this year. Again.

Anyone wants to buy my skis, mang?
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:
Thedude wrote: Damn right. Last night I skied ice, sugar, crust, and death cookies. Now that is a beautiful disaster. You just had beautiful. Fucking west coast snobs...
The more ice the better.
:disgust:
Give me the corduroy.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: :disgust:
Give me the corduroy.
:pussy:
:dat:
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

Apex wrote::amazing:

What's the fastest you've gone on skis?
An even 70 mph (measured via corrected gps) on my all mountain 102mm waist rocker skis. It was way to sketchy to push it any harder on skis not at all designed with speed in mind.
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Thedude wrote:
Dbest wrote:While there is no such thing as a bad day on the mountain yesterday left a lot to be desired. Official snow stake at WP was 2" of fresh, MJ was actually closer to 5"-6" which was great. Fresh snow, good snow, blue skies, beautiful snow covered pines, everything just kinda sparkled as you went by from the beaming sunlight reflecting off the fresh snow flakes. Absolutely gorgeous day.... with crazy lift lines and jamb packed slopes. It was a beautiful disaster.
Damn right. Last night I skied ice, sugar, crust, and death cookies. Now that is a beautiful disaster. You just had beautiful. Fucking west coast snobs...
Wanting to actually ski instead of wait in lines is being a snob?

Trump needs to come over here and build a wall to keep people out of Colorado. Tourists are fuckin up my traffic, my parking, and my lift lines.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Dbest wrote:
Apex wrote::amazing:

What's the fastest you've gone on skis?
An even 70 mph (measured via corrected gps) on my all mountain 102mm waist rocker skis. It was way to sketchy to push it any harder on skis not at all designed with speed in mind.
:impressive:
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote:
Dbest wrote:

Trump needs to come over here and build a wall to keep people out of Colorado. Tourists are fuckin up my traffic, my parking, and my lift lines.
You just moved there. Poser.

Hey, it's been over 4 years! Besides, it's the Colorado way.
The "Pioneers" (they used to have special Pioneer plates for your car, in order to get them you had to provide proof that your family has been in Colorado for at least 100 years) bitch about the "natives" thinking they are something special. The "Naives" (anyone born in Colorado) bitch about the transplants. The "Transplants" bitch about the tourists. And literally everyone bitches about the Texans. It's the GTFO cycle of hate. When I moved here 4 years ago they were saying they expected the population of the front range to double over the next 10 years.

On a serious note we were just debating that topic the other day when I had a random realization. Colorado, specifically the Denver/Boulder region that I live in, is left leaning. The general populous is very liberal when it comes to social topics. Conservatives are awful, they don't respect people, their racist, etc etc etc. Yet at a local level I constantly hear natives talking crap about those who keep relocating here. Look how many people have bumper stickers on their car or hats and t-shirts announcing they are "Colorado Natives". It's crazy how often my Facebook feed pops up with "Colorado is closed" memes and to please stop moving here, or that weed is now legal in (insert name of state) so people can start moving there instead. There is a large number of people on our town's Facebook page that want to stop building more homes. They say there's now too many people and not enough infrastructure and retail, they want to stop accommodating the people that clearly want to be here because "we're losing our small town feel." I remember hearing that we shouldn't allow a proposed apartment complex because that wouldn't attract the type of people we want here, we want the type of people that have some financial stake in our community. Holy crap, what a bunch of fucking hypocrites. They are doing exactly what they speak out against, the same mentality they slam the right for... but it's ok because it's not against immigrants from other countries? Or do they turn a blind eye and flip when it actually affects them personally and that what makes it ok? The mentality these people have about their town, their community, their state is what they slam people for when they feel that way about their country. It's comical how widespread it is here.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Dbest wrote:
Thedude wrote: Damn right. Last night I skied ice, sugar, crust, and death cookies. Now that is a beautiful disaster. You just had beautiful. Fucking west coast snobs...

I agree. You should be entitled to all those things. And a case of beer.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote:
Thedude wrote: I agree. You should be entitled to all those things. And a case of beer.
Tourists built that state
Oh, who am I kidding... id be a total snob if I lived there haha
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

That's the spirit!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

All bunny hill antics with my 5 yr old. It was his first day on skis and I haven't been out for years. Feeling it now. Instructors were impossible to get so I did the teaching today. Twas fun!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Also I like what they did with the bunny hill lifts. I remember a rope and a stick attached that would beat you if you didn't hold on right. The rubber conveyor belt was 5/7
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Tarspin wrote:Also I like what they did with the bunny hill lifts. I remember a rope and a stick attached that would beat you if you didn't hold on right. The rubber conveyor belt was 5/7
Rubber conveyor belt aka "magic carpet"....

Kids love that name;)

----------

Some Monday night bumps in the rain at Blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

My brother will be at Wisp this weekend. Im pretty jealous that im going to miss out on everything.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I've got a set of skis but haven't made it out yet this year, been waiting for all the trails to get opened. I live 10 mins from blue. Elk is my favorite in Eastern PA and Seven Springs is my favorite in all of PA. Trying to make it up to Vermont this year too
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Hit Waterville Valley 3 times and Loon once during the holiday week. All around great conditions, especially with some fresh powder at Loon with it dumping snow all day!
The panda hath arrived.
Apex

Jaxper wrote:Hit Waterville Valley 3 times and Loon once during the holiday week. All around great conditions, especially with some fresh powder at Loon with it dumping snow all day!
:jelly:
Apex

On a :notbad: note, I found out I can get some discounted lift tickets thru a site at work. Night tickets for under $30 a piece? :fuckyeah:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Apex wrote:On a :notbad: note, I found out I can get some discounted lift tickets thru a site at work. Night tickets for under $30 a piece? :fuckyeah:

Come to Blue, $30 for sunday nights
Apex

dtraill27 wrote:
Apex wrote:On a :notbad: note, I found out I can get some discounted lift tickets thru a site at work. Night tickets for under $30 a piece? :fuckyeah:

Come to Blue, $30 for sunday nights
Blue is probably my favorite place to go locally. The gf and I need to get out a few times this year.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

From yesterday

Time on the mountain: 3 hours and 8 minutes
Lifts Up: 9
Max. Elevation: 12,697'
Min. Elevation: 9,678'
Total Vertical Skied: 14,601'
Distance Covered: 23.4 Miles
Max Speed: 58.7 mph

And expect some pow pics coming soon! I think I may ski every day for the rest of the week.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I need to move to Colorado. Don't get enough snow in the blessed lands