DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:40 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:29 pm

:notbad: I enjoyed venison the few times I ate some that my uncles had killed.

Red meat and eggs definitely aren’t a must.

Using iodized salt on your food to help support thyroid function? If not, add some in. Iodine deficiencies are a huge cause of thyroid issues, and most people don’t realize that and thought they were being healthy by cutting out salt or buying fancy pink Himalayan shit.
I use Morton Kosher Salt, which is not Iodized.
Grab the next can over. Morton’s iodized salt. 50 going on 15 :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:44 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:40 pm

I use Morton Kosher Salt, which is not Iodized.
Hmm. Did not realize this.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:51 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Hmm. Did not realize this.
If you’re due for bloodwork soon you can ask them if they can check your iodine level. But I’ll bet by just adding it in the next time you get bloodwork done you’ll see a better thyroid function.
SAWCE

Shoulder felt a bit better today doing my presses. Threw an extra 10lbs on the hammer machine I use. Lost some reps from last week, but I’m still well above my rep goal. Compound movements like that I target sets of 8 to 10 reps. Shoulders are an area that I know I personally respond a bit better with higher volume sets, so I backed down on weight a few weeks ago, and I’m taking every set to technical failure so get higher reps instead of stopping at 10. Today I had 2 plates on each side of the machine and hit 17, 12,11,10 then did a drop set on that last one with a single plate on each side and banged out 12 more reps with that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

White rice is so much better than quinoa. It's really funny when you compare nutrition of white rice to brown rice or other fad grains that are no better in any way other than marketing... and white rice is actually enjoyable to eat.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Speaking of... I've been eating like shit recently, really need to do better with this.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Started cycle 6 this week and beat my rep goals for squat and bench.
In three weeks I'll pull 350 on deadlifts and officially be out of weight to put on the bar.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:41 am Started cycle 6 this week and beat my rep goals for squat and bench.
In three weeks I'll pull 350 on deadlifts and officially be out of weight to put on the bar.
Time to crangslist some 45s...
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:41 am Started cycle 6 this week and beat my rep goals for squat and bench.
:nice:
SAWCE

Fuck meeeeeee.

Lower back is a bit tweaked from sitting in shitty chairs on the beach at that concert on Sunday. Felt it rack deadlifting Monday, so decided not to squat today. Instead I did all unilateral (single leg) work.

Started with leg press. 3 plates each side, 12 reps each leg, rest, repeat. Did 4 sets of that. 5th set I went down to 2 plates per side and just alternated legs with no rest, 12 reps each. Went back and forth 3 times, then on the 4th when I didn’t think I could get another 12 with a single leg, I hit it with both legs for a final 12 reps.

Wanted to call the workout after that, but pushed on and hit Bulgarian split squats, single legs extensions, then lunges. Dead.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Week 2's of 531 are boring. Hit 205 on the BP for 8 when shooting for 9 and squated 325 for 7 when shooting for 7. Finished up with some volume work on the BP and squat.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Week 3, more PR's 215 on the BP for 5, was aiming for 7 but no bueno. 340 on the squat for 6, was aiming for 6. Last one was pretty ugly :doe:

Thursday I aim to pull 350. Then I will need to buy more weights.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 am Week 3, more PR's 215 on the BP for 5, was aiming for 7 but no bueno. 340 on the squat for 6, was aiming for 6. Last one was pretty ugly :doe:

Thursday I aim to pull 350. Then I will need to buy more weights.
:nice:
SAWCE

Skipped rack deads yesterday. Dude got on the rack just as I was ready for it, so figured I’d throw them in at the end of my workout as a finisher rather than wait around. Came back to them and hit a few warm up sets but my lower back was not happy with them so I called it a CNS deload day and Walked away from them before I hurt myself.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Personal record at 135 on the press, and 350 on deadlift. I'm officially out of weight to put on the bar.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:28 am Personal record at 135 on the press, and 350 on deadlift. I'm officially out of weight to put on the bar.
Nice work. I just failed on my first DL attempt at 325. Weight cut to 216 doe.

Part of the problem was grip, only bar available was a little fatter than the usual.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:46 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:28 am Personal record at 135 on the press, and 350 on deadlift. I'm officially out of weight to put on the bar.

Part of the problem was grip, only bar available was a little fatter than the usual.
Fat bars always fuck me up. Might be time for you to get some wrist wraps. No reason to let your grip strength limit you back workout.

I typically wrap up for anything over 315lbs when I’m going for reps
SAWCE

Rocked my squats last night. The anadrol is pushing my strength up for sure. Last week I got 10,9,8,7. Yesterday I smashed out all four sets with 10 reps.

Went in today for shoulders, but forgot the gym was closing at 2, so I only got half an hour there. Neighbor stopped me on my way over to talk about lifting and ask me about gear :lolol: finished up the workout at home with some bands.

Had this spinning on on record player while I lifted in the living room:

5/7
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Fat bars always fuck me up. Might be time for you to get some wrist wraps. No reason to let your grip strength limit you back workout.

I bought some wrist wraps but I keep holding off until I need them.....I needed them. I deadlift with my left hand under the bar and the right hand over......but one of those doesn't wrap very well I forget which.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:12 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:34 pm

I bought some wrist wraps but I keep holding off until I need them.....I needed them. I deadlift with my left hand under the bar and the right hand over......but one of those doesn't wrap very well I forget which.
Don’t remember if we’ve talked about this before.. if you always pull with one hand under and the other over, you’ll develop some imbalances. The underhand arm is also at a higher risk of a torn bicep, especially as your deadlifts get heavier.

If you’re going to do a staggered grip like that, alternate which arm is over and under either every set to new things balanced, or at the very least alternate them every workout.

What I’d recommend is doing all your warm up sets with both hands taking an overhand grip, then when your grip starts to fail either start staggering the grip and alternating each set or using the wrist wraps instead.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:01 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:12 pm

Don’t remember if we’ve talked about this before.. if you always pull with one hand under and the other over, you’ll develop some imbalances. The underhand arm is also at a higher risk of a torn bicep, especially as your deadlifts get heavier.

If you’re going to do a staggered grip like that, alternate which arm is over and under either every set to new things balanced, or at the very least alternate them every workout.

What I’d recommend is doing all your warm up sets with both hands taking an overhand grip, then when your grip starts to fail either start staggering the grip and alternating each set or using the wrist wraps instead.
Makes sense. Will make the switch to double overhand.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

There is always the hook grip too, if you don’t want straps nor staggered grip.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Well I'm getting stronger, I stepped on the scale and was pleased to see that I've not gotten fatter. Pants not fitting :doe:
I'm not as impressive with my number at 300# bw

Re: grip... I try to not use aids so I can train my grip. My forearms have gotten bigger for sure this past 6 months. I did have to finally start using alternate grip on my heavy week.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:35 pm There is always the hook grip too, if you don’t want straps nor staggered grip.
I’ve been trying to hook grip, but that shit hurts. I need to remember to use it on my lighter sets warming up so I can get used to how uncomfortable it is.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:26 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Makes sense. Will make the switch to double overhand.
Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.