OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:36 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:29 pm

As stated I will meet violence with violence.

I'm clearly a better strong male role model than your father, so your opinion on the matter means about fuck all to me.
:lolol:

Sounds like a household chock full of toxic masculinity to me.

Maybe you should dial back your testosterone dose, bro.
You are so brainwashed that you think masculinity is toxic. That says more about your fucked up-side-down worldview than I ever could.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:06 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:49 pm

You are so brainwashed that you think masculinity is toxic. That says more about your fucked up-side-down worldview than I ever could.
No, no. Masculinity and toxic masculinity are two different things.

You sir, are making a wonderful display of toxic masculinity, though, with your threats and promises of violence.

You beat your wife with that mouth?
you are a small minded, one dimensional, basic person with no critical thinking skills. As I stated openly it's not a threat or a promise.....it's a promise.

Since we brining the SO's into this.

Let's say someone is going to shit in your wifes mouth. You going to let that mask protect her or try to stop them? Small words from your small mind won't work if its escalated to that point.

So what will it be, a shit sammich or a knuckle one?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:34 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:24 pm

you are a small minded, one dimensional, basic person with no critical thinking skills. As I stated openly it's not a threat or a promise.....it's a promise.

Since we brining the SO's into this.

Let's say someone is going to shit in your wifes mouth. You going to let that mask protect her or try to stop them? Small words from your small mind won't work if its escalated to that point.

So what will it be, a shit sammich or a knuckle one?
Last I checked, a turd was larger than .3 microns, which an N95 is effective against.

So... what kind of weird violent :poop: fetish tangent are you getting off on here? I don't mean to kink shame, but you might want to speak to a therapist.
Such deflection. You defending your wife or not?
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:popcorn:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:01 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:46 pm

I'm still confused at how a child vaccination mandate is akin to someone attempting to drop a deuce in my wife's mouth in my presence. And how exactly does one end up in such a situation? Is it a turd-world country test meant to measure one's masculinity?

Also, you've already established she's wearing a mask in this scenario, so assuming this is a well-formed log, I think the mask would serve as a sufficient defense; no violence necessary.
:realfax: right there.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:34 pm Last I checked, a turd was larger than .3 microns, which an N95 is effective against.

So... what kind of weird violent :poop: fetish tangent are you getting off on here? I don't mean to kink shame, but you might want to speak to a therapist.
Speaking of deflection, what is said poo like? Is it liquid? A mask would at least keep the peanuts and corn kernels out but may not deflect finer particles.
razr390

Let’s make this a super spreader event. Let’s all spread peace & love
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

rockchops wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:30 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Speaking of deflection, what is said poo like? Is it liquid? A mask would at least keep the peanuts and corn kernels out but may not deflect finer particles.
Finally, a real :science: question!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:46 pm

I'm still confused at how a child vaccination mandate is akin to someone attempting to drop a deuce in my wife's mouth in my presence. And how exactly does one end up in such a situation? Is it a turd-world country test meant to measure one's masculinity?

Also, you've already established she's wearing a mask in this scenario, so assuming this is a well-formed log, I think the mask would serve as a sufficient defense; no violence necessary.
Let it be know that Zack will not defend his wifes honor and prevent an aggressor from assaulting his wife.
:wtf:
rockchops wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:30 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
I really didn't think too much beyond the thought that it would be disrespectful to extend the horse cum analogy to Zacks wife, who has done nothing to me. So I tried to come up with a non sexual but gross analogy.

But y'all all deviants, apparently. :lolol:
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:42 pm Let’s make this a super spreader event. Let’s all spread peace & love
And :jizz: maybe?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:58 pm

Let it be know that Zack will not defend his wifes honor and prevent an aggressor from assaulting his wife.
:wtf:
rockchops wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:30 pm Speaking of deflection, what is said poo like? Is it liquid? A mask would at least keep the peanuts and corn kernels out but may not deflect finer particles.
I really didn't think too much beyond the thought that it would be disrespectful to extend the horse cum analogy to Zacks wife, who has done nothing to me. So I tried to come up with a non sexual but gross analogy.

But y'all all deviants, apparently. :lolol:
So, no :jizz: then?
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 am
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:38 am

We’ve been in this stage with respiratory viruses in all of documented humanity. We just decided to freak the fk out for 2 years. I think at this point most will move past this rapidly unless there is a yet new even more deadly variant.
Until dudes like @Huckleberry (majority population carry a similar mindset) are the key to progress, not people with our perspective (minority). When do you think the majority will decide that they want to move on with their lives? Open invite to share your thoughts guys, I'm not bashing anyone's POV. We all have a partial truth to offer and I agree with both sides.

@[user not found], what are your thoughts about getting back to normal? Yes or no? Should we wait until we are at 100% vaccination and updated booster participation?
@huckman, how do we get through this without bankrupting the country, hyperinflating prices with continuous bailouts or whatever we want to call them?
I guess I have given you the impression that I have been locked up in my house this whole time? It's far from the case as I haven't really had the luxury of working from home and have spent this entire time maintaining empty office buildings with national data centers, and preparing them for the ever-extending date for when people will return to the office. I've had to deal with multiple construction projects, which were filled with workers who had varying opinions on the situation at hand, and I have had to deal with people who have had the luxury of working from home try to make decisions about the buildings and how to make them safe. I can't count the number of times I had to tell someone that their idea was retarded and give a list of reasons as to why. If you think planning a wedding is stressful, try planning one during a fucking pandemic and rescheduling it three times over. And despite what you or Brad may think, we still held a reception, and required vaccination to attend, and lost friendships as a result, and yes, I did worry about potentially having a superspreader event. Not because I'm a scared little libtard, but because I'm not a selfish fucking prick and I was hosting a party consisting of our closest friends and family. You know, the people we tend to care about the most.

I don't know why I was appointed to answer the financial aspects of your question. My answer is to build a time machine and not send a check to every American regardless of employment status. When this thing popped off, a lot of people lost their jobs and the rest reverted back to 2008 crisis mode because they didn't know if their job was next. Hell, just about every company started offering some form of free or discounted service because we were all in this together. And then the checks rolled out, and then further job cuts didn't happen, and the employed realized that they had even more money to spend because they were no longer commuting to work or buying lunch every day and essentially had a pay raise. So, they spent like crazy. But the unemployment numbers were still staggering and those people needed more help. So the government decided to send checks to everyone under a certain income level again, further fattening the pockets of the gainfully employed. And I certainly benefitted from those checks because I managed to sell a ton of shit and basically financed the entire 944 project with those sales, but it certainly wasn't the thing that should have happened. The money should have targeted the unemployed, and the second round should have certainly been prorated based on the length of time one was unemployed. If you were laid off for three months and then came back to work, your check would have been smaller than someone who was still unemployed. Would it have been perfect? No. But it would have been a hell of a lot better than doling out checks like Oprah doles out Pontiacs.

As for coming out of this, signs point that we are towards the end. The virus is mutating to be more transmissible and less severe, which has always been expected to be the case. Looking at history, the Spanish Flu pandemic lasted from 1918 to 1920, and here we are in 2022 following that same pattern. Was the 1918 flu deadlier? Certainly, but keep in mind that there were 100 years of medical and hygiene advancements made between then and now. So, how much of that played into things? By all accounts, COVID-19 has been the deadliest pandemic since 1918, and when you look at the excess mortality numbers, the confirmed death count is dwarfed.

You can be pedantic and argue "from" versus "with" if you want. The fact is that dead is dead, and there are a lot more dead bodies piled up than expected. The real test for getting back to normal is bridging the divide between those who tried to do their part and make concessions, and those who decided that this whole thing was fake news and took zero precautionary measures. That's going to take a long time to heal, and I'm sure there are some wedges that will be taken to the grave.

But honestly, I just don't fucking care anymore. I don't bother keeping up with this shit because I find it exhausting to have to listen to people bitch and piss and moan and whattabout and Joe Rogan said and... I just don't fucking care. I've done my part and if my actions make people think less of me, then fuck 'em.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Germany, Scotland, England and Czech Republic dropped the mandates! It's going to be one he'll of a good summer!!

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The Canada flag was from a local anti lockdown dude... message is still legit doe
razr390

I like turtles
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:58 pm

So, no :jizz: then?
Well i tried to type in iver- mectin but someone still has the word filter for horse cum still in place, so that is on Zachary if he is offended.
Huckleberry wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:29 pm
The money should have targeted the unemployed, and the second round should have certainly been prorated based on the length of time one was unemployed.

As for coming out of this, signs point that we are towards the end.

But honestly, I just don't fucking care anymore. I don't bother keeping up with this shit because I find it exhausting to have to listen to people bitch and piss and moan and whattabout and Joe Rogan said and... I just don't fucking care. I've done my part and if my actions make people think less of me, then fuck 'em.
Wow how reasonable.

we agree on lots here:

Your wedding your rules. I still think its a dick move if you think vaccines work the way vaccines are supposed to work, but I respect the aspect of your house your rules.

2nd round of checks especially should have been based on employment status and household income status. Checks for everyone is part of the inflation problem. As was all the PPP programs etc. less than a 1/4 of those bills funding went to the people, dont recall exact number but it was LOW

Spanish flu arc, yes. Why we didn't apply those lessons like the science said? Also specifically saying how masks did fuck all in that pandemic in the one place they were mandated? :iono:
We do disagree on the numbers of spanish flu, it was way worse on a per capita basis. We have more total bodies now because the population is higher, the death rate of that pandemic was far higher. But i also concede the point that with better modern medicine it could have perhaps been far lower.

Re cares, the only reason I care about the c-19 anymore is to point out its fuckign over and to stop the madness. I really dont give a flying fuck about the actual infection anymore. The data is there, its still a free country, do what you want personally - just don't force me to do your thing.

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:31 pm Germany, Scotland, England and Czech Republic dropped the mandates! It's going to be one he'll of a good summer!!

:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:

The tide is turning. Like I said...end of February.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:11 pm
Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:05 pm

That's also a reasonable approach, thanks for sharing your viewpoint on this Zilltastic!

How often do you visit your 96 y/o grandparents? Do you take pause from social gatherings or whatever risky things before visiting them? I'm happy that they have a place outside of Long Term Care centers... I'm learning that it is one of the worst places for the elderly.
I try to see her at least once a month, and I avoid contact with the public for a few days prior to visiting. She's vaccinated and wears a mask when she goes shopping, and if Covid gets her that way, so be it. It'll be on her own terms, and it won't be because of me.

LTC would be certain death for her, and I'd much rather she live out her remaining days in a house she knows and loves, and the house keeps her busy and keeps her going. At 96, she's still largely keeping up with the place and still does her own grocery shopping.
My grandma is similar, I think she's 92 but going pretty strong, still takes care of her own business and lives in her long time home. I do the same thing, keep contact to a minimum before seeing her and try to maintain some extra caution. I think this is really something that COVID or not, we have all (well most of us) learned to be a good precaution. I don't want to get older/higher risk loved ones sick.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

@Brad, out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the many other vaccines that have been required for children to attend school since long before all of us were growing up?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, wouldn't the freedom card also extend to any private entity to require masks and/or vaccines if they so choose?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, in4more :poop: talk :lolol: :wtf: :popcorn:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:30 am @Brad, out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the many other vaccines that have been required for children to attend school since long before all of us were growing up?
Those vaccines went through literal years of testing, trials, and review. They are sterilizing. They are based on established technology and medical practice. There are mechanisms in place to get exemptions for medical issues. And finally, perhaps slightly divorced from you question, YOU DON'T HAVE TO ATTEND PUBLIC SCHOOL. as a last resort. This is not an issue people are going to go to bat on because their worth, value, and efficacy are well proven and self evident. Governments doesn't have to do much work mandating them because of this. Even people that might be a little 'crunchy' on vax shit will end up concluding, much like your position of wearing stupid fucking masks, 'go along to get along'. While I dont think these requirements should be codified federally, I have no issues with them in general on the local school level.

EVERY VACCINE FOR COVID IS STILL BEING USED UNDER AND EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION IN THE US, and are by definition experimental.

There are no large long term trials in place for anyone, including children, simply because time has not passed. Until now, mRNA vaccines have never been used in large numbers of people. The trails for kids have been very small. And for kids specifically, they are in no danger from covid. In fact, the vaccine might be worse for them if you look at the population level data. Still small numbers, but so are the negative outcomes from covid. Some of the people on the FDA board resigned over this shit. https://nypost.com/2021/09/01/two-senio ... shot-plan/

I'm not going to give my child a drug where the cure might be worse than the disease; I'll take my chances with the infection itself and resulting natural immunity. Read the history of the polio vaccine trials to find out why for yourself. By the way, they took nearly ten years and IIRC the trial was 20k in the treatment group. For the Pfizer covid vax...it was about 1000. One girl is still eating through a tube and is wheelchair bound, and get this, they excluded her adverse event from the trial data because she didn't get the 2nd dose. You know, because of the first one nearly killing her. Fuck those odds.

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:31 am Also, wouldn't the freedom card also extend to any private entity to require masks and/or vaccines if they so choose?
If you interpreted my post correctly, yes I agree with this. That's what it means when I say "you don't want my money" If those business choose to do that, I won't be doing business with them. It's their right to be fucking stupid, and it's my right to not spend my hard earned money there as a result.

To use the meme, I cannot demand to eat at applebees. I can only eat at Applebee's if they and I have an agreement on terms. My terms are no mask requirements, no vax requirements, and that they will filly my other consumer demands to my satisfaction. If the Applebee's and I cannot agree on those terms there is no transaction. My costco membershit is on the thinnest of fucking ice right now exactly because of this.

razr390 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:00 amI like turtles
Me too, in soup usually.

You guys want to see what happens in populations where we use non sterilizing vaccines?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marek's_disease

bovine neonatal pancytopenia
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/ ... -ii_en.pdf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3846664/
Incidentally, this was a Pfizer vaccine.

If yall read and comprehend that shit and line up for the 3rd and 4th booster because heir fauci the fuckface says so, well YOU are the reason covid could maybe evolve into a more deadly thing moving forward.

But I'll say it right here, I'll take another covid shot IF its sterilizing and IF it goes through the full approval process.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

By Daniel Trotta and Brad Brooks

(Reuters) - A New York judge struck down the state's mask mandate on Monday, one week before it was due to expire, ruling the governor overstepped her authority in imposing a rule that needed to have been passed by the state legislature.

Judge Thomas Rademaker of New York State Supreme Court on Long Island found that the state legislature last year curbed any governor's ability to issue decrees, such as a mask mandate, amid a declared state of emergency.
Good. Less likely the government will try this silly shit again in the future, because as we know from the science™ masks don't work to stop viruses.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

https://www.yahoo.com/news/best-mask-co ... 00421.html
What is the best mask for COVID-19? A mechanical engineer explains the science after 2 years of testing masks in his lab
Christian L'Orange, Assistant Research Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Colorado State University
Christian L'Orange is a mechanical engineer who has been testing the performance of masks for the state of Colorado since the beginning of the pandemic. He explains the new CDC guidelines and the science of what makes for a good mask.
I guess he is qualified because university, researcher, and TEH SCIENCE™? :yeahok:
Cloth masks are typically made of common woven materials such as cotton or polyester. The fibers are often large and less densely packed together, meaning particles can easily pass through the material. Adding more layers can help, but stacking layers has a diminishing return and the performance of a cloth mask, even with multiple layers, will still typically not match that of surgical mask or N95.
Many cloth mask designs simply do not seal well. They are not stiff enough to push against the face, there are gaps where the mask doesn’t even come in contact with the face and it is not possible to cinch them tightly enough against the skin to form a decent seal.

But leaking is a concern for all masks. Although the materials used in surgical masks are quite effective, they often bunch and fold on the sides. These gaps provide an easy route for air and particles to leak out.
Unfortunately, the attributes that make for a good mask are the very things that make masks uncomfortable and not very stylish. If your cloth mask is comfy and light and feels like you are wearing nothing at all, it probably isn’t doing much to keep you and others safe from the coronavirus. The protection offered by a high-quality, well-fitting N95 or KN95 is the best. Surgical masks can be very effective at filtering out particles, but getting them to fit correctly can be tricky and makes the overall protection they will provide you questionable. If you have other options, cloth masks should be a last choice.

Exactly what I have been saying since this nonsense with masks started. He has said everything except They don't work, probably because fear of funding, backlash, etc. Basically all the reasons SCIENCE should not be POLITICAL.

:micdrop:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:32 pm The Canada flag was from a local anti lockdown dude... message is still legit doe
What the boots on the ground sitch my dude

brain go brrrrrr