DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SAWCE wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 pm I failed this morning, I was just so goddamn tired.

Sent from the Beer Depository
Start doing sets of 20 pushup and pullups every time one of the kids wakes you up.
I should start doing something at home. Something is better than nothing.

:therapist:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Calvinball wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:59 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Start doing sets of 20 pushup and pullups every time one of the kids wakes you up.
I should start doing something at home. Something is better than nothing.

In4Calvinball's iron dungeon.
SAWCE

I met him in person last year, and while he’s very short (probably 5’6”) it’s crazy think that he gets down to 212lbs for weigh-ins in order to compete in the 212 class. He’s a fucking monster and looks way bigger than that.

SAWCE

Lol had to just link the IG photo, because tapatalk wouldn't let me post it. #freethenipple
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

I need to get more sleep to help recovery. I keep getting this small, nagging issues popping up. It's such a downer. :sad:
The panda hath arrived.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

the discount belt on amazon is on even beter discount do to where house :dill:

pulled trigger, lets hope it fits. reviews say it runs big
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:04 am the discount belt on amazon is on even beter discount do to where house :dill:

Which belt? Anything should work as long as you keep it a little loose like Pecs and I were talking and use it to really learn to brace againt. And if you're doing that they'll last longer since you aren't torquing them down super tight and then pushing against them. I've seen those fabric harbinger belts tear in half mid lift from dudes doing that repeatedly.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:25 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:04 am the discount belt on amazon is on even beter discount do to where house :dill:

Which belt? Anything should work as long as you keep it a little loose like Pecs and I were talking and use it to really learn to brace againt. And if you're doing that they'll last longer since you aren't torquing them down super tight and then pushing against them. I've seen those fabric harbinger belts tear in half mid lift from dudes doing that repeatedly.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004X ... UTF8&psc=1
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I did yoga today.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:30 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:25 am

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004X ... UTF8&psc=1
Wow :impressive: same exactl design as mine at 1/3 the price. Interested to hear what you think of the quality of the leather and the buckle. Not a bad entry point at all, especially if it holds up well.
Calvinball

SAWCE wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:59 pm I should start doing something at home. Something is better than nothing.

This morning I did 120 push-ups, curls and hammer curls with a 30 pounder dumbbell (only weight I have in the house), and some crunches.

Obviously didn’t feel like a normal workout, but at least it was something.

SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:51 pm
SAWCE wrote:
This morning I did 120 push-ups, curls and hammer curls with a 30 pounder dumbbell (only weight I have in the house), and some crunches.

Obviously didn’t feel like a normal workout, but at least it was something.

:nice:

I've really been loving hammer curls lately. Developing that brachialis between the bicep and tricep has been finally adding some size to my arms.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Solid workout this morning. Did work sets of squats at 265. I have some film. Need to work on depth still, but otherwise good.

got almost all the bench presses in at 200, failed on the last set of 5. But i racked that bitch, reset, and got the last rep. Taking credit for it and will do next BP's at 200.

Got all of my reps 3x5 on my assist pull ups with the green band, ( :fuckyeah: )which is huge progress from like a month ago where i could not even grind out 3 assisted. Time to drop to the purple band and work on those.

All in all a pretty encouraging morning in the olde home weight room. Finally a little bit of progress.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:35 am Solid workout this morning. Did work sets of squats at 265. I have some film. Need to work on depth still, but otherwise good.

got almost all the bench presses in at 200, failed on the last set of 5. But i racked that bitch, reset, and got the last rep. Taking credit for it and will do next BP's at 200.

Got all of my reps 3x5 on my assist pull ups with the green band, ( :fuckyeah: )which is huge progress from like a month ago where i could not even grind out 3 assisted. Time to drop to the purple band and work on those.

All in all a pretty encouraging morning in the olde home weight room. Finally a little bit of progress.
:fuckyeah:
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:35 am Solid workout this morning. Did work sets of squats at 265. I have some film. Need to work on depth still, but otherwise good.

Nice man! Solid progress on the pullups. I almost bought some bands yesterday cause EliteFTS has theirs 40% off.. I might grab some today actually.
SAWCE

Another solid arm workout at work gym.

Loaded 70lbs onto the EZ bar (I still don't know how much those weight, I should take out to our warehouse and throw it on a scale) and hit most of my sets with 12 reps. I'll stay there for another week or two until I get all 4 sets of 12.

Added a little weight to our adjustable dumbbells and got 12, 12, 10 then squeezed out a few partial reps to really kill them on that last set. I should get all 3x12 next week.

Hammer curls felt heavy after that. 25lbs 12, 10, 10 with a few partials.

195lbs on close grip bench. Left shoulder was pinching a bit lowering the weight for the first rep of each set. I'll need to figure that out. 10, 10 , 7, 6. Same reps as last week :disappoint:

70lbs back on the EZ bar for skull crushers laying on the floor. 12, 12, 13. Got that bonus rep. Moving up next week.

45lbs on our cable extension machine. 15, 15, 20. JFC these burned.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Calvinball

KYGTIGuy wrote:
That’s fucking crazy.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:11 pm
look, i know i git depth issues, but im even way deeper than that
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Tried to hit a gym in Lancaster on Saturday. Went to one that used to be called Monster Fitness, but is now Frontier Fitness or some shit. Day passes have gone up from $8 to $15, and then the only area you can really squat in has no mirrors or safety bars :dafuq: The extension and curl machines they have were weird feeling too. Hit two sets on those then went to go squat and worked up to my 315, but didn't feel comfortable hitting it more than one set. Left after that and just did my full leg day yesterday. Had a very "meh" workout yesterday with the heat and being tired from making the drive back down to SD, but at least I got it in.
Calvinball

First Monday in the gym in a while. Brit usually goes in to the office leaving by 630 so typically Mondays just don’t happen.

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Any tips on diet and training to reduce body fat? I have a small frame and I'm carrying around 10 to 15 pounds of just fat. Noticable belly and chest in a polo. 6 foot 175 rn.

Don't need all kinds of gains, just look better in a t-shirt
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:33 pm Any tips on diet and training to reduce body fat? I have a small frame and I'm carrying around 10 to 15 pounds of just fat. Noticable belly and chest in a polo. 6 foot 175 rn.

Diet is going to be number 1. If keto works for you, stick to that, but if you ever do switch to trying to build some decent muscle, it's not the best approach.

A general rule of thumb to start out. Take your bodyweight, 175, and multiply by 15. 175*15 = 2625. Eat that many calories for a week. The following week, take your new body weight and multiply by 14. Work your way down to *10.

Stucturing your calories for those days should go as follows (obviously not keto):
Protein, 1g per lb of body weight. Protein has 4cals per gram. There's 700 calories per day your first week.
Fat, .5g per lb of body weight. Fat has 9cal per gram. At 87-88g of fat you have 790ish calories per day your first week.
Carbs, fill the gap. 2625 - 700 - 790 = 1135 calories remaining. Carbs are also 4cals per gram, so that gives us 283g of carbs per day.

These numbers will drop each week, and when you get down to BW*12, increase your protein to 1.5g/lb. Fats stay the same, and carbs will obviously drop significantly at this point since protein will take more of a role. We do this because a calorie is not a calories, and protein has a higher thermic effect than carbs do, and they are much harder for your body to digest, so you don't actually get all of those calories.

Like we've talked about, I don't have much experience with keto, but you could do something similar to this with the BW*15 and work your way down but structure the calories as needed for the fats and proteins.

I highly recommend weighing all your food to get accurate counts, but some people are just against that and feel that it's borderline eating disorder behavior.
SAWCE

If during week 1 you gain weight instead of lose weight, we know we stared too high, and we'd skip 14 for week 2, and go to 13 and see how that goes.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:27 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:33 pm Any tips on diet and training to reduce body fat? I have a small frame and I'm carrying around 10 to 15 pounds of just fat. Noticable belly and chest in a polo. 6 foot 175 rn.

Diet is going to be number 1. If keto works for you, stick to that, but if you ever do switch to trying to build some decent muscle, it's not the best approach.

A general rule of thumb to start out. Take your bodyweight, 175, and multiply by 15. 175*15 = 2625. Eat that many calories for a week. The following week, take your new body weight and multiply by 14. Work your way down to *10.

Stucturing your calories for those days should go as follows (obviously not keto):
Protein, 1g per lb of body weight. Protein has 4cals per gram. There's 700 calories per day your first week.
Fat, .5g per lb of body weight. Fat has 9cal per gram. At 87-88g of fat you have 790ish calories per day your first week.
Carbs, fill the gap. 2625 - 700 - 790 = 1135 calories remaining. Carbs are also 4cals per gram, so that gives us 283g of carbs per day.

These numbers will drop each week, and when you get down to BW*12, increase your protein to 1.5g/lb. Fats stay the same, and carbs will obviously drop significantly at this point since protein will take more of a role. We do this because a calorie is not a calories, and protein has a higher thermic effect than carbs do, and they are much harder for your body to digest, so you don't actually get all of those calories.

Like we've talked about, I don't have much experience with keto, but you could do something similar to this with the BW*15 and work your way down but structure the calories as needed for the fats and proteins.

I highly recommend weighing all your food to get accurate counts, but some people are just against that and feel that it's borderline eating disorder behavior.
Do those numbers apply to women? My wife wants to try something other than keto too.