DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:00 pm https://startingstrength.com/training/r ... ally-works

Don't cut yourself short :fax:
Yea I read that, I know...
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

hamstrings are tight.

265 squats & deads, 110 presses. getting back.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:13 am hamstrings are tight.

:fuckyeah:

I'm deadlifting tonight. Excited for that. Might need to tighten my weight belt a notch too :fuckyeah: it was pretty loose squatting last Thursday.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:17 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:13 am hamstrings are tight.

I'm deadlifting tonight. Excited for that. Might need to tighten my weight belt a notch too :fuckyeah: it was pretty loose squatting last Thursday.
yea....im running into that problem too. I need to replace the batteries in the scale. And break out the tape measure.

My this past track day the motorcycle leathers that used to take BIG SUCK IN to button the pants only took a vv small suck in to button up. Zippering the jacket to the pants was also not as hard. It might be stretching but I might be shrinking? :iono: Its been a good long term gauge for me as of late to feel my progress.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:32 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:17 am

yea....im running into that problem too. I need to replace the batteries in the scale. And break out the tape measure.

My this past track day the motorcycle leathers that used to take BIG SUCK IN to button the pants only took a vv small suck in to button up. Zippering the jacket to the pants was also not as hard. It might be stretching but I might be shrinking? :iono: Its been a good long term gauge for me as of late to feel my progress.
Nice man. Feeling clothes change on you is nice for sure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:52 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:32 am

oh yea, the other change im noticing... I've been rocking same shirts about 2 years now. since I've cleaned up from and added presses my traps and back have gotten more muscular. My sleeves are getting too short :lolol:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:02 pm

oh yea, the other change im noticing... I've been rocking same shirts about 2 years now. since I've cleaned up from and added presses my traps and back have gotten more muscular. My sleeves are getting too short :lolol:
Traps and shoulders in general are high on my list to focus on next year. Thick traps really transform your physique and just look powerful, and like you said, they're noticeable in clothes which is always :fuckyeah:
SAWCE

Added four reps across my deadlifts from two weeks ago. Really not bad considering I’m down about 5lbs from then. 365x9,9,6,7. Might be my last deadlift session before the show, so I’m glad I went out with a bang.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SAWCE wrote:Added four reps across my deadlifts from two weeks ago. Really not bad considering I’m down about 5lbs from then. 365x9,9,6,7. Might be my last deadlift session before the show, so I’m glad I went out with a bang.
Did somebody say bang??

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:33 pm
SAWCE wrote:Added four reps across my deadlifts from two weeks ago. Really not bad considering I’m down about 5lbs from then. 365x9,9,6,7. Might be my last deadlift session before the show, so I’m glad I went out with a bang.
Did somebody say bang??

Sent from the Beer Depository
:sissyfight:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Fellow fat ass checking in. Getting married the day after Thanksgiving. Bought a couple of new suits a couple of days ago. Project 531 has altered my suit size from 44 reg to 48 reg in Euroboy, 50 in Murican, all topside, the rest had to be taken in. Back and Pecs doe. If I "make the cut" to 210, should be looking reasonably good for 50 yoa.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

And yes, I've fkd up the fit of almost all of my lawyer costumes.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:55 pm

Fellow fat ass checking in. Getting married the day after Thanksgiving. Bought a couple of new suits a couple of days ago. Project 531 has altered my suit size from 44 reg to 48 reg in Euroboy, 50 in Murican, all topside, the rest had to be taken in. Back and Pecs doe. If I "make the cut" to 210, should be looking reasonably good for 50 yoa.
Congrats on the wedding and the gainz!! Awesome stuff man. I need to get my suit size up to a 50”. That’d be epic.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:55 pm Getting married the day after Thanksgiving.
:lolwut:
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:36 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:55 pm Getting married the day after Thanksgiving.
A mere formality I've been married IRL for years. Following the Maxiom: She loves me despite all of my epic flaws. I wasn't going to do it again but she wore me down with kindness.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:20 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:55 pm

Congrats on the wedding and the gainz!! Awesome stuff man. I need to get my suit size up to a 50”. That’d be epic.
How do you NOT wear a size 50 coat bro. UR huge.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:17 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:36 am

A mere formality I've been married IRL for years. Following the Maxiom: She loves me despite all of my epic flaws. I wasn't going to do it again but she wore me down with kindness.
dang, well congrats bro.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:18 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:20 am

I think I measure at 45" right now? Last suit I bought was a 46" IIRC. I might be 2" short on each of those.. I'll have to measure and look at my suit when I get home.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:33 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:17 pm

dang, well congrats bro.
Thanks. We now wish we did a quickie and blew town to Europe, but instead we are blowing epic amounts of cash on a 20 person event/dinner thing. Plus the Thanksgiving dinner before. :troywax:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:18 pm

I think I measure at 45" right now? Last suit I bought was a 46" IIRC. I might be 2" short on each of those.. I'll have to measure and look at my suit when I get home.
I don't think your current back structure would fit properly in anything starting with a 4 unless it was a serious Euro cut. That was my problem and I'm like not even close to you in back size. FWIW the 50 was on a Hickey Freeman....American suit. I really like the suit but getting the 50" jacket forced the pants to be totally rebuilt as the assumption is that if you have a size fiddy jacket you are obese.

I pulled 300 X 2 today, btw. On to 315.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:40 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:35 pm

I don't think your current back structure would fit properly in anything starting with a 4 unless it was a serious Euro cut. That was my problem and I'm like not even close to you in back size. FWIW the 50 was on a Hickey Freeman....American suit. I really like the suit but getting the 50" jacket forced the pants to be totally rebuilt as the assumption is that if you have a size fiddy jacket you are obese.

Nice man! I know you were having a bit of a mental block at 300, so that's awesome you got through it.

My last suit was from Hugo Boss, I think American, but I'm not a fashion guy so :iono: I think pictures are a bit deceiving for my size. I'm also not walking around in my suit with my lats flared/flexed like they are in most pics posted here.

And I hear you on the pants. I was confused when browsing online at Nordstrom why you only choose a jacket size and not pants. I asked in store when I was getting fitted and buying, and they said they always do an 8" (maybe it was 6") drop from the chest size of the jacket for the waist of the pants.. LOL 46" coat coming with 38 or 40" pants, they had to be completely taken in/rebuilt like yours. I was pushing 210 back then, and they still left them quite large on me, so I had them retaken in by another tailor a month ago before wearing it to a wedding. Measured my waist at 31.5" last week, and I imagine that'll drop a bit further to under 31" by the time the show rolls around. My normal waist size when I'm not dieting like this is 32-34".
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:40 pm

Nice man! I know you were having a bit of a mental block at 300, so that's awesome you got through it.

My last suit was from Hugo Boss, I think American, but I'm not a fashion guy so :iono: I think pictures are a bit deceiving for my size. I'm also not walking around in my suit with my lats flared/flexed like they are in most pics posted here.

And I hear you on the pants. I was confused when browsing online at Nordstrom why you only choose a jacket size and not pants. I asked in store when I was getting fitted and buying, and they said they always do an 8" (maybe it was 6") drop from the chest size of the jacket for the waist of the pants.. LOL 46" coat coming with 38 or 40" pants, they had to be completely taken in/rebuilt like yours. I was pushing 210 back then, and they still left them quite large on me, so I had them retaken in by another tailor a month ago before wearing it to a wedding. Measured my waist at 31.5" last week, and I imagine that'll drop a bit further to under 31" by the time the show rolls around. My normal waist size when I'm not dieting like this is 32-34".
These pants on the suit have to be done twice, one cut after the first measurement and the then again on the 10th...I have to come in when the store opens and then come back at 4. And I'm just a mildly overweight average looking white guy....nothing remotely like your specimenage. I CHALLONGE you, when next you drive the :jeep: by the mall, to stop in at Nordie's and see what happens. Do it for :science: LOL, I was down to 219 and then had a "cheat weekend" where I hammered beers and pigged out. Monday a.m....225.8. Today, 221. Discipline sucks.

Boss is Euro. Dat's my wedding suit.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:46 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:51 pm

These pants on the suit have to be done twice, one cut after the first measurement and the then again on the 10th...I have to come in when the store opens and then come back at 4. And I'm just a mildly overweight average looking white guy....nothing remotely like your specimenage. I CHALLONGE you, when next you drive the :jeep: by the mall, to stop in at Nordie's and see what happens. Do it for :science: LOL, I was down to 219 and then had a "cheat weekend" where I hammered beers and pigged out. Monday a.m....225.8. Today, 221. Discipline sucks.

:challengeaccepted:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:46 pm

:challengeaccepted:
:like:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

slowly getting back... hit three sets of five squats for 295... 3x5 for 195 on the bench.
brain go brrrrrr