DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:37 pm :neat:

Since you brought up body fat... I’ve been contemplating posting this... not normally my thing to post topless pics but since :sawce: does, I figure I’d show off a bit of hard work on the lowering body fat front.

So here is my progress pic, definitely lost some strength but at least the home lifting seems to have maintained some definition, plus 20 pounds down in the past year:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude. Fantastic work. Fucking shredded.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:22 pm Moved my old scale to MX bought this thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6 ... UTF8&psc=1

It displays your body fat percentage simultaneously with your weight without having to look on a phone. I feel like the BFP thing will be a big motivator. Even if it's a wrong/inaccurate baseline, I would think it would track changes accurately.

CSB.
This is my feel on these things. Number is probably wrong, but as long as it’s the same % wrong every time, you can track changes, which is what we’re actually chasing. Nobody GAF what their actual body fat is, we just want to know we’re swinging the pendulum in the right direction and building lean mass while bulking and losing fat while dieting.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:37 pm :neat:

Since you brought up body fat... I’ve been contemplating posting this... not normally my thing to post topless pics but since :sawce: does, I figure I’d show off a bit of hard work on the lowering body fat front.

So here is my progress pic, definitely lost some strength but at least the home lifting seems to have maintained some definition, plus 20 pounds down in the past year:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's got to feel good! 5/7 would save money and skip the Maytag, launder clothes on abs.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:44 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:22 pm Moved my old scale to MX bought this thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6 ... UTF8&psc=1

It displays your body fat percentage simultaneously with your weight without having to look on a phone. I feel like the BFP thing will be a big motivator. Even if it's a wrong/inaccurate baseline, I would think it would track changes accurately.

CSB.
This is my feel on these things. Number is probably wrong, but as long as it’s the same % wrong every time, you can track changes, which is what we’re actually chasing. Nobody GAF what their actual body fat is, we just want to know we’re swinging the pendulum in the right direction and building lean mass while bulking and losing fat while dieting.
Agreed.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

This is my fourth week of prep. As of Saturday I had lost 8.4lbs. Expecting to lose another 2.5-3lbs this week. Will be interesting comparing pictures from the first week to the ones I take this weekend at the end of the fourth week. Abs definitely way more visible and waist is shrinking a bit as I lose some of the visceral fat that had built up around the organs in my abdomen.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:55 pm This is my fourth week of prep. As of Saturday I had lost 8.4lbs. Expecting to lose another 2.5-3lbs this week. Will be interesting comparing pictures from the first week to the ones I take this weekend at the end of the fourth week. Abs definitely way more visible and waist is shrinking a bit as I lose some of the visceral fat that had built up around the organs in my abdomen.
When is the show?
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:57 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:55 pm This is my fourth week of prep. As of Saturday I had lost 8.4lbs. Expecting to lose another 2.5-3lbs this week. Will be interesting comparing pictures from the first week to the ones I take this weekend at the end of the fourth week. Abs definitely way more visible and waist is shrinking a bit as I lose some of the visceral fat that had built up around the organs in my abdomen.
When is the show?
Either June 19 or June 26. Original plan was J26 in Palm Springs (Desertbreh gonna come oil me up?) since there weren’t any local shows, but then the week after I started prep the one on the 19th was announced here in San Diego. Much easier and cheaper to do a local show than travel, so hoping I’ll be ready a week early. We started 16 weeks out from the 26th show, so 15 weeks for the 19th should still be plenty of time. Here’s to hoping anyways.
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:35 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:57 pm

When is the show?
Either June 19 or June 26. Original plan was J26 in Palm Springs (Desertbreh gonna come oil me up?) since there weren’t any local shows, but then the week after I started prep the one on the 19th was announced here in San Diego. Much easier and cheaper to do a local show than travel, so hoping I’ll be ready a week early. We started 16 weeks out from the 26th show, so 15 weeks for the 19th should still be plenty of time. Here’s to hoping anyways.
False. Palm Springs is June 19 and SD show is June 12. Need to throw them on my calendar so I don’t keep making that mistake and time things wrong lol.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:31 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:35 pm

False. Palm Springs is June 19 and SD show is June 12. Need to throw them on my calendar so I don’t keep making that mistake and time things wrong lol.
You are doing both?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Hooked up the Junmai this morning. I will christen this scale Jun Mai, the angry old chinese woman screaming at me "You too fat, you too fat!!!!"

212.3 lbs, 21.7% BF. Let's see what we can do with those numbers.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:31 pm

You are doing both?
Possibly. Ideally I’ll just do SD, but we started planning for the later show in PS, so that’s what I’m on track for. If I’m ready for SD, I’ll do that. Then if I don’t place as well as I’d like, I may go do PS as well. If I’m not ready for SD then I’ll only do PS.

Also considering doing different divisions at the different shows and doing them both regardless. I currently compete in classic physique (posing in briefs and has a slightly different desired look), but may try my hand and open heavyweight bodybuilding (posing in thongs) at one of the shows.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:35 pm

You are doing both?
Possibly. Ideally I’ll just do SD, but we started planning for the later show in PS, so that’s what I’m on track for. If I’m ready for SD, I’ll do that. Then if I don’t place as well as I’d like, I may go do PS as well. If I’m not ready for SD then I’ll only do PS.

Also considering doing different divisions at the different shows and doing them both regardless. I currently compete in classic physique (posing in briefs and has a slightly different desired look), but may try my hand and open heavyweight bodybuilding (posing in thongs) at one of the shows.
Dat :sawce: banana hammock.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Apex wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Dem :datass: striations, doe.
SAWCE

:sissyfight:
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:02 pm

Dem :datass: striations, doe.
One day I’ll share a picture of the striated glutes. They weren’t too crazy, but hoping this time around they get a little more grainy. Mo’ massle should mean I can lose even mo’ fat or at least have the same quantity of fat which would be a lower %.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

You are doing both?

I have zero expertise here obviously... but it seems like after all of the work bulking and then cutting, doing two shows would be kinda :neat: , especially if you can hop in different categories or place differently.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

IMO it'd be a waste to do all of that work and only do men's physique. Stupid board shorts. At least in Classic Physique you wear some short trunks to show off them thighs you worked your tail off for years to build.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:09 pm

I have zero expertise here obviously... but it seems like after all of the work bulking and then cutting, doing two shows would be kinda :neat: , especially if you can hop in different categories or place differently.
That’s kind of my thought. Might as well showcase the hard work as much as possible, and try to place better/qualify for a national show. It’s just pricey:
$125 to register for the show
$130 spray tanning at the show
$80 if you want the professional stage photos

Then since that one is out of town, add Airbnb for at least one night, gas, etc.

May just hire a photographer and do my own photo shoot at the beach / around SD to capture shit after whichever show I do. We’ll see. Still have time to decide.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:18 pm IMO it'd be a waste to do all of that work and only do men's physique. Stupid board shorts. At least in Classic Physique you wear some short trunks to show off them thighs you worked your tail off for years to build.
Yeah fuck men’s physique. No board shorts here. I don’t have the biggest legs, but they’re not too undersized compared to my upper body, and they get super lean, so it balances out alright with them not being the biggest. Legs and arms still my weak points for sure though. Goddamn tall ass frame :lol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:21 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:18 pm IMO it'd be a waste to do all of that work and only do men's physique. Stupid board shorts. At least in Classic Physique you wear some short trunks to show off them thighs you worked your tail off for years to build.
Yeah fuck men’s physique. No board shorts here. I don’t have the biggest legs, but they’re not too undersized compared to my upper body, and they get super lean, so it balances out alright with them not being the biggest. Legs and arms still my weak points for sure though. Goddamn tall ass frame :lol:
If I was ever to compete in bodybuilding I'd demand they create a new class for me called legbuilding and just wear a potato sack over my whole upper body. Dem thighs are the only part of me I can get to grow. :lolol:
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:35 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:21 pm

If I was ever to compete in bodybuilding I'd demand they create a new class for me called legbuilding and just wear a potato sack over my whole upper body. Dem thighs are the only part of me I can get to grow. :lolol:
:lolol: gimme some of those genetics.
SAWCE

16 weeks out to 12 weeks out. 12lbs lost in 4 weeks. Leaning out quite nicely. Will definitely be lighter than I hoped for this show, but still much improved from the last.

Last show, to hitting the same pose in my current condition. Gainz are visible :fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:53 pm Image

16 weeks out to 12 weeks out. 12lbs lost in 4 weeks. Leaning out quite nicely. Will definitely be lighter than I hoped for this show, but still much improved from the last.

Last show, to hitting the same pose in my current condition. Gainz are visible :fuckyeah:
I see drastic improvement, great job dude! You must look like a beast IRL
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:30 pm

I see drastic improvement, great job dude! You must look like a beast IRL
Thanks man!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:53 pm Image

We have moved from Coast Guard frigate to Iowa Class battleship guns.