OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:36 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:34 pm Barris was some kind of mad genius.
:dat:

Between the Munstermobile, Dragula, and the Monkeemobile, Barris might be one of the most "famous" custom car designers ever. I love the TV shows from the 60s' that capitalized on custom car culture like that.
Yep. Didn't he also do the Beverley Hillbillies truck, the original Batmobile and the Green Hornet car, or whatever it was called?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

It was called Black Beauty:
wap

wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:34 pm Barris was some kind of mad genius.

Between the Munstermobile, Dragula, and batmobile Barris might be one of the most "famous" custom car designers ever. I love the TV shows from the 60s' that capitalized on custom car culture like that.
He did do the Monkeemobile too, :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:40 pm It was called Black Beauty:
:megusta:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Between the Munstermobile, Dragula, and batmobile Barris might be one of the most "famous" custom car designers ever. I love the TV shows from the 60s' that capitalized on custom car culture like that.
I thought so, but I fact checked myself and he actually didn't!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeemobile

:mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

And we’re off
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:42 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 pm

I thought so, but I fact checked myself and he actually didn't!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeemobile

:mindblown:
I had no idea. :themoreyouknow:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:32 pm FYI, there's a raging "debate" on the Dead Zone about Covfefe-19, with some :thankstrump: -loving retard named zrickety arguing that it's all :fakenews: and an ex military dr. or medic shooting down each :derp: comment with :science: . It's weirdly entertaining. At one point it devolved to them calling each other potato. :wtf:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph ... -2.376489/
120 pages of :rolleyes: since July. :lol:
That retard, just like the rest of the anti-maskers, can't grasp the notion that the mask is more to protect others from getting slobbered on. Yes, it diminishes the infection risk of the person wearing it, but not as much as if everyone in the room is wearing one. So, the argument of "People should have the choice to wear masks" isn't valid because a person choosing to not wear a mask raises the risk of infection for others in the room.

Also, studies have shown neck gaiters and bandanas to be ineffective facial coverings and are beginning to get banned in medical facilities. I'm sure other commercial properties will begin to follow suit. I'm pushing for it at my buildings.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Two more for variety:

wap

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:24 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:32 pm FYI, there's a raging "debate" on the Dead Zone about Covfefe-19, with some :thankstrump: -loving retard named zrickety arguing that it's all :fakenews: and an ex military dr. or medic shooting down each :derp: comment with :science: . It's weirdly entertaining. At one point it devolved to them calling each other potato. :wtf:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph ... -2.376489/
120 pages of :rolleyes: since July. :lol:
That retard, just like the rest of the anti-maskers, can't grasp the notion that the mask is more to protect others from getting slobbered on. Yes, it diminishes the infection risk of the person wearing it, but not as much as if everyone in the room is wearing one. So, the argument of "People should have the choice to wear masks" isn't valid because a person choosing to not wear a mask raises the risk of infection for others in the room.

Also, studies have shown neck gaiters and bandanas to be ineffective facial coverings and are beginning to get banned in medical facilities. I'm sure other commercial properties will begin to follow suit. I'm pushing for it at my buildings.
:dat: It's really simple for a non- :derp:
I've heard that as well about bandanas, too.
wap

Dat Jerk one :lolol:
max225

What I enjoy is finding out that every single person thinks they know better than the other, and that same person also has more at stake than others as well. :popcorn:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:22 pm What I enjoy is finding out that every single person thinks they know better than the other, and that same person also has more at stake than others as well. :popcorn:
Yeah I think I know what you mean, I'm not really that into arguing about what I think is right and wrong personally though. My stance on the subject is that it is better to err on the side of safety and try to keep some space between me and the next person. We all need to wear masks when indoors, so that should help a lot, even with the common cold and flu when the season hits. I actually kind of dig it LOL
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:35 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:22 pm What I enjoy is finding out that every single person thinks they know better than the other, and that same person also has more at stake than others as well. :popcorn:
Yeah I think I know what you mean, I'm not really that into arguing about what I think is right and wrong personally though. My stance on the subject is that it is better to err on the side of safety and try to keep some space between me and the next person. We all need to wear masks when indoors, so that should help a lot, even with the common cold and flu when the season hits. I actually kind of dig it LOL
I don't mind the masks. I highly mind the disinformation and censorship/rage etc when it comes to questioning the imperfect and clearly flawed data that changes weekly.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:41 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:35 pm

I don't mind the masks. I highly mind the disinformation and censorship/rage etc when it comes to questioning the imperfect and clearly flawed data that changes weekly.
I can see why you would question the stats, and I have been paying attention to your judgment of the medical stat and how they are taken. I don't think you're off base for challenging them, maybe someday they'll come up with a better system for keeping track of this stuff. But for now it's all they know, and are probably limited by who knows how many factors on a government level. The system will never get better people don't ask questions, basically how all things improve over time. I would love for there to be a test that is 99.9% accurate and be as commonly distributed as a pack of gum.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

On second thought it would be great having something that's 75% accurate and readily available to anyone anywhere. I know that I could just take two at different times and probably get a good sense of my health.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:48 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:41 pm

I can see why you would question the stats, and I have been paying attention to your judgment of the medical stat and how they are taken. I don't think you're off base for challenging them, maybe someday they'll come up with a better system for keeping track of this stuff. But for now it's all they know, and are probably limited by who knows how many factors on a government level. The system will never get better people don't ask questions, basically how all things improve over time. I would love for there to be a test that is 99.9% accurate and be as commonly distributed as a pack of gum.
Yep, very reasonable response TY.

To be clear I am not anti mask, and I don't think that this isn't a "real" disease.

I am however exteremly curious about the actual stats that follow the disease itself, which apparently is a taboo subject that equates you to someone who decides to wear a MAGA hat and lick toilet seats on Medical evac flights from covid zones.

So far all I can say is, the data integrity and quality that I have dug through, that was published by official sources is extremely poor. And on top of that BAD DATA gets cherry picked by plenty of "online experts" with "everything to lose" who just yell and scream and try and shut you down when one tries to point out obvious shortcomings.
max225

I am also extremely curious about state by state trends.
One thing that is quite curious is this.

New York death rate is 282/100,000
Ca is 33/100,000
NY Infection rate 2800/100,000
Ca Infection rate 1800/100,000

10x the deaths, but only 1.5x the infection :butwhy:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:55 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:48 pm

Yep, very reasonable response TY.

To be clear I am not anti mask, and I don't think that this isn't a "real" disease.

I am however exteremly curious about the actual stats that follow the disease itself, which apparently is a taboo subject that equates you to someone who decides to wear a MAGA hat and lick toilet seats on Medical evac flights from covid zones.

So far all I can say is, the data integrity and quality that I have dug through, that was published by official sources is extremely poor. And on top of that BAD DATA gets cherry picked by plenty of "online experts" with "everything to lose" who just yell and scream and try and shut you down when one tries to point out obvious shortcomings.
So get this okay, I was entrusted to be on the board of directors for my condo rental property even though it's a detached house, which is bulshit because the only thing that's common is the roadway and curbs but whatever. The first time home owners started to rent older people on the street went ape shitt because new people were in the neighbourhood. I got complaints, pictures were taken, yelling in sood and all because someone was scared of the virus from the big city. This is not going to be something that everyone is comfortable with and emotions will stay heightened for a while. I'm good with just fearing clear of people who have strong opinions about the subject.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:03 pm I am also extremely curious about state by state trends.
One thing that is quite curious is this.

New York death rate is 282/100,000
Ca is 33/100,000
NY Infection rate 2800/100,000
Ca Infection rate 1800/100,000

10x the deaths, but only 1.5x the infection :butwhy:
NY/NJ shoved Covid patients into senior nursing homes, easily killing thousands.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I tend to shy away from all discussions. It's just too incendiary.
I read the news, I come to my own conclusions, I live my life accordingly.

Keep in mind, I visited Travis, flew to Griff to pick up the blue BMW, and went on a vacation with 12 other people, and argued with others about the severity of the situation.

The hostility has taken it's toll on me tho, and I refuse to let myself sink down into hopelessness. Thus I just let the issue be.

I get tired of people who talk about it incessantly.
I get tired of people who say that "they know, because X publication" any certainty should be taken with a critical ear.
I get tired of people arguing about masks.
I get tired of people blaming political parties.

I'm just tired of people being shitty to each other. Something that should have united us against a common "enemy" has just made existing divisions worse it seems.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225

:like:
Melon wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:27 pm I tend to shy away from all discussions. It's just too incendiary.
I read the news, I come to my own conclusions, I live my life accordingly.

Keep in mind, I visited Travis, flew to Griff to pick up the blue BMW, and went on a vacation with 12 other people, and argued with others about the severity of the situation.

The hostility has taken it's toll on me tho, and I refuse to let myself sink down into hopelessness. Thus I just let the issue be.

I get tired of people who talk about it incessantly.
I get tired of people who say that "they know, because X publication" any certainty should be taken with a critical ear.
I get tired of people arguing about masks.
I get tired of people blaming political parties.

I'm just tired of people being shitty to each other. Something that should have united us against a common "enemy" has just made existing divisions worse it seems.
:like: can’t disagree with anything here. I wish covid lock ups didn’t have the nasty side effect of enraging people
wap

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:55 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:51 pm :like:

:like: can’t disagree with anything here. I wish covid lock ups didn’t have the nasty side effect of enraging people
The damn shame about it is we had one chance to get those lockdowns right with the lowest amount of economic damage and the best health outcomes and really only you guys out in Cali and New York got it right. If we (as a nation) would have all done the same thing at the same time, we probably would be in a different place now.
:dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:01 pm Psychologically you only get one shot at a lockdown and it's extremely time limited and the psychological impact is the same with a partial lockdown or a full.
I can’t say that california got it right though ... matter of fact I think the only two countries that did are South Korea and Japan*.

But they have a culture of mask use already and based on what my contacts in Japan tell me, Japan lied about covid impact as long as possible in order to make olympics happen.

So perhaps only one nation got it “right”.

:disgust:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My friend was in Torino when Italy was dealing with the European version and to get it under control they went into full and very strict lockdown for a two to four or whatever week period at it's worst. I'm good with go hard or go :gtfo:

Nothing says it won't be done here at some point if things get out of hand. It is a pretty good reset technique for lack of a better description.