DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Calvinball wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:49 pm Squat rack was unattended but weights were loaded. I wait and look around, sure enough a guy comes up and says he’s on it, 3 more sets.

No problem.

So maybe don’t spend 7 minutes talking to other people in between sets when you know someone is waiting.

Sent from the Beer Depository
I hate that. I got to the gym like 10 minutes late on Monday, and one trainer there has a group/circuit class he does with like 5-6 people. Of course they were using the smith machine, so I had to wait on them to all go through their circuit a few times before I could use it. I wish the owners wouldn't let him run a class like that.. our gym is tiny and having 6 machines being used at once by one group for 10-15 minutes at a time is a huge loss for everyone else in there.
SAWCE

Back day last night.. felt pretty good. I was supposed to hit it Tuesday, but skipped because I had a gnarly headache on Tuesday and slept weird Monday night and my upper left back was sore.

Started with pull-ups. Decided to strap on an extra 25lbs instead of 10lbs. Got 10, 8, 8, 6, which I feel pretty good about.. will be cool when I get to the point where I'm strapping up with a full plate to do them.

Moved on to deadlifts next. I couldn't lift in/behind the power rack like I normally do since someone was squatting in it, so I set up outside of the secondary squat rack. I think I've mentioned that my gym is upstairs... Since there isn't a full foundation under our floor, there are some dips and hills in the floor from over the years, and one of those was right where I was deadlifting. In addition to being slightly off-balance, I just didn't feel super secure about deadlifting there.. not sure how old those floors are or if they're really gonna support 550lbs in 1.5sqft.. Hit my 335lb deadlifts anyways. Got 10, 10, 10, 6.. the balance really threw me off on the last one, but overall I feel really good about those numbers since I hadn't deadlifted in a month and last time I only got 8, 8, 8, 8 with that 335. So added 4 reps total, and I'll really push to do the same and finish out my 4x10 in two weeks when I deadlift again.

Pull downs, cable rows, and cable pull overs after that to finish up. Had a good pump and was feeling surprisinly strong for how long we've been cutting my weight down. Before I moved on to calves, I decided to do a single set of spyder curls, to really isolate my biceps and make sure I was taking my shoulders out of the equation. Grabbed a 25lb bar, and knocked out 25 reps. I definitely could have got more, and next week I'll do them again on Tuesday after back but shoot for 35-50 reps.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Has anyone here carried their supplements on a plane with small bottles or containers. Im contemplating on taking my pre and whey (looks white aka looks like cocaine) when i go to turkey in one of my shaker bottles and my pre in 2 way bottle to store 1 scoop of whey and pre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:08 pm Has anyone here carried their supplements on a plane with small bottles or containers. Im contemplating on taking my pre and whey (looks white aka looks like cocaine) when i go to turkey in one of my shaker bottles and my pre in 2 way bottle to store 1 scoop of whey and pre.

Can't you just buy that shit overseas?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:31 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:08 pm Has anyone here carried their supplements on a plane with small bottles or containers. Im contemplating on taking my pre and whey (looks white aka looks like cocaine) when i go to turkey in one of my shaker bottles and my pre in 2 way bottle to store 1 scoop of whey and pre.

Theres gnc there too actually and checked Turkey’s bodybuilding.com online store, but they dont sell all the same products as they sell here, which includes the stuff i buy, and dont taste as good
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:34 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:31 pm

Theres gnc there too actually and checked Turkey’s bodybuilding.com online store, but they dont sell all the same products as they sell here, which includes the stuff i buy, and dont taste as good
I think I'd rather eat some meh tasting whey than give the customs man some reason to detain me.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:39 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:34 pm

I think I'd rather eat some meh tasting whey than give the customs man some reason to detain me.
Id probably be fine if i show both my turkish and american passport in case it happens, who knows. Or wrap paint tape in the inner bottle so they dont see. Atleast i’ll get em for much cheaper
SAWCE

I've never had a problem flying within the States with it, but I haven't tried international. I scoop as much as I'll need for my trip into a big ziplock back, and then I write "protein" or "pre-workout" on the bag with a marker. I'd done that in carry-ons and checked luggage both with no hassles from TSA.

In fact, the only time I ever got held up for supplements, was when I had a full unopened container of pre workout flying home from Vegas last year. They pulled me aside, swiped my hands with that card they put in the reader, swiped the canister a few times, and then sent me on my merry way.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:49 pm

I've never had a problem flying within the States with it, but I haven't tried international. I scoop as much as I'll need for my trip into a big ziplock back, and then I write "protein" or "pre-workout" on the bag with a marker. I'd done that in carry-ons and checked luggage both with no hassles from TSA.

In fact, the only time I ever got held up for supplements, was when I had a full unopened container of pre workout flying home from Vegas last year. They pulled me aside, swiped my hands with that card they put in the reader, swiped the canister a few times, and then sent me on my merry way.
Smart idea is smart
SAWCE

Had a good shoulder workout last night, despite my back being trashed from working it the night before.

Smith machine pressed 175x10, 185x10, 195x10, then 205x7 racked the weight for 10 breaths then knocked out 3 more to complete my set.
DB side raises 35lb dumbbells for 12, 12, 9 reps then did a dropset to 18lb dumbbells for 18 reps.
Machine side raises 80lbs for 12, then 11 reps
Machine rear raises 70lbs for 12, 12, 12, then an all out set of 20.
Smith shrugs to finish up.. been going way lighter on these and making sure to hold the peak contraction and lower slowly since it's such a short ROM exercise. 155x 12, 12, 15.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:53 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:49 pm

Smart idea is smart
Smarter if you write "Brotein"
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:54 pm Had a good shoulder workout last night, despite my back being trashed from working it the night before.

Smith machine pressed 175x10, 185x10, 195x10, then 205x7 racked the weight for 10 breaths then knocked out 3 more to complete my set.
DB side raises 35lb dumbbells for 12, 12, 9 reps then did a dropset to 18lb dumbbells for 18 reps.
Smith shrugs to finish up.. been going way lighter on these and making sure to hold the peak contraction and lower slowly since it's such a short ROM exercise. 155x 12, 12, 15.
Do you think you can OHP most of that Smith Machine Weight?
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:17 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:54 pm Had a good shoulder workout last night, despite my back being trashed from working it the night before.

Do you think you can OHP most of that Smith Machine Weight?
I think I could get at least 185 on OHP, but not sure for how many reps. I’ll have to look back at my old 531 log book and see what my best OHP on that was.
SAWCE

Another solid back day last night. Got two more reps over last week on my weighted pull-ups. Four more reps on barbell rows from two weeks ago. Two more reps on pull-downs from two weeks ago. Added weight to both t-bar rows and cable pull overs. I threw in one set to failure of machine preacher curls too just to give my biceps a second stimulus for the week. I did the same with a triceps machine on Monday after hitting chest.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I've been making progress and feel awesome. Now that I have proper form Im working on linear progression with starting strength...

Weight is the same but I'm way stronger and look/feel thinner.

As a bonus the tendonitis is way better today after being worse all week, but I've been sticking with the PT. Hopefully that means its working?
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:09 pm I've been making progress and feel awesome. Now that I have proper form Im working on linear progression with starting strength...

As a bonus the tendonitis is way better today after being worse all week, but I've been sticking with the PT. Hopefully that means its working?
Nice. I was gonna ask how the gym was while you were absent from here. Do you take fish oil? I was getting some bad elbow pain but got back on 7ish grams of fish oil/EFA every day and it cleared right up.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:10 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:09 pm I've been making progress and feel awesome. Now that I have proper form Im working on linear progression with starting strength...

Nice. I was gonna ask how the gym was while you were absent from here. Do you take fish oil? I was getting some bad elbow pain but got back on 7ish grams of fish oil/EFA every day and it cleared right up.
I do sporadically. I also added a Turmeric/curcumin pill per doc's recommendation to help with inflammation.
brain go brrrrrr
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Supplement guys: n-acetylcysteine. Affordable and reputable source?

:therapist:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:23 am My workouts have taken a major hit the past few weeks. As in not at all entering the gym.

But I was motivated today. I went in and started slow again.

As of today, I have managed to lose 30lbs on this deployment. I’m not even close to where I want to be overall. But it’s a pretty awesome feeling to know that I was able to lose so much this quickly. My goal was 20lbs and I’ve kicked its ass. A few more pounds and I’ll be below 200 for the first time in over two years. And amazingly enough even with zero lifting or cardio. I managed to lose another 5lbs. Im going to credit the walking I do and my diet which hasnt been too terrible. This was the kickstart I needed to get going again. 30lbs lost in just over 4 months. Lets see how far I can keep this going.
You probably do lot more walking in Qatar to get somewhere as opposed to Murica where you essentially drive almost everywhere you go?

Same thing happens to me in Turkey, I only drive when I go somewhere far, and the majority of my time there is usually roadtrips. It’s easier to lose weight for me there than it is here, because I walk way more often, as I really have no other choice since driving, finding parking and find available spaces in paid garages is really irritating, it makes parking in DC feel like i’m in a suburb.
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:15 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:10 pm

I do sporadically. I also added a Turmeric/curcumin pill per doc's recommendation to help with inflammation.
Good doctor is good. Natural remedies ftw.
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:23 pm Supplement guys: n-acetylcysteine. Affordable and reputable source?

NAC? For liver and stuff, right? Let me see what I have.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:30 pm
Calvinball wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:23 pm Supplement guys: n-acetylcysteine. Affordable and reputable source?

And potential mitochondrial diseases/disorders.
:therapist:
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:33 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:30 pm

And potential mitochondrial diseases/disorders.
I didn't know it helped with that too, but I only use it for meat head liver protection again high androgen use. Mine is rolled into a comprehensive "organ defense" supplement I use, but I asked a chemist I trust what brand he would recommend or if something generic like that NOW brand is okay.

Have you looked at Ubiquinol with PQQ? I know that does some work down at the mitochondrial level.

Also, I have an article to send you. Chance of it being the same condition that your girl has is slim, but might be worth mentioning to the doctors.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:megusta: In4 :fax: squats450
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:05 pm

:megusta: In4 :fax: squats455
FTFY.. ain't nobody in here using 2.5lb plates on their squat.