DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

despite being on the back end of a gout attack in my left foot/ankle and being a tinge sore from moto track day, i worked out. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, NOT TRAIN?!?!?

Squats and bench on week two 3x3..... 315 squat for 8 reps when goal was 6, 200 on bench for 8, which was the goal.

:notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Nice work :fax: !
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:26 amNice work :fax: !
thanks.

after 3 months of 'doing the program' and having to go back to :limp: weights, it feels REALLY good to be moving more iron than i was when I started 531. 200 on the bench for 8 was a :lolol: proposition at the end of my NLP.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Good stuff :fax:

My lower back is feeling mostly better. I’m less worried than I was. I need to set more time aside for stretching after my workouts. Gonna try to be better about that.

Taking today off from lifting to do another demo for Animal, which will give my lower back an extra day to heal up since back is what I’m supposed to train today.
SAWCE

Back in business boys. Started warming up fro my rack deads and felt great. Got up to my working weight of 455 and pulled 10, 8,7,7. Nearly doubled last week’s rep count of 6,5,4,6 or whatever it was.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 pm Back in business boys. Started warming up fro my rack deads and felt great. Got up to my working weight of 455 and pulled 10, 8,7,7. Nearly doubled last week’s rep count of 6,5,4,6 or whatever it was.
:nice:

My turn for back issues. Walking funny on foot from gout and/or little but of a sore from tuesday squats translated to the struggle bus on deads this am.

Was going for 5 at 325 and that last rep had me hitch it a bit and i felt it pull a bit and didn't make the rep. Tried again a minute later and missed again. Tender now but not painful.

This upcoming week of rest will be needed me thinks.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:26 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 pm Back in business boys. Started warming up fro my rack deads and felt great. Got up to my working weight of 455 and pulled 10, 8,7,7. Nearly doubled last week’s rep count of 6,5,4,6 or whatever it was.

My turn for back issues. Walking funny on foot from gout and/or little but of a sore from tuesday squats translated to the struggle bus on deads this am.

Was going for 5 at 325 and that last rep had me hitch it a bit and i felt it pull a bit and didn't make the rep. Tried again a minute later and missed again. Tender now but not painful.

This upcoming week of rest will be needed me thinks.
Dang. It’s crazy how just walking different to favor one foot can throw your hips out and wreck a lift like that. Good shit on the 4 reps though and for trying to grind out the 5th. Week off will be good for you for sure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

My week of rest did me well, i was itching to hit the iron when i got back so I did my week three workout yesterday.

335 for 6 on squats, a PR and 210 for 6 on bench, also a PR. Missed that 7th rep I was shooting for on the bench but cant win them all.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:14 am My week of rest did me well, i was itching to hit the iron when i got back so I did my week three workout yesterday.

335 for 6 on squats, a PR and 210 for 6 on bench, also a PR. Missed that 7th rep I was shooting for on the bench but cant win them all.

Keep up the solid work :fax: and when your body tells you to take a break, a deload week won't hurt.
SAWCE

Squats finally coming back up. I was nearing being able to hit four sets of 10 with 315 right before I came off all the gear in February, but squat strength really took a hit when I had sub 100 testosterone levels for 10 weeks.
Last week I hit all four sets with 7 reps, and got all four sets with 8 reps today :fuckyeah: I’m behind on my goal for squats now, but gonna push them hard and try to catch up and still get to the point where I’m able to get 405 for a set of six by the end of the year.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:13 pm Squats finally coming back up. I was nearing being able to hit four sets of 10 with 315 right before I came off all the gear in February, but squat strength really took a hit when I had sub 100 testosterone levels for 10 weeks.
Last week I hit all four sets with 7 reps, and got all four sets with 8 reps today :fuckyeah: I’m behind on my goal for squats now, but gonna push them hard and try to catch up and still get to the point where I’m able to get 405 for a set of six by the end of the year.
nice.

My report from this am is :eeyore:

Didn't sleep worth a shit b/c of HOA bullSHIT.

Pr on press @ 130 for 2, was aiming for 6 :flaccid:

Pr on Deadlift at 340 for 4, was aiming for 4. I might have had a 5th but was just overall :eeyore: this am and did want to push it and hurt myself. Chalk and alternate grip really made these 'heavy' pulls feel better :doe:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:25 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:13 pm Squats finally coming back up. I was nearing being able to hit four sets of 10 with 315 right before I came off all the gear in February, but squat strength really took a hit when I had sub 100 testosterone levels for 10 weeks.
nice.

My report from this am is :eeyore:

Didn't sleep worth a shit b/c of HOA bullSHIT.

Pr on press @ 130 for 2, was aiming for 6 :flaccid:

Pr on Deadlift at 340 for 4, was aiming for 4. I might have had a 5th but was just overall :eeyore: this am and did want to push it and hurt myself. Chalk and alternate grip really made these 'heavy' pulls feel better :doe:
Hate when outside stuff like that creeps in and kills a workout.

My grip has been shit lately and holding me back a bit too. Decided this week I’m going to start working on it. I trained reverse wrist curls after back on Monday, I’ll hit normal wrist curls today after shoulders, and then then Saturday after hamstrings I’ll train weighted hangs.

Hopefully keep up with that every week throughout the rest of the year and beef up my grip and how my forearms look a bit.
SAWCE

First night experimenting with Sildenafil pre workout. Took 5mg, which is 1/8th of the prescribed doses for boner-town. Didn’t notice anything from it, so I’ll try 10mg tomorrow.
SAWCE

Had some pain in my left shoulder doing shoulder presses last night. I’ve been slacking on hitting my resistance band warm up for upper body days, so I need to get back on that and see if the pain goes away next Thursday.
Had another pain in my right wrist during up right rows, but I think that was because I was using a cambered bar and it was turning my wrist at an odd angle.
Hit my wrist curls to end the workout. Starting light with them and the reverse wrist curls and gonna try to progressively overload them each week like I would any other body part. I’ll measure my forearms tonight and then see what kind of size I can add to them over the next 6 months with training them 3x a week.
SAWCE

10mg of Sildenafil definitely opened me up a bit more, but I don’t think it’s enough to be an effective dose.

15 mg coming up for my chest workout on Sunday.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Nice work bros. Haven’t checked in here forever, but sounds like some good strength is being added. I’ve been ticking away at it and feeling good, haven’t had any back issues in quite some time and I’ve been slowly bringing back up my DLs and working in front squats as Sawce suggested.

Curious if anyone has any tips for moderate elbow discomfort. I can tell it’s derived from lifting but hard to specify what exactly.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 am Nice work bros. Haven’t checked in here forever, but sounds like some good strength is being added. I’ve been ticking away at it and feeling good, haven’t had any back issues in quite some time and I’ve been slowly bringing back up my DLs and working in front squats as Sawce suggested.

Curious if anyone has any tips for moderate elbow discomfort. I can tell it’s derived from lifting but hard to specify what exactly.
Is it like tendinitis, or not that bad?

Forearm/grip work may help a bit. If it only happens on presses or heavy tricep moves, you could look at elbow sleeves.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 am Nice work bros. Haven’t checked in here forever, but sounds like some good strength is being added. I’ve been ticking away at it and feeling good, haven’t had any back issues in quite some time and I’ve been slowly bringing back up my DLs and working in front squats as Sawce suggested.

Joint or muscle?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Deload workout yesterday. 3x5. meh. felt good to move but its soooo lighttttttt
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

For anyone who hasn't tried this yet, holy fuck, DO IT!

Hanging some kettlebells from the end of a bar via some bands or the kettlebell presses with bands is one hell of a warmup, or even a working set. I've been taking a pair of 35 pound kettlebells and hanging one from a band from each end and doing a couple sets before loading on the plates. Do that, then put a plate on each side and that 135 pounds will feel like it's barely more than just the bar.

Wish my gym had a bamboo bar to try it with, but even with a regular bar it still works really well.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:24 pm For anyone who hasn't tried this yet, holy fuck, DO IT!

Hanging some kettlebells from the end of a bar via some bands or the kettlebell presses with bands is one hell of a warmup, or even a working set. I've been taking a pair of 35 pound kettlebells and hanging one from a band from each end and doing a couple sets before loading on the plates. Do that, then put a plate on each side and that 135 pounds will feel like it's barely more than just the bar.

Wish my gym had a bamboo bar to try it with, but even with a regular bar it still works really well.
Cool video, tx. What is the point of bamboo?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:37 pm Cool video, tx. What is the point of bamboo?
It's lighter; the 45lb bar sort of acts like a counterweight to the kettlebells hanging from it, but a bamboo bar will accentuate the effect of those chaotic weights.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:37 pm Cool video, tx. What is the point of bamboo?
It's lighter; the 45lb bar sort of acts like a counterweight to the kettlebells hanging from it, but a bamboo bar will accentuate the effect of those chaotic weights.
GOT IT
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:46 pm
:dat:

The bamboo bar will bend and oscillate with the weights hanging from it much more than a normal Olympic bar will.

Great for stability work.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Knee Sleeves. How many of you guys use them? Any brand recommendations?

Discuss.