DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Yeah the SSB looks like it would work big time.
I know you aren’t rocking the home gym setup, and you probably don’t want to haul your own bar in and out of the gym, but there are a few companies doing Black Friday sales on specialized bars like this...
No but I'll have a much more personal gym in cartel country and I may add some pieces to their collection if it isn't cutting it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:44 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm

I know you aren’t rocking the home gym setup, and you probably don’t want to haul your own bar in and out of the gym, but there are a few companies doing Black Friday sales on specialized bars like this...
No but I'll have a much more personal gym in cartel country and I may add some pieces to their collection if it isn't cutting it.
:excited:
SAWCE

Pretty good leg session yesterday.
Added weight on laying curls and almost matched my reps from last week.
Same weight on adductors but increased by 2 reps.
Added weight in abductors and kept the reps the same.
Moved up on leg press, 8 plates per side, and got my 30 reps with that for the widowmaker set. Cranked out the first 20 unbroken, then hit a few cluster sets of 3, 3, 2, 2 to finish out the set.
Pause squats next with 295. Matched reps from last week. Probably had another rep or two in the tank, but bitched out.
Single leg standing curls, same weight as last week, but added reps.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

well today is shit so far. 390 for 1 and had to dump my first squat in a long time, was shooting for 4.

and 240 for 2 on bench, shooting for 4.

slightly hungover from wine tasting. gas in the tank is running low. whatever, I picked up heavy things and put them down.

my t is probably in the shitter too because I'm late on my shot, I know that's usually more a recovery thing but I feel like it helps with multiple heavy reps.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:22 am well today is shit so far. 390 for 1 and had to dump my first squat in a long time, was shooting for 4.

slightly hungover from wine tasting. gas in the tank is running low. whatever, I picked up heavy things and put them down.

my t is probably in the shitter too because I'm late on my shot, I know that's usually more a recovery thing but I feel like it helps with multiple heavy reps.
Dang.
Apex

Weekly update from the weakman camp:

Squat: 180 x 5 x 3
Deadlift: 225 x 5
Press: 105 x 5 x 3
Bench: 135 x 5 x 3
Dips: 5, 5, 5, 5
Curls: 40 x 15 x 3
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:22 am well today is shit so far. 390 for 1 and had to dump my first squat in a long time, was shooting for 4.

Yeah the T would definitely help, even if just on a mental level.
SAWCE

Moved my shoulder press back into the smith machine last night because I got sick of balancing dumbbells on the normal shoulder press machine and my rack extended hasn’t been built yet. Plate and a quarter on each side of the Smith for 10,10,10 then an all out set at the end with 15+3+3 with some rest/pauses for those little 3 rep ones.

Good shoulder day overall.

At the end of my workout my powerlifting buddy in there was benching, so I hopped on with him for shits and giggles. 225 flew up, so did 275. That was nice cause I haven’t hit a flat barbell bench press in quite a while. 275 is the heaviest I’ve ever got, had a few failed attempts at 315 over the years. Decided to try again last night. Got stuck about 4” off my chest, but once he pulled me through that little zone I pushed it the rest of the way up. I’ll probably try it again in a month or so and try to get a clean single rep with no assist.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:10 am Moved my shoulder press back into the smith machine last night because I got sick of balancing dumbbells on the normal shoulder press machine and my rack extended hasn’t been built yet. Plate and a quarter on each side of the Smith for 10,10,10 then an all out set at the end with 15+3+3 with some rest/pauses for those little 3 rep ones.

Good shoulder day overall.

At the end of my workout my powerlifting buddy in there was benching, so I hopped on with him for shits and giggles. 225 flew up, so did 275. That was nice cause I haven’t hit a flat barbell bench press in quite a while. 275 is the heaviest I’ve ever got, had a few failed attempts at 315 over the years. Decided to try again last night. Got stuck about 4” off my chest, but once he pulled me through that little zone I pushed it the rest of the way up. I’ll probably try it again in a month or so and try to get a clean single rep with no assist.
:notbad:

I know I’ve singled 275 before, maybe hit it for a double but that’s def PR territory from my past.

315 bench would be :nice:
SAWCE

Got the new Animal Pump Pro stim free preworkout last night and gave it a spin for arm day. Stuff worked pretty well, the pump was painful to where I almost had to cut the workout short. Broceps were Max225 sozed by the time I was done lifting.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:51 pm Got the new Animal Pump Pro stim free preworkout last night and gave it a spin for arm day. Stuff worked pretty well, the pump was painful to where I almost had to cut the workout short. Broceps were Max225 sozed by the time I was done lifting.

:jimp:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This was my whole week. After :drunk: fest bachelor party for four days then getting strep throat, I only lifted one time in like 10 days, last week was back at it. it was week one of a cycle and I only hit the 5 reps on every AMRAP sets, normally I can hit closer to 10 and needed 7-9 on everything for a new "e-PR". I think the damn antibiotics kind of fuck my shit up, those will be done in a couple of days, but I'm hoping tomorrow morning goes better and I'll be back in the saddle fully.

Like you said though, all that is better than not picking up things and putting them down at all.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:41 am

This was my whole week. After :drunk: fest bachelor party for four days then getting strep throat, I only lifted one time in like 10 days, last week was back at it. it was week one of a cycle and I only hit the 5 reps on every AMRAP sets, normally I can hit closer to 10 and needed 7-9 on everything for a new "e-PR". I think the damn antibiotics kind of fuck my shit up, those will be done in a couple of days, but I'm hoping tomorrow morning goes better and I'll be back in the saddle fully.

Like you said though, all that is better than not picking up things and putting them down at all.

indeed good sir.

today is going 'better'.

new or on the press, a grindy 1 at 155, but a PR is a PR. was shooting for 4 according to the calculation :lolol:

onto deads.... 405 for reps today :ino:

ow, 355 felt heavy as all fuck

I got a 405 single :/ oh well.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Added my 10lbs to rack deads. Felt good but heavy, then third set something felt off so dropped it after two reps. Finished the fourth set with six reps. Kinda bummed, but I know I’ll come back and destroy those numbers next time
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

this was supposed to be a deload week, and one would think that after such a shit week three last week id welcome a break.

well I was feeling better and recovered so full send to cycle 12. hit my rep goal on squats and missed by 2 (but still got 3x5) on bench. worked in another set of 3 for teh lolz
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Legs this afternoon. Leaving work early, going to the gym early. Gonna have 8 plates and a 25 on each side of the leg press. Really gonna push myself to get all 30 reps. 770lbs plus the weight of the sled, minus some weight since you’re not pushing straight up against gravity(?) Still heavy AF however you slice it.
Apex

Another week, another post. I had an older dude come up and compliment me on my squats on Wednesday. :notsure:

Squat 195 x 5 x3
Deadlift 245 x 5
Press 105 x 5 x 3
Bench 145 x 5 x 3
Curls 50 x 12 x 3

Dips aggravated my right shoulder on Wednesday, which was/is annoying. We’ll see how things feel on Monday.
SAWCE

Got all 30 of those reps on that widowmaker set Wednesday.

Hit a shoulder day at the 24 hour fitness up here in Lancaster yesterday before they closed down. Good pump, solid workout. But $25 for a day pass to a gym is :disgust:

Today an old buddy that I first got started lifting with cane out and we hit an arm and ab day at Planet Fitness on a free day pass. Half expected to get kicked out for wearing a stringer tank top, and caught myself grunting on some heavy close grip bench press reps in the smith machine so tried to dial that back as much as I could. Definitely got some funny looks when after I got too hot to keep wearing the hoodie that I had on I pulled it off and only had the stringer.
Apex

Another weekly update, feels good to move more weight around.

Squat: 205 x 3 x 5
Deadlift: 255 x 5
Press: 110 x 3 x 5
Bench: 150 x 3 x 5
Curls: 50 x 3 x 13

Switched my deadlift to more of a sumo style to get my back in the proper angle. Short arms are a bitch. Still going strong with the double overhand grip.
SAWCE

Nice dude. Numbers jumping up quick.
SAWCE

Really shitty attempt at a leg day Wednesday, hamstrings were all tight and pulling on my low back, couldn’t even sit in the leg press without pain. I’ll move this week’s workout to next week.

Good shoulder day yesterday though. Moved my main shoulder press to the smith machine again since I more than maxed out the shoulder press machine we have. Threw 190lbs on there and matched my reps from two weeks ago that I hit with 185lbs. Rest of my workout was solid too. At the end my PL buddy was about to hit db shoulder press, so I hopped in with him. 60, 75, 90lb dumbbells all for 5 reps each. Normally I need help getting the dumbbells off my shoulders for the first rep when I go that heavy, but threw the 90s up easy. Next week we’ll probably hit 100s, which I’ve gotten for 3 solo with a spot to 5 from him before, and then the week after we’ll try the 110s, which will be a brand new weight for me.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

have not been able to work out until today due to gout flare up.

squats...380for 5, I'm sure all high 🙁

bench, 230 for 4.

after this cycle of training I think it's time to reset and.go to a 4 day split. try to do cardio a couple times a week.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Another “meh” leg day.

Got the call about my mom as I pulled up to the gym. Hard to get my head in the game after that.

Laying curls felt fine. Then when I went to the adductor/abductor machine, the dude had fixed the cable, but didn’t connect something correctly, so there was still no tension on the machine during any of the range of motion. Fucked around with some bands to hit my adductors and abductors.

Moved on to leg press, got 20 reps with 9 plates each side. Think I could have had the full 30 if I’d been in a better mental state.

Squats were fine after. 315 for 8 reps, but I need to pause in the hole longer, so I’ll stay there next week.

Then single leg curls.. left leg was fine. Right leg about 3 reps in to my working set I got a terrible pain in my hamstring. A strain or pull at least, but I don’t believe it’s a full tear as I didn’t feel or hear anything pop and there is no bruising today. I’ll take it easy for a week or so and shoot all of my growth right there to encourage it to heal.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

More likely the problem.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:56 pm Another “meh” leg day.

Got the call about my mom as I pulled up to the gym. Hard to get my head in the game after that.

Laying curls felt fine. Then when I went to the adductor/abductor machine, the dude had fixed the cable, but didn’t connect something correctly, so there was still no tension on the machine during any of the range of motion. Fucked around with some bands to hit my adductors and abductors.

Moved on to leg press, got 20 reps with 9 plates each side. Think I could have had the full 30 if I’d been in a better mental state.

Squats were fine after. 315 for 8 reps, but I need to pause in the hole longer, so I’ll stay there next week.

Then single leg curls.. left leg was fine. Right leg about 3 reps in to my working set I got a terrible pain in my hamstring. A strain or pull at least, but I don’t believe it’s a full tear as I didn’t feel or hear anything pop and there is no bruising today. I’ll take it easy for a week or so and shoot all of my growth right there to encourage it to heal.
Things have been meh for me lately in the gym... haven't gotten a new e-PR in a few weeks doing 531... :notsure: if I'm not eating enough or what. I haven't felt 100% not sick in about 4-5 weeks, sore throat, coughs, etc. It really blows, I used to never get sick. I took 10 days of antibiotics for strep and then a couple days after, sore throat is back. Maybe that's eating up my gainz.

:disappoint: but oh well. I've been running/biking a good bit as well recently, so that could be a factor.