OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Thanks gents, I made my way to a doctor tonight, two days of chest pain is starting to concern me. I just dont want to be that one off idiot that damages myself because I'm ignoring signs.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:49 pm Thanks gents, I made my way to a doctor tonight, two days of chest pain is starting to concern me. I just dont want to be that one off idiot that damages myself because I'm ignoring signs.
What did the doc say? How are you feeling now?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:00 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:49 pm Thanks gents, I made my way to a doctor tonight, two days of chest pain is starting to concern me. I just dont want to be that one off idiot that damages myself because I'm ignoring signs.
What did the doc say? How are you feeling now?
Something like dis is handled by Emerg at this hour, they checked me in and said they'll do an ECG, but I need to wait. BP was 139/93 I think, so there's some hypertension.

I have taken two extra strength aspirin to make the pressure dip while i was driving back from work. It's not uncomfortable, but it feels tight on the left side of my chest. Typically it is a dull pressure from the inside out in my left arm, neck and front/back rib cage on the left side. I assume it's just my heart in overdrive, and a side effect to being vaccinated. If it swells up I don't want to go for a second dose which might end up being worse.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:16 pm Day two and my chest still hurts. Anyone know if this is normal?
Is it like a slight pain or does it feel like something hit you? I believe I have a slight chest after my second dose
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:42 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:16 pm Day two and my chest still hurts. Anyone know if this is normal?
Is it like a slight pain or does it feel like something hit you? I believe I have a slight chest after my second dose
How long did you have it for? Did it feel one sided (left) or both sides like lungs?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:45 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:42 pm

How long did you have it for? Did it feel one sided (left) or both sides like lungs?
It was one sided, my first dose was end of June and my second was in the beginning of august, both pfizer. August is where I felt a little worse than the first one. Also Fwiw I used an iced bottle water to ease the pain on my arm.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:56 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:45 pm

It was one sided, my first dose was end of June and my second was in the beginning of august, both pfizer. August is where I felt a little worse than the first one. Also Fwiw I used an iced bottle water to ease the pain on my arm.
Thanks broseph, I'm glad to hear that it has come and gone for other peeps that I know.
razr390

Yeah I had rapid HR after my second dose.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:29 pm Yeah I had rapid HR after my second dose.
A coworker of mine did, too. Took her 3-4 days to get over it.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:29 pm Yeah I had rapid HR after my second dose.
HR is up there, but the ECG and bloodwork is good so I guess I'm :thisisfine: . I asked if I could work out and the DR said I probably shouldn't do a 20 mile run :lolol: Dan!

Anyways, I guess I won't be that guy that dies and shits himself at work tomorrow, that's good! :like:
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:09 pm
HR is up there, but the ECG and bloodwork is good so I guess I'm :thisisfine: . I asked if I could work out and the DR said I probably shouldn't do a 20 mile run :lolol: Dan!

Anyways, I guess I won't be that guy that dies and shits himself at work tomorrow, that's good! :like:
I find that also with your skepticism (trust me I had some for my second shot, and some anxiety) we often psych ourselves out to the point where we notice everything and it causes anxiety to increase etc
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:47 pm

I find that also with your skepticism (trust me I had some for my second shot, and some anxiety) we often psych ourselves out to the point where we notice everything and it causes anxiety to increase etc
Not notice everything per say, but question everything. Heart discomfort is a very serious condition and it is always treated with high levels of concern. My FIL recently went through a double bypass and he wasn't much more inconvenienced then I was, picking weeds and complaining for a sore jaw and some chest tightness.

As for the anxiety piece, the answer is no, :doge:
I'm a chilled cucumber when it comes to problems. I do it for the opportunity to troubleshoot a condition. It proves or disproves whether there's risk from elevated heart rate. Just because Griffballz can bicycle 40 miles instead of 100 miles while dealing with heart pain doesn't mean I should do that shit too.

I did also do back to back emergency night shifts to recover functionality of robotic equipment. Might be the smoking gun?!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I do definitely have appreciate the anxiety piece too. It definitely hits a person's weak point, and you have to wonder if yours will let you down.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:lolol: :ohwell: Oops….

Glad you’re alright, brosef! Heart stuff is certainly scary shit and worth looking into, better safe than sorry.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

The Vid got the Powell.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:02 pm The Vid got the Powell.
He had a compromised immune system from fighting myeloma, :doe:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:31 pm
:dat: somehow it has raised my suspicion. But this is definitely isn't the first time I hear someone died while they're fully vaxxed.

On that part, I just take a lot of vitamin C as a precaution. I just got back from a wedding, mostly it was outdoors except for the ceremony, masked were about 40% indoors. It was held at a super prestigious place in DC. I'm just waiting to see if I caught any symptoms (most are vaxxed afaik), I only got closer to the people I actually know.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Yeah, immunocompromised and old. Double whammy.

Possible waning of vaccine efficacy? Triple whammy.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Yeah, immunocompromised and old. Double whammy.

Possible waning of vaccine efficacy? Triple whammy.
:dat: depending on when he got the jabs.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

He had blood plasma cancer. Can't really make antibodies.

This is an interesting case though. That will count as a COVID death I'm sure, but realistically, he wasn't surviving much longer due to the cancer. COVID seems to be the straw that breaks the back of a lot of sick individuals.
wap

MrH42 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:47 pm He had blood plasma cancer. Can't really make antibodies.

This is an interesting case though. That will count as a COVID death I'm sure, but realistically, he wasn't surviving much longer due to the cancer. COVID seems to be the straw that breaks the back of a lot of sick individuals.
:dat:
The :( thing is the anti-vaxxers are latching on to this saying sEe, ThE vAcCinNeS dOn'T WorK! While totally ignoring his cancer-caused immunocompromised state. :rage:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yay, my resting heart rate is now 150-170/90/98 based on three readings, so it's going up. Just go get the shot they say...
On the bright side, I get to own one of these and am encouraged to maintain a log book until I can see a cardiologist.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Anyone who things this stuff is safe and wants to convince people to get vaccinated, my advice to you is don't. I'm thankful that my decision is my very own, if someone talked me into doing this I'd be thinking about them right now.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:33 pm Anyone who things this stuff is safe and wants to convince people to get vaccinated, my advice to you is don't. I'm thankful that my decision is my very own, if someone talked me into doing this I'd be thinking about them right now.
At this stage, nobody is convincing anyone to do anything, people need to :stfu: now. In fact, nobody should be recommending anything other than health care professionals.

My mom is at risk for heart conditions and her dr recommended she skip the COVID shot for now and instead get the pneumonia and flu shots and continue wearing masks and limiting time in crowded indoor public settings.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:32 pm Yay, my resting heart rate is now 150-170/90/98 based on three readings, so it's going up. Just go get the shot they say...
On the bright side, I get to own one of these and am encouraged to maintain a log book until I can see a cardiologist.

I mean I did warn you …. Exact same issue here