OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:25 am
razr390 wrote:I think Troy blocked me at some point and doesn’t see my postscript

:doomed:
Nah I've never blocked anyone, just trying to avoid rehashing too many things. Miami area is simply too expensive/dense. When did you move out of FL?

All accounts say that St Pete has been rapidly getting younger and more progressive, with the center of the movement being that neighborhood with the house I posted - Grand Central District.
We're sort of thinking of Florida to escape the libtards here (Thinking Palm Beach, but still unlikely).

What's going on with the woman's job? She getting a new one in Florida or are we going to pretend WFH is here to stay forever?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:25 am Nah I've never blocked anyone, just trying to avoid rehashing too many things. Miami area is simply too expensive/dense. When did you move out of FL?

All accounts say that St Pete has been rapidly getting younger and more progressive, with the center of the movement being that neighborhood with the house I posted - Grand Central District.
We're sort of thinking of Florida to escape the libtards here (Thinking Palm Beach, but still unlikely).

What's going on with the woman's job? She getting a new one in Florida or are we going to pretend WFH is here to stay forever?
Continuing to apply to every company in the (Tampa) Bay Area while trying to get permanent WFH as a bridge. NY state makes you pay their income tax even if you live/work in FL for a NY company so the goal is to :gtfo: of Corning, Inc. regardless.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:20 pm
max225 wrote:

Continuing to apply to every company in the (Tampa) Bay Area while trying to get permanent WFH as a bridge. NY state makes you pay their income tax even if you live/work in FL for a NY company so the goal is to :gtfo: of Corning, Inc. regardless.
Yea makes sense. :like:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:20 pm
max225 wrote:

Look for permanent remote employment too. I've had a few calls with recruiters for permanent remote work, the opportunities are out there and will continue.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:53 am
4zilch wrote:
Agreed. I tend to look at the average age in a given area more than anything. In TN, if I had to live in a bloo county, my options on Memphis, Nashville, or Chattanooga metro areas. My identity isn't tied to my political beliefs, and as long as someone else's isn't solely based around their political (or religious) beliefs, we can talk about other things. Like minded or not, I don't really care to discuss those things at length anyway.
Try being a 130 lb long haired dude whose wardrobe is half from the women's section and see how many friendly interactions you have with Trumpers. Just ~2 weeks ago I was nearly beat up by 3 bad hombres for daring to walk past them on the street. Similar things happen when I have the nerve to ride a bicycle on THEIR streets. I will not live among these people any longer. They win.

IDGAF about voting specifically, but if you aren't a rainbow flag waver then it's not likely that we'll ever be friends. Voting is something that is easier to measure without living in a place.

Yeah IDK, if I'd had your experiences, I'm sure my view would shift.

People don't fuck with me :doe: :iono:
Last edited by 4zilch on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:52 am
4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:16 am

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida-el ... p/34931148#

The whole living somewhere based on how people vote is kinda :mindblown: to me though.
You are a very introverted person :doe:

For those of us who seek social interaction as much as we can, it certainly becomes challenging if all of those around have dissimilar beliefs and values. I think I'm actually less politically charged than much of this forum, but I would find it challenging to live in any rural county of NC (among other places) because of the rampant politics that I pretty vehemently disagree with.

Now, all of that said, now that the Cheeto is gone and COVID has an end in sight, I hope that we can all become less divided as a country and just discuss politics less in general. I feel like 5-10 years ago, I could be friends with someone/meet someone/chat with someone and not have to talk politics. The deeper the relationship gets though, the harder it is to maintain if worldview/values are drastically different.
I did expand on my thoughts in another post:

"... I tend to look at the average age in a given area more than anything. In TN, if I had to live in a bloo county, my options on Memphis, Nashville, or Chattanooga metro areas. My identity isn't tied to my political beliefs, and as long as someone else's isn't solely based around their political (or religious) beliefs, we can talk about other things. Like minded or not, I don't really care to discuss those things at length anyway."

I still have loads of friends that vote trump and support what the party has become. We just don't really discuss politics :iono:

The issue with people of differing political beliefs is that for many of them form their identity around it. Even libtards, whom I tend to agree with more often, get fucking annoying too when they wear their beliefs on their sleeves.

I long for the days of politics being taboo subjects to discuss in polite company.

:wrong: :fakenews: :gtfo: :ban:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225

QUESALUPA. :megusta: :fatty:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:41 pm Image

Oh hell yeah

Irish

4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:38 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:52 am

You are a very introverted person :doe:

For those of us who seek social interaction as much as we can, it certainly becomes challenging if all of those around have dissimilar beliefs and values. I think I'm actually less politically charged than much of this forum, but I would find it challenging to live in any rural county of NC (among other places) because of the rampant politics that I pretty vehemently disagree with.

Now, all of that said, now that the Cheeto is gone and COVID has an end in sight, I hope that we can all become less divided as a country and just discuss politics less in general. I feel like 5-10 years ago, I could be friends with someone/meet someone/chat with someone and not have to talk politics. The deeper the relationship gets though, the harder it is to maintain if worldview/values are drastically different.

"... I tend to look at the average age in a given area more than anything. In TN, if I had to live in a bloo county, my options on Memphis, Nashville, or Chattanooga metro areas. My identity isn't tied to my political beliefs, and as long as someone else's isn't solely based around their political (or religious) beliefs, we can talk about other things. Like minded or not, I don't really care to discuss those things at length anyway."

I still have loads of friends that vote trump and support what the party has become. We just don't really discuss politics :iono:

The issue with people of differing political beliefs is that for many of them form their identity around it. Even libtards, whom I tend to agree with more often, get fucking annoying too when they wear their beliefs on their sleeves.

I long for the days of politics being taboo subjects to discuss in polite company.

The bolded would be glorious.....

but the general electorate has been conditioned by social media and the cable news propaganda machine to regurgitate what ever their favorite "on screen personalities" are spewing on any given day.....

and they are addicted to the dopamine they get when the "echo chamber" with whom they have surrounded themselves "likes" their reposts.....

we live in some fucked up times....
Last edited by Irish on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Oh fuck me. I want that in my mouth so bad.

Hopefully it sticks around on the menu for a few months so I can try it down the road.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Irish wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:49 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:38 pm

The bolded would be glorious.....

but the general electorate has been conditioned by social media and the cable news propaganda machine to regurgitate what ever their favorite "on screen personalities" are spewing on any given day.....

and they are addicted to the dopamine they get when the "echo chamber" with whom they have surrounded themselves "likes" their reposts.....

we live in some fucked up times....
Social media algorithms value screen real estate th at they take from you. So they will feed you the echo chamber too, just so you stay on their app
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh

4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:51 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:15 am
:dat:

I get it to an extent, you have to interact with people you live around so you want them to be at least somewhat like minded, but I've found that every metro area can have people you identify with.
Agreed. I tend to look at the average age in a given area more than anything. In TN, if I had to live in a bloo county, my options on Memphis, Nashville, or Chattanooga metro areas. My identity isn't tied to my political beliefs, and as long as someone else's isn't solely based around their political (or religious) beliefs, we can talk about other things. Like minded or not, I don't really care to discuss those things at length anyway.
This is going to have to be the way to go in the future with a number of relationships I have post COVID. If you literally CANNOT bring anything to the table/be interesting/be humorous without bringing politics into it, :gtfo:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

WOW
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I like to have intellectual discourse with friends, and oftentimes I will always be the devil’s advocate if I see any participant fully passionate and fixated on one viewpoint across the board.

Many people mistake that as me being against them but in reality I just think of it as furthering the discussion, and it either confirms and validates your viewpoints or gives you another one that you can make decisions off of.

Learned it during research projects in college. Stuck with me ever since.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:55 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:51 am

This is going to have to be the way to go in the future with a number of relationships I have post COVID. If you literally CANNOT bring anything to the table/be interesting/be humorous without bringing politics into it, :gtfo:
We've lost friends as a result of this. IDGAF about politics really, and once someone starts going deep down that path, I lose interest in associating with them fast. I'm not even sure what my political stance is anymore, which means IDGAF overall. I'm not going to be persuaded by whatever anyone says, I think it's all :bs: from everyone/where. My goal is to surround myself with people who are just :fuckyeah: about being alive and not worrying about crap that they can't control.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:51 pm

I think this is a subject DFD can get behind.
It's got my vote.
ChrisoftheNorth

It's been ages since I've been to TBell, this should fix that.
Irish

razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:58 pm I like to have intellectual discourse with friends, and oftentimes I will always be the devil’s advocate if I see any participant fully passionate and fixated on one viewpoint across the board.

Many people mistake that as me being against them but in reality I just think of it as furthering the discussion, and it either confirms and validates your viewpoints or gives you another one that you can make decisions off of.

Learned it during research projects in college. Stuck with me ever since.
The bolded is HUGE both literally and figuratively....

One of the problems is that the pundits are dialing people up to 11..... for RATINGS.....

Perfect example is my sister in law... she is a stanch conservative who has never been outside the rural surroundings in which she was born and raised...
We do not align politically...but never have we been as opposed as we stand today...... what changed? I mean, yeah you could say that Trump was , for some, a welcome departure from the Washington norm ...... that He alone was responsible for the division...

but I blame the framework that allowed him to become so powerful.....and to reach so many people..... people that would not normally align with a "billionaire" ...

I am not railing against him, or the Republicunts (hell I was one of them for a long, long time) ...I am commenting on the current "mixed reality" that has pushed this country into a horrible division the likes of which has not been seen since the civil war and civil rights movement.....
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:14 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:55 pm

We've lost friends as a result of this. IDGAF about politics really, and once someone starts going deep down that path, I lose interest in associating with them fast. I'm not even sure what my political stance is anymore, which means IDGAF overall. I'm not going to be persuaded by whatever anyone says, I think it's all :bs: from everyone/where. My goal is to surround myself with people who are just :fuckyeah: about being alive and not worrying about crap that they can't control.
I have reduced my communication to almost zero with a few friends that I think are absolute idiots about the COVID/masking/politics but who would have flown out to CA to bail me out of a jam before the COVID and doubtless still would. We have long friendships built on decades of acts of service to each other, and I'm just going to have to wait this out and see how it goes.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:notbad:

I have a date with a friend at Taco Bell tomorrow, will report back.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:24 pm

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:24 pm

:jelly:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:14 pm
I have reduced my communication to almost zero with a few friends that I think are absolute idiots about the COVID/masking/politics but who would have flown out to CA to bail me out of a jam before the COVID and doubtless still would. We have long friendships built on decades of acts of service to each other, and I'm just going to have to wait this out and see how it goes.
Between COVID and the election, 2020 brought out the absolute worst in people. I'm hopeful that things will calm down, but we'll see.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:51 pm

I think this is a subject DFD can get behind.
:yesth:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I think one can have intellectual discussion around real issues without going full into politics. Talk to me about an issue specifically, not a party. Like, if you support universal healthcare, that's great. This doesn't mean you have to align with a party 100%, repeat whatever their news cronies report, throw party stickers on your car, etc.

I know my own bias and am trying to be kinder towards Trump supporters, BUT... :bruh: believe in something real that matters, not just in some ridiculous ass hat that is an embarrassment to our history. If you are happy about lowered taxes, reduced stringency on CAFE standards, something like that, fine. I might disagree but I can respect your view. If you now spell coffee 'cofvefe' because 'He' spelled it that way on Twitter, :gtfo:

I just want to surround myself by people who challenge me, make me better, make me think, support/participate in my hobbies, and/or are fun to be around. Political ranters on either side don't do any of those things.