The Official Ski/Broboarder Thread

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:30 pm

Blue if I don't feel like driving.
Elk or Camelback if I do feel like driving.

They'll all do it at the mountain but they usually just run it through their crappy auto waxer thing and it takes a while. Blue is especially bad for waxing. They did a shit job last time I had them do it.
Nice, everything is about an hour and fifteen or so away from me but I love skiing at Blue.

Should be able to find a decent DIY on the youtube's for waxing. Need some scrapers and an iron you don't mind getting waxed up.
Elk is pretty much the best in this area IMO. But it's a fucking HIKE from Philly.
Camelback... I've been disappointed in. But it doesn't have the insane crowds of :derp: s that plague Blue.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Nice, everything is about an hour and fifteen or so away from me but I love skiing at Blue.

Should be able to find a decent DIY on the youtube's for waxing. Need some scrapers and an iron you don't mind getting waxed up.
Elk is pretty much the best in this area IMO. But it's a fucking HIKE from Philly.
Camelback... I've been disappointed in. But it doesn't have the insane crowds of :derp: s that plague Blue.
:derp: and :azn:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:30 pm

Blue if I don't feel like driving.
Elk or Camelback if I do feel like driving.

They'll all do it at the mountain but they usually just run it through their crappy auto waxer thing and it takes a while. Blue is especially bad for waxing. They did a shit job last time I had them do it.

:dat: I tune my snowboard myself. Bought a Dakine kit for like $50 4-5 years ago. Came with an iron, P-tex for base repairs, wax, bastard file, angled edge file, and buffing pads. I enjoy doing it myself :fap:
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:01 pm

:dat: I tune my snowboard myself. Bought a Dakine kit for like $50 4-5 years ago. Came with an iron, P-tex for base repairs, wax, bastard file, angled edge file, and buffing pads. I enjoy doing it myself :fap:
I usually wax myself and will bring my skis in every few years for a full tune-up.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:00 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Yeah. i.e. "people that sit in the middle of the trail with their snowboard not knowing what the F to do"
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Yeah. i.e. "people that sit in the middle of the trail with their snowboard not knowing what the F to do"
:disgust:

It brings me great joy to blast them in a nice coating of snow when they're doing that.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:03 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:01 pm

I usually wax myself and will bring my skis in every few years for a full tune-up.
I should get a DIY kit I guess. I only get a day or two heads up if I can go skiing. That's not usually enough time to get a tune up / wax job. Would be helpful if I could DIY. I think I have a 20% coupon for REI somewhere.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:03 pm

I should get a DIY kit I guess. I only get a day or two heads up if I can go skiing. That's not usually enough time to get a tune up / wax job. Would be helpful if I could DIY. I think I have a 20% coupon for REI somewhere.
:doit: it's a simple process, just take your time doing it.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:12 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pm

It brings me great joy to blast them in a nice coating of snow when they're doing that.
The worst is when you can't really see them because they're on the other side of a ridge/mound, or around a turn and you almost plow into them.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:16 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 pm

:waxer:
I haven't gone skiing in like 3 years.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:16 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:12 pm

The worst is when you can't really see them because they're on the other side of a ridge/mound, or around a turn and you almost plow into them.
People are stupid with where they leave themselves.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:17 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:16 pm

:waxer:
I haven't gone skiing in like 3 years.
Literally. :lolol:

I only got out a couple times last year and messed around with snowboarding. I have no faking clue of what to do with my feet strapped to the same board.
Johnny_P

Maybe I'll just stick to the MTB...
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:20 pm Maybe I'll just stick to the MTB...
:yeahok:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:16 pm

People are stupid with where they leave themselves.
Or when they sit at the top of a jump cause they wanted to see what it felt like to roll over one, but didn't carry enough speed to even do that.. or they aren't paying attention and ride sideways right in front of a jump as someone is dropping in on it... GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!!!!
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

It’s a been a bullshit start to winter out her, 60’s in December in Colorado!? Hell it was even t-shirts and hiking for Thanksgiving. We finally started getting some snow so I’m headed back up tomorrow morning.
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail