No Bullshit, I am running for President

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: :popcorn:

Genuinely curious, actually.
Robin hood.
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote:Yeah. Dat rich getting richer... this is why I wouldn't support you over any other jackass running.
You're conflating.

Let's say I want to create more jobs in Kentucky. Why would I not consult Kentucky businesses on how to do that?
Letting businesses tell governments what to do hasn't worked in history, why would it start working now?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote:Forgot to mention minimum wage policy:

Minimum wage is a ridiculous debate we have every 10 years for no reason except political theater.

Set it at $12.50, pin it to inflation, never debate it again.

This removes uncertainty from workers, business,and government. It's a win for everyone.
I've never understood why it isn't pinned to inflation.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: I've never understood why it isn't pinned to inflation.
Because it's good poltics.

The left beings it up three years before they want to get it done.
The right pretends to resist.
They come to a compromise.
Everyone can report a win to their base.

It's a bullshit game.
It's a waste of time and resources.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: :popcorn:

Genuinely curious, actually.
Robin hood.
More or less.

Step 1 is taxing all income equally - in other words make no distinction between "ordinary income" and capital gains and corporate income for example. Remove the cap on SS tax and remove the exemption for churches. No deductions of any kind for any reason. Those alone should increase revenue dramatically - probably to the point that the progrsssive rates would need to be lowered significantly.

Step 2 is reducing "defense" spending. It's a waste. It doesn't work.

Step 3 is decriminalization and taxation of drugs, including releasing and clearing the records of all current offenders. That will both reduce spending and increase revenue.

Take all that extra money we then have and spend it on:

Paying down debts

Universal healthcare - all citizens get the same exact plan that congresspeople get

Public education - teachers get the same salary and benefits as house representatives, college profs get the same salary as senators, college tuition is set per student at around 1/4 of your family's gross income with no cap or floor

That's a start. Infrastructure needs work too but I'm :notsure: on that.
wap

:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote::notbad:
:dat:

Honestly, there's a lot there I agree with.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote:
[user not found] wrote: There is an intrinsic interest for businesses to be able to directly state their policies (not necessarily influence government policy but to state theirs directly to the government).

Just like you say Troy, you aren't an expert on every subject (so you think a popular vote is stupid). You're damn right that GM should have some way to communicate their ideas for best industrial output to the government. It is to the people to decide, but no reason experts shouldn't be able to communicate their ideas.
CEO can already do that. The business doesn't need or deserve an additional voice - and it especially doesn't deserve to be used as a fucking shield against punishment for criminal acts.

No more golden parachutes. You fuck up in an illegal manner in the name of MegaCorp, you go to jail and your assets are seized. Personal Responsibility.
"golden parachutes" are a pre-negoiated deal, the BOD and /or shareholders can always say no. So thats between them.

Now illegal stuff? yes they should go to jail.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Minimum wage is a ridiculous debate we have every 10 years for no reason except political theater.

This removes uncertainty from workers, business,and government. It's a win for everyone.

I disagree with min wage requirements fundamentally, but its one of those bones I'd give the left if i was president .
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote: Robin hood.

Public education - teachers get the same salary and benefits as house representatives, college profs get the same salary as senators, college tuition is set per student at around 1/4 of your family's gross income with no cap or floor

:lolol: :lolgasm: :lolol: :lolgasm: :lolol: :lolgasm: :lolol: :lolgasm:

I cant even begin there. So much BS. Our little Troy has no clue how labor demand and money works.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

If you want stupid kids, give them stupid teachers.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

I disagree with min wage requirements fundamentally, but its one of those bones I'd give the left if i was president .
Well yea, there's a ton I disagree with fundamentally but can admit needs to happen in practice.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote:If you want stupid kids, give them stupid teachers.
Maybe elminate public labor unions for teachers so we can actually fire the shit teachers?
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote:If you want stupid kids, give them stupid teachers.
Maybe elminate public labor unions for teachers so we can actually fire the shit teachers?
Smart people don't even want to teach. There's no money in it. Hiring is a bigger problem than firing. Hiring a teacher is like choosing between Rubio and Trump.
ChrisoftheNorth

Education...both lower and higher is a huge problem that keeps being ignored.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:Education...both lower and higher is a huge problem that keeps being ignored.
It isn't ignored. It's openly mocked. Appealing to the uneducated wins elections. People don't want to learn and they hate people who do learn.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Smart people don't even want to teach. There's no money in it. Hiring is a bigger problem than firing. Hiring a teacher is like choosing between Rubio and Trump.
That because teaching is a shitty job, dealing with OPC. There is no money in it because its where people that had a shitty career path land as a last resort, so supply of 'teachers' is high.

If you make it lucrative via a government program, you will get the same snake oil salesman that take advantage of other gov programs; not good teachers
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

:lolol: :lolgasm: :lolol: :lolgasm: :lolol: :lolgasm: :lolol: :lolgasm:

I cant even begin there. So much BS. Our little Troy has no clue how labor demand and money works.
Yeah, but he hits on a solid issue.

Teachers get shit pay and generally shit benefits and are expected to put up with a lot of bullshit, and college tuition is out of fucking control.
We as a society need to take a look at how much we value education, which isn't a whole lot right now.
We all agree teachers need to get paid more, actually be able to make a decent living.

I think we need to approach education entirely different.
One thing Japanese schools do is they don't employ janitors, the student has assigned chores to do to keep the place clean. Heart warming but not a solution.
As Brad said, get rid of the unions so they can eliminate bad teachers.

Money doesn't always correct the problem doe.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Smart people don't even want to teach. There's no money in it. Hiring is a bigger problem than firing. Hiring a teacher is like choosing between Rubio and Trump.
That because teaching is a shitty job, dealing with OPC. There is no money in it because its where people that had a shitty career path land as a last resort, so supply of 'teachers' is high.

If you make it lucrative via a government program, you will get the same snake oil salesman that take advantage of other gov programs; not good teachers
Money and competition doesn't attract talent? :yeahok:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

Or some people actually want to genuinely help kids. :iono:
Im sure they do, hell I was fortunate enough to have many of these type as teachers.

But there are a fucking ass load of teachers that land in teaching because they got some liberal arts degree in college and goes "well wtf do i do with this to earn some money?" That answer is teaching.

Hell [user not found], you have a photography degree? You could be a teacher, but would rather sell cars to make your dollar. How many of your class mates landed in teaching positions? I bet A WHOLE LOT. I bet they have a kick ass art class too but 3rd period civis... their heart ain't in that.

troyguitar wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

Money and competition doesn't attract talent? :yeahok:
Supply and demand is the core of it. simply increasing pay will not attract better talent. You need to thin the pool of teachers to get rid of the shitty ones and have high hiring standards. Then pay will rise because good teachers are in DEMAND and supply is LOW.

Throwing a bigger paycheck at the problem will not solve anything
brain go brrrrrr
wap

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: It isn't ignored. It's openly mocked. Appealing to the uneducated wins elections. People don't want to learn and they hate people who do learn.

Appealing to the uneducated won this election.

Dem 'muricans came out of the back woods for this election.
:dat: :(
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
[user not found] wrote:
Or some people actually want to genuinely help kids. :iono:
Im sure they do, hell I was fortunate enough to have many of these type as teachers.

But there are a fucking ass load of teachers that land in teaching because they got some liberal arts degree in college and goes "well wtf do i do with this to earn some money?" That answer is teaching.

Hell [user not found], you have a photography degree? You could be a teacher, but would rather sell cars to make your dollar. How many of your class mates landed in teaching positions? I bet A WHOLE LOT. I bet they have a kick ass art class too but 3rd period civis... their heart ain't in that.

troyguitar wrote: Money and competition doesn't attract talent? :yeahok:
Supply and demand is the core of it. simply increasing pay will not attract better talent. You need to thin the pool of teachers to get rid of the shitty ones and have high hiring standards. Then pay will rise because good teachers are in DEMAND and supply is LOW.

Throwing a bigger paycheck at the problem will not solve anything
Supply is already nearly zero if you only count talented people. Demand is also zero though because salaries are too low.

You will NEVER see a increase in talent level without massively increasing salaries FIRST.

I went to fucking MIT. I don't know a single person who went into teaching afterward. Zero. They won't even consider it. Many talk about how they'd like to teach as a "retirement" plan after they've made money elsewhere, but that's it. It's not a viable career path for smart people.

Make teaching a legit way to get ahead and smart people will get in the game.
wap

:bravo:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote:Freedom Forum Party?
Forum Allied Party aka FAP

In4robuttcampaign
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:Teachers in my district are paid 80k starting. They max out at 120.

All that said teacher pay is a local not a federal issue.
Imageol: yeah like local people are smart and resourceful enough to figure this shit out.

You small government people don't seem to realize that people are fucking dumb.