OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:03 pm It looks like the smell and taste thing is coming back, it was interesting to see that most very healthy and natural things still tasted good, like pears and berries. On the flip side, junky things like chip seasoning and McDicks nugget :sawce: was completely tasteless.

We are being released from quarantine tonight at midnight, it'll be nice to have that ability to move around without risk of infecting others. Overall a :fuckyeah: kind of day!
Maybe normal wasn’t really normal before 😂.

:whalecum: back glad to have ya
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:15 pm If blood thickening or high blood pressure becomes a concern, hibiscus and hawthorne berry tea are both natural ACE inhibitors. My BP skyrocketed when I had covid and that combo of teas got me right again very quickly. I use them daily now to keep it down while doing bodybuilding things that increase bp...
Pretty cool when natural, simple things like this can help!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:19 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:03 pm It looks like the smell and taste thing is coming back, it was interesting to see that most very healthy and natural things still tasted good, like pears and berries. On the flip side, junky things like chip seasoning and McDicks nugget :sawce: was completely tasteless.

We are being released from quarantine tonight at midnight, it'll be nice to have that ability to move around without risk of infecting others. Overall a :fuckyeah: kind of day!
Maybe normal wasn’t really normal before 😂.

:whalecum: back glad to have ya
Thanks, it's nice to feel good again. I need to get this family out, we are going squirrely
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Wrong thread :derp:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:55 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:15 pm If blood thickening or high blood pressure becomes a concern, hibiscus and hawthorne berry tea are both natural ACE inhibitors. My BP skyrocketed when I had covid and that combo of teas got me right again very quickly. I use them daily now to keep it down while doing bodybuilding things that increase bp...
Pretty cool when natural, simple things like this can help!
Yeah dude I’ve been loving findoming out about stuff like that.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Just learned that the brother-in-law contracted COVID. He lives in NYC and received Pfizer back in April. I don't know if he got a booster.

One of my friends who didn't attend the wedding reception because he wouldn't get vaccinated has also contracted the VID. So, we'll see how things play out.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:35 am Just learned that the brother-in-law contracted COVID. He lives in NYC and received Pfizer back in April. I don't know if he got a booster.

One of my friends who didn't attend the wedding reception because he wouldn't get vaccinated has also contracted the VID. So, we'll see how things play out.
NYC is going DOWN right now. My boss had COVID last week, it seems that everyone I work with who's in NYC (which is a lot, the company is HQ there) is sick with COVID right now. My boss took a picture of the line outside the COVID testing sight by his place in Brooklyn yesterday, and there had to be nearly 100 people lined up down the sidewalk to get in. Everyone I've talked to is vaxxed too. Seems if you were vaxxed in April like a lot of us, you're basically raw dogging it now.

:thisisfine:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

South africa has shown that the new strain is far less serious and deadly. I am not sure that's all driven by vaccines. Just this strain is highly contagious and far less serious in both vaxxed and unvaxxed groups
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:10 pm
NYC is going DOWN right now. My boss had COVID last week, it seems that everyone I work with who's in NYC (which is a lot, the company is HQ there) is sick with COVID right now. My boss took a picture of the line outside the COVID testing sight by his place in Brooklyn yesterday, and there had to be nearly 100 people lined up down the sidewalk to get in. Everyone I've talked to is vaxxed too. Seems if you were vaxxed in April like a lot of us, you're basically raw dogging it now.

Vaccine ≠ total immunity anyway. :triggered:

The vaccines are serving as primers to prepare the body to fight covid, and they're doing their job to keep people out of the ER/ICU. I know a handful of people now who have now tested positive in the last couple weeks, all vaxxed, some boosted, none with serious complications. Bad cold with night sweats seems to be the most popular descriptor.

I'm boosted, wife is boosted, we're being careful just so that we can see our families on Christmas day. That means no bars, no restaurants, and definitely no parties like the fearful :sheep: we are.
Anecdotally, I haven't heard of anyone having severe symptoms to require a hospital visit, true. My boss was bad for 2 days and he said by the 3rd or so he was improving quite a bit.

So good point, it appears that being vaxxed makes the symptoms milder, which is a good thing. I haven't been sick at all...not even a sniffle for a few years now. Vitamins plus vaccinations (CoVID and flu) plus minimal human interaction seem to be treating me well, but makes me nervous that when I do manage to get sick, it could be BAD.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:33 pm

The vaccines are serving as primers to prepare the body to fight covid, and they're doing their job to keep people out of the ER/ICU. I know a handful of people now who have now tested positive in the last couple weeks, all vaxxed, some boosted, none with serious complications. Bad cold with night sweats seems to be the most popular descriptor.

I'm boosted, wife is boosted, we're being careful just so that we can see our families on Christmas day. That means no bars, no restaurants, and definitely no parties like the fearful :sheep: we are.
Anecdotally, I haven't heard of anyone having severe symptoms to require a hospital visit, true.
I heard on the radio today that Christiana, the main hospital in northern Delaware, is now 15% over capacity.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:33 pm
Anecdotally, I haven't heard of anyone having severe symptoms to require a hospital visit, true. My boss was bad for 2 days and he said by the 3rd or so he was improving quite a bit.

So good point, it appears that being vaxxed makes the symptoms milder, which is a good thing. I haven't been sick at all...not even a sniffle for a few years now. Vitamins plus vaccinations (CoVID and flu) plus minimal human interaction seem to be treating me well, but makes me nervous that when I do manage to get sick, it could be BAD.
I mean, key vitamins, sunlight, exercise... never bad things anyway when combined with vaccinations.

The only times I've been sick in the last 2 years are when I picked up a sinus infection in October from my buddy that I work with, whose kid is in daycare ( :gag: ), and I also got a cold after flying back from Arizona in June.

People are filthy.
:lolol: The 27 White Claws and 14 ounces of Tequila probably didn't help the immune system on that one.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:35 am Just learned that the brother-in-law contracted COVID. He lives in NYC and received Pfizer back in April. I don't know if he got a booster.

I am starting to think I will be getting OmiCron over the next week. Like Max said, it seems to be extremely contagious, fortunately symptoms aren't typically as severe.

We are going to three family gathering back to back to back, wife's dad's fam on 12/24, mine 12/25, her mom's fam 12/26 (damn divorce = double in-laws this time :lolol: ).

I am honestly :notsure: about the 12/24 gathering. The lot of them save my wife and I are anti-vaxxers in rural NC, we would be in their house with them for at least 2-3 hours. The next day I will be around my 65/68 year old parents and 90+ y.o. grandma. They are vaxxed but I'd still rather not et them sick, particularly old ass g-ma and my dad who seems to have some heart and other issues and isn't doing super well at 68.

:iono: I may try to talk the wife into boycotting the 12/24 gathering. If I get COVID on 12/26 :ohwell: , I can just skip seeing the fam for a few weeks after.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:59 pm

:lolol: The 27 White Claws and 14 ounces of Tequila probably didn't help the immune system on that one.
That fucking tequila man. :gag:
:amir:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:08 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:02 pm

I am starting to think I will be getting OmiCron over the next week. Like Max said, it seems to be extremely contagious, fortunately symptoms aren't typically as severe.

We are going to three family gathering back to back to back, wife's dad's fam on 12/24, mine 12/25, her mom's fam 12/26 (damn divorce = double in-laws this time :lolol: ).

I am honestly :notsure: about the 12/24 gathering. The lot of them save my wife and I are anti-vaxxers in rural NC, we would be in their house with them for at least 2-3 hours. The next day I will be around my 65/68 year old parents and 90+ y.o. grandma. They are vaxxed but I'd still rather not et them sick, particularly old ass g-ma and my dad who seems to have some heart and other issues and isn't doing super well at 68.

:iono: I may try to talk the wife into boycotting the 12/24 gathering. If I get COVID on 12/26 :ohwell: , I can just skip seeing the fam for a few weeks after.
:notsure:

Switch it up so you see your family first?
Too many moving parts/people to please. Other family members have in-laws they need to see and stuff, so it's not really possible. I guess we could bow out of my family's thing but that would kind of suck when it's vaccinated people only, just because the country folk refuse.

Hopefully the boosters work. I will at least run it by my family and not go if they feel safer.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:42 pm

I heard on the radio today that Christiana, the main hospital in northern Delaware, is now 15% over capacity.
:neat:

My anecdotal evidence is useless anyway, because everyone in my immediate social circles is vaxxed and waxxed.

:notsure: about some of the family out in Meatchicken, :doe:
More worthless anecdotal evidence: Meatchicken hospitals are strained AF right now. We've heard of people going to the ER for non-COVID things and dealing with complete chaos.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:23 pm
More worthless anecdotal evidence: Meatchicken hospitals are strained AF right now. We've heard of people going to the ER for non-COVID things and dealing with complete chaos.
:(
:ohwell: I'm doing everything I can to not need to go there.
Huckleberry

:neat:

My anecdotal evidence is useless anyway, because everyone in my immediate social circles is vaxxed and waxxed.

:notsure: about some of the family out in Meatchicken, :doe:
This was over the summer, but my friend's wife's dad had to go to the ER for a non-COVID thing and was in a bed in a hallway.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:31 pm
Yeah, certainly brings up an ethical dilemma of riding outside vs. just riding indoors.

You try the neighbor's Peloton yet?
Haven't had a chance. Hoping I can actually get Friday off like I'm supposed to and pop over there for a ride.

But it's looking like I'm getting penalized for not taking this and next week off. Instead of being quiet, I'm being told that I just have to do everything. 12 hour days are getting OLD and the motivation to walk down the street to the neighbor's house for a ride after all that is difficult.
SAWCE

Coworker sent us an email this morning that she was exposed.. kid had a play date over the weekend, and the kid they were playing with just popped positive. She was in the office yesterday, so we all saw her. Current direction from leadership is to continue working, we may get sent home to telework/quarantine later today.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:37 pm
This was over the summer, but my friend's wife's dad had to go to the ER for a non-COVID thing and was in a bed in a hallway.
Same with my mom in late September and early this month. It took HOURS to get her out of the hallway and into an ER room. And, for this month's ER visit, many more hours for her to be able to be moved to a regular room. The ER nurse told me that there were some people in the ER who were waiting for 2-3 DAYS to be moved to a regular room. :shock:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Went to ER with kiddo and :tits: (two separate occasions) at our local big hospital 10 mins away. No issues either time. Though I’m sure our metro downtown University health hospital is packed AF
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh

Case counts have skyrocketed (especially amongst the ass-eating 18-29 year old age bracket), but thankfully the death counts have stayed low so far.
:impressive:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:31 pm
Yeah, certainly brings up an ethical dilemma of riding outside vs. just riding indoors.

You're worried about contracting COVID riding a bike outside? How?
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:58 pm

I think he meant it in the instance of falling and sustaining an injury that requires an ER visit and being and additional body crowding that space.. I may be :wrong: :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:58 pm

I think he meant it in the instance of falling and sustaining an injury that requires an ER visit and being and additional body crowding that space.. I may be :wrong: :doe:
Ah, yes, I think you are correct. That makes a lot more sense.

Staying out of the hospital is certainly ideal at the moment (and really always :lolol: ).