DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Here we go! Timing is a little off since this was one of the first times practicing. I want to time the front double bicep after standing up to hit rift when the music gets heavy.

https://flic.kr/p/2kXKuK9

Need to work on my transitions and balance a bit in the poses, but overall, I’m pretty happy with the rough draft we have.
Last edited by SAWCE on Mon May 10, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

Ah damn.. flickr link doesn't appear to have worked.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I messed around a bit to see if I could help you out

If you didn't already go to full editor and preview ...... highlight your link and hit the media embed button (looks like a monitor)

it should look like this without the XXX in the middle

[media]https://i.imgur.comXXX/feHd8Zj.mp4[/media]
Last edited by Irish on Mon May 10, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:50 pm Ah damn.. flickr link doesn't appear to have worked.
I think you have to have a pay flickr account to upload video.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish

imgur is free
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:45 pmimgur is free
Also nice dark and stormy night brah.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:47 pm
Irish wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:45 pmimgur is free
Look again, I changed the video out for a longer one......That was the wildest electrical storm.... minimal thunder but at lease 20 minute of rapid fire electrical bursts....
SAWCE

Thanks Bri! Let’s see if that link works for you to click on to watch.
Irish

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:48 pm Here we go! Timing is a little off since this was one of the first times practicing. I want to time the front double bicep after standing up to hit rift when the music gets heavy.

Need to work on my transitions and balance a bit in the poses, but overall, I’m pretty happy with the rough draft we have.
Yes it took me to your page on flicker.... but I edited it to use the I tried to use the "media" BBCode .... I hope it works

Turbo Edit... it appears it didnt...... I think you need a different link format from FLicker..... one that has a file extension like .mp4 or something....

But at least we can watch it off site..... the video is awesome man, you put in some serious work and you look fantastic...
Last edited by Irish on Mon May 10, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SAWCE

Thank you! :wub:
Irish

You're Welcome

For future reference

You can go to the share button and then the BBCode Tab, choose small or medium and copy the link. And just paste it here you will get this:

Image5/9/21 Posing Practice by Brandon Alius, on Flickr

What's nice is that we then get a preview and clickable links including just clicking on the picture....
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:50 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:47 pm

Look again, I changed the video out for a longer one......That was the wildest electrical storm.... minimal thunder but at lease 20 minute of rapid fire electrical bursts....
I thought you just posted something random that was flickering as a reference to flickr. :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Well, I ended up joining Planet Fitness for now. It's not the best gym, but there is one right by my office (perfect for showering after a bike commute), another two miles from my house, it's cost effective and beats what I have at home. We shall see how I feel about it over time.

This morning I went at the end of my bike commute to the office (starting to go back a bit to work with some newbies). I decided to do a chest and tris day for fun as I hadn't benched in over a year - went for dumb bell bench press, smith machine incline press, dumb bell flies, dips, and hanging leg raises (didn't have a ton of time).

I am contemplating what sort of programming to do moving forward. I don't want to do anything crazy with legs to hamper my cycling routine, just want to focus on maintaining what size I have left, staying lean/looking good, and maintaining some decent strength, not really looking for any huge gainz.

I have always enjoyed 531, so I may just pick that back up, but curious on any other program ideas. It would be cool to maybe hit the gym twice a week to hit heavier dumb bells/smith machine stuff and then supplement with what I have at home, but I could probably make it to the gym three times per week as well if needed.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:43 pm Well, I ended up joining Planet Fitness for now. It's not the best gym, but there is one right by my office (perfect for showering after a bike commute), another two miles from my house, it's cost effective and beats what I have at home. We shall see how I feel about it over time.

This morning I went at the end of my bike commute to the office (starting to go back a bit to work with some newbies). I decided to do a chest and tris day for fun as I hadn't benched in over a year - went for dumb bell bench press, smith machine incline press, dumb bell flies, dips, and hanging leg raises (didn't have a ton of time).

I am contemplating what sort of programming to do moving forward. I don't want to do anything crazy with legs to hamper my cycling routine, just want to focus on maintaining what size I have left, staying lean/looking good, and maintaining some decent strength, not really looking for any huge gainz.

I have always enjoyed 531, so I may just pick that back up, but curious on any other program ideas. It would be cool to maybe hit the gym twice a week to hit heavier dumb bells/smith machine stuff and then supplement with what I have at home, but I could probably make it to the gym three times per week as well if needed.
I hit the PF in Lancaster a few times while visiting my parents and it’s really :notbad:

If you want to go heavy a few days and then do 2-3 lighter days at home, I’d do something like PHUL or PHAT.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

https://simplyshredded.com/mega-feature ... -2011.html

Do the heavy days in the gym, then the hypertrophy days at home with your lighter weights and some higher reps.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:43 pm Well, I ended up joining Planet Fitness for now. It's not the best gym, but there is one right by my office (perfect for showering after a bike commute), another two miles from my house, it's cost effective and beats what I have at home. We shall see how I feel about it over time.

I hit the PF in Lancaster a few times while visiting my parents and it’s really :notbad:

If you want to go heavy a few days and then do 2-3 lighter days at home, I’d do something like PHUL or PHAT.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

https://simplyshredded.com/mega-feature ... -2011.html

Do the heavy days in the gym, then the hypertrophy days at home with your lighter weights and some higher reps.
:nice:

I think I may go for something like PHUL and just skip the hypertrophy leg day and see where that takes me. I ride almost every day and I don't want to over exhaust my legs/be sore too much. I doubt I'll even push it too much with the power leg day, but I'd like to at least get some squat/DL work in to maintain some strength.

I actually dead lifted this morning, 205X5, which was pretty easy. I didn't want to go too hard on my first round, given I've fucked up my back before. It felt good :doe: .
SAWCE

Tweaking the mandatories... little angles we’re doing make my legs and arms look bigger. Need to pull my chest up a bit more to stretch out my abs and shift my hips a tough, but pretty fucking stoked on this shot:

SAWCE

Weight loss is slowing down.. I may be right about my stage weight now.. need to tighten up a bit more, but I’m damn close. Two weeks ago I was 210.0, last week 209.4, today 208.3. I think I’m good for 205 on stage. 20lb increase in two years. Really not bad at all.
Irish

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:39 pm Tweaking the mandatories... little angles we’re doing make my legs and arms look bigger. Need to pull my chest up a bit more to stretch out my abs and shift my hips a tough, but pretty fucking stoked on this shot:

:hubba: Looking good Bomber....
SAWCE

Irish wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:48 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:39 pm Tweaking the mandatories... little angles we’re doing make my legs and arms look bigger. Need to pull my chest up a bit more to stretch out my abs and shift my hips a tough, but pretty fucking stoked on this shot:

:hubba: Looking good Bomber....
:wub: thanks man!
SAWCE

Pulling another 50g carbs (200 cals) from my diet and adding 10 more minutes of cardio. Gotta get these last few pounds of fat off. Two weeks to go from today:

Apex
Drives: Abominable

:fap:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:50 pm:fap:
:notwrong:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The legs are definitely looking bigger compared to last time even all leaned out!
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:34 am The legs are definitely looking bigger compared to last time even all leaned out!
Thanks man!! I was stressing for a bit that I’d be way too small again, but now I’m pretty happy with the package I’m bringing this time. I’m ever so slightly hopeful that I could win the whole thing and qualify to compete in a national show next year. The latest one is in July, so that’d give me 9 months to grow and then a 4 month prep. I think I could come in for that 10lbs heavier than I will be for this one.
SAWCE

One week out. 19lbs over where I was for check-ins last time, and we’ll start carbing up this week, so should end right about 20lbs over like I wanted/hoped.

My sleepy, carb-depleted brain forgot about my side chest shot for check ins this morning. Whoops.