DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Here we go again, the bro thread.

I squatted 235X13 today in 531. Also did front squats, pull ups, bent over row and some bicep shit.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I failed this morning. So far every morning cept yesterday I've woken up to my gym alarm and felt like I was getting sick (and on Mon night -> Tues morning that was recurrent through the hours of 130 to 4).

Achy, that "getting sick" throat, etc.

So I keep saying to myself I should gym, sleep is more important. But then I don't really get much more sleep and after I finally drag myself out of bed and get moving, that feeling mostly goes away.

Many dangs.
:therapist:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Calvinball wrote:I failed this morning. So far every morning cept yesterday I've woken up to my gym alarm and felt like I was getting sick (and on Mon night -> Tues morning that was recurrent through the hours of 130 to 4).

So I keep saying to myself I should gym, sleep is more important. But then I don't really get much more sleep and after I finally drag myself out of bed and get moving, that feeling mostly goes away.

Many dangs.
Is the daught still sick? Go to bed at 9 :bruh: , that's what I do.
Calvinball

D Griff wrote:
Calvinball wrote:I failed this morning. So far every morning cept yesterday I've woken up to my gym alarm and felt like I was getting sick (and on Mon night -> Tues morning that was recurrent through the hours of 130 to 4).

Many dangs.
Is the daught still sick? Go to bed at 9 :bruh: , that's what I do.
Wish I could. We don't usually get done dinner, bedtime, cleaning, etc until 930/10.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I could always bench 200, even from birth
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

New max for squats this morning for test week of Jacked and Tan 2.0! Hit that 4 plate/405lb squat!
The panda hath arrived.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Jaxper wrote:New max for squats this morning for test week of Jacked and Tan 2.0! Hit that 4 plate/405lb squat!
:fuckyeah:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Good shit Jax.

Pulled 405 for 3x3 on deadlifts Saturday, then yesterday I hit 215x 5,4,4 for incline bench, and 145x 5,3,3 for OHP. Much better than last week's numbers, and I'm hoping that carries over to tonight as well. I could barely squat 315 last week, Hoping for at least 3x3 tonight.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

I'm cupping the balls of 300lbs on bench. So close, I can taste the leftover sweat on the bar. I did 3x3 reps of 275 last week.
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Nice pulling @balius.

KiaGiver wrote:I'm cupping the balls of 300lbs on bench. So close, I can taste the leftover sweat on the bar. I did 3x3 reps of 275 last week.
3 reps at 275 should translate to being able to get one of 300. Got a video?
The panda hath arrived.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I'll get one on Wednesday (my next chest day) and I didn't want to push my luck since I had already done inclines, declines, and cable work prior to benching. I bet if I started with bench and did some warm up reps, I could do one of 3 hundred.

Need Modz? Hit me up!
SAWCE

KiaGiver wrote:I'll get one on Wednesday (my next chest day) and I didn't want to push my luck since I had already done inclines, declines, and cable work prior to benching. I bet if I started with bench and did some warm up reps, I could do one of 3 hundred.
Damn dude, you've gotten way stronger. In4vid as well. There's no way I'd be pushing anywhere near 300 after already doing three chest exercises.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

It's the 6 days a week of gym time, I'm sure. Single as fuck has its benefits lol

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I think @KiaGiver is actually the one on roids, and not @balius.
The panda hath arrived.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Jaxper wrote:I think @KiaGiver is actually the one on roids, and not @balius.
I wish my legs grew as fast as the rest of my upper body :lolol: I look like a top heavy mother fucker.

Need Modz? Hit me up!
SAWCE

KiaGiver wrote:
I wish my legs grew as fast as the rest of my upper body :lolol: I look like a top heavy mother fucker.
:popcorn: I should try another 300lb bench just to see if I can hit it. Last max was 275 back in August, then I failed trying for 315.
Calvinball

Now that it is getting cold out my plan is to add some lifting to Mon and Fri. Do longer treadmill runs then hit some compounds, effectively doubling my compound lifts (other than squats)

Sent from the beer depository
Apex
Drives: Abominable

KiaGiver wrote:
Do you even leg day, bro? :notsure:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

balius wrote:
KiaGiver wrote:
:popcorn: I should try another 300lb bench just to see if I can hit it. Last max was 275 back in August, then I failed trying for 315.
I've stepped away from so many reps and started doing heavier, less quantity reps. I'm not as "cut" as I was 6 months ago, but I'm a fucking animal for my size and weight. I love it.

If it wasn't for my fear of bashing my face in with dumbbells, I'd be doing much more than 190 on the incline. I can almost do a full set of 10 on those.

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

KiaGiver wrote:
balius wrote: :popcorn: I should try another 300lb bench just to see if I can hit it. Last max was 275 back in August, then I failed trying for 315.
I've stepped away from so many reps and started doing heavier, less quantity reps. I'm not as "cut" as I was 6 months ago, but I'm a fucking animal for my size and weight. I love it.

If it wasn't for my fear of bashing my face in with dumbbells, I'd be doing much more than 190 on the incline. I can almost do a full set of 10 on those.
I initially read that as quality. I was about to say that you better not be half-repping these presses! in4videosoon
The panda hath arrived.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Jaxper wrote:
KiaGiver wrote:

I initially read that as quality. I was about to say that you better not be half-repping these presses! in4videosoon
I'l have my gym buddy shoot a video during our bench session. He's mentioned my left is a little weaker as the bar isn't as level as it could be. No idea how to fix that at 275lbs, lol.

Need Modz? Hit me up!
SAWCE

Jaxper wrote:
KiaGiver wrote:

I read it that way too and almost face palmed. Touch your chest with the bar or gtfo.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I always touch my chest - even when I don't lift. #topthat

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

KiaGiver wrote:
Jaxper wrote: I initially read that as quality. I was about to say that you better not be half-repping these presses! in4videosoon
I'l have my gym buddy shoot a video during our bench session. He's mentioned my left is a little weaker as the bar isn't as level as it could be. No idea how to fix that at 275lbs, lol.
Drop the weight and focus on form or do more unilateral work (ie flyes) to ensure you're using both sides equally.
The panda hath arrived.