DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Finally fucking made it. 250lbs in the dot this morning after waking up and using the restroom.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:18 pm Finally fucking made it. 250lbs in the dot this morning after waking up and using the restroom.

Guns looking good there man.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:18 pm Finally fucking made it. 250lbs in the dot this morning after waking up and using the restroom.

So, you gonna get big now? :lol:
Nice dude!
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Guns looking good there man.
Thank you sir!
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:40 pm

Nice dude!
Hahah hoping to. Would really love to hit 260 before we start prepping for a show next year.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:12 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:40 pm

Nice dude!
Hahah hoping to. Would really love to hit 260 before we start prepping for a show next year.
:nice:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Beast! Your commitment to the sport is awesome dude, really impressive!
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:22 pm Beast! Your commitment to the sport is awesome dude, really impressive!
Thanks man!! It’s been a fun journey. Was just talking to my BIL about it today and when I started lifting I never dreamed that I would be able to get to this weight.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:impressive: That is wild man, good job!
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:00 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:29 pm Took my measurements this morning.

Broceps are the biggest and most symmetrical they’ve been, both clocking in at just about 17.25”
Forearms 13.5 and 14”
Thighs 26 and 26.75”
Calves 17 and 17.25”
Shoulders were 53” around (this was my one unflexed measurement)
Chest/lats 49.5”
Then to check body fat as I go back to bulking my stomach was 36.25” and waist was 35.25”
Hips were 41.75” so we’ll see if I can keep growing :datass:
Neck at 17”. I’ve dabbled in neck training before, but it’s largely untrained, so it should be able to grow relatively quickly.

Smaller measurement for each body part is the left side.
Finally took measurements again today. Didn’t hit everything, but grabbed the ones I was most curious about.

Biceps: 17 5/8 both sides. 1/3” gain in 4 months. On track for the 1” gain over the year I wanted to see; but hopefully I can beat that once gyms open back up.

Thighs: 27” left 27.5” right. Pretty :fuckyeah: for me. They’re slightly more symmetrical now and about a full inch gained in 4 months. If I see 3” of growth this year I’ll be stoked.

Stomach for a fatboi check was up 1” to 37.25”. Not bad considering that I’m 15lbs heavier now than when I took the previous measurements. 224ish that weekend to an even 239 yesterday when I checked in with my coach.
Updated measurements:

Biceps are both just over 18” :fuckyeah:
Thighs are 27.5” for the left and just under 28” for the right.
Stomach didn’t grow as much this trimester and is just about 38”.

Current weight 253lbs.

Apex

:mahman:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Those arms are enormous :impressive: :fuckyeah:

Anyone been in a Planet SHitness lately? Curious if they are still Smith only for barbell stuff or if there are actual bench/squat racks.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:06 pm Those arms are enormous :impressive: :fuckyeah:

Anyone been in a Planet SHitness lately? Curious if they are still Smith only for barbell stuff or if there are actual bench/squat racks.
I would be hella surprised if they had any barbell stuff; their business model doesn’t want lifters. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:06 pm Those arms are enormous :impressive: :fuckyeah:

I would be hella surprised if they had any barbell stuff; their business model doesn’t want lifters. :lol:
:notwrong: Although it's certainly better for lifting than no gym. They are apparently throwing governor's orders to the trash here and opening, so it may be my one option for the time being. THey also offer locations right by my house and office, which is nice. Should I start working at the office again, I do still plan to bike, so a shower next door is handy. The YMCA also offered this, but they're still closed and it is really damn expensive, probably not rejoining unless the wife really wants to again.
SAWCE

I went to one back in December and it was smith machines only. Standard pre-loaded barbells from 20-90lbs or something like that.

I actually don’t mind deadlifting one a smith machine. Helps if it’s an old school one that moves straight up and down rather than being at an angle, but it’s not the worst. We have a PF style place out here called Chuze and they have the smith machines that move back and forth as well as up and down and they’re really :notbad: for most lifts.
SAWCE

Thanks man. These are the first pictures I’ve seen where I felt like they look big. I think with how tall I am I need to break 20” to really get the look I want.

I think the biggest problem with them I see is from the side. My shoulders are internally rotated a bit, so the bicep peak is hidden and points in towards my ribs rather than facing the same way as my body. Need to start working on correcting that rotation and then they should look bigger in day to day life.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:28 pm
Thanks man. These are the first pictures I’ve seen where I felt like they look big. I think with how tall I am I need to break 20” to really get the look I want.

I think the biggest problem with them I see is from the side. My shoulders are internally rotated a bit, so the bicep peak is hidden and points in towards my ribs rather than facing the same way as my body. Need to start working on correcting that rotation and then they should look bigger in day to day life.
Yeah, to be honest, I think that your huge chest makes them look less large than they are in the side view, the front facing view was where I was really like, damn, they are huge. Also, the cut will provide a bit more definition and they'll probably look even bigger.

I was always kind of annoyed by short guys though, arms can look so much bigger when the volume is condensed in a shorter section. It's funny, I feel like being tall is generally pretty cool, but random things are sucky, like trying to get big and trying to go to the track in cars like Miatas and S2000s.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:25 pm I went to one back in December and it was smith machines only. Standard pre-loaded barbells from 20-90lbs or something like that.

I actually don’t mind deadlifting one a smith machine. Helps if it’s an old school one that moves straight up and down rather than being at an angle, but it’s not the worst. We have a PF style place out here called Chuze and they have the smith machines that move back and forth as well as up and down and they’re really :notbad: for most lifts.
Yeah, I've seen the front to back ones, they are pretty cool. I think even if they're Smith only, I might just :doit: , I can still do the big four on the Smith, it hurts power lifting cred but it's better than nothing and will at least allow me to keep some upper body size/strength with all the biking I'm doing. Plus, using the bigger dumbbells can help a lot. Right now I just have 20s so I do sets of like 35 curls as an example, which I don't think is the best.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:34 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:25 pm I went to one back in December and it was smith machines only. Standard pre-loaded barbells from 20-90lbs or something like that.

Yeah, I've seen the front to back ones, they are pretty cool. I think even if they're Smith only, I might just :doit: , I can still do the big four on the Smith, it hurts power lifting cred but it's better than nothing and will at least allow me to keep some upper body size/strength with all the biking I'm doing. Plus, using the bigger dumbbells can help a lot. Right now I just have 20s so I do sets of like 35 curls as an example, which I don't think is the best.
Have a kid and curl that. It weighs a little bit more every day. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:42 pm

:massles:

The :doge: is pretty heavy now to lift :lolol:
Apex

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:44 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:42 pm

:massles:

The :doge: is pretty heavy now to lift :lolol:
:lolol:
SAWCE

Not like you’re planning on competing in a PL meet, so fuck anyone who knocks your lifts. You can get plenty strong on the smith and I actually prefer it to most free weights for gaining size since you can really emphasize the muscles you’re trying to work.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:33 pm

Yeah, to be honest, I think that your huge chest makes them look less large than they are in the side view, the front facing view was where I was really like, damn, they are huge. Also, the cut will provide a bit more definition and they'll probably look even bigger.

I was always kind of annoyed by short guys though, arms can look so much bigger when the volume is condensed in a shorter section. It's funny, I feel like being tall is generally pretty cool, but random things are sucky, like trying to get big and trying to go to the track in cars like Miatas and S2000s.
Haha yeah bodybuilding is the only thing that’s made me wish I was shorter. Oh well. I’ll just keep pushing for size until I have the proportions of the jacked 5’9” dudes.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

What your really need is some 24 inch pythons, brother!
:therapist:
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:53 am

What your really need is some 24 inch pythons, brother!
Ooooh yeah, Brother!

Train, say your prayers, eat your vitamins, be true to yourself, true to your country, be a Real American!