Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I just ordered some 28 mm Conti GP5000 TLs for the Ribble... got a flat this morning on my ride, it seems like these have worn pretty thin, I think the puncture was from a piece of gravel.

Also weird was there was grease all over the bottom of my bike. :notsure: where it came from :disgust:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Got a bike race tomorrow (today). Any advice on food/caffeine/PEDs?

DHEA?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:15 pm Image

Finished up the Ripmo today. Maiden voyage is tomorrow.

Ibis Ripmo V2 in Star Destroyer Gray, size L
Fox 36 Performance Elite, 160mm, MY2022
Fox X2 Factory rear shock (I have a DPX2 as a backup)
Bontrager Line Elite 29” wheelset with 108pt hubs. Maxxis DHF 2.5 front and Dissector 2.4 rear
Shimano XT 8100 12 speed drivetrain
Shimano SLX 7120 4 piston brakes, 180mm rotors
Shimano Deore 6100 crankset
PNW Components 200mm Loam dropper, grips, bar and stem
WTB Silverado saddle
How do you like the PNW stuff? I need a longer dropper and was going to go with OneUp. I put some OneUp carbon bars 35mm rise on my bike and I love it. PNW looks good too though.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:48 am
fledonfoot wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:15 pm Image

Finished up the Ripmo today. Maiden voyage is tomorrow.

Ibis Ripmo V2 in Star Destroyer Gray, size L
Fox 36 Performance Elite, 160mm, MY2022
Fox X2 Factory rear shock (I have a DPX2 as a backup)
Bontrager Line Elite 29” wheelset with 108pt hubs. Maxxis DHF 2.5 front and Dissector 2.4 rear
Shimano XT 8100 12 speed drivetrain
Shimano SLX 7120 4 piston brakes, 180mm rotors
Shimano Deore 6100 crankset
PNW Components 200mm Loam dropper, grips, bar and stem
WTB Silverado saddle
How do you like the PNW stuff? I need a longer dropper and was going to go with OneUp. I put some OneUp carbon bars 35mm rise on my bike and I love it. PNW looks good too though.
I really like the setup so far. Grips are nice and tacky, the bar and stem are nicely done too and look good with the matching color accents.

I have both the OneUp v2 dropper and the PNW Loam in the fleet. Both can be adjusted for speed of return, have been consistently smooth and minimal side to side play of the saddle. I think the PNW takes the edge for me… simply being able to unscrew the collar to adjust travel with a small shim is much easier than the pins the oneup needs.

Both are under 6 months old so I don’t have any long term feedback… but can’t go wrong either way.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:35 am Got a bike race tomorrow (today). Any advice on food/caffeine/PEDs?

DHEA?
How long/what kind of race?

I am pretty basic with my nutrition, usually some coffee and an English muffin before, banana at the start, some fruit/bars/candy during and probably 50/50 water and Gatorade. Eating big the day before may help as well, I normally eat a large dinner.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:11 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:35 am Got a bike race tomorrow (today). Any advice on food/caffeine/PEDs?

DHEA?

I am pretty basic with my nutrition, usually some coffee and an English muffin before, banana at the start, some fruit/bars/candy during and probably 50/50 water and Gatorade. Eating big the day before may help as well, I normally eat a large dinner.
Enduro race. I'm in the beginners bracket doing 8 miles iirc. My gun time is 1:04. Just smashed a peanut butter and banana sandwich covered in honey on white bread. Got a Gatorade.

I'm not actually worried about muscle fatigue for this short race, my cardio is the actual issue. I was just curious what you guys do for your routines.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

DHEA?

Enduro race. I'm in the beginners bracket doing 8 miles iirc. My gun time is 1:04. Just smashed a peanut butter and banana sandwich covered in honey on white bread. Got a Gatorade.

I'm not actually worried about muscle fatigue for this short race, my cardio is the actual issue. I was just curious what you guys do for your routines.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:47 am

Hit your local CVS/Walgreens and ask the pharmacist for a box of Bronkaid. That’s about the only legal way to get ephedra now. It’s a great broncodilatador and will give your cardio a little boost.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:28 am

Hit your local CVS/Walgreens and ask the pharmacist for a box of Bronkaid. That’s about the only legal way to get ephedra now. It’s a great broncodilatador and will give your cardio a little boost.
Dosage?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Dosage?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Dp
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:21 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:48 am

I really like the setup so far. Grips are nice and tacky, the bar and stem are nicely done too and look good with the matching color accents.

I have both the OneUp v2 dropper and the PNW Loam in the fleet. Both can be adjusted for speed of return, have been consistently smooth and minimal side to side play of the saddle. I think the PNW takes the edge for me… simply being able to unscrew the collar to adjust travel with a small shim is much easier than the pins the oneup needs.

Both are under 6 months old so I don’t have any long term feedback… but can’t go wrong either way.
I put some i9 hubs and rims on my bike. The 18t DTswiss that came on the bike were strong but so annoying with all that slack in between pedal strokes.

#1 best upgrade by far for my bike.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Definitely need a longer dropper. My hip flexors are trashed.

I was faster than my group on the gravity sections but was absolutely dusted on the climbs. First red flag was that I was the only one not wearing spandex
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

KYGTIGuy wrote:Definitely need a longer dropper. My hip flexors are trashed.

I was faster than my group on the gravity sections but was absolutely dusted on the climbs. First red flag was that I was the only one not wearing spandex
Lycra is quite flattering and it's in style these days, even for people who have never been on a bike.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:56 am

Dosage?
I just take half a tab
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:48 am

Once you try the spandex, you will like it :lolol:

That said I am 50/50 on it when riding mountain bikes, I don't think it makes you faster or anything in the woods, but non baggy shorts are way more convenient in that they don't catch on the saddle and stuff. Jersey pockets are also nice to have.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:09 pm

Start drinking a bit more water 2 days before, pasta the night before, grape nuts/berries/half a banana/greek yogurt for breakfast (banana helps trigger the morning :poop: movement), 2 shot bloks with caffeine 15 mins before, 2 shot bloks every 30 mins thereafter. #sendit.

That's what works for me.
Ah yes, :triggered: the :poop: is key! For me, it is coffee that really helps with this, coffee and a banana is king.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:30 pm Man, wanting to do a thing.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 966404956/
:doit:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:34 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:48 am

Once you try the spandex, you will like it :lolol:

That said I am 50/50 on it when riding mountain bikes, I don't think it makes you faster or anything in the woods, but non baggy shorts are way more convenient in that they don't catch on the saddle and stuff. Jersey pockets are also nice to have.
I wore a black LBS shirt(Bike Zoo in Knoxville Tennessee) and a pair of HandUp black long pants. It was 83 degrees.

That said, I love riding in HandUp pants. I have 3 pairs and end up wearing them daily even when not riding.

I really wish I had a pair of their Jorts for the race yesterday.

https://handupgloves.com/collections/all-bottoms
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:34 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:56 am

Dosage?
I just take half a tab
So taking two was a mistake...
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:34 am
I just take half a tab
So taking two was a mistake...
You’re still alive. Try three next time.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:37 pm :doit:
Well, I attempted to. Bike was not as minty as described; rather, it looked like a junkyard dog had gnawed on the left shifter.

The guy bangs it against the cinderblock wall in his garage every time he hangs it.

Also, I think I determined that a 58 Tarmac (or any Tarmac) isn’t the right bike for me. 58 is too long of a reach, 56 too short of a stack.

Might be time to just send it on ordering a 56 Supersix. :doomed:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:52 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:10 pm

I wore a black LBS shirt(Bike Zoo in Knoxville Tennessee) and a pair of HandUp black long pants. It was 83 degrees.

That said, I love riding in HandUp pants. I have 3 pairs and end up wearing them daily even when not riding.

I really wish I had a pair of their Jorts for the race yesterday.

https://handupgloves.com/collections/all-bottoms
Oh fuck, I need some Handup jorts.
They do seem made for you :mahman:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:54 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:37 pm

:doit:
Well, I attempted to. Bike was not as minty as described; rather, it looked like a junkyard dog had gnawed on the left shifter.

The guy bangs it against the cinderblock wall in his garage every time he hangs it.

Also, I think I determined that a 58 Tarmac (or any Tarmac) isn’t the right bike for me. 58 is too long of a reach, 56 too short of a stack.

Might be time to just send it on ordering a 56 Supersix. :doomed:
Sad! Not surprised though, most people don’t care for their shit… and it’s tough keeping a bike minty.