2021 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:44 am
max225 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:38 am

Yea it takes a bit of time to see… :notsure: if that’s good or bad
Right. Photos make it look drastically different, but not so much IRL.

This one also had a Japanese front plate and a bunch of ricer stickers and shit on it. They haven't been for sale that long, so this kid was clearly ready to "make it his own" as soon as he got it. That threw me off too and also :disgust:

Because Japanese cars are somewhat rare in Michigan, people seem to feel obligated to go over the top with rice type decorations, especially on BRZ/FRS.
Same thing here. Also we were out wine”ing” yesterday and walked by a brz, :tits: went “is that the new one you showed me” I had to do a double take and it wasn’t … but proves the similarity thing you observed as well.

Also all of them have like the half face stickers “peaking” out from the rear windows. :disgust: they are probably the most “modified” cars out there
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:48 am

This one also had a Japanese front plate and a bunch of ricer stickers and shit on it. They haven't been for sale that long, so this kid was clearly ready to "make it his own" as soon as he got it. That threw me off too and also :disgust:

Because Japanese cars are somewhat rare in Michigan, people seem to feel obligated to go over the top with rice type decorations, especially on BRZ/FRS.
Same thing here. Also we were out wine”ing” yesterday and walked by a brz, :tits: went “is that the new one you showed me” I had to do a double take and it wasn’t … but proves the similarity thing you observed as well.

Also all of them have like the half face stickers “peaking” out from the rear windows. :disgust: they are probably the most “modified” cars out there
Mods are one thing, but the stickers and plates and whatnot are just :disgust:

I hate that on any car, but it certainly does seem to be most prevalent on these things.

Also saw a Corolla Hatch in that bright ass blue color, we were white knuckling on the highway together on Saturday. Looked to be about my age, car was completely stock but looked really cool. Even the wife mentioned that it looked neat.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

New rollas look great. The hatch is a little small inside though. Much smaller than your CT
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:05 am New rollas look great. The hatch is a little small inside though. Much smaller than your CT
Interesting. I'll be curious to check one out when the GR variant drops.

As a second vehicle, I don't really care about interior space unless I personally feel cramped in it. The 4R will be around for hauling purposes. ANY compact car is too small for a single vehicle for us, this has been determined.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:38 am

Yea it takes a bit of time to see… :notsure: if that’s good or bad

Kind of :mindblown: that someone already got one of these, equipped with snow :225: , covered in ricer :bs: . I still haven't seen either twin in real life.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:24 am

Kind of :mindblown: that someone already got one of these, equipped with snow :225: , covered in ricer :bs: . I still haven't seen either twin in real life.
I was shocked. Especially to see it where I live, we're the last to see any new vehicle it seems.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

Late to the thread but I secured :cheese: the morning after RLWake's :hibachi:. Took me a minute to figure out what :plac: meant
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
max225

adoob wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:04 pm Late to the thread but I secured :cheese: the morning after RLWake's :hibachi:. Took me a minute to figure out what :plac: meant
When did you buy it?
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:22 pm
adoob wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:04 pm Late to the thread but I secured :cheese: the morning after RLWake's :hibachi:. Took me a minute to figure out what :plac: meant
When did you buy it?
Morning of December 17th
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

adoob wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:26 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:22 pm

When did you buy it?
Morning of December 17th
Sneaking in for another 2021 entry! I'm almost :sad: that it wasn't in 2022 though, gotta always strive for another record year.
ChrisoftheNorth

The :cheese: might be the top :plac: vehicle, appearing on the list multiple years in a row, more than any other single vehicle.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:49 am The :cheese: might be the top :plac: vehicle, appearing on the list multiple years in a row, more than any other single vehicle.
It's :impressive: that it somehow draws everyone who owns it into the forum. I remember when the dude who bought :mahtroy: :poorvette: joined but he :nope: out.

:ohwell:

:pouroneout: for :mahtroy:
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:28 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:49 am The :cheese: might be the top :plac: vehicle, appearing on the list multiple years in a row, more than any other single vehicle.
It's :impressive: that it somehow draws everyone who owns it into the forum. I remember when the dude who bought :mahtroy: :poorvette: joined but he :nope: out.

Two things were basically set in stone before I was allowed to buy the car:

1. The plate I eventually put on it must be of the Cheese variety (going with CHEEESY as soon as I can get my butt over to the DMV with cash in hand for the fees)

2. I need to join DFD (I started lurking about a month ahead though after Richard mentioned you all)

You guys are a great bunch and I'm definitely sticking around.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

adoob wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:07 pm

1. The plate I eventually put on it must be of the Cheese variety (going with CHEEESY as soon as I can get my butt over to the DMV with cash in hand for the fees)

2. I need to join DFD (I started lurking about a month ahead though after Richard mentioned you all)

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Really glad to hear you like it around here. We're an odd group, with a number of oddballs, but it all seems to work out.

And from an automotive standpoint, we might have more collective background and experience than any other forum.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:18 am

Really glad to hear you like it around here. We're an odd group, with a number of oddballs, but it all seems to work out.

And from an automotive standpoint, we might have more collective background and experience than any other forum.
All :dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.