DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:53 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Thanks man. These are the first pictures I’ve seen where I felt like they look big. I think with how tall I am I need to break 20” to really get the look I want.

I think the biggest problem with them I see is from the side. My shoulders are internally rotated a bit, so the bicep peak is hidden and points in towards my ribs rather than facing the same way as my body. Need to start working on correcting that rotation and then they should look bigger in day to day life.
What your really need is some 24 inch pythons, brother!
:dat: Then he can have matching :massles: and :dedong:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:33 pm
Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:53 am

What your really need is some 24 inch pythons, brother!
:dat: Then he can have matching :massles: and :dedong:
:lolol: skipped the :alpo: and went straight for the fucking food bowl.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I’ve been running a good bit, something like 15 miles a week or so.

For weight work I started doing this a couple weeks ago, despite getting the link from a Facebook thing, and the man-bun on the model.

https://www.menshealth.com/uk/workouts/ ... e=facebook

It’s a nice quick workout that actually feels like one and just needs dumbbells. Obviously not going to bulk up, but seems to do a good job hitting a lot of the upper body. I am not doing 100 reps of anything yet, btw. Up to 60 for some.
:therapist:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Calvinball wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:58 pm I’ve been running a good bit, something like 15 miles a week or so.

For weight work I started doing this a couple weeks ago, despite getting the link from a Facebook thing, and the man-bun on the model.

It’s a nice quick workout that actually feels like one and just needs dumbbells. Obviously not going to bulk up, but seems to do a good job hitting a lot of the upper body. I am not doing 100 reps of anything yet, btw. Up to 60 for some.
Bookmarked. I am pretty bored with the lifting routine so I'll give this a go. What weight dumbbells are you using? Also, you just do one set of (as close to) 100 for each exercise? Sees quite time efficient. How many days/week are you doing this?
Calvinball

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:19 pm
Calvinball wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:58 pm I’ve been running a good bit, something like 15 miles a week or so.

Bookmarked. I am pretty bored with the lifting routine so I'll give this a go. What weight dumbbells are you using? Also, you just do one set of (as close to) 100 for each exercise? Sees quite time efficient. How many days/week are you doing this?
A couple. Some of the exercises I am going straight through with one set, others I’m not. For some it’s because I want to start off easy and not aggravate a shoulder, other times it’s because I’m mixing up doing this with a 30 lb vs 15, obviously going for more reps straight through with the 15s.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I did that workout again this morning. Monday I had hit my elbow the previous day wrenching so I had to skip some things and mix up the routine a bit.

Today I hit all hunnit on everything other than the first exercise, dumbbell snatch. I really don't want super sore legs again, so I just did 60 of those, three sets of 20 alternated with pull ups. For the rest it took anywhere from 1-7 sets to get all 100. Funny thing is, the push up deals took me the most sets. I can do 100 push ups in two sets pretty easily normally, but that version is much harder than you'd expect.

It is a pretty cool full body workout though.

Snatch - 3X20
Pull ups: 1X16, 1X14
Chin ups: 1X15, 1X16
Dummbell Cleans - 1X60, 1X40
See-saw press- 1X60, 1X40
Renegade plank row: 1X40, 1X40, 1X35
Press Up - 7X14ish (as high as 24, as little as 11)
Bent over row: 1X100
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

All of that with 20s, as that's what I have. I actually picked up some bands that should be coming in today. I decided I am not willing to risk joining Planet Fitness, just not worth it with the 'VID, so I figure having different options at home will be nice. Bands will allow some indoor stuff once it's freezing.
SAWCE

Coming off the super supps for a little bit. 10-12 weeks. Give my body a break and let my receptors recover and reset a bit. Got up to a final weight of 254lbs. Pretty fucking stoked. I’ll lose some water weight for sure, but going to keep my intensity up in the gym and keep my meals even more strict to avoid losing muscle mass. Hopefully at the end of this off period I’m still 245-250 range. I’ll get back on in December, eat big and train hard for a few months to start growing again, and then we’ll pick out a show for late spring-early summer of next year and start another 16 week prep some time late January to early March.

Progress pic sent to my coach last Saturday:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am Coming off the super supps for a little bit. 10-12 weeks. Give my body a break and let my receptors recover and reset a bit. Got up to a final weight of 254lbs. Pretty fucking stoked. I’ll lose some water weight for sure, but going to keep my intensity up in the gym and keep my meals even more strict to avoid losing muscle mass. Hopefully at the end of this off period I’m still 245-250 range. I’ll get back on in December, eat big and train hard for a few months to start growing again, and then we’ll pick out a show for late spring-early summer of next year and start another 16 week prep some time late January to early March.

:nice:

254 pounds is fucking nuts. Are you now clinically obese with like 10% body fat? :lolol:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:10 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am Coming off the super supps for a little bit. 10-12 weeks. Give my body a break and let my receptors recover and reset a bit. Got up to a final weight of 254lbs. Pretty fucking stoked. I’ll lose some water weight for sure, but going to keep my intensity up in the gym and keep my meals even more strict to avoid losing muscle mass. Hopefully at the end of this off period I’m still 245-250 range. I’ll get back on in December, eat big and train hard for a few months to start growing again, and then we’ll pick out a show for late spring-early summer of next year and start another 16 week prep some time late January to early March.

:nice:

254 pounds is fucking nuts. Are you now clinically obese with like 10% body fat? :lolol:
32.6 BMI :lolol: :fatty:

I’m guesstimating my bf% to be around 15 or so looking at pictures. Puts me at a decent spot for competing. My weight limit is 230lbs on stage.. 15% of 254 is 38, taking me down to 216lbs, but you never get completely fat free, so let’s say I’ll be 225 on stage with about 9lb of fat on my body or about 3.5% bf :notbad:

Can’t wait to see how I look on stage with an extra 30-40lbs from my last competition
Calvinball

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:22 am I did that workout again this morning. Monday I had hit my elbow the previous day wrenching so I had to skip some things and mix up the routine a bit.

Today I hit all hunnit on everything other than the first exercise, dumbbell snatch. I really don't want super sore legs again, so I just did 60 of those, three sets of 20 alternated with pull ups. For the rest it took anywhere from 1-7 sets to get all 100. Funny thing is, the push up deals took me the most sets. I can do 100 push ups in two sets pretty easily normally, but that version is much harder than you'd expect.

It is a pretty cool full body workout though.

Snatch - 3X20
Pull ups: 1X16, 1X14
Chin ups: 1X15, 1X16
Dummbell Cleans - 1X60, 1X40
See-saw press- 1X60, 1X40
Renegade plank row: 1X40, 1X40, 1X35
Press Up - 7X14ish (as high as 24, as little as 11)
Bent over row: 1X100
Ditto for me with the deep pushups, I can do way more normal pushups than I can with these.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Hit the gym today for the first time since March. They have a reservation system and I scoped it out yesterday for COVID. Went in at 6:30, there was nobody within 20 feet of me the whole time. Still, there were guys with masks under the nose because man its inconvenient to wear a full mask when working out and really who will notice? Douchebags. I did all my bike and stretching out of the gym. 30 minutes in and out, 5 sets of goblet squats and 5 sets of leg press. Legs are trashed today, gonna be worse tomorrow. Feelz gud.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:46 pm Hit the gym today for the first time since March. They have a reservation system and I scoped it out yesterday for COVID. Went in at 6:30, there was nobody within 20 feet of me the whole time. Still, there were guys with masks under the nose because man its inconvenient to wear a full mask when working out and really who will notice? Douchebags. I did all my bike and stretching out of the gym. 30 minutes in and out, 5 sets of goblet squats and 5 sets of leg press. Legs are trashed today, gonna be worse tomorrow. Feelz gud.
:nice: They just opened up here as well. I am :notsure: :doe: , I probably won't bother joining until the 'VID is done in 10 years. For now my home/park lifting + cycling is it. I am sure my strength has taken a big dive, fortunately I haven't taken on the cyclist physique (at least not yet). Currently at 177 pounds :doe: ... anti- :sawce:
Calvinball

I’ve definitely lost muscle. Not happy about it but I won’t be going to a gym any time soon.
SAWCE

I haven’t felt unsafe in my gym at all. I’d say people there, at mine at least, are better about wearing the masks than what I see in the general public. Everyone being good about wiping equipment down after using it too. Doesn’t mean the threat isn’t there, so I totally understand why some of you have reservations, but I haven’t seen anything that would personally keep me away.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Last time I stopped by my gym not a single person in there was wearing a mask except for the front desk guy, and he had it down below his chin. Ahhhhhh Trump country.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Calvinball wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:49 am I’ve definitely lost muscle. Not happy about it but I won’t be going to a gym any time soon.
My legs are loaded with lactic acid this morning. It feels fantastic.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:07 am I haven’t felt unsafe in my gym at all. I’d say people there, at mine at least, are better about wearing the masks than what I see in the general public. Everyone being good about wiping equipment down after using it too. Doesn’t mean the threat isn’t there, so I totally understand why some of you have reservations, but I haven’t seen anything that would personally keep me away.
You would justify going to the gym if Trump was in there bloviating in it.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:26 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:07 am I haven’t felt unsafe in my gym at all. I’d say people there, at mine at least, are better about wearing the masks than what I see in the general public. Everyone being good about wiping equipment down after using it too. Doesn’t mean the threat isn’t there, so I totally understand why some of you have reservations, but I haven’t seen anything that would personally keep me away.
You would justify going to the gym if Trump was in there bloviating in it.
I mean, I’d probably drive to a different gym at that point, but yeah... overall :notwrong:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Been hitting that "Bank Holiday Workout" Will linked up about once or twice a week and then doing some other at home/at the park lifts with pull up bar, dumb bells, and bands. Overall :notbad: I seem to actually be maintaining some muscle based on looks despite being down 10ish pounds from cycling. I have gotten occasional knee pain recently from running :doe: , which I suspect is due to not doing squats/dead lifts :disappoint:

:iono: once it gets cold here I may consider starting up at a gym again.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:10 pm Been hitting that "Bank Holiday Workout" Will linked up about once or twice a week and then doing some other at home/at the park lifts with pull up bar, dumb bells, and bands. Overall :notbad: I seem to actually be maintaining some muscle based on looks despite being down 10ish pounds from cycling. I have gotten occasional knee pain recently from running :doe: , which I suspect is due to not doing squats/dead lifts :disappoint:

:iono: once it gets cold here I may consider starting up at a gym again.
:doit:
SAWCE

I’ve got another week or so left of being off gear. Managed to maintain my weight right about 250lbs, down from a peak of almost 255lbs right before I got off. I was expecting to drop way more, so I’m pretty :fuckyeah: After I get back on, I’ll basically have all of November and then December plus a few months at the beginning of the year before I start prepping for a show. Next years schedule should be announced soon, and I’m hoping to find something local in late June or early July. That would have prep starting the beginning of March. In the four or so months between now and then once I’m back on gear I’m hoping to push my weight up to 260-265lbs. Hopefully wind up around 215-225 when I’m on stage.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:27 pm I’ve got another week or so left of being off gear. Managed to maintain my weight right about 250lbs, down from a peak of almost 255lbs right before I got off. I was expecting to drop way more, so I’m pretty :fuckyeah: After I get back on, I’ll basically have all of November and then December plus a few months at the beginning of the year before I start prepping for a show. Next years schedule should be announced soon, and I’m hoping to find something local in late June or early July. That would have prep starting the beginning of March. In the four or so months between now and then once I’m back on gear I’m hoping to push my weight up to 260-265lbs. Hopefully wind up around 215-225 when I’m on stage.
YUGE. That is nuts, I can't imagine being 265, you will be almost 100 pounds more than me at that point :lolol: :impressive:

I actually feel pretty great here at 175-180.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:34 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:27 pm I’ve got another week or so left of being off gear. Managed to maintain my weight right about 250lbs, down from a peak of almost 255lbs right before I got off. I was expecting to drop way more, so I’m pretty :fuckyeah: After I get back on, I’ll basically have all of November and then December plus a few months at the beginning of the year before I start prepping for a show. Next years schedule should be announced soon, and I’m hoping to find something local in late June or early July. That would have prep starting the beginning of March. In the four or so months between now and then once I’m back on gear I’m hoping to push my weight up to 260-265lbs. Hopefully wind up around 215-225 when I’m on stage.
YUGE. That is nuts, I can't imagine being 265, you will be almost 100 pounds more than me at that point :lolol: :impressive:

I actually feel pretty great here at 175-180.
It’s pretty crazy man. I definitely never thought I’d be this big when I started. After the show next year I want to get back up to 250lbs but stay under 10% body fat. From there I’ll probably just maintain that look/size.

Back pic was post-back workout ~2 weeks ago, and the second one is post-chest workout from the beginning of the month.
SAWCE

Brethren, shredding season is upon us.

I weighed in at 256lbs last week for my all-time high weight. Coach sent me my new plan to start cutting weight and re-sensitize my body to carbs. We pulled about 1200cals out of my daily plan, and I stopped eating so many damn cheat meals.. only doing one a week now. This morning I weighed in at 249.6. Quick little 6.5lb drop in a week. Almost all water weight for sure.

Finally remembered to take some measurements this morning too to compare to the start of last year.
SAWCE wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:29 pm Took my measurements this morning.

Broceps are the biggest and most symmetrical they’ve been, both clocking in at just about 17.25”
Forearms 13.5 and 14”
Thighs 26 and 26.75”
Calves 17 and 17.25”
Shoulders were 53” around (this was my one unflexed measurement)
Chest/lats 49.5”
Then to check body fat as I go back to bulking my stomach was 36.25” and waist was 35.25”
Hips were 41.75” so we’ll see if I can keep growing :datass:
Neck at 17”. I’ve dabbled in neck training before, but it’s largely untrained, so it should be able to grow relatively quickly.

Smaller measurement for each body part is the left side.
Forearms are clocking in exactly the same, which is :disappoint: I need to actually emphasize training them this year.
Biceps grew ~1” and both are clocking in at 18” now.
Thighs both grew ~1.5” and are 28” (right side) and 27.75” (left side)
Calves up about 3/4” to 17.75” each.
2.5” of fat on my stomach :lol: up to 38.75” right now with my waist sitting at 36.5”.
Hip measurement up 2” to 43.5”. :datass:

I’ll have michelle measure my shoulders and chest/back when she gets home.

Not exactly where I wanted to be, but considering gyms were closed for several months and I was having to workout around a weird injury in my quad, I’m generally happy with it.

Current look at 249.6: