2021 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:34 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:35 pm Next gen 4Runner is coming with a Prime plug in hybrid electric model in the mix.

The ever delayed wait for the BZ4X electric range only helps keep the thirsty truck fleet around.
I’m both :fuckyeah: and :disgust: at plugins. They make so much sense and yet they also do not.
Agree. You're sacrificing efficiency by having the extra weight of the electric motors and batteries, or by having an entire ICE drivetrain depending on which way you're looking at it, but you also get to have your cake and eat it too.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:35 pm Next gen 4Runner is coming with a Prime plug in hybrid electric model in the mix.

The ever delayed wait for the BZ4X electric range only helps keep the thirsty truck fleet around.
THIS is how it survives another generation.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

I’m both :fuckyeah: and :disgust: at plugins. They make so much sense and yet they also do not.
I'm torn. I loved our Volt, the plug in hybrid element was fantastic. The car just kind of sucked. I like the tech in theory a lot, but it's really just a bridge to the BEV future, and the complexity is no joke.

A plug in 4Runner is probably our ideal vehicle. Around town on electric, then gas for long trips. And I have more confidence in Toyota developing a robust PHEV than any other OEM. :popcorn: on that.

But a better scenario for us would be to keep the 5th gen and add a full EV to the fleet for around town and highway cruising. Less complexity in either vehicle.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Dealer finally got the sale sheet for our truck up. They’re asking $32k for it, with almost 45k miles on it. We paid a touch over that when we bought it in July of 16’…. Used car pricing is stupid.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:09 pm
Camry must be built locally so they have more fidelity on delivery time. Today is the first day I got an actual ETA for the 4R, and it's 2 weeks away.
Dealer thinks the time-lines won't change too much, I'm ok with end of Jan, beginning of Feb but I'll probably be paying that $0.20 / km of depreciation by then, since I'm only 500km away from the 149k kms they set trade value to. I'm considering the mileage charge a small rental fee, and who knows I'll probably post the car up privately for the last two weeks of ownership and see if i can get more cash back that way. My wife and i have been trading cars, and I've been driving the Touareg for longer distances... But she does state her discontent with the arrangement, so the sooner, the better.
What is it that she hates about the :gorf: so much? Seems like if you aren't :stig: it is just a normal car?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:11 am

I'm torn. I loved our Volt, the plug in hybrid element was fantastic. The car just kind of sucked. I like the tech in theory a lot, but it's really just a bridge to the BEV future, and the complexity is no joke.

A plug in 4Runner is probably our ideal vehicle. Around town on electric, then gas for long trips. And I have more confidence in Toyota developing a robust PHEV than any other OEM. :popcorn: on that.

But a better scenario for us would be to keep the 5th gen and add a full EV to the fleet for around town and highway cruising. Less complexity in either vehicle.
:dat:

If the plug-in Beep Beep had been available when we bought ours and like 25% more money than ICE or less, I likely would've bought that.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:45 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:11 am

If the plug-in Beep Beep had been available when we bought ours and like 25% more money than ICE or less, I likely would've bought that.
I’m kind of not super into the plug in beep. (Wow phone autocorrected Jeep into beep )

It’s got a 19 mile range and then you’re stuck lugging a 650lb penalty around everywhere you go. I don’t really see the point.

The range needs to be 50-100 miles imo.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:06 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:45 am

I’m kind of not super into the plug in beep. (Wow phone autocorrected Jeep into beep )

It’s got a 19 mile range and then you’re stuck lugging a 650lb penalty around everywhere you go. I don’t really see the point.

Ah OK. I honestly haven't looked into it that much, I don't think it existed when we bought ours.

I would still consider even that as my wife's commuting would just fit in that. I assume the hybrid system at least evens out the extra weight. That is kind of weak :doe:

I personally kind of want a Prius Prime :lolol: #seppukulyfe
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:13 am
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:06 am

Ah OK. I honestly haven't looked into it that much, I don't think it existed when we bought ours.

I would still consider even that as my wife's commuting would just fit in that. I assume the hybrid system at least evens out the extra weight. That is kind of weak :doe:

Presumably you burn through the battery before you hit the freeway and then its ICE only … 20mpg.

Prius Prime ?! :butwhy:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:41 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:20 pm

Dealer thinks the time-lines won't change too much, I'm ok with end of Jan, beginning of Feb but I'll probably be paying that $0.20 / km of depreciation by then, since I'm only 500km away from the 149k kms they set trade value to. I'm considering the mileage charge a small rental fee, and who knows I'll probably post the car up privately for the last two weeks of ownership and see if i can get more cash back that way. My wife and i have been trading cars, and I've been driving the Touareg for longer distances... But she does state her discontent with the arrangement, so the sooner, the better.
What is it that she hates about the :gorf: so much? Seems like if you aren't :stig: it is just a normal car?
:howdy:

:tits: just wants to sit up high; she is used to her Touareg, which is a fat behemoth compared to the :gorf: , it has a light tan interior, is quiet and refined, absorbs railroad tracks without having to slow down for them, and has a factory exhaust note, unlike my Aaaarrr which rolls around with a res delete and Remus valved catback. My car is relatively comfortable when comparing it to anything else in its size segment. Frankly, she got what she wanted, and her opinion doesn't play too much of a role in my car buying decisions.

I do agree though, that the R is a little small for our purposes, and really isn't geared for highway commuting. For that reason, I am legit glad to be moving towards a bigger platform, and the midsized sedan segment seems like a pretty good place to be, especially the Camry Hybrid because it fits my needs so well (work politics aside, it's reliable, refined, and really efficient by todays standards). I will miss the playful nature of the R when I giver on country roads and the occasional spirited driving, but it's a rare occurrence. Hopefully it is a dece driving experience, from reviews the only thing that might throw me off is the numb steering feel, tbd. I got a fairly low priced SE spec with an upgrade pkg that includes a sunroof/heated wheel/mirrors/remote starter and a few other :bs: features. It was the only thing available, but comes in a nice silver on black interior and is 3500 below the next trim pkg that ups the wheel size from 18s to 19s and adds a black roof wrap and LED lights. I think it will work nicely, and I'm hoping that it sticks around for a long ass time.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:07 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:41 am

:tits: just wants to sit up high; she is used to her Touareg, which is a fat behemoth compared to the :gorf: , it has a light tan interior, is quiet and refined, absorbs railroad tracks without having to slow down for them, and has a factory exhaust note, unlike my Aaaarrr which rolls around with a res delete and Remus valved catback. My car is relatively comfortable when comparing it to anything else in its size segment. Frankly, she got what she wanted, and her opinion doesn't play too much of a role in my car buying decisions.

I do agree though, that the R is a little small for our purposes, and really isn't geared for highway commuting. For that reason, I am legit glad to be moving towards a bigger platform, and the midsized sedan segment seems like a pretty good place to be, especially the Camry Hybrid because it fits my needs so well (work politics aside, it's reliable, refined, and really efficient by todays standards). I will miss the playful nature of the R when I giver on country roads and the occasional spirited driving, but it's a rare occurrence. Hopefully it is a dece driving experience, from reviews the only thing that might throw me off is the numb steering feel, tbd. I got a fairly low priced SE spec with an upgrade pkg that includes a sunroof/heated wheel/mirrors/remote starter and a few other :bs: features. It was the only thing available, but comes in a nice silver on black interior and is 3500 below the next trim pkg that ups the wheel size from 18s to 19s and adds a black roof wrap and LED lights. I think it will work nicely, and I'm hoping that it sticks around for a long ass time.
:tits: LOVE sitting up high for...reasons. It's why mine loves the 4R so much.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:20 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:13 am

Presumably you burn through the battery before you hit the freeway and then its ICE only … 20mpg.

Come on.... 20mpgs :lolwut: Who posted the video of it doing 39mpg without battery charge?

Either way, the battery does regen doesn't it? It'll still kick in on the freeway IRL, boosting power during the times you need acceleration for passing, etc. It's not as terrible as it is painted to be...

Saying this though, I'm totally good with their basic hybrid package, and it'll get better as they are experimenting with newer battery types and are already putting it into the base Camry LE Hybrid. Seems to bring the combined from 47 to 52 mpg or something. That's pretty darn good IMO
max225

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:11 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:20 am

Come on.... 20mpgs :lolwut: Who posted the video of it doing 39mpg without battery charge?

Either way, the battery does regen doesn't it? It'll still kick in on the freeway IRL, boosting power during the times you need acceleration for passing, etc. It's not as terrible as it is painted to be...

Saying this though, I'm totally good with their basic hybrid package, and it'll get better as they are experimenting with newer battery types and are already putting it into the base Camry LE Hybrid. Seems to bring the combined from 47 to 52 mpg or something. That's pretty darn good IMO
Once the battery is dead it’s ice only why the bell would it get 39mpg :lolgasm:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:09 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:07 pm

Does anybody have a woman who would prefer be Ferrari height?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

20 miles on EV

21 mpg at 70 :disgust:

This guy does great reviews btw totally under rated
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:40 pm
We don’t date supermodels bro
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:42 pm

Or Danica Patrick. Who is also hotter than a thousand nuclear explosions.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:39 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:11 pm

Once the battery is dead it’s ice only why the bell would it get 39mpg :lolgasm:
lol I need to find that video, yeah 39 can't be the number... BRB
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:52 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:39 pm

39L/100km
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Either whore, I can't find it and I have a real job so fuck it. I think real world people are reporting 36mpg no charge.

https://www.torquenews.com/6626/toyota- ... al-mpg-wow
Last edited by Tar on Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:58 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:52 pm

39L/100km
:mindblown:
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:48 pm

“I only own one car, a Lamborghini sitting in storage that I bought a long time ago,” She continued. “I drive a Ford Expedition, but I don't even own my Expedition. [My sponsor] Ford does.”
What were you saying again?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:33 pm

“I only own one car, a Lamborghini sitting in storage that I bought a long time ago,” She continued. “I drive a Ford Expedition, but I don't even own my Expedition. [My sponsor] Ford does.”
What were you saying again?
:sad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:nope:

Dumped a perfectly good Fusion for a Beep Beep :notsure:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

She is also a home wrecker and a bitch.