DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:26 am

Got four days in last week, shooting for the same this week.

Back is still not right, but I’m hoping that it will start improving again with some consistent gym time as long as I don’t do anything stupid there that’ll aggravate it more.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:46 am

Got in a good workout last night

Squat 295 for 3x5
OHP 117.5 for 1x5 & 2X4
Deadlifted 305 for a set of 5
pullups, 4x3 with the purnurple band, 1x3 with the green.
Weekly :fax:
Ernest Hemingway wrote: There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:38 pm

golftdibrad wrote:

Squat 295 for 3x5
OHP 117.5 for 1x5 & 2X4
Nice dude!

I thought about deadlifting last night on my back day, but I'll save it for next week since I only hit them every other week. I want to give my joints a little bit of a break from all the harsh drugs I was on pre-show and not try to go stupid heavy this first week back in the gym. Next week doe, it's on!
:sawce:

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:47 pm

SAWCE wrote:
golftdibrad wrote:

Squat 295 for 3x5
OHP 117.5 for 1x5 & 2X4
Nice dude!

I thought about deadlifting last night on my back day, but I'll save it for next week since I only hit them every other week. I want to give my joints a little bit of a break from all the harsh drugs I was on pre-show and not try to go stupid heavy this first week back in the gym. Next week doe, it's on!
Thanks. I'm definitely feeling like less of a :fatty: all over. Its a good thing. Oh, despite not really being on any specific diet... i was 287 this morning.
Ernest Hemingway wrote: There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:54 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:47 pm
SAWCE wrote:

Nice dude!

Thanks. I'm definitely feeling like less of a :fatty: all over. Its a good thing. Oh, despite not really being on any specific diet... i was 287 this morning.
Keep it up man. Just be conscious of what you eat through the holidays. If you can maintain a slow loss like that through them, it'll be easy to kick start some rapid loss with a dialed in diet after the holidays are over.

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:20 am

only had 2 sleeps and 36 hours recovery for this mornings workout.

squats at 300 for reps. felt ok

Bench press at 202.5..... :lolol: I barely got in 5 reps, had to drop 40 lbs off the bar and barely ground out the last two sets of 5.

It will likely be 5 days before i can lift again, so I'll likely just try to repeat today's workout.

Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:53 pm

Second week back is going strong! Got in for day three this morning, no reason I shouldn’t make it in there again tomorrow for two four-day weeks.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Squat shoes. I lift barefoot. am I doing it wrong?

SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:07 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
I like squatting and deadlifting barefoot, but I use Cons since they have a flat sole and my gym doesn't allow you to be barefoot. Squat shoes have a flat, but angled sole where the heel sits higher than the toes. This is nice if you have poor ankle mobility. But if you have poor ankle mobility and rely on squat shoes to make depth, you're ignoring the problem instead of working on addressing it.

If you do have poor ankle mobility, but you're working on it and want squat shoes in the meantime, just pop a 2.5lb or 5lb plate under each heel wear your cons (driving shoes are probably nice and flat too), or go barefoot with the plate under there and save yourself $100+.

SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:41 pm

All that said, Iron Tanks is running a buy one get one free sale on their Riot and Titan II gym shoes. They average $90 USD.. If anyone wants to go splits on shoes with me, we could each get some nice $45ish gym shoes. Flat sole, good for squats and deadlifts, high top for ankle support, nice padding for comfortability. I had a pair that they shipped me for free on accident and I loved them, but Ava chewed them up when she was a pup. Would definitely be down to grab another pair.

https://www.irontanksgymgear.com/collec ... collection

I'd be swooping up the Titan II in black, but the red and blue look cool too if you're into loud shoes.

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:41 pm

SAWCE wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:07 pm
golftdibrad wrote:
I like squatting and deadlifting barefoot, but I use Cons since they have a flat sole and my gym doesn't allow you to be barefoot. Squat shoes have a flat, but angled sole where the heel sits higher than the toes. This is nice if you have poor ankle mobility. But if you have poor ankle mobility and rely on squat shoes to make depth, you're ignoring the problem instead of working on addressing it.

If you do have poor ankle mobility, but you're working on it and want squat shoes in the meantime, just pop a 2.5lb or 5lb plate under each heel wear your cons (driving shoes are probably nice and flat too), or go barefoot with the plate under there and save yourself $100+.
ok, i'll continue to thug it barefoot. :like:

coogles
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2017 GTI Sport

Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:11 pm

:fuckyeah:Image

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:20 pm

coogles wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:11 pm
:fuckyeah:Image

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Dat BLOOOO :jimp:

Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: TrukYeah!

Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:38 pm

yaasssss :fuckyeah:

Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:31 pm

On week 5 of my program! Been nice regaining the consistency of working out following that string of injuries. :like:
The panda hath arrived.

SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:45 pm

Got my new plan from my coach. Adding in some extra volumes for arms, shoulders, and legs since those are my weak points. Arms we're adding a triceps exercise at the end of my chest day, and a biceps exercise at the end of my back day. They'll still get trained completely by themselves on one day of the week. Shoulders we're adding in two more exercises that day, one of which will be superset with one of the older lifts I'd been doing. Legs we're splitting out into a quad day and a hamstring/glute day. Adding a little volume for each group to each day since I had been hitting them together as one day and limiting the volume a bit becuase of that.

Fucking pumped to start growing and to be focusing on what I see as my weak points.

SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:29 am

New quad workout was brutal.

Warmed up with two light supersets if extensions and laying hamstring curls..

Squats: 4sets, 10 reps, 275lbs
Hack squat w/narrow foot position: 4 sets, 10 reps, 190lbs on the sled
Smith machine front squats: hadn’t hit these before so just did the bar, 4 sets, 10 reps
Walking lunges: 4 sets, 15 reps each leg, bodyweight
Extensions w/hard contraction: 4 sets. Goal was 20 reps each, but I hit failure before that. Went 17, 15, 13, 13. 55lbs. I finished the 20 reps on each of them, but the res following my posted number were just swinging the weight up to burn them out after failing on being able to hold a contraction up top for a second or two.

Legs are jell-o doing cardio right now.

golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:01 pm

That sounds brutal.

My update: one week later..

i repeated my last workout, squats at 300 felt good so time to add 5 lbs to the bar.

Bench felt better but missed last two reps at 202.5, dropped weight off the bar to get in a few more reps for the volume.

Deadlifted 300, did some pullups.... :notbad: way to start the morning. Hopefully I'll get in a workout saturday.

SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:56 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:01 pm
That sounds brutal.

My update: one week later..

i repeated my last workout, squats at 300 felt good so time to add 5 lbs to the bar.

Bench felt better but missed last two reps at 202.5, dropped weight off the bar to get in a few more reps for the volume.

Deadlifted 300, did some pullups.... :notbad: way to start the morning. Hopefully I'll get in a workout saturday.
:fuckyeah:

• Information