DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:56 am I’m gonna be soft looking after this. We haven’t cut my calories back at all, and my work output is obviously way lower. Weight has been jumping up steadily. I was 236 last Saturday. Heaviest I’ve ever been.
Not a terrible time to bulk... then cut in a few weeks when the gym opens back up?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:58 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:56 am I’m gonna be soft looking after this. We haven’t cut my calories back at all, and my work output is obviously way lower. Weight has been jumping up steadily. I was 236 last Saturday. Heaviest I’ve ever been.
Not a terrible time to bulk... then cut in a few weeks when the gym opens back up?
I’ll just do whatever coach tells me too. We likely won’t change calories at all when the gyms open back up. Keep bulking until it’s time to cut for a show and I’ll just have a couple of extra pounds of fat to lose for the show from this down time.

I’ll probably push my show date out from this winter to late next spring. I’m actually happy with that as I’ll finally have a summer where I’m coming out of a show and am shredded at the beach instead of being mid-bulk during the summer like I have been the last few years :lol:
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:14 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:58 am

I’ll just do whatever coach tells me too. We likely won’t change calories at all when the gyms open back up. Keep bulking until it’s time to cut for a show and I’ll just have a couple of extra pounds of fat to lose for the show from this down time.

I’ll probably push my show date out from this winter to late next spring. I’m actually happy with that as I’ll finally have a summer where I’m coming out of a show and am shredded at the beach instead of being mid-bulk during the summer like I have been the last few years :lol:
:lolol: that works too.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:14 pm

:lolol: that works too.
Sucks, cause I know that 99% of any weight gained right now is going to be fat, but at least my body will get used to operating at a heavier weight.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I'm down 11 pounds so far. Quarantine budget ass diet of sammiches and small meals combined with the stress of not having enough work is a great combination for losing them weights bruh.
SO MANY EXCITES!
Only carbonated drink I have is Monster's with no carbs or sugars. So I'll drink my morning one and then switch the Mio flavored water refills for the rest of the day. I find that I don't need to eat as much as I was before. Big shitty fast food lunch, then some kind of large meal in the evenings.
I'm really not super hungry, so I guess it's just kind of falling into a natural pattern of fasting and only eating in a window of a few hours earlier in the day.

Don't plan on keeping it up when work turns normal, but it's nice to have somewhat of a control over it by not going out and seeking trash on my way to work and shit.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

workout today kinda sucked. pulled 405 for 2. presses were lolz hard, 155 was notgunnahappen.
:ohwell:
felt good to move big weight :doe:
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:20 pm workout today kinda sucked. pulled 405 for 2. presses were lolz hard, 155 was notgunnahappen.
You're dancing on the bowling alley floor with golf spikes talking about your fancy home gym.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:22 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:20 pm workout today kinda sucked. pulled 405 for 2. presses were lolz hard, 155 was notgunnahappen.
You're dancing on the bowling alley floor with golf spikes talking about your fancy home gym.
#privilege :troywax:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:22 pm
I’m going to have to remember to use this metaphor at some point in my life.
Apex

50 pushups tonight, 15 with the munchkin on my back. Then I decided to throw in some planks. My arms hate me. :lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

really hard day.

I did bench and squats, that's reverse of how I usually go.

bench was ok, hit 4 reps at 235 did volume alright...

squats were a bitchhhhhh. 365, the weight I did last week, was a hard no for 5. hell I almost had to set it on the pins, but ground out a single. did 315 for 5, then dropped down to 285 for my volume work...and that 3rd and 4th set were really hard. that last rep was questionable.

but, I also rode bikes yesterday...and I'm down 10 lbs so there is that
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

More pushups today. 60 in total, 50 of them with :baby: on my back.
She has fun with it. :lol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

My whole Rogue order has shipped! :fuckyeah: RM-4 Monster Rack incoming. :megusta:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

coogles wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:14 am My whole Rogue order has shipped! :fuckyeah: RM-4 Monster Rack incoming. :megusta:
NOICE!

What bar did you go with?
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:15 am NOICE!

So...I don’t actually have one of my own yet. I’m borrowing a bar and some plates from a coworker. He bought basically two complete home gym setups on Craigslist to piece together everything he wanted and planned on selling the rest, but he’s letting me hang onto this stuff for awhile since there aren’t any bars or plates to be had even if you claim to have a Coronavirus vaccine.

Only thing I need now is a bench. :lolol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

coogles wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:23 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:15 am NOICE!

So...I don’t actually have one of my own yet. I’m borrowing a bar and some plates from a coworker. He bought basically two complete home gym setups on Craigslist to piece together everything he wanted and planned on selling the rest, but he’s letting me hang onto this stuff for awhile since there aren’t any bars or plates to be had even if you claim to have a Coronavirus vaccine.

Only thing I need now is a bench. :lolol:
Nice. Do you sweat alot? My black Zinc finish is starting to wear from my sweat. If i don't end up unemployed I might get a chertoke bar in the future.
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:51 am Nice. Do you sweat alot? My black Zinc finish is starting to wear from my sweat. If i don't end up unemployed I might get a chertoke bar in the future.
I'm a pretty sweaty bastard. Not as bad as some, but definitely not one of those weirdos who can play a full hockey game and get off the ice with a dry undershirt. How the fuck do people do that?? The rack is also going to be in my non-air conditioned garage, so I'll make a mess of things, but I oddly enjoy training in a wide range of temperatures. I'll need a space heater for when it gets really cold, but otherwise I'll be training in temps probably from 40 up to the mid 90s.

I'd prefer a stainless bar, I think, especially since it'll be exposed to heat and humidity in the garage, but I'll probably settle for whatever I can get.

EliteFTS appears to have a Cerakote barbell in stock. https://www.elitefts.com/varikas-bar.html Looks like an Oly bar with no center knurling, but I'm not sure how much I need that. I'm not back squatting 500+ pounds, I've never had a problem with the bar rolling down my back.

I'll keep checking Rogue's site daily to see if anything pops up, but REP Fitness' site will begin taking orders again on 4/27, so hoping I can pick up a Gladiator bar.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

coogles wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:06 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:51 am Nice. Do you sweat alot? My black Zinc finish is starting to wear from my sweat. If i don't end up unemployed I might get a chertoke bar in the future.
I'm a pretty sweaty bastard. Not as bad as some, but definitely not one of those weirdos who can play a full hockey game and get off the ice with a dry undershirt. How the fuck do people do that?? The rack is also going to be in my non-air conditioned garage, so I'll make a mess of things, but I oddly enjoy training in a wide range of temperatures. I'll need a space heater for when it gets really cold, but otherwise I'll be training in temps probably from 40 up to the mid 90s.

I'd prefer a stainless bar, I think, especially since it'll be exposed to heat and humidity in the garage, but I'll probably settle for whatever I can get.

EliteFTS appears to have a Cerakote barbell in stock. https://www.elitefts.com/varikas-bar.html Looks like an Oly bar with no center knurling, but I'm not sure how much I need that. I'm not back squatting 500+ pounds, I've never had a problem with the bar rolling down my back.

I'll keep checking Rogue's site daily to see if anything pops up, but REP Fitness' site will begin taking orders again on 4/27, so hoping I can pick up a Gladiator bar.

So, i really do like my Rogue bar, if you have a bar you can use for the time being hold out for a Rouge. You are going to have the thing in your hands 3+ hours a week buy something high quality.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

I’d EliteFTS bar all day if I was building a home gym. They can be pricey though.
SAWCE

Realized I forgot to take measurements at the beginning of April to compare against the beginning of the year like I wanted. I’ll do it next weekend and just go every third of the year instead. Wrapped the tape around my bicep this morning for fun though and clocked in just under 18”, so they’re growing a bit at least. I’ve brought my legs up a good amount, now arms are by far my lagging body part visually. I really want to fix that and add some inches to them.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:03 am I’d EliteFTS bar all day if I was building a home gym. They can be pricey though.
I question why the Varikas bar is still available. Every barbell everywhere is out of stock, and yet EliteFTS still has some of these? :butwhy:
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:16 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:03 am I’d EliteFTS bar all day if I was building a home gym. They can be pricey though.
I question why the Varikas bar is still available. Every barbell everywhere is out of stock, and yet EliteFTS still has some of these? :butwhy:
I follow them on IG, they just got a few different bars in stock and that was one of them.

But it does seem to sell less than other bars, probably because of the reasons you mentioned like no center knurling.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:39 am I follow them on IG, they just got a few different bars in stock and that was one of them.

But it does seem to sell less than other bars, probably because of the reasons you mentioned like no center knurling.
I'm totally okay with not having a center knurling, I like to play around with Oly lifting occasionally and I could still squat with it. Should probably just order one.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:04 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:39 am I follow them on IG, they just got a few different bars in stock and that was one of them.

I'm totally okay with not having a center knurling, I like to play around with Oly lifting occasionally and I could still squat with it. Should probably just order one.
You might notice it if you squat low bar, but high bar you shouldn’t have an issue at all
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:19 am
coogles wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:04 am

You might notice it if you squat low bar, but high bar you shouldn’t have an issue at all
I low bar and dont have a center knurl. I kinda wish I did, but it does not hamper me either.

Side note: my legs hurt today, work was done
brain go brrrrrr