DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

If any of you bros use protein bars, Built is doing a closeout of up to 60% off.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

no response from cap at either email or phone. stinks.

I went ahead and ordered the hardware so I can at least assemble it and it will be 80% useful.

I need it. not working out regular for a month or 2 has hit my strength hard. I couldn't hold on to 315 deadlifts today for fahves without straps. I tried a rep at 385 and had to bail because it was falling out my hands...then I was burned could not get it up even strapped in :(

was supposed to get on that linear progress this week...but I guess next week it is.
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:49 pm Owner is opening my gym on Monday. We have a few things to touch up painting, but it’s pretty much done. I got to go in there today completely by myself. During quarantine I was doing a push/pull/legs split, but today I hit my old chest/tricep day since I’ll be able to get in there 6 days a week again. Scaled volume back to 75% and did 3 sets on everything instead of 4. Felt fucking great, but I’m gonna be sore as shit tomorrow. Got a nice titty pump.
Dem :massles: :tits:
:jimp:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:12 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:49 pm Owner is opening my gym on Monday. We have a few things to touch up painting, but it’s pretty much done. I got to go in there today completely by myself. During quarantine I was doing a push/pull/legs split, but today I hit my old chest/tricep day since I’ll be able to get in there 6 days a week again. Scaled volume back to 75% and did 3 sets on everything instead of 4. Felt fucking great, but I’m gonna be sore as shit tomorrow. Got a nice titty pump.
Dem :massles: :tits:
:jimp:
:sissyfight:
SAWCE

Solid shoulder session tonight. Smith machine OHP with 195 going for sets of 10, but last set I still wasn't near failure so repped out 15. Upright rows, side raises superset with front raises, two different rear delt moves, and then shrugs. Fucking burning during the superset.
SAWCE

Doesn’t count since mid-day, full of food and water, and wearing clothes and shoes... but scale at the gym said 257.5 today :fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:15 pm Doesn’t count since mid-day, full of food and water, and wearing clothes and shoes... but scale at the gym said 257.5 today :fuckyeah:
:mindblown:

You are 0.5 :mahtroy: larger than me.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:55 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:15 pm Doesn’t count since mid-day, full of food and water, and wearing clothes and shoes... but scale at the gym said 257.5 today :fuckyeah:

Car payments are measured in SMP, body weight in :mahtroy:

My waking weight is much lower. Expecting to see about 243 this Saturday when I officially weigh in.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:07 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:55 am

My waking weight is much lower. Expecting to see about 243 this Saturday when I officially weigh in.
:ohdang: a 14 pound difference is :mindblown: My fluctuation is around +/- 7.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:14 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:07 am

Yours is probably more normal. Each of my meals weighs about 1.5lbs, and I was 4 meals deep, plus water, clothes, and shoes.. there’s also a chance the scale at the gym reads a bit heavy. I need to put a 25 or 45lb plate on it today and check it’s accuracy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:30 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:14 am

Yours is probably more normal. Each of my meals weighs about 1.5lbs, and I was 4 meals deep, plus water, clothes, and shoes.. there’s also a chance the scale at the gym reads a bit heavy. I need to put a 25 or 45lb plate on it today and check it’s accuracy.
:word:

My home scale seems to read a little light but I figure it's consistent. I typically weigh in in the morning after a pee to get a consistent baseline. Been hovering in the 178-184 range recently. I don't think I will lose any more weight, this seems to be where I sit at my activity level and I'd have to really go hard with the diet to drop more... not interested in that.

Based on looks it doesn't seem like I've lost much :massles: but definitely curious about how my lifting numbers are whenever I can go back. I feel like my home lifts are fairly good, but definitely not the same as low rep barbell shit.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:30 am

:word:

My home scale seems to read a little light but I figure it's consistent. I typically weigh in in the morning after a pee to get a consistent baseline. Been hovering in the 178-184 range recently. I don't think I will lose any more weight, this seems to be where I sit at my activity level and I'd have to really go hard with the diet to drop more... not interested in that.

Based on looks it doesn't seem like I've lost much :massles: but definitely curious about how my lifting numbers are whenever I can go back. I feel like my home lifts are fairly good, but definitely not the same as low rep barbell shit.
That’s what I do. Wake up on a Saturday morning, pee, hop on the scale. Minimizes the variables so my coach can get a better idea of what’s going on and what needs to be done with I send him the number with my pictures from that morning.
SAWCE

Trained legs with a dude from my gym yesterday. We were able to push each other hard enough that I wound up puking after a drop set on the leg press.

I’m fucking hurting this morning.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:57 am Trained legs with a dude from my gym yesterday. We were able to push each other hard enough that I wound up puking after a drop set on the leg press.

:impressive:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:57 am Trained legs with a dude from my gym yesterday. We were able to push each other hard enough that I wound up puking after a drop set on the leg press.

:disgust:

I got the hardware in to build my rack yesterday so I'm going to do that this afternoon.

this morning I trained cleans, ohp, and barbell rows. hopefully I can hit some bench press action after getting this rack built
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:15 am

I got the hardware in to build my rack yesterday so I'm going to do that this afternoon.

this morning I trained cleans, ohp, and barbell rows. hopefully I can hit some bench press action after getting this rack built
:nice:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:impressive: :impressive: :impressive:
:impressive: :gag: :impressive:
:impressive: :impressive: :impressive:
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:15 am

:nice: hope the fitment on the rack is good and it goes together easy.
SAWCE

Solid chest workout. Smith machine was occupied when I showed up, so hit flat bench dumbbell press instead. Hit the 110lb dumbbells for the first time ever. Got 10, 10, 8, 6 :notbad: these are old dumbbells with skinny little handles so I couldn’t grip as tight as I’d have like and I think I could have squeezed a few more reps out if they were normal. Rest of the workout was good. Gnarly pump. Finished with some triceps and then my powerlifting buddy was doing some chain bench presses so I hopped in there for two sets. No idea how much the chains weighed. First set was two 25lbs plates sandwiching the chains on each side; second set was a 25 on the inside, then chains, then a 45. Could definitely feel how much the chains force you to stabilize the weight compared to normal. Hit a relatively easy set of five. Don’t think I was fully locking out at the top like he was, but I generally don’t do that to keep tension on the muscle I’m working while he always locks out since he trains like he’s competing.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

first day back squatting, wow, that was heavy. didn't go too hard because no safeties and I want to be able to walk tomorrow.

225 3x5. It felt way too heavy. Hopefully my LP moves quickly.

Chest was still sore from Friday (!) but benched anyway. 165 3x5.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

starting back on NLP in earnest today

225 3x5 squat, 185 3x5 bench, 3x3 negatives for pullups.

feel great today after :doe:. so yay to getting back into the swing
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Work was done again today. Sucks losing strength.

Good news... stepped on a scale and was under 300 again!

Bad news.... probably 100% lean muscle because of dip in strength.

WHATEVER. LP GOING GREAT. squatted 245 for 3x5, BP 190 3x5 though that last one was a GRIND.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:48 pm Work was done again today. Sucks losing strength.

Good news... stepped on a scale and was under 300 again!

Bad news.... probably 100% lean muscle because of dip in strength.

WHATEVER. LP GOING GREAT. squatted 245 for 3x5, BP 190 3x5 though that last one was a GRIND.
:notbad: I was enjoying the yard gym for a while but kinda missing the barbells at this point.
SAWCE

Yeah I’m really happy to be back in my gym full time.

Had another brutal leg workout yesterday with the dude who I was training with hard enough to make me puke a few weeks ago. Almost did again last night. Every set was a drop set.

Started with Smith machine squats. 225x10 drop to 185x12 drop to 135x15. We did that three times.
Similar set up on leg press next. 7plates per side x10, 6pps x12, 5pps x15. Did that 3 times.
Leg extensions: 150x10, 100x12, 50x15. x3
Single leg curls: 40x10, 30x12, 20x15. x3

Holy fuck. Even with doing some stretching when I got home, drinking a shit ton of water, and eating a massive cheat meal (2 burgers, chicken sandwich, 2 orders of fries from shake shack) my legs were still cramping up all night while I was sleeping. Walking sucked today, but managed to go get a good chest workout in. Added a few reps to my bench press and decline bench press from the week before and added weight to all my other lifts.

I’ll check in with my coach tomorrow and hop on the scale, but I’m expecting to see ~247. I was to be mid 260s without getting tooooo much fluffier by the end of the year. Then I’ll start prepping for a show and hope I’ve built enough muscle to step on stage at at least 220lbs.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

session 5 of LP today, strength really coming back.

265 3x5 squat
195 3x5 bench, and last rep was way less grindy than 190 last week. hope I can keep up 5lb jumps up to 225.
345 1x5 deads. that's a 30lb jump from last week, felt great in the legs and back but I almost dropped last rep due to grip. I'll strap in next week, see how I feel and if another 30lb jump is in the books.
brain go brrrrrr