DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:52 pm Knee Sleeves. How many of you guys use them? Any brand recommendations?

Discuss.
I use them, and recommend them. They’re going to keep your knees warm between sets, promote blood flow, plus add a few pounds to your lift.

I use Iron Rebel brand. They offer a sport version and a performance version. IIRC they are the same 7ply construction, but one is 2cm longer (30 vs 28). There may be more differences than that, but that was what stood out to me as the obvious difference. I went for the longer pair, being a taller dood.

Measuring is important. I probably could have gone up a size and been fine. The XL fits my knees fine, but barely make it over my calves.

This brand is pricey, but the quality seems to be there to back it up. There are coupon codes for 5-10% off floating around that I could snag for you if you decide to pull the trigger.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:52 pm Knee Sleeves. How many of you guys use them? Any brand recommendations?

Discuss.
I use them, and recommend them. They’re going to keep your knees warm between sets, promote blood flow, plus add a few pounds to your lift.

I use Iron Rebel brand. They offer a sport version and a performance version. IIRC they are the same 7ply construction, but one is 2cm longer (30 vs 28). There may be more differences than that, but that was what stood out to me as the obvious difference. I went for the longer pair, being a taller dood.

Measuring is important. I probably could have gone up a size and been fine. The XL fits my knees fine, but barely make it over my calves.

This brand is pricey, but the quality seems to be there to back it up. There are coupon codes for 5-10% off floating around that I could snag for you if you decide to pull the trigger.
Nice. I'll check it out.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Decided to swallow my ego/pride and go back down to 495 for my rack pulls. Jumping from there to 455 was a fun idea, but not smart. Smashed 495 today, so I’ll move up to 415 next week and slowly work my way back up to the 455.

Smith machine barbell rows were moving :nice: today as my first lift. 285 for all four sets of 10 and felt good on the last set so pulled two extra reps.

Got asked if I’m a power lifter by one of the bigger dudes in the gym. :notsure: if that means I like strong or fat doe :lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

another deload workout.... i didnt even break a sweat. This is highly unusual for me.... I can think about working out and start sweating. Pros, no shower needed after, but left with a feeling of :butwhy: for even working out.

oh well. Next week we will start the 3 week long process of ADD FAHVE MORE POUNDS (10 for lower bod)
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:57 am
D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 am Nice work bros. Haven’t checked in here forever, but sounds like some good strength is being added. I’ve been ticking away at it and feeling good, haven’t had any back issues in quite some time and I’ve been slowly bringing back up my DLs and working in front squats as Sawce suggested.

Curious if anyone has any tips for moderate elbow discomfort. I can tell it’s derived from lifting but hard to specify what exactly.
Is it like tendinitis, or not that bad?

Forearm/grip work may help a bit. If it only happens on presses or heavy tricep moves, you could look at elbow sleeves.
I don’t think it’s tendinitis, it isn’t bad, just some moderate discomfort. I don’t really mind living with it, just don’t want to fuck up my joints, was curious if there are exercises/supplements/foods or whatever to support joint strength and health.

My grip is pretty good as I do hanging leg raises pretty much every work out, plus dead lift and other stuff.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 pm Decided to swallow my ego/pride and go back down to 495 for my rack pulls. Jumping from there to 455 was a fun idea, but not smart. Smashed 495 today, so I’ll move up to 415 next week and slowly work my way back up to the 455.

Smith machine barbell rows were moving :nice: today as my first lift. 285 for all four sets of 10 and felt good on the last set so pulled two extra reps.

Got asked if I’m a power lifter by one of the bigger dudes in the gym. :notsure: if that means I like strong or fat doe :lol:
Probably just because you’re throwing around serious weight on barbells. I mean, that is what power lifting is, regardless of what you identify as. IMO you are a body builder and a power lifter.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 pm Decided to swallow my ego/pride and go back down to 495 for my rack pulls. Jumping from there to 455 was a fun idea, but not smart. Smashed 495 today, so I’ll move up to 415 next week and slowly work my way back up to the 455.

I mean...body builders are just powerlifters that cut weight really well, right?
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:47 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:57 am

Is it like tendinitis, or not that bad?

Forearm/grip work may help a bit. If it only happens on presses or heavy tricep moves, you could look at elbow sleeves.
I don’t think it’s tendinitis, it isn’t bad, just some moderate discomfort. I don’t really mind living with it, just don’t want to fuck up my joints, was curious if there are exercises/supplements/foods or whatever to support joint strength and health.

My grip is pretty good as I do hanging leg raises pretty much every work out, plus dead lift and other stuff.
If it’s joint pain, supplementing with fish oil or a joint specific product can help. I’d skip glucosamine and chondriton or whatever all the old products had as I believe those were recently shown to do nothing over a placebo. Turmeric/curcumin is a good anti-inflammatory and my help too if you want to stick to natural stuff. Just make sure that the product you get has the black pepper extract pepperine or whatever because it makes the curcumin much more bio-available.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Probably just because you’re throwing around serious weight on barbells. I mean, that is what power lifting is, regardless of what you identify as. IMO you are a body builder and a power lifter.
:wub:
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:08 pm

I mean...body builders are just powerlifters that cut weight really well, right?
:wub:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

315 X 3 this morning, good form, moving up next cycle
Weight cut to 221.

Goal: Weight 195, DL 405. Eating lots of Salmon and Quinoa boys.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:52 pm 315 X 3 this morning, good form, moving up next cycle
Weight cut to 221.

Don't forget the steak and eggs.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:52 pm 315 X 3 this morning, good form, moving up next cycle
Weight cut to 221.

Steak packs it on, but doesn't take it off.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Weight cut to 221.

Nice!
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:34 am

well i don't really have a target body group day, i just have "days i lift"

new order was
seated rows 180 x10x3, but reduced weight to 160 for last set
dumbell chest flys 35 x10x3
deads 155 x5x4
upright rows 155x10
squats 135x10x3
inclined BP (since dude was hogging regular BP) 145 x10x2
regular bp 135 x10
dumbell shoulder press 35x10
dumbell curl 35x10
tricep pulldown 190 x10

look at that date, I've come quite a long way.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:23 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:34 am

well i don't really have a target body group day, i just have "days i lift"

new order was
seated rows 180 x10x3, but reduced weight to 160 for last set
dumbell chest flys 35 x10x3
deads 155 x5x4
upright rows 155x10
squats 135x10x3
inclined BP (since dude was hogging regular BP) 145 x10x2
regular bp 135 x10
dumbell shoulder press 35x10
dumbell curl 35x10
tricep pulldown 190 x10

look at that date, I've come quite a long way.
Strong like bull is the long game man.
SAWCE

Weight cut to 221.

Any reason for quinoa instead of some nice white rice?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Weight cut to 221.

Variety I guess. Perception that it is healthier. I await your pro tip.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:36 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Variety I guess. Perception that it is healthier. I await your pro tip.
It may have a few more micro nutrients since it’s pretty unprocessed, but most white rice is going to be fortified by vitamins anyways.

I’d have to look at quinoa more closely, but I suspect the shell is going to be similar to the shell on brown rice which is loaded with phytates which actually block the absorption of said vitamins and can hinder protein uptake as well.

If you’re looking to feel more sated than white rice may leave you, potatoes are a great diet food and you’ll get as many carbs as a cup of rice from 8oz of a baked white potato which is going to be much more filling and digest much slower.

White rice, white potato, oats, and sweet potatoes are the carbs of choice for athletes.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:56 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03 pm

:notsure: since that's an old school bodybuilding diet for fat loss.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:05 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:56 pm

:notsure: since that's an old school bodybuilding diet for fat loss.
It may be but my personal results are better with poultry and fish than beef and pork.
SAWCE

Poultry and fish are going to be lower fat than beef and pork. Can still lose weight on the beef and pork, but requires pulling fats from other food sources in your diet, or pulling carbs. You also have to eat more of those meats to hit your protein thresholds since a higher percentage of their weight is made up of fat.

At my leanest for my contest last year I was eating 8oz of 93% lean ground beef, and 3 or 6 eggs every day, but YMMV based on your metabolism and activity level.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:01 pm Poultry and fish are going to be lower fat than beef and pork. Can still lose weight on the beef and pork, but requires pulling fats from other food sources in your diet, or pulling carbs. You also have to eat more of those meats to hit your protein thresholds since a higher percentage of their weight is made up of fat.

At my leanest for my contest last year I was eating 8oz of 93% lean ground beef, and 3 or 6 eggs every day, but YMMV based on your metabolism and activity level.
Both of which suck compared to yours I fly a desk, I'm 50, and my thyroid does not pump out the thunder. But I'm listening. Part of this is my chick is seeing a dietician for some inflammation issues......we are on a limited diet in terms of what we can eat (I'm cooking, being supportive) while we slowly re-introduce things to check for how it affects her.

Here's the permitted Brotein: Turkey, Venison, Lamb, Chicken, Salmon., Sole, Clam, Cod, Pinto Beans, Mung Beans, Lentils.
I ordered Venision Tenderloin :waxer: expensive and ground venison. I love it, always have, she likes the Tloin but :disgust: on the ground.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:01 pm Poultry and fish are going to be lower fat than beef and pork. Can still lose weight on the beef and pork, but requires pulling fats from other food sources in your diet, or pulling carbs. You also have to eat more of those meats to hit your protein thresholds since a higher percentage of their weight is made up of fat.

Both of which suck compared to yours I fly a desk, I'm 50, and my thyroid does not pump out the thunder. But I'm listening. Part of this is my chick is seeing a dietician for some inflammation issues......we are on a limited diet in terms of what we can eat (I'm cooking, being supportive) while we slowly re-introduce things to check for how it affects her.

Here's the permitted Brotein: Turkey, Venison, Lamb, Chicken, Salmon., Sole, Clam, Cod, Pinto Beans, Mung Beans, Lentils.
I ordered Venision Tenderloin :waxer: expensive and ground venison. I love it, always have, she likes the Tloin but :disgust: on the ground.
:notbad: I enjoyed venison the few times I ate some that my uncles had killed.

Red meat and eggs definitely aren’t a must.

Using iodized salt on your food to help support thyroid function? If not, add some in. Iodine deficiencies are a huge cause of thyroid issues, and most people don’t realize that and thought they were being healthy by cutting out salt or buying fancy pink Himalayan shit.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:13 pm

:notbad: I enjoyed venison the few times I ate some that my uncles had killed.

Red meat and eggs definitely aren’t a must.

Using iodized salt on your food to help support thyroid function? If not, add some in. Iodine deficiencies are a huge cause of thyroid issues, and most people don’t realize that and thought they were being healthy by cutting out salt or buying fancy pink Himalayan shit.
I use Morton Kosher Salt, which is not Iodized.