DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:22 pm the more I think about it the more I'm likeing throwing down on the home gym.

I've been working out almost 5 years steadily, it would be a good investment. Payback at 50 a month gym fee on 1k is 20 months.

I also get 50% back from my compnay up too 250 dollars a year. So 125 of that is for the gym this year, but I have another 125 I'd get back. Craigslist :dill: s probably need not apply :doe:
If I had the space, I'd absolutely home gym. The convenience is amazing as long as you have the discipline to use it. Plus, way more convenient with a little one running/crawling around.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:22 pm the more I think about it the more I'm likeing throwing down on the home gym.

I've been working out almost 5 years steadily, it would be a good investment. Payback at 50 a month gym fee on 1k is 20 months.

I also get 50% back from my compnay up too 250 dollars a year. So 125 of that is for the gym this year, but I have another 125 I'd get back. Craigslist :dill: s probably need not apply :doe:
If we do ever move out of California, I'd love to wind up somewhere where I can have a basement and turn at least part of it into a home gym.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:33 pm

If we do ever move out of California, I'd love to wind up somewhere where I can have a basement and turn at least part of it into a home gym.
You're going to be one of those people who's house is basically a parkour/ninja warrior gym, aren't you?
Stairs? :hellno: Here's a rock wall instead.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:50 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:33 pm

You're going to be one of those people who's house is basically a parkour/ninja warrior gym, aren't you?
:lolol:

Nah, fuck that. I just want a power rack where I can bench, OHP, squat, deadlift, and do pull ups in. That'd be a solid start, then slowly add a cable machine or do and a dip bar setup and I'd be good.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:36 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:50 pm

Nah, fuck that. I just want a power rack where I can bench, OHP, squat, deadlift, and do pull ups in. That'd be a solid start, then slowly add a cable machine or do and a dip bar setup and I'd be good.
:lol:
Power rack with dip bars is all you really need. You could get hella strong with that.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:38 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:36 pm

:lol:
Power rack with dip bars is all you really need. You could get hella strong with that.
Yeah the cables are easily replaced by barbell and dumbbell movements. Probably build more muscle with those instead of cables.

Pull-downs? Rack-chins.
Triceps extensions? dumbbell over head extensions, kickbacks, barbell skull crushers, close grip bench.
Cable flyes? Dumbbell flyes.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

https://www.titan.fitness/cages-and-rac ... -rack.html

thoughts? I know the rouge is good stuff but i find it hard to pay that much for so square steel t00b.

That said I'll likely get their bar. If I go forward with this hairbrained plan.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:45 pm https://www.titan.fitness/cages-and-rac ... -rack.html

thoughts? I know the rouge is good stuff but i find it hard to pay that much for so square steel t00b.

That said I'll likely get their bar. If I go forward with this hairbrained plan.
I'd prefer a full rack with safety catches since you'll be lifting solo with nobody to spot unless you can talk wifey into it... Your link is defintely the way to go for the :scrooge: set up though.

Did you see the EliteFTS bar I linked? It's like $30-40 cheaper than the Rouge..
SAWCE

If I was building I home gym, and had the room (not sure if that was part of your decision in the folding rack...) I'd be going with this:
https://www.elitefts.com/eliteftstmold- ... orage.html

or for $150 more get the version with weight trees built into it for weight storage..
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:49 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:45 pm https://www.titan.fitness/cages-and-rac ... -rack.html

I'd prefer a full rack with safety catches since you'll be lifting solo with nobody to spot unless you can talk wifey into it... Your link is defintely the way to go for the :scrooge: set up though.

Did you see the EliteFTS bar I linked? It's like $30-40 cheaper than the Rouge..
Yea I'd buy the safety catches and add them seperate, 100%. They don't recommend it with those folding racks, but I dont think I'll ever be moving enough weight to test the full limits of the system. Additionally most of the load will go through the legs if its properly supported off the floor.

I think the bar is one place where I wont mind spending some money here. The thing will be in my hands close to 3 hours a week, I think it is worth it.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

IIRC, It was a T-2 Titan rack that we had in my buddies loft. Easily handled 500+ pound squats. 5/7 would recommend a Titan rack.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:57 pm If I was building I home gym, and had the room (not sure if that was part of your decision in the folding rack...) I'd be going with this:

or for $150 more get the version with weight trees built into it for weight storage..
I want the folding one to keep the room multi purpose, and to save space when it's eventually moved to garage.

2k square ft house, lots of hobbies... hell i built a murphy bed, definitly aint got no room for a full power rack :lol:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:59 pm

IIRC, It was a T-2 Titan rack that we had in my buddies loft. Easily handled 500+ pound squats. 5/7 would recommend a Titan rack.
good to know. the garage gyms guy shit on them pretty hard
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:01 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:59 pm

good to know. the garage gyms guy shit on them pretty hard
They don't look nearly as fancy as that elitefts or the rogue stuff, but they do the job.
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:58 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:49 pm

Yea I'd buy the safety catches and add them seperate, 100%. They don't recommend it with those folding racks, but I dont think I'll ever be moving enough weight to test the full limits of the system. Additionally most of the load will go through the legs if its properly supported off the floor.

I think the bar is one place where I wont mind spending some money here. The thing will be in my hands close to 3 hours a week, I think it is worth it.
Gotcha. I'd be willing to bet that the quality is comparable between the two brands for those bars. But if you've used a Rouge bar and like them and the way the knurling feels, then definitely go that route.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:06 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:58 pm

Gotcha. I'd be willing to bet that the quality is comparable between the two brands for those bars. But if you've used a Rouge bar and like them and the way the knurling feels, then definitely go that route.
I have not, just shitty YMCA bars.

Kinda tired of the shitty YMCA bars :lol:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:11 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Do you have a black iron style or crossfit gym near you? Maybe pick up a day pass there and get your hands on a couple different bars. Knurling can vary widely between bars.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:43 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Do you have a black iron style or crossfit gym near you? Maybe pick up a day pass there and get your hands on a couple different bars. Knurling can vary widely between bars.
This is not a terrible idea. I also have a few meathead acquaintances and perhaps i can go fondle their wares.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

This has escalated quickly. I've messaged people ON THE INTERNET
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:29 pm This has escalated quickly. I've messaged people ON THE INTERNET
:idbu:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:30 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:29 pm This has escalated quickly. I've messaged people ON THE INTERNET
:wrong: :wrong: :wrong: :wrong: :wrong:
:wrong: :sass: :sass: :sass: :wrong:
:wrong: :sass: :howdareu: :sass: :wrong:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:44 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:30 pm

:wrong: :sass: :howdareu: :sass: :wrong:
:ohmy:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Well this is happening i guess. I just bought a rowing machine used for the wife.....
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:18 pm Well this is happening i guess. I just bought a rowing machine used for the wife.....
:impressive:

Let me know when she gets instaFamous and drops her KellFit app with workout plans in it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:20 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:18 pm Well this is happening i guess. I just bought a rowing machine used for the wife.....
:impressive:

Let me know when she gets instaFamous and drops her KellFit app with workout plans in it.
I'll share pic of :datass:
brain go brrrrrr