The resident Turk vehicular thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:24 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:15 am

Thats a nice car, 2008 is the best year, but 05 had the kinks worked out already. A-spec has nicer wheels and :manuel: i think.
Type s actually, it does look a lot nicer, thats for sure. Just can't find one in decent condition and im not taking a flight for a car that Im only considering to keep for short term.

Features were quite stellar for its year too. Even has bluetooth, so no fm transmitters like I have played music off my iphone in my 04 tsx (came out in 05+ #firstyearproblems )
Type S, that's right!
It this car was taken care of, you really can't go :wrong: , i miss mine for it's durability and quality build.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:24 pm

Thats a nice car, 2008 is the best year, but 05 had the kinks worked out already. A-spec has nicer wheels and :manuel: i think.
Type s actually, it does look a lot nicer, thats for sure. Just can't find one in decent condition and im not taking a flight for a car that Im only considering to keep for short term.

Features were quite stellar for its year too. Even has bluetooth, so no fm transmitters like I have played music off my iphone in my 04 tsx (came out in 05+ #firstyearproblems )
Yep, Type S in blue is legit awesome but probably like a $25K car now or more in decent condish... Nah.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:39 pm Jackpot!! Already told my cousin to go there and check it out. The used diller got 4.5 reviews on google and looks clean. :popcorn: im coming back this upcoming Wednesday

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... 76651/NONE
Aspec nomenclature was after this car. The "Type S" is what you're talking about, and finding it in manual............is unlikely. That is a specialty auction car at this point.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:37 pm

Aspec nomenclature was after this car. The "Type S" is what you're talking about, and finding it in manual............is unlikely. That is a specialty auction car at this point.
:sad: can confirm, most of the type s's I see on that gen are either piloted by :manuel: and :mahtroy: and I barely saw one thats clean for the past few years. Not finding a good example is somewhat expected anyway.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Well, as some of you know, I have finally got a..... daily. It's 5/7 :doe:

Here she is 2021 Honda Accord Sport with the de-tuned Hype R motor (smaller turbo) and couple other components, but otherwise 85% is a hype r engine.
I bought it given the circumstances of the current situation in the market, my driving situation for work and not rush to get a fun car down the road (which when the crazy market will end). Who knows what will happen when the time comes.

Notable features:
- It is essentially the following trim from the base model, weirdly the 1.5 sport does not come with a sunroof, while the 2.0t does. Also 2.0t comes with the 10 speed auto.
- Heated seats
- Auto AC
- Wireless phone charger (or should I say warmer)
- typical honda safety features that I typically :aintcare: of cause I can damn sure drive the okinova cruise chip, so I don’t really need it.

I bought the car last Friday and went to NYC the following day, so far I have done 900 miles already.
Here are my impressions so far:

Exterior:
- I’d say it looks just right, the LED lights are 5/7.
- No need to say anything else since these things are pretty much everywhere.
- Got the factory lip spoiler, which is :notbad:

Interior:
- I’ve been in a few previous gen accords before, and needless to say, it does look and feel pretty damn upscale (basically anything you usually touch).
- I feel like the cockpit is proportioned nicely.
- Did I mention, plenty of room for activities? precisely. Those who saw me know how tall I am, I can sit behind myself with 5 inches of legroom to spare.
- Strokeable materials on front (except for the lower part of door panels where your knees touch) and hard on the rear door trims. Not like brittle plastic like older hon-duh’s.
- Huge cup holder, perfect for big gulps (it is made in Ohio after all).
- Lots of center console storage
- Small glove compartment
- Seats are quite comfortable, barely got any fatique on the roadtrip
- Seats are part leather and vinyl, leather is on the bolster parts whereas vinyls is kind of like a thick racing stripe. Overall good quality.

Cockpit/Dash
- Starting with the cluster, the speedo is analog (pre-historic) while the tach is digital (but looks analog). It has the center part where you can check your speed, mpg, etc. (atleast with the VW’s). But it only shows speed in digital reading, speed limits, cruise and so on, but not anything else.
- In order to see mpg’s, audio, driving assist features, etc. etc. (again in VW, they’re typically in the middle screen), you pretty much press home and don’t see the tach and it can stay that way to monitor the range/mpg if you like.
- I also had the HRV as a rental when I bought this, the infotainment head unit is perfectly designed, super simple to use. I have no complaints.
- Also carplay can be used via bluetooth, therefore I don’t have to plug in my phone every time.
- Like with some of the Honda’s, it has buttons for transmission. As johnny wasteful says, it is a gimmick, but I gotten used to it faster than I thought. Although with the shifter lever I’m typically used to it without looking down on the center console, but that’s obviously not the case. Also I found myself leaving my parking space a little slower due to it.
- The only part that creaks in the interior is the center storage cover right below the HU, where the wireless charger and the usb/cig lighter is. I feel like Honda could’ve made that better, but I never close that thing anyway.

Drivability
- In a sense, this feels a lot like my 04 TSX.
- Steering feel is nicely weighted, more natural. On higher highway speeds it does load up nicely, also when it corners.
- She handles pretty flat (has 235 tires), although you do feel the weight. Very easy to drive too.
- Suspension is a little floaty when you hit little bumps, bounces a little then settles. I would say not far off from GTI.
- Brakes are so-so, definitely not wax-able calipers and it doesn’t give me enough confidence to drive like :stig: with others on the road. Fair bit of travel on the engagement point on the brake pedal, kinda spongy.
- Drive modes are eco, normal, sport. I believe the normal starts at 2nd gear from the stop. Eco, self explanatory, just delays the throttle response. Sport feels exactly like my DSG GTI. Unlike BMW and VW, Honda has nailed the Sport mode gearing and shifting down. Instantaneous downshifts the second you touch the gas. Sometimes even gradually slowing down, it downshifts where it sits at 2.5k RPM, essentially preparing for me to drive like :stig:
- It is an excellent roadtrip cruiser. Because of the 10 speed, I can cruise 80 mph at 2,000 RPM’s.
- Speaking of RPM’s I can definitely concede the gearings are shorter compared to the GTI. This feels slightly faster than a stock GTI. Small story time: I was on the highway, the people in front of me going around 35-40, but the left lanes were open, at that point I was too tired to be stuck behind those slowpokes that I pressed sport mode, gave a moderate throttle, within 3 seconds she flies to 80 mph. I have never gotten past 4.5k because of break in, so I can’t speak about hammering down or a 0-60, etc. But the whole powerband is very torquey, pulls like a freight train.
- Ride quality is pretty good, no where near as jarring as the GTI. However, the car does have 19’s, but has more tire compared to the hype r. A little softer than the GTI

Things I love:
- In contrast vs. with the GTI. In terms of comfort, space, and using piss donkey 87, while retaining the power, handling (in some extent) the Accord 2.0t is an upgrade.
- I would say this is the perfect blend of performance, comfort, for a pretty good price for what you get.
- Gobs of torque.
- It’s an accord, so unlike in the GTI, I won’t have fuckboys in their shitboxes to race me off the lights.
- It is quite a sleeper.
- Great highway cruiser

Nitpicky things I disliked:
- wireless charger is pretty much useless, it only charges my phone for good 20-30 seconds, then stops
- That cheap storage cover right below the AC controls, it’s creaky when you open and close, almost feels like you can break it. I barely touched the thing anyway.
- With the carplay, whenever I skip/pause music, it takes about 1.5 seconds to comply.
- Some of the driving aids can be a little jinxy (I turned them off anyway)

I am happy with what I have currently, I can say it’s a very good accord, but it’s not exactly what I would call sporty, it has a few characteristics in driving, but those don't cover enough. Yes, the car can take some spirited driving and capable of bombing on ramps. In between sit right in the middle of a boring midsize sedan vs .GTI.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The Accord sounds like a great dad mobile, I like the back seat room specifically.

My TL had the same space, which i feel i need more of. Did you compare your car to the Camry?
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Nice write up. Car looks surprisingly good in black, as long as it's clean, of course. lol
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:20 am The Accord sounds like a great dad mobile, I like the back seat room specifically.

My TL had the same space, which i feel i need more of. Did you compare your car to the Camry?
Not on my current review. But I have rented the current gen camry in 2017 when they were new. Accords feel definitely sportier, also sport is more of an appearance pack than anything, suspension is still the same and so on.

Camry feels more boatier, accord is kinda floaty, probably the perfect balance of boat comfort and decent performance. It does brake dive, but not as bad as the camry as I recall.

Camry has ditched the cvt completely, so only 8 speed autos and stuck with the NA engines. They're both nice to drive, but accord is smoother and it lowkey feels like an audi a6 or e class.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:35 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:20 am The Accord sounds like a great dad mobile, I like the back seat room specifically.

Not on my current review. But I have rented the current gen camry in 2017 when they were new. Accords feel definitely sportier, also sport is more of an appearance pack than anything, suspension is still the same and so on.

Camry feels more boatier, accord is kinda floaty, probably the perfect balance of boat comfort and decent performance. It does brake dive, but not as bad as the camry as I recall.

Camry has ditched the cvt completely, so only 8 speed autos and stuck with the NA engines. They're both nice to drive, but accord is smoother and it lowkey feels like an audi a6 or e class.
It looks and sounds pretty good, nice car dude! 👍🏼
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I thought I'd give a small little update on my fleet. Little overdue as well.

As most of you know, I've been in Turkey for a month last December, so time to give some deets to the french shitbox, aka Le Clio.

It stayed over at my grandparents place, very safe area.
- The first start, when I tried to turn the key, it couldn't turn over and I feel like I could break the key if I apply more pressure. I tried it again, I feel like I needed to have a sweet spot to get her successfully turned it over. Never did it again. My friends Tiguan did that twice when I had it, just happened randomly.
- After driving the accord for good 6 weeks, the steering does feel numb-er in comparison. Still drives good, added roughly 3k kilometers, since I had a christmas roadtrip, about a 3.5 hour drive.
- She got rear ended around 15 kmh's by a BMW 218i grand tourer, but it absorbed the impact pretty well, but I was very well aware of the thud. The only thing thats visibly damaged thats easy to spot was the plate bracket and had wider gaps on one of the trunk than the other. Still drove fine, no hiccups, parking sensors worked the way it should be.
- Got her serviced, so here are some :aintcare: observations. One thing that didn't surprise me is no loaners, they only exist on :waxer: brands, so BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar, LR, Porsche, etc. But the service know how to wash cars, no swirl marks in sight and cleaned it to the teeth, even the engine bay, so :mindblown: Given the currency exchange, service was cheap (to USD and Euro standards), about $30.
- My family is visiting Turkey again for 2 weeks next month while I'll be in Murica so they'll be driving it. 

Accord.
- Also serviced her, oil changed and all that jazz.
- She hit 7k miles just last week.
- Started to get decent on gas.
- Here are some couple bugs I had with the car, this may be for Honda's in general. When the front radar notices the car slowing down fairly quick, the car alerts with a slight big "BRAKE" on the dash followed by a beep. So I was merging on a highway in DC where there's a no merge lane, the guy in front of me, leaving roughly 4 car lengths, the system instigated to brake hard out of nowhere, which caused my car to freak out, even when I applied the brakes moderately, the system caused to slam it only to be stopped a car lenght behind the car in front that stopped.
- Now the second bug, its more of an enthusiast preference rather than most accord owners who barely goes :stig: tires, yes tires. Dat 2.0t, easily squeel tires. That depends on where you look at it. I gave about a 60-70% throttle as I was turning right, it hooked at first and after it shifted to 3rd or 4th, I got a nice one wheel peel with a screetch, sounds :nice: but not when its just your daily and don't plan to mod your car. It is what it is, that's Karen Teo's perspective. But :aintcare: I'd still recommend this car as a daily that has good blend of comfort, slightly sporty feeling, and reasonably priced.
- Tint is pretty much the only mod I would consider. 35% all around, in VA 50% front is the limit while rest is 35%.
- Also bought rubber mats from amazon, they resemble the mk6 GTI honeycomb mats cover the transmission tunnel as well. Very happy with those.

Oh and check my for sale thread for couple mk7 GTI oem parts, I used my GTI mats until I got the mats for the accord.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Small little update, got her in for her 2nd service (oil change), sitting at 13,000 miles, I know :impressive: but mileage did slow down since Christmas. It's the B service, which does tire rotation, fluids, oil, electronic parking brake, etc. quoted for 190$ after deduction from the coupon for 20 percent off. I may be ripped off, but according to my research that seems reasonable. I may ask around different dealers next time. I guess the :scrooge: in me is real :lol:

Also the passenger window squeaks a bit after the window rolls up, a very rubby noise. Already told my service advisor about it and see what happens. Probably isn't enough to a point where I need a loaner. Even though I lowkey want the new civic as a loaner to see what its like :lolol:

The frenchy shitbox aka Clio, my parents are going to Turkey at end of may and I'm going in beginning of July for little over a month, about 5 weeks. It is our car, which partially is mine and that's ok. However, we talked and maybe subjected to upgrade to a Seat Leon or mk8 Golf, but thats likely next year. Pretty much a bigger car, who knows.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:14 pm Small little update, got her in for her 2nd service (oil change), sitting at 13,000 miles, I know :impressive: but mileage did slow down since Christmas. It's the B service, which does tire rotation, fluids, oil, electronic parking brake, etc. quoted for 190$ after deduction from the coupon for 20 percent off. I may be ripped off, but according to my research that seems reasonable. I may ask around different dealers next time. I guess the :scrooge: in me is real :lol:

Also the passenger window squeaks a bit after the window rolls up, a very rubby noise. Already told my service advisor about it and see what happens. Probably isn't enough to a point where I need a loaner. Even though I lowkey want the new civic as a loaner to see what its like :lolol:

The frenchy shitbox aka Clio, my parents are going to Turkey at end of may and I'm going in beginning of July for little over a month, about 5 weeks. It is our car, which partially is mine and that's ok. However, we talked and maybe subjected to upgrade to a Seat Leon or mk8 Golf, but thats likely next year. Pretty much a bigger car, who knows.
190 bones seems ok for that service.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:25 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:14 pm Small little update, got her in for her 2nd service (oil change), sitting at 13,000 miles, I know :impressive: but mileage did slow down since Christmas. It's the B service, which does tire rotation, fluids, oil, electronic parking brake, etc. quoted for 190$ after deduction from the coupon for 20 percent off. I may be ripped off, but according to my research that seems reasonable. I may ask around different dealers next time. I guess the :scrooge: in me is real :lol:

190 bones seems ok for that service.
I would say it varies by destination.

Fwiw. The honda dealer is actually right next to the vw dealer where it quoted me a little over a grand. I just remember they're (the vw diller) using an old school fosse system (or similar) and the honda diller does too, which I use in the hotel and that shit is dated. I'd imagine if I take it to somewhere else like what I did with the 40k service, it could be cheaper. Next time I will ask around local dealers for quote and see what happens.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

What “fluids” does it do? Was this just a tire rotation and oil change ?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:14 pm

dat and parking brake adjustment, they check brakes, suspension, tie rods, steering, fluids and then have it changed if it needs to. Quite similar to state vehicle inspection. There's A service and B service, so each time I have to take the honda in, 1st service: A, 2nd: B, 3rd: A and so on
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:18 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:14 pm

dat and parking brake adjustment, they check brakes, suspension, tie rods, steering, fluids and then have it changed if it needs to. Quite similar to state vehicle inspection. There's A service and B service, so each time I have to take the honda in, 1st service: A, 2nd: B, 3rd: A and so on
What needs to be adjusted ? Isn’t it within warranty ?

I’d just do an oil change next time. My local dealer charges $55.77 for that and you get to skip the rape
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:36 pm

I’d just do an oil change next time. My local dealer charges $55.77 for that and you get to skip the rape
:dat: i think the rest was unnecessary. I did print out 2 coupons, once for $20 off for b maintenance and the other for oil which was 49.95. I think i'll do just that in 7,000 miles
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I've got 4500 miles on my ass shipped oil. I think I'll let the dealer do the first oil change and have a look at a few small issues that I noticed when i picked it up.

Gotta build up to those all expense paid Advisor vaycays.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:36 pm

:dat: $190 seems rapey. There’s nothing needed but oil/tire rotation at that mileage really.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

It's been a while. I am now back on DFD on a regular, :sad: it ain't as active as it used to be, but feeling optimistic. I love ranting :lolol:

Onto the Accord. She is quite the mileage trooper. Ever since I met :tits: I go to DC constantly, maybe 4 times a week at best.
Roadtrips:
NYC - 4x
Boston > Maine
DC > Savannah > Tampa > Orlando > Daytona > back
Bumfuck nowhere in southern VA with West VA border.
Philly
Multiple trips to Rehoboth
Chicago
Dozen trips to the country wineries, breweries or hiking.
Multiple business trips for that certain gigs when she was new.
I managed to make 39k miles for 15 months. But the mileage is getting slower. The accord isn't gonna go anywhere other than maybe NY or Rehoboth.

Sometime in April my family wanted to visit Miami and wants to drive, but since the cucktrek is a lease, we're switching cars, so im gonna rock the cucktrek for that week.
I have 3 days off this week and Accord is taking a small break.

My commute is roughly 55 miles roundtrip for the new gig + if I work in the morning it could hit 60 (damned hov and :waxer: ez pass roads where I have to detour) / 36 to 40 roundtrip at my last gig (depending on which route to take).
But that commute won't be there for long as I'm going to move to the city or a lot closer to city in the upcoming fall.

--

Reliability, I truly have nothing to report, car still runs like the day I bought, granted it is practically a highway commuter car and not involved with traffic as much until recently. But I will say I found the paint to be weak. It doesn't crack, nor bubble. But I did find there, and I don't even know how the hell I have gotten that dent on the edge of my roof. Other than that I'm happy with what I have although it does feel boring at times, going :stig: helps but I don't do it as much, I do have the :plac: itch.

--

As for the french shitbox.
My family has been driving it around since the summer as I hadn't been there and ultimately I will be there shorter in Turkey for this summer due to the new job and I have plans during the summer here as well, plan on doing one trip by car and one by plane, cause time is valuable.
My engine in particular, which is a 1.3t 4 banger was only available for the first 2 years of that gen, then they discontinued. Especially in Turkey, my Clio is in high demand and people constantly ask for it. Just last winter, the car went there for service and the service advisor asked my dad if they're planning on selling the car, claimed that you have a really good spec, people go crazy for these as these engines aren't offered in the Clio anymore. Yes some people in Turkey thinks 130 hp is powerful. it is faster than a lot of cars in it's class, that's for sure. She's just gonna be there whenever I visit, nothing to report for reliability concerns.

Just my update.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also, in Greece @wap, same spot, 7 years, Alexandropoli Greece
Grandpa's Renault

Mine Renault
wap

:neat:
I like your French merdebox.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Glad to hear the Clio and Accord are both going strong!

In4 :plac: :doe: because why not.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:04 pm Glad to hear the Clio and Accord are both going strong!

In4 :plac: :doe: because why not.
I actually had thoughts of going for a brz lease once I'll move. I felt like my driving style has become calmer and especially given I will commute on roads that I know I won't break 45 mph (commuting in city), it's easily more attainable. :tits: is gonna :plac: into a Forester or an Outback, she made her mind. The only time I have gotten more than 1 passenger is either my family and her friends on a regular basis.

To say the very least, it will not be a fwd car.

The basic bitch countryman :manuel: was :notbad: but she ain't fast and still had a good ol time, even though it rolls and seating position feels more school bus like
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The Countryman is pretty shitty, I don't get why everyone here loves them.