DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:39 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:38 pm

Just saw something today along the lines of
“An injury shouldn’t be the end of a training career. It should be the start of a smart one.”

Work around the injury, build up muscle to support that area and prevent future injuries.
Exactly how I’m. Looking at it
Still doing those shoulder warm ups with the band?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:30 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:39 pm

Exactly how I’m. Looking at it
Oh hell yes. Those things are fking awesome.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:30 pm

:fuckyeah: I do them every upper body day except for if I’m just training arms since my shoulders don’t do much there.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:45 pm

:fuckyeah: I do them every upper body day except for if I’m just training arms since my shoulders don’t do much there.
I do them arm days because dips are very shoulder oriented
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:28 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:28 pm

I do them arm days because dips are very shoulder oriented
Good call. I hit dips on my chest day and focus on isolation movements for arms on arm day.
SAWCE

Hit the 100lb dumbbells last night at the end of my shoulder workout for a set of five reps on seated shoulder press. Felt good. Dude spotting me jumped in a little early and helped on the last two reps, but I’m still very happy with it considering I don’t hit dumbbell presses almost ever and I’d already gone through my full workout so my baby shoulders were already pretty fatigued. I’ll see if tapa let’s me upload the video.
SAWCE

Dang. No go on tapa video upload. I’ll try the Flickr later
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

2 weeks counting calories and down 10 lbs.

Week 1 of cycle 10 this week, was hard but I did the work. My weight lifting belt is already noticibly looser
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:56 pm 2 weeks counting calories and down 10 lbs.

Week 1 of cycle 10 this week, was hard but I did the work. My weight lifting belt is already noticibly looser
:nice: just stay the course man. You got this.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I'm failing heavy deadlifts for reps due to grip giving out. I've done alternating and hook to assist, but even that didn't help at 370 today...had more I'm the tank but had to stop before I dropped the bar.

Educate me on straps.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:13 am I'm failing heavy deadlifts for reps due to grip giving out. I've done alternating and hook to assist, but even that didn't help at 370 today...had more I'm the tank but had to stop before I dropped the bar.

Educate me on straps.
370lbs is enough weight that you can use straps and not feel like a pussy.

Grab any of them off of Amazon or your preferred retailer. Something 1.5” wide will be a little more comfortable than the thinner 1” ones. They have a loop at one end that you feed the plain end through, then slide it over your wrist. The strap wraps under the bar usually twice, while your hand goes over, this causes enough friction for the bar not to roll out of the strap at all. You still have to grab and still want to squeeze as hard as you can to activate your :massles: but you’re grip will no longer be the limiting factor in moving weight.

I have a pair I got for free from EliteFTS when I ordered some bands from them. Before that I’d been using a pair from Animal that I paid maybe $10 on Amazon for, they lasted a few years before I left them at a gym one day or they fell out of my gym bag.
SAWCE

Powerlifter at my gym that I talk to was fucking around with rack deads yesterday. He wanted to try a 600lb pull, but couldn’t get 565lbs to move so stopped there. He’d asked me to come over and film the attempt, so after he tried I gave it a shot. Not happening lol. I think if I actually warmed up to the weight instead of trying it first thing I might have gotten it off the rack at least. Most I’ve pulled before was 495x4 so it was a huge jump from my heaviest and an even bigger jump from the 455 that I’ve been working at lately.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:28 am Hit the 100lb dumbbells last night at the end of my shoulder workout for a set of five reps on seated shoulder press. Felt good. Dude spotting me jumped in a little early and helped on the last two reps, but I’m still very happy with it considering I don’t hit dumbbell presses almost ever and I’d already gone through my full workout so my baby shoulders were already pretty fatigued. I’ll see if tapa let’s me upload the video.
:nice: hunnits for shoulder press is stout.

I feel like such a :pussy: these days deadlifting like 285... I'll see myself out. But I haven't had any recurring back issues in quite some time.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:51 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:28 am Hit the 100lb dumbbells last night at the end of my shoulder workout for a set of five reps on seated shoulder press. Felt good. Dude spotting me jumped in a little early and helped on the last two reps, but I’m still very happy with it considering I don’t hit dumbbell presses almost ever and I’d already gone through my full workout so my baby shoulders were already pretty fatigued. I’ll see if tapa let’s me upload the video.
:nice: hunnits for shoulder press is stout.

I feel like such a :pussy: these days deadlifting like 285... I'll see myself out. But I haven't had any recurring back issues in quite some time.
You should look into reverse hyper extensions. Louis Simmons came up with them after breaking his back and healed it with that exercise. I’ve started adding them in to help strengthen/heal/protect my lower back since I get some issues here and there.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Mmmm PR week.

380 for 5 on squat. 340 for 3 with no belt felt heavy af, but man the belt helps so much. Also lol to warming up with sets that were my Max a year ago.
235 for 2 :flaccid: on bench, which puts my calculated 1rm less than my actual. But hey, mass was moved. Did some drop sets to hopefully help move this number.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:57 am Mmmm PR week.

380 for 5 on squat. 340 for 3 with no belt felt heavy af, but man the belt helps so much. Also lol to warming up with sets that were my Max a year ago.
235 for 2 :flaccid: on bench, which puts my calculated 1rm less than my actual. But hey, mass was moved. Did some drop sets to hopefully help move this number.
:nice: keep putting in work dude
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

There’s no such thing as too much volume on the upper body lifts. Drop sets are a great idea to help move that bench number up.

:bravo: on 380 by fahve.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Thanks guys. We will see how Fridays session goes with the new deadlift straps for Max :massles:
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:04 pm

There’s no such thing as too much volume on the upper body lifts. Drop sets are a great idea to help move that bench number up.

:bravo: on 380 by fahve.
:dat:

That is a beastly squat number. :fuckyeah: :massles:
SAWCE

Legs for me tonight. Attempting 30 reps with 7plates and a 25 on each side of the leg press. Only got 15 with it last week, but the sled was dragging weird, so hopefully today it’s moving better and I can hit the goal.
Apex

The self improvement thread got me off my ass this morning and hit the gym. I took the day off so I kept my alarm on and went for a morning workout.
Kept it light since I haven’t moved any iron in a long ass time.
Squat 135
Bench 115
Deadlift 185
Dips 5, 5, 3, 2

I’m going to schedule something like Monday, Wednesday, Friday for getting up an hour earlier and hitting the gym. We’ll see how next week goes.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:21 am The self improvement thread got me off my ass this morning and hit the gym. I took the day off so I kept my alarm on and went for a morning workout.
Squat 135
Bench 115
Deadlift 185
Dips 5, 5, 3, 2

I’m going to schedule something like Monday, Wednesday, Friday for getting up an hour earlier and hitting the gym. We’ll see how next week goes.
:jalepenis:

start your NLP d00g
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:26 am
Apex wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:21 am The self improvement thread got me off my ass this morning and hit the gym. I took the day off so I kept my alarm on and went for a morning workout.
Squat 135
Bench 115
Deadlift 185
Dips 5, 5, 3, 2

:jalepenis:

start your NLP d00g
:dat:
15 pounds a week will go up quickly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Squat 135
Bench 115
Deadlift 185
Dips 5, 5, 3, 2

:nice:

What are you thinking as far as programming?

I've been doing 531 for 3 lifts a week.

Day 1 - front squat and bench + BBB OHP + some accessory stuff
Day 2 - dead lift + accessory stuff
Day 3 OHP + Bench BBB + accessory stuff

I've been pretty happy with this setup. I generally bike and run at least one day a week, sometimes twice, so hitting lifting 3X and cardio 2-3X.
SAWCE

Made it into the gym despite the cold yesterday and had a surprisingly :fuckyeah: session. Added weight on my first three lifts and stayed within my rep range. Stuck with 7 plates and a quarter on each side of the leg press since I haven’t hit all 30 reps with that yet and got 25. I’ll get all 30 next week. Paused squats I could have been pausing longer, but still hit 8 reps with 285. I’ll stay here next week too and increase the time of my pauses and try to get closer to the top of the rep range which is 8-12. Only exercise that kinda sucked was the finisher single leg curls. I was just wiped out at that point. Barely got into my rep range. Hitting that day that well while sick makes me :excited: to get in next week and absolutely crush it.