Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:37 pm Got up to my parents’ place Thursday night. Opened the Jeep up Friday morning and took all my nieces and nephews out in the desert. They LOVED it!

I promised the oldest one a private ride since he doesn’t need a booster seat and could go on the roads with me. Took him up the hills on the outskirts of Lancaster and drove up to the California Aqueduct at dusk so we could watch all the lights turn on in the valley as the sun set. Doing the speed limit on the roads was a little too loud for him, but he still enjoyed bragging to the younger cousins about it.

:fuckyeah:
That’s awesome :sawce:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

That's cool, nice of you to do that. The kids will remember it for the rest of their lives
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Oh yeah they had a blast. First thing they asked this morning was if we could go back out, so we did that, and once it cools off again this evening I’ll take them out again.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:fuckyeah:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Is this the general Jeep thread?

Anyways.... our Vacay last week was to Corolla NC, the northern most community on OBX. Between it and the Virginia state line boasts one of the few drive-on-beaches that I have encountered.

During to 2 hour crawl to get off the island chain i saw no less than 50 :jeep: some were super impressive.

75% were driven by the fairer sex.

:themoreyouknow:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:16 pm Is this the general Jeep thread?

Anyways.... our Vacay last week was to Corolla NC, the northern most community on OBX. Between it and the Virginia state line boasts one of the few drive-on-beaches that I have encountered.

During to 2 hour crawl to get off the island chain i saw no less than 50 :jeep: some were super impressive.

Bitches love jeeps unless they are my bitch. :yikes:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:17 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:16 pm Is this the general Jeep thread?

Michelle misses my Jeep more than I do :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:33 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:17 pm

Yea, chicks really love them.

For some reason, my Michele is way more :fuckyeah: on the CT2 than the JL. She didn't like the top off much because of messing up hair :whocares: , so it made the thing somewhat of a waste. So that worked out...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:16 pm

For some reason, my Michele is way more :fuckyeah: on the CT2 than the JL. She didn't like the top off much because of messing up hair :whocares: , so it made the thing somewhat of a waste. So that worked out...
Yeah she didn't love when I had the top and/or doors off, but she liked riding around in it when it was all buttoned up. She likes that high seating position.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:15 pm

Yeah she didn't love when I had the top and/or doors off, but she liked riding around in it when it was all buttoned up. She likes that high seating position.
There is indeed something special about the overall ride in a :jeep:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I feel her dude I have to man bun my hair when I put the windows down or take the targa off
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:51 pm

I feel her dude I have to man bun my hair when I put the windows down or take the targa off
She wears her hair up 90% of the time, I guess she just didn't love the open air thing.

When I first finished my C5, I had to man bun to go with the targa off. Got to be a hassle in summer and I chopped it off. Annual haircuts since.
Apex

God damn hippies.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Apex wrote:God damn hippies.
I feel attacked
Apex

:whocares: JT update:

Purchased: 11/21/2020

Will pass 15k miles on my drive home tonight. Only been to the :dillerman: for the freebie 710 changes.

This :truk: is stupid but awesome. Gets compliments everywhere I go.

Best mpg: 21.5
Average mpg: 19.0 (fuelly calc)
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:32 pm :whocares: JT update:

Will pass 15k miles on my drive home tonight. Only been to the :dillerman: for the freebie 710 changes.

Wow, that MPG is solid compared to what I saw with my Rubicon. They are indeed stupid and that makes them awesome. Glad it's been a good one for ya!
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:35 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:32 pm :whocares: JT update:

Wow, that MPG is solid compared to what I saw with my Rubicon. They are indeed stupid and that makes them awesome. Glad it's been a good one for ya!
Most tanks are around 20mpg these days but remember I’m pushing about 140 miles on the highway per commute, the last 20 miles are stop and go 35mph limit city driving.

Still :notbad: for ~75mph commutes most days.
Apex

Toyo makes their new AT III in a 35x11.5x17!!! :fuckyeah: that’s gonna be my jam. :excited:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:46 am Toyo makes their new AT III in a 35x11.5x17!!! :fuckyeah: that’s gonna be my jam. :excited:
I think 35x11.5 17 could be huge. Glad to see it expanding.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:54 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:46 am Toyo makes their new AT III in a 35x11.5x17!!! :fuckyeah: that’s gonna be my jam. :excited:
It will actually fit on the stock wheels; which is huge to me because I really like the Willys wheels. I hope to see the size gain popularity and more tires become available. It almost seems like a Goldilocks size.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:54 am
It will actually fit on the stock wheels; which is huge to me because I really like the Willys wheels. I hope to see the size gain popularity and more tires become available. It almost seems like a Goldilocks size.
It absolutely is, and I like the idea of tires that better fit stock wheels. 35x12.5 "fit" according to most, but they really don't.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:03 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:00 pm

It absolutely is, and I like the idea of tires that better fit stock wheels. 35x12.5 "fit" according to most, but they really don't.
Every forumbro says a 12.5 “fits” the stock wheels.
Tire manufacturers usually state you need an 8 or 8.5 wide wheel for their 12.5 wide tires. I don’t want that wide of a tire as they usually stick way too far out and throw all sorts of rocks/mud/salt/shit all over the sides of the vehicle.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:03 pm
Tire manufacturers usually state you need an 8 or 8.5 wide wheel for their 12.5 wide tires. I don’t want that wide of a tire as they usually stick way too far out and throw all sorts of rocks/mud/salt/shit all over the sides of the vehicle.
The problem with 12.5" tires on those wheels is the wheels don't stick out far enough, so you end up with rubbing issues. But the tires also stick out further due to overall width, so it's just losing in every way.

There's also issues with stability on those narrow wheels, tire mfgs have size requirements for a reason.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:21 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:11 pm

The problem with 12.5" tires on those wheels is the wheels don't stick out far enough, so you end up with rubbing issues. But the tires also stick out further due to overall width, so it's just losing in every way.

There's also issues with stability on those narrow wheels, tire mfgs have size requirements for a reason.
The rubbing issues cause people to add wheel spacers, which who knows where they got them from.

I’d like to follow manufacturer specs when it comes to the only part of my vehicle that actually touches the road/ground.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:30 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:21 pm

The rubbing issues cause people to add wheel spacers, which who knows where they got them from.

I’d like to follow manufacturer specs when it comes to the only part of my vehicle that actually touches the road/ground.
Yep. Chinese sourced spacers from ebay to run tires that are too wide for the wheels on a $50k Jeep. Makes perfect sense.

BuT IvE beEN ruNNinG ThEm fOr 100K mIlEs wiTh NO iSsuEs!