OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Just got word that my cousin passed.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Huckleberry wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:40 pm Just got word that my cousin passed.
Sorry to hear. What was the circumstances again? Anti-vaxx??
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

razr390 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:33 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:40 pm Just got word that my cousin passed.
She had underlying health problems and was unvaccinated.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:54 am
razr390 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:33 pm

She had underlying health problems and was unvaccinated.
Damn. Sorry for your loss, but.....damn.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:33 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 am

I agree on that. Spectre absolutely sucked. I just need to watch it again to see if I missed something because I have a few questions.
Yeah, it definitely blew. But really, does the plot really matter that much in a Bond flick? lol
It does! Just watched the latest one… solid defender destruction content
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Well, I got my flu shot and COVID booster yesterday. I felt OK all day, just a pretty darn sore arm. This morning, 24 hours later on the dot, I felt like real ass. Just lethargic, a little nauseous, flu-esque. Still a little bit rough but I think it's already getting better, so about four hours of :disgust: .

It's nice to have to worry even less about going out/being around people as we get into colder weather, holidays, etc.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:05 pm Well, I got my flu shot and COVID booster yesterday. I felt OK all day, just a pretty darn sore arm. This morning, 24 hours later on the dot, I felt like real ass. Just lethargic, a little nauseous, flu-esque. Still a little bit rough but I think it's already getting better, so about four hours of :disgust: .

It's nice to have to worry even less about going out/being around people as we get into colder weather, holidays, etc.
:dat:
It's one of the main reasons I got the booster now.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

They should really try to rework these vaccines to work better, no other vaccine stops working after six months. I'm not impressed.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:32 pm They should really try to rework these vaccines to work better, no other vaccine stops working after six months. I'm not impressed.
My wife informed me yesterday that she wants to wait to get a booster shot because of this. She thinks they're going to improve it to make it last longer in the future. :yeahok: Her anti-vax family is getting to her. I'll probably go get a booster on my own because I've already started the cocktail, why stop now?

The thing is, these vaccines are being developed by for profit corps that get paid on each vaccine, so it's in their best financial interest to require more shots. Further, I'm sure it makes it "safer" to be less potent or whatever, so instead of one or two real strong things that could hurt more people but last longer, they just require more weaker ones, which is a win/win for everyone kind of.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:48 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:32 pm They should really try to rework these vaccines to work better, no other vaccine stops working after six months. I'm not impressed.
My wife informed me yesterday that she wants to wait to get a booster shot because of this. She thinks they're going to improve it to make it last longer in the future. :yeahok: Her anti-vax family is getting to her. I'll probably go get a booster on my own because I've already started the cocktail, why stop now?

The thing is, these vaccines are being developed by for profit corps that get paid on each vaccine, so it's in their best financial interest to require more shots. Further, I'm sure it makes it "safer" to be less potent or whatever, so instead of one or two real strong things that could hurt more people but last longer, they just require more weaker ones, which is a win/win for everyone kind of.
I don't think you understand, i don't think they should make it stronger, they should redevelop the formula completely. Study t-cells and how they benefit people who had covid vs teaching white blood cells to attack spike proteins which keep changing. The shit they are giving us isn't that great of a product.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:48 am

I don't think you understand, i don't think they should make it stronger, they should redevelop the formula completely. Study t-cells and how they benefit people who had covid vs teaching white blood cells to attack spike proteins which keep changing. The shit they are giving us isn't that great of a product.
You're right, I don't understand. I'm not a scientist, so just talking out my ass. Efficacy seems to go down quite a bit after 6 mos, whether intended or not, so clearly work needs to be done in some way. If it's an entirely new product or boosters, :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Efficacy wasn't even good for the delta. But we're not even talking about it anymore. Because there are only two options... "get the shot" or "not get the shot" and you're typecasted into different groups of "unithink" through that decision.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:19 am Efficacy wasn't even good for the delta. But we're not even talking about it anymore. Because there are only two options... "get the shot" or "not get the shot" and you're typecasted into different groups of "unithink" through that decision.
True efficacy stats have been buried by booster rhetoric and yep...you're forced to fall in line with one way of thinking or the other. We just had to attest vaccination status at work with vaccine requirements coming at us quickly. Weird because most are remote so :whocares: but gotta tow the .gov line.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:50 am
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:19 am Efficacy wasn't even good for the delta. But we're not even talking about it anymore. Because there are only two options... "get the shot" or "not get the shot" and you're typecasted into different groups of "unithink" through that decision.
True efficacy stats have been buried by booster rhetoric and yep...you're forced to fall in line with one way of thinking or the other. We just had to attest vaccination status at work with vaccine requirements coming at us quickly. Weird because most are remote so :whocares: but gotta tow the .gov line.

I mean, i respect the "greater good" argument, but let's be real, if these things were designed optimally we wouldn't be here right now.

I do agree with vaccinations, but the companies who are selling product to virtually every country in the world right now should be spending the majority of that income on continuous improvement in both efficacy and continous improvement.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:36 pm :lolol:

Didn’t realize we were scientists in here.

:nevermind:

Huck, sorry to hear about your cousin. Everyone else, get that 6G boost. We’ve all done far worse to our bodies.
:notsure: about needing a science degree to know that these vaccines could work better than they do currently. Hence the need for a booster of the exact same product that you took six months ago. Lets be real here, don't you want them to at least come up with a revised version?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:25 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:07 am

:notsure: about needing a science degree to know that these vaccines could work better than they do currently. Hence the need for a booster of the exact same product that you took six months ago. Lets be real here, don't you want them to at least come up with a revised version?
Let’s also be real here, you don’t think they’re working on it? I mean according to everyone here, they want the profits, right?

Also, could the current offerings work better? Sure. They also need to work without killing people. It’s a delicate balance.

I think the biggest issue is that the term ‘vaccine’ means 100% ‘immunity’ to a lot of people.

Immunity wanes over time. This has been proven for years with boosters being required for bacterial infections like tetanus and even annual vaccines for other viruses, like the flu (which aren’t 100% effective either). We don’t even have a vaccine for the common cold, another virus.

I’m just thankful that we have a solution on the table that at least reduces the severity of the symptoms and keeps people from dying in most cases.

Obviously underlying conditions complicate things - and this whole pandemic should be a motherfucking wake-up call to the fat fucks out there to start taking care of themselves, since it’s nearly concrete fact that healthier people fare far better against COVID. However, for many, it’s just easier to keep eating themselves into the grave (it’s also far more complicated than that anyway, as we exist in a capitalist society that wants people to eat themselves into an early grave, or otherwise depend on beta blockers, insulin, and other medical aids to stay alive).

I understand the hesitancy to get vaxxed; it’s a relatively new technology behind this vaccine. I also know that science isn’t perfect, and the medical industry certainly gives me trust issues too. But without it, man would we all be in far worse positions.

Anyways, I digress. I’m just a person who’s lost their previously promising job during this, exhausted their unemployment benefits, been forced to pivot into a manual labor job, and take up a remote side job just to keep the lights on and afford to finish the house projects that were started before COVID was a blip on the global radar.

If you think it’s been all sunshine and rainbows for this guy, it hasn’t been. I want to return to normal too.

If my 96 year old grandmother can get vaxxed and survive, y’all can too. She’ll be boosted next week.

:micdrop:
Everything you're saying is fair game, and I agree with your sentiment. If you want to get the shot the get it.

What I'm learning is that older people in general don't react as strongly to the vaccines as do younger people. Kids and parents with kids immune response are way more active than someone who's 96 and lives in near isolation. That's just human nature, and I still don't have a problem with that either. I do have a problem adding this to my system every six months, you may think I'm having panic attacks and shit, but my side effects include heart swelling, and health Canada put a pause on my second shot until they can learn more. Right now, I do know that my EKG came back normal, so that's my consolation prize I guess. If were a fat fuck, things could be different... But you can appreciate my hesitation doing it all over again, and that's why I'm here hoping that they do come up with an improvement soon. And then what, another one in six months? At what point does my pump get tired or damaged?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Zack, I do want to express that I know that pandemic has been hard on you and your situation, and i want it over as much as you do. I'm sad for the losses to millions of families, jobs, relatives, mental health, all things we need to be whole.

I'm cheering for an end, sorry if being critical of some corporate assholes who put money ahead of safety bothers some people, but I'm not taking a different stance. They owe it to us to do better.
razr390

I am not anti-vax, as I’ve had the Pfizer cocktail. I am a bit hesitant on the booster and waiting to see what Pfizer says regarding efficacy against the newest strain.

However what I will say is this:

1. We STILL don’t know the origin, or maybe some people do and don’t want to talk about it. This would help understand how the virus “spreads” above all else.
2. What are true alternatives to vaccines in the form of treatment? Without getting on this “train”, there have been two stories (Joe Rohan and Aaron Rodgers) that got COVID, weren’t vaxx’d and they used the same cocktails the government gave POTUS (Trump) back when he was diagnosed.

Aside from the possibility of it being expensive for most people (monoclonal antibodies, horse cum, etc). Why aren’t there published studies in the effectiveness of these medications as treatments? I am not asking from a :caspian: standpoint but rather a standpoint of someone who may be allergic to the ingredients in the vaccine. Don’t they deserve some alternatives if they are effective?

Trump, Rogan, Rodgers all got better within days of contracting covid. You could argue that Rogan and Rodgers are healthier, but Trump was a fat old slob and he still got better quick.

It just seems like everywhere you turn everyone just says “VAX VAX VAX” like they’re some sort of NPC on a loop.

I think this forum is open minded for the best, but being open minded means you also don’t just swallow a pill and never open the book again.

Society at large needs to know:

1. Vaccine efficacy (HONEST NUMBERS)
2. Alternative treatments and medications that can help treat COVID when diagnosed OR help reduce symptoms beforehand.

The problem is this: politicians and mass media have backed themselves into a hypocritical corner. Nobody trusts the institutions and in the barebones definition of freedom it is their right to do so.

People are just tired. In this modern day of social media we see it’s not just in this country. There are protests and riots in most western capitalist civilizations (Europe, Australia, etc) over lockdowns mandates etc.

:iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Rudy.. Too many eggs in one basket?
Maybe the knee jerk reaction to order 1.3 Billion vaccines is a factor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... opulation/

:caspian:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:55 am I am not anti-vax, as I’ve had the Pfizer cocktail. I am a bit hesitant on the booster and waiting to see what Pfizer says regarding efficacy against the newest strain.

However what I will say is this:

1. We STILL don’t know the origin, or maybe some people do and don’t want to talk about it. This would help understand how the virus “spreads” above all else.
2. What are true alternatives to vaccines in the form of treatment? Without getting on this “train”, there have been two stories (Joe Rohan and Aaron Rodgers) that got COVID, weren’t vaxx’d and they used the same cocktails the government gave POTUS (Trump) back when he was diagnosed.

Aside from the possibility of it being expensive for most people (monoclonal antibodies, horse cum, etc). Why aren’t there published studies in the effectiveness of these medications as treatments? I am not asking from a :caspian: standpoint but rather a standpoint of someone who may be allergic to the ingredients in the vaccine. Don’t they deserve some alternatives if they are effective?

Trump, Rogan, Rodgers all got better within days of contracting covid. You could argue that Rogan and Rodgers are healthier, but Trump was a fat old slob and he still got better quick.

It just seems like everywhere you turn everyone just says “VAX VAX VAX” like they’re some sort of NPC on a loop.

I think this forum is open minded for the best, but being open minded means you also don’t just swallow a pill and never open the book again.

Society at large needs to know:

1. Vaccine efficacy (HONEST NUMBERS)
2. Alternative treatments and medications that can help treat COVID when diagnosed OR help reduce symptoms beforehand.

The problem is this: politicians and mass media have backed themselves into a hypocritical corner. Nobody trusts the institutions and in the barebones definition of freedom it is their right to do so.

People are just tired. In this modern day of social media we see it’s not just in this country. There are protests and riots in most western capitalist civilizations (Europe, Australia, etc) over lockdowns mandates etc.

:iono:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:52 am Because a vaccine is a better solution than consuming horse cum. Come on Rudy. We're dealing with a virus, not a parasite.

Rogan, Rodgers, and Trump all have one thing in common: They had access to treatments the average poor does not. Horse paste was not the cure.

I will agree that the people are tired. I'm tired. Every time I have an inkling about 'getting back to normal' shit hits the fan again.
I have no idea if horse cum has strong antiviral properties, but dude, calling it a horse cum is so disingenuous. It's FDA approved for use in humans and has been given to millions of people worldwide. It won the Nobel prize in 2015 for the treatment of River Blindness and Lymphatic Filariasis in humans. It is given to at-risk populations as a prophylactic to help prevent disease, meaning its demonstrated side effects when given in the proper dosage are extremely minimal or nonexistent. The studies around horse cum's effectiveness as an anti-viral have been inconclusive, but if it were in every home and people could take it the second they had some covid-like symptoms, it wouldn't hurt them. It might help them. It's also crazy cheap, unlike these vaccines.

Rogan also took vitamin drips, got monoclonal antibodies, and steroids immediately, all of which also likely had a significant effect. There's no way to know how we would have done without any of these treatments or with some combination of them. He's also one healthy motherfucker for a 54 year-old. Dude was probably gonna be fine anyway. Trump got admitted to the hospital and then later got vaxxed, so :notsure: why he's some shining example of why someone wouldn't want to get vaccinated. I also have no idea what Rodgers did or didn't do to be "immunized" :rolleyes: , nor do I care.
max225

coogles wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:08 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:52 am Because a vaccine is a better solution than consuming horse cum. Come on Rudy. We're dealing with a virus, not a parasite.

Rogan, Rodgers, and Trump all have one thing in common: They had access to treatments the average poor does not. Horse paste was not the cure.

I will agree that the people are tired. I'm tired. Every time I have an inkling about 'getting back to normal' shit hits the fan again.
I have no idea if horse cum has strong antiviral properties, but dude, calling it a horse cum is so disingenuous. It's FDA approved for use in humans and has been given to millions of people worldwide. It won the Nobel prize in 2015 for the treatment of River Blindness and Lymphatic Filariasis in humans. It is given to at-risk populations as a prophylactic to help prevent disease, meaning its demonstrated side effects when given in the proper dosage are extremely minimal or nonexistent. The studies around horse cum's effectiveness as an anti-viral have been inconclusive, but if it were in every home and people could take it the second they had some covid-like symptoms, it wouldn't hurt them. It might help them. It's also crazy cheap, unlike these vaccines.

Rogan also took vitamin drips, got monoclonal antibodies, and steroids immediately, all of which also likely had a significant effect. There's no way to know how we would have done without any of these treatments or with some combination of them. He's also one healthy motherfucker for a 54 year-old. Dude was probably gonna be fine anyway. Trump got admitted to the hospital and then later got vaxxed, so :notsure: why he's some shining example of why someone wouldn't want to get vaccinated. I also have no idea what Rodgers did or didn't do to be "immunized" :rolleyes: , nor do I care.
Yep calling it horse dewormer just goes to show you where someone gets their “news”.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:31 am
coogles wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:08 am

That's the point though.

It is not an antiviral. The fact that people have sought out livestock strength horse cum as a treatment for COVID, specifically in the apple flavor, is just :fullretard:
I guess, man. My point is that horse cum when prescribed in the proper dosage isn't dangerous. Anyone who wants it should be able to go to their doctor and have it prescribed so they aren't going to livestock stores and getting it in a form that probably isn't suitable for people. We're not talking about opioids and people turning to street heroin in their place. We're talking about something safer than Tylenol.
razr390

I guess I am just saying that society at large deserves answers to some of these questions, especially those ON THE FENCE about vaccines or anything else. Instead society is told you’re a :caspian: if you have any questions about anything.

And don’t get me wrong, there are legit RETARDS out there who claim to be “my body my choice” and drink bleach because Herr Trump said so. These are not the people I am referring to. But I think humans are genuinely skeptical and curious creatures at our core.

From initial reports of symptoms it looks like Omicron or whatever is nowhere near as dangerous as Delta was.
max225