DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:07 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:03 pm

:nice: Excited to hear how they help you out.
Yeah I'm stoked to try 'em. At the end of the day shoulder issues are a barrier to my OHP and chest progress.
:word: That routine will help a lot. First few workouts you may notice you lose a rep or two since you aren't used to having that bit of fatigue in your shoulders/upper back, but after that the benefits will kick in. Stronger shoulders, stronger back, it'll be good.

For the pull aparts that I started with (I think I started with them) I'll sometimes do a quick set of 10 between sets on bench press just to keep more tightness in my upper back. Helps keep your shoulders pinned back while you're pressing.
SAWCE

Squats feeling heavy today with my hamstring in the back of my mind. First set went better than set 1 last week, so I’m staying with 315 all workout, but man they don’t want to move. 8, 6, 5, so far.

Edit: 4 reps on the last set. I’ll beat this next week and start working my way back up
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Back from vacation and motivated to stop making excuses and get lean - not bodybuilding lean like @SAWCE, but functionally lean. Speaking of him, might be working with him to do so. Just gotta talk the budgeting over with ze wifey and compare to other offerings. :like:
The panda hath arrived.
SAWCE

Trained hamstrings today. Right one is still a bit tender from that weird pull last Tuesday, but it held up through the workout. Hopefully this Tuesday it’ll be good to go for my rack deads.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

As I alluded to the other day, I'm going to start working nutrition with Ballsawce. I just gotta get my starting pictures taken - prob tomorrow morning to get a fresh day's perspective. Looking forward to trimming up for the summer.
The panda hath arrived.
SAWCE

Jaxper wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:49 pm As I alluded to the other day, I'm going to start working nutrition with Ballsawce. I just gotta get my starting pictures taken - prob tomorrow morning to get a fresh day's perspective. Looking forward to trimming up for the summer.
Going be good man. One of my buddy's who hired me is down 15lbs in 7 weeks, strength has gone up which means hopefully no muscle lost, and he's still eating a good amount of food ~2800 calories. Planning on bringing him down a few more pounds, and then reverse dieting out of this cut so he can start building more muscle.
SAWCE

Moved my bench press into the smith machine tonight and did it as more of a guillotine press, bringing the bar to my collar bones instead of my chest. Holy fuck that really keeps the tension in your chest. Shoulders felt much happier doing that since I took the widest grip possible and their movement was limited.
SAWCE

Rack got taken last night right before I was ready to move over to use it for my rack deadlifts. Cool with the dude who was in it, so asked how long he'd be. About 10 minutes. Decided to just move the rack deads to later in the workout. Hit my T-bar rows and right as I finished my last set, he was done in the rack. Still went for 435, but it was definitely harder with my back being even more exhausted than usual going into them. Probably smart though, cause I was still feeling that right hamstring a bit on them, so I was happy to have my back be my limiting factor and not have my hamstring give out or tear trying to push my back to failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Started cycle 3 of 5/3/1 today skipping a deload week again. Felt solid, got 8 reps on squats @280, 10 on the bench at 180.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Major shoutout to AnimalBrandon. It seems pretty clear he knows what he fk he is doing overall but a shoulder stretch video he made may actually change my life. Been struggling with delt pain on the reg with working out, and it's been a hindrance to progress in bench and OHP and dips for arms. Doing this stretch routine has literally been like laying the healing hands on my shoulders. Fucking phenomenal. Thank you again.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, Animal man, can we discuss creatine's benefits and burdens again? Do you just add it to the brotein shakes?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:38 pm Major shoutout to AnimalBrandon. It seems pretty clear he knows what he fk he is doing overall but a shoulder stretch video he made may actually change my life. Been struggling with delt pain on the reg with working out, and it's been a hindrance to progress in bench and OHP and dips for arms. Doing this stretch routine has literally been like laying the healing hands on my shoulders. Fucking phenomenal. Thank you again.
:fuckyeah: man! Really really happy to hear this.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:39 pm Also, Animal man, can we discuss creatine's benefits and burdens again? Do you just add it to the brotein shakes?
Sure thing. For muscle building, it helps with endurance and strength by provide a phosphate. Writing off the top of my head, as you work a muscle, you release a phosphate as energy. ATP (adinosine triphosphate) binds to myosin, releases a phosphate, and become ADP (adinosine diphosphate). Having creatine stores helps recycle ADP back into ATP slowing you to continue to contract those muscle fibers. This helps build muscle because you’re able to push them further and extend your sets which brings you closer to failed, increases volume, and time under tension, all of which are shown to be necessary in triggering muscle growth.

On top of that, is actually us a lot of studied health benefits as well. ATP is needed for heart function and other vital organs. Your body can synthesize ATP in the mitochondria of your cells, but as you age this process slows down, so providing that phosphate for ATP conversion from ADP can help keep these organs healthy when they might otherwise start lacking in ATP.

Other benefits are lowering blood sugar, contributing in osteoblasts (needed for bone cell formation, important as we age to combat osteoporosis), and lower fat stores in your liver which we all know is dangerous.

I’m a firm believer that everyone should take creatine unless you’re eating upwards of a pound of red meat a day since that’s our primary food source of natural creatine.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Creatine is good and I was adding a scoop of it to my brotein shakes.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Man the deadlifts saturday got me. Which i guess is the point / a good thing. I was super sore that evening and sunday
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Adding to last night, it’s dirt cheap.

From a highly trusted brand: https://truenutrition.com/p-961-creatin ... owder.aspx

$14 for 500g. The studied serving size is 5g a day. $0.14 per day, less than $4.50/month.

You can find it cheaper from other bulk suppliers, but they don’t have the third party rear verifications and stuff, so I don’t mind paying a couple extra bucks per pound for the peace of mind.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ordered
SAWCE

:fuckyeah:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

cycle 3 week 2 day 1 saw the :fax: squat 300lbs for 8 and bench 190 for 9.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Weights were feeling extra heavy today. Combination of poor sleep recently, low test, and getting into the gym late after helping Michelle. Went for the first rep of 435 rack pull and it didn’t budge. Slapped myself around a bit to get my head in the game then got a real shitty set of 3 reps. Did a little better on the other 3 sets, but still a bummer. Really itching to get back on the gear or even take some extra clomid to act as a test booster, but I know it’s important to wait this period out and just push as hard as I can for now.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

week three cycle three of 531, a milestone since I put about as much weight on the bar as I had before I started 531.
Didnt go so well.... i mean I WRECKED my legs sunday at that track, so they were still sore af. But, I hit 6 of the planned 7 reps at 315 even if the last one was a bit ugly.

On the bench press, i got 8 of planed 8 at 200, and again, the last one was really ugly.

al in all a decent workout :doe:

since my squats were a little :flaccid: I may try to work in some lighter volume for a third workout this week.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:27 am week three cycle three of 531, a milestone since I put about as much weight on the bar as I had before I started 531.
Didnt go so well.... i mean I WRECKED my legs sunday at that track, so they were still sore af. But, I hit 6 of the planned 7 reps at 315 even if the last one was a bit ugly.

On the bench press, i got 8 of planed 8 at 200, and again, the last one was really ugly.

al in all a decent workout :doe:

since my squats were a little :flaccid: I may try to work in some lighter volume for a third workout this week.
6 reps on a 1+AMRAP is still solid man. Good stuff.
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:19 am Weights were feeling extra heavy today. Combination of poor sleep recently, low test, and getting into the gym late after helping Michelle. Went for the first rep of 435 rack pull and it didn’t budge. Slapped myself around a bit to get my head in the game then got a real shitty set of 3 reps. Did a little better on the other 3 sets, but still a bummer. Really itching to get back on the gear or even take some extra clomid to act as a test booster, but I know it’s important to wait this period out and just push as hard as I can for now.
Finally had a good rack dead day.

Trained at the new gym tonight. They don’t have a normal power cage, but they have a heavy duty squat rack with adjustable safety arms. I was able to get them set just before my knees, although it may have been 1-2cm or so higher than where it’d hit on the power rack at Stern’s.

Went in dreading them a bit, but hyped myself up, put on some heavy music, and ripped em up as hard as I could. Set a PR with three sets of 10 @ 435, then a fourth set with seven reps. Feeling good about that. The rest of the workout was great too, they have some really nice equipment for hitting back.
SAWCE

Man my back is smoked from yesterday. Really excited about that and about training it there more in the future.

Their chest supported t-bar row has your upper body nearly perpendicular to the ground, which hit a little lower in my middle back and not as much traps. Felt really good. They also have MAG grip attachments for the pull-down machines, and with that neutral grip I was getting way more lat activation and able to take my biceps out of those a bit.

Doing a little happy hour for my going away here after work, but I'm hoping to go train legs after that. I'll probably just have a beer, then switch to water.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Better day today for cycle 3 week 3

I matched my PR press of 120 but got a new best of 6 reps at this weight. spread sheet had me aiming for 7 but close enough.

I made a new PR on deadlift at 325 for 5. Might have had a 6th in my legs but my upper back is tender, might have slightly tweaked something in my lats dong pullups tuesday. Also grip was failing.

Finished up with some rows, pushups, and 10 minutes of cardio on the rower. :notbad:

So, good progress is good.
brain go brrrrrr